Do Character Reclasses keep their color scheme?

Deviljho

For example, if I were to reclass Odin into a samurai, would he keep his yellow color scheme or does the game give him a blue-colored model like in Awakening?

As much as I love the color blue, that was the one thing I hated about Awakening.

Don't even get me started on how Gregor lost his color just by promoting into a hero.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For example, if I were to reclass Odin into a samurai, would he keep his yellow color scheme or does the game give him a blue-colored model like in Awakening?

As much as I love the color blue, that was the one thing I hated about Awakening.

Don't even get me started on how Gregor lost his color just by promoting into a hero.

From what I can tell, they usually don't keep their color scheme. :/

Well I don't know about re-classes; but they sure do keep them on promotions: see the uniquely coloured Zophie and Siegbert Paladins in the GameXplain video below.

https://youtu.be/AYHDukKqU-8?t=3m11s

https://youtu.be/AYHDukKqU-8?t=5m28s

I think they keep their color scheme if they promote naturally. Like if you promoted Odin to a sorcerer, he would be wearing yellow clothes.

Thanks guys but I'm specifically talking about reclasses

But yeah its good to see that Gregor problem wont happen again

​Pretty sure Golden Kite Hinoka, War Priestess Sakura, Puppeteer Kagerou, and Blacksmith Rinkah wear generic blue. Gonna extrapolate based on that and assume the palette situation is actually worse than Awakening's, despite the reduced class options; probably just one promotion per character keeps the colour scheme, rather than both.

Edited by Twylis

​Pretty sure Golden Kite Hinoka, War Priestess Sakura, Puppeteer Kagerou, and Blacksmith Rinkah wear generic blue. Gonna extrapolate based on that and assume the palette situation is actually worse than Awakening's, despite the reduced class options; probably just one promotion per character keeps the colour scheme, rather than both.

I'm pretty sure the one promotion per character being unique situation was present in Awakening as well...

Also at least it makes sense for Sakura's War Priestess promotion to be blue because it matches Mikoto's outfit, like how Lissa's sage outfit resembles Emmeryn's outfit.

I miss sprites

I'm pretty sure the one promotion per character being unique situation was present in Awakening as well...

Also at least it makes sense for Sakura's War Priestess promotion to be blue because it matches Mikoto's outfit, like how Lissa's sage outfit resembles Emmeryn's outfit.

This was true for some but not all.

For example Noire could class into a green sniper or a green bow knight

I miss sprites

This was true for some but not all.

For example Noire could class into a green sniper or a green bow knight

Oh, guess I forgot. Probably because I typically only promote my units into one of their base promoted branches, and never touch the other. :P

???

Aside from maybe Rinkah as blacksmith, i'm not seeing it. Kagerou in particular doesn't have a smidgen of blue on her!

​

???

Aside from maybe Rinkah as blacksmith, i'm not seeing it. Kagerou in particular doesn't have a smidgen of blue on her!

​ Navy is a shade of blue. They're certainly not keeping their own colours, at least.

​Think Dark Mage and Sorcerer - the generic palettes are just dark-coloured.

​

​As for Sakura, that ​might be unique in the sense of re-using Mikoto's model a la Lissa's sage outfit, but it seems more likely to me that Mikoto simply wears the default War Priestess outfit given the colours.

​

​

Edited by Twylis

Probably not.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I've done some testing for the Hoshido classes and this is what I found for unique models. I'm not including the special 'generic' units you can capture. All promotions that aren't part of the classes original promotion path change to generic blue (with the exception of Shinonome who gets his father's armor as a True Blade).

[spoiler=True Blade]

Kazahana (pink), Hinata (purple), Ryoma+Shinonome (Red)

[spoiler=Elite Ninja]

Suzukaze (green), Saizo (red), Kagerou (yellow, pink and boobs), Grey (Black and grey, unique model details)

[spoiler=Holy Lancer]

Oboro (orange inner lining and black belt), Shinonome (red inner lining, belt and sleeves)

[spoiler=Exorcist]

Izana (pure white robes)

[spoiler=War Priestess]

Sakura (unique color pallet AND model)

[spoiler=Holy Bowman]

Takumi (different shirt and slightly different color pallet), Setsuna (slightly different color pallet)

[spoiler=Golden Kite Warrior]

Yuugiri (grey)

[spoiler=Falcon Warrior]

Shigeru (lighter color pallet), Hinoka + Matoi (red and orange)

[spoiler=Shura]

Rinka (purple shawl and white pants)

[spoiler=Ninetales]

Nishiki (unique model), Kinu (unique model)

Incomplete Data: Shara, Yukimura, Midoriko, Asama, Tsukuyomi

[spoiler=Classes with no unique pallets]

Basara, Blacksmith, Weapon Master, Great Merchant, White Blood, Puppeteer

Get to work, Nohrians.

Edited by NekoKnight

Odin keeps his yellow palette when he's a Samurai. I don't know if that holds true for when he's a trueblade though.

This is good.

Too bad the legendary Missiletainn isn't in this game, though. It'd work so well with Odin as a Dark Knight.

Odin keeps his yellow palette when he's a Samurai. I don't know if that holds true for when he's a trueblade though.

Yessss!!! I hated him having reclassed without my permission. However, I think fanservice should have been treated elsehow.

Honestly, why couldn't they just pick a single color for each unit that is used when they switch to any other class. While not as cool as keeping their whole color scheme, it would still be better if the game would just use this color instead of blue.

Honestly, why couldn't they just pick a single color for each unit that is used when they switch to any other class. While not as cool as keeping their whole color scheme, it would still be better if the game would just use this color instead of blue.

They could just allow you to use the original outfit instead of the new class model, if you wanted so.

It's kind of a lazy tradition since reclass has been a thing, FE11-14 have all had same color (for the most part) reclass stuff.