Possible DLC for Fates (potential spoilers?)

AsherCrane

So we know the third path will be released sometime around the end of this month, but we don't have a release date yet, right? I was sort of expecting to hear something by now, but maybe they're just letting the hype die down a bit.

As for the other DLC, we've seen gameplay footage of the Awakening map and the swimsuit pictures from the beach, so I figure they might be released alongside the third path.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who are worried about headcannon

the support conversations seem to imply this is in the very early part of the game far before the child characters or marriage so no problems

Does the DLC data have romanized names for シェンメイ and ロンタオ (or anyone else new, for that matter, like スメラギ being confirmed as Sumeragi) in the voice files? I've been assuming that they're Sheng Mei and Long Tao, but given that マクベス was Makubex and not Macbeth like everyone thought, who knows.

These are the kinds of things I like to keep records of, so I'd be very happy if you could share. :D

It's Shenmey.

However I wouldn't be surprised if it was meant to be Sheng Mei and Macbeth, but the staff member naming the files didn't know. Or maybe it's a subtle reference.

Makubex sounds all kind of wrong though... I think I'll side against IS on this one. Oh wait, it's Iago in the NA version anyway DX

Edited by VincentASM

I kinda hope we'll see more of this sort of thing in future DLC, as this is the place where all the Awakening fanservice SHOULD have been. Like, I love Awakening, but its bugs me how much of it has already been shoehorned into the main game, with the inclusion of Inigo, Owain, and Severa, the expies of Tharja, Gaius, and Cordelia, and 2ed generation with their stupid justification. I wish they'd let Fates be its own thing in regards to the main game, then let the DLC be "all of the fanservice".

Amen, brother. I've been thinking exactly this.

Edited by The DanMan

Eh, not excited for more characters if they lack supports and I will hate any more Awakening characters randomly thrown in. Keep the ones we have in Nohr please.

I assume we'll get Summer Scramble, Winter or Fall Scramble though they better be unique for each route.

Edited by Pretty_Handsome

I kinda hope we'll see more of this sort of thing in future DLC, as this is the place where all the Awakening fanservice SHOULD have been. Like, I love Awakening, but its bugs me how much of it has already been shoehorned into the main game, with the inclusion of Inigo, Owain, and Severa, the expies of Tharja, Gaius, and Cordelia, and 2ed generation with their stupid justification. I wish they'd let Fates be its own thing in regards to the main game, then let the DLC be "all of the fanservice".

I agree. I honestly though don't mind Severa, Inigo and Owain coming back. At least for them it made sense, but Cordelia, Gaius and Tharja recarnations I thought were really weak design choice and could have been done better.

For those of you who are worried about headcannon

the support conversations seem to imply this is in the very early part of the game far before the child characters or marriage so no problems

We (or at least me, I'm assuming here) don't think that this specific DLC shown ruins headcanon, but the child characters of Owain/Odin, Severa/Luna, and Inigo/Lazwald all being present and being the ones that came from the future ruin headcanon, because what if you had characters married to them? What if you married them? Are they all dead or did that never happen? Because the game already kinda ruined some headcanons in the main game, who's to say they won't ruin more in the extra content?

The Robin-amiibo is a good example, because it implies Ma!Robin is canon and Fe!Robin doesn't exist, which is kinda stupid because they never outright confirmed a gender for any previous MUs, including Mark and Kris IIRC.

But getting out of that headcanon rant, as long as all of the previous game "fanservice" DLC aren't all Awakening, I'm happy. Seeing Gaius, Tharja, and Cordelia back in this game as "reincarnations" made me want to punch something.

The Robin-amiibo is a good example, because it implies Ma!Robin is canon and Fe!Robin doesn't exist, which is kinda stupid because they never outright confirmed a gender for any previous MUs, including Mark and Kris IIRC.

It doesn't imply that though. They only recognize him by his outfit, and both male and female avatars had the same outfit before promotion.

It doesn't imply that though. They only recognize him by his outfit, and both male and female avatars had the same outfit before promotion.

Which ruins my headcanon that Robin promoted to a great Grandmaster during the timeskip. Damn you IS!

Since this topic keeps popping up, here are the translated unreleased DLC for those curious:

Treasure of the Ruins
Terrifying Spirit Mountain
Duelist Museum
Paradise Scramble
Battle for the Strongest Royal
Encounter with Awakening
The Invisible History: Beginning
The Invisible History: Conclusion

There looks to be 13-20 maps planned, altogether.

Edited by VincentASM

Since this topic keeps popping up, here are the translated unreleased DLC for those curious:

Treasure of the Ruins

Duelist Museum

Paradise Scramble

Encounter with Awakening

Is "The Invisible History" the DLC path or something else?

Also, "Battle for the Strongest Royal" sounds amazing! It'll probably be very silly.

Treasure of the Ruins

Duelist Museum

Paradise Scramble

Encounter with Awakening

Battle for the Strongest Royal? Does anyone else think that it's going to end up like the DLC in Awakening where you fight previous lords? Let's pray for redone artwork.

And it seems like Awakening is the only previous game chosen for DLC. Why.

Is "The Invisible History" the DLC path or something else?

Also, "Battle for the Strongest Royal" sounds amazing! It'll probably be very silly.

Nah, it seems to be an isolated experience.

It probably fills in some gaps in the 3rd route, possibly taking place before the game occurs. Hence the "history".

It probably fills in some gaps in the 3rd route, possibly taking place before the game occurs. Hence the "history".

That is...incredibly unnerving since the story is so fragmented already.

I'm sorry to be a bother, but you know the story of the third path, correct? I would like to ask you without any spoilers if you think it's 'complete'?

That is...incredibly unnerving since the story is so fragmented already.

I'm sorry to be a bother, but you know the story of the third path, correct? I would like to ask you without any spoilers if you think it's 'complete'?

Aha, it's true that I've spoiled a lot for myself, but I don't really want to check the endings for any of the routes right now, because I don't want to spoil everything XD

From what IS have hinted and the general feeling I got (note: I've only read bits of the dialogue files, mainly about Azura's background and a *bit* of the ending)...

The 3rd path does seem to answer most of the hot questions and tie up everything nicely.

After all, you finally unite Hoshido and Nohr and confront the mastermind behind everything.

But every game in the series has (ancient) history that isn't really delved into much. I think there's probably more to learn about the origin of Fates's world and the Invisible Kingdom that doesn't really need to be told in the story.

I'm probably gonna hate myself for this guess, but the "Invisible History" title reminds me of the penultimate chapter in Binding Blade when Jahn explains the history of the Manaketes. None of that history was really required for the story, but it's nice to know.

Edited by VincentASM

Aha, it's true that I've spoiled a lot for myself, but I don't really want to check the endings for any of the routes right now, because I don't want to spoil everything XD

From what IS have hinted and the general feeling I got (note: I've only read bits of the dialogue files, mainly about Azura's background and a *bit* of the ending)...

The 3rd path does seem to answer most of the hot questions and tie up everything nicely.

After all, you finally unite Hoshido and Nohr and confront the mastermind behind everything.

But every game in the series has (ancient) history that isn't really delved into much. I think there's probably more to learn about the origin of Fates's world and the Invisible Kingdom that doesn't really need to be told in the story.

I'm probably gonna hate myself for this guess, but the "Invisible History" title reminds me of the penultimate chapter in Binding Blade when Jahn explains the history of the Manaketes. None of that history was really required for the story, but it's nice to know.

Ah, I see, thank you so much for telling me that, I appreciate it. If that's the case, then I find it acceptable, since I planned on buying all the versions anyway.

I will be very disappointed if it isn't unique for each Route as each Route has varying degrees of info.

It will be lazy if that DLC assumes that you played the Third Route or are using a Third Route to play as it.

Treasure of the Ruins

Duelist Museum

Paradise Scramble

Encounter with Awakening

Is encounter with Awakening the one we saw leaked, or a separate one? And if it looks like we have 13-20, what is the full list?

I don't even have the game, but I'm already excited about the DLC!

I love the idea of another Summer Scramble, Awakening's was so good. A winter one would be a lot of fun. Argh! This game strokes my inner fangirl in lots of ways. I think I'd die if they ever did a school-theme (Nohr / Hoshido Academy, anyone?).

Is encounter with Awakening the one we saw leaked, or a separate one? And if it looks like we have 13-20, what is the full list?

Probably, but I don't have those DLC files, so I don't know : P

Eh, it's nothing exciting.

E000 (might be nothing?)

>Known DLC<

E009

E010

E011

E012

E013

予約 "Reserved" x7

Oh yeah, RainThunder posted the icon files for the DLC earlier. It's hard to match them up though.

Edited by VincentASM

• 4 weeks later...

"Only Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick are in this DLC."

"Frederick"

FREDDY BEAR! <3

This is DLC I'm throwing my money at if it's a thing! Well, when the game is released in the west. :P

But they're on your side and there are conversations with them, right? That's good enough for me! :P And I get to see Frederick again at all! I looove Freddy. <3

Edited by Anacybele

"Frederick"

FREDDY BEAR! <3

This is DLC I'm throwing my money at if it's a thing! Well, when the game is released in the west. :P

Isn't the Awakening DLC free?