Expansion of Classes and Characters (Hacking)

Arden

I have been following this link (http://feuniverse.us/t/repointing-tutorial/584) for trying to repoint/expand, but I have been running into problems. I do not know how to find addresses of the tables (items, characters, classes) and I am wondering if there's a simpler explanation for this tutorial.

By simpler, I mean an actual video showing all of this. English was not my first language, hence I hope to be able to see it being done rather than assume what the article is referring to in some instances. I can do portraits, events, and maps easy, but I wanna expand the data (possibly using free space or just new data at the end of the hex editor).

If no video is available, I would love if pictures of the steps for expansion is available. I understand the calculations fine, but I really need to know how to find the starting addresses for characters, classes, items, etc. Items is: : 0xBE222c if I recall correctly, but what about the others. Any info to know in addition for easier results?

you need to open the actual .nmm file itself in notepad to find that info.

65cvGGr.png

open up notepad and search for the editor in your nightmare folder

zDNVrj9.png

for items, open the folder

1UzEY2j.png

find files that end in .NMM, these are the files you want to open in notepad

QWHt52k.png

here you'll find the number's you're looking for.

Edited by GhastStation

You are the best Ghast! The simplicity is wonderful and easy to understand. That was the one key thing I was missing, so thanks very much!