"Fun" Pairings

But her hair color looks like Frederick's to me... And she's even wearing a similar shade of blue to the color of his armor.

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, that? Even that I can't really see as Frederick being obsessed with Chrom himself, just with having a good relationship with his lord.

I'm not really sure I'd call that a healthy relationship...

I'm not really sure I'd call that a healthy relationship...

Well yeah, I'm not calling it that either. :P Like I said, I don't think Frederick realizes the implications some of his actions could have.

Well yeah, I'm not calling it that either. :P Like I said, I don't think Frederick realizes the implications some of his actions could have.

I think Freddybear is a funny, dorky dude. His interactions with Chrom and other characters (Avatar, Tharja and Vaike during Summer Scramble) is just plain hilarity. Speaking of Summer Scramble.

"I'm afraid my derriere is not worthy" is the best line in the entire game, no contest! XD

Here are my 'fun' pairings:

Chrom X Maribelle (because marrying your sister's best friend is just ASKING for trouble #headcanon)

Vaike X Lissa (because it makes TOO much sense for Owain)

Henry X Tharja (because it makes TOO much sense for Noire)

Virion X Olivia (because it makes TOO much sense for Inigo and she crushes on him by the end of the A-support)

Lon'qu X Cordelia (because Severa looks best with black hair)

Frederick X Sumia (because opposites attract)

Stahl X Sully (poor Stahl, but because Cavaliers)

Ricken X Miriel (because both are mages)

Gaius X Panne (because Panne-knight!)

Kellam X Cherche (because why not?)

Donnel X Nowi (because both are children)

M!Robin X Severa (because reasons)

Children:

Owain X F!Morgan

Brady X Nah

Gerome X Cynthia

Inigo X Noire

Laurent X Lucina

Yarne X Kjelle (poor guy, but she's the only one left)

Chrom/Sumia - A certain alternative leaves a VERY bad taste in my mouth - in more ways than one.

Chrom/Maribelle - She's the only one who can support his sister, and considering how close THEY are... Wynaut?

Edited by Levant Colthearts

A funny support convo and relathionship is Frederick x Maribelle.

Maribelle notices how good of a butler Frederick would be and he keeps trying to teach her the ins and outs and she keeps getting frustrated. I just find it funny how good Frederick is at butler stuff.

I suppose I could post my pairings from my current no galeforce run. Most of them are non optimal.

Chrom x F!Robin - because I skipped out on it my last three playthroughs and wanted to try it out for once.

Gaius x Cordelia - because Gaius automatically goes to Tharja or Sully in a min-max playthrough.

Lon'qu x Cherche - because that support convo tho.

Virion x Olivia - because she obviously is in love with him before the S support.

Henry x Sumia - because there are no other supports I like with Sumia and Henry is Henry

Donnel x Sully - because I had used Stahl in the last three playthroughs and wanted to give Sully time to shine.

Inigo x Lucina - because I just really like Inigo and Lucina as a couple

M!Morgan x Severa - mostly because Cordelia can't be married to Chrom but she can still be related to him, also Morgan and Severa go good together as well (and tear through the battlefield).

Maribelle notices how good of a butler Frederick would be and he keeps trying to teach her the ins and outs and she keeps getting frustrated. I just find it funny how good Frederick is at butler stuff.

Yeah, I couldn't stop laughing when I got these supports. And it's almost hilarious when you consider Brady's speaking habits and the way these two talk XD

Oh yeah, I forgot about the kids.

Lucina/Inigo: Another support that downplays the characters' quirks in favor of their more believable and endearing traits.

Owain/Severa: Every great hero of justice needs a sarcastic, tsundere girlfriend to slow him down. Reminds me a lot of Shirou and Rin from Fate/Stay Night (make it Gaius!Owain and Lon'qu or Kellam!Severa for added effect). The S Support is what really sells it for me.

Cynthia/Gerome: Pair the fliers. And Gerome definitely needs someone perky like Cynthia to keep him from going off the deep end of emo.

Yarne/F!Morgan: I don't like Yarne, so as far as I'm concerned my sadistic little girl can have him as her torture subject/plaything.

Other pairs for kids, not OTP but still good.

Lucina/M!Morgan: This is what Chrom/F!Robin should have been. The most adorable. I rank it below Lucina/Inigo because of the underwhelming S Support.

Owain/Noire: A support that shows the positives of Owain's quirks, and Noire needs a white knight hero to protect her.

Inigo/F!Morgan: F!Morgan is so dastardly it's amazing.

Inigo/Cynthia: There are several supports that have Inigo getting upstaged in his attempts at wooing girls, but the fact that in this one it's Cynthia upstaging him is hilarious.

Oh man, and then Frederick is all "I'M NOT A STEWARD!!" lol XD

That one is pretty funny. I can't say I like Maribelle or Lissa for Fred's wife though, that age gap. >_<

I haven't done any pairings for the sake of stats, because egh :D

Some OTPs:

Frederick x Panne (poor Frederick is scared of animals lol)

Vaike x Lissa (it kinda would explain Owain's character)

Kellam x Miriel (I didn't like both at the beginning but their support is hilarious)

Lon'qu x Olivia (they're both so shy)

Libra x Sully (they're basically the opposite of each other)

Lucina x Laurent

Severa x Brady

I've just finished pairing M!MU x Lucina and Frederick x Lissa. IMO they are both cute couples due to the former being two of the main characters hitting it off (like F!MU x Chrom from my first playthrough) and the latter being similar to a butler x princess relationship, but with the butler being replaced by her personal bodyguard. IDK I just think its cute AF :)

All of my playthroughs have my fun pairings. Even in lunatic/classic. They are:

FrederickxLissa, the most serious man in the army and miss fun and pranks.

DonnelxSully, they're so darn cute together!

VirionxOlivia, Inigo just Inigo...plus Virion is so sweet and caring in their supports.

StahlxCordelia, sir scatterbrain and miss perfection!

VaikexCherche, they're so badass their son is Wyvernman!

RickenxNowi, the shota and loli must marry!

GaiusxPanne, let's say they play a lot of Panne knight.

GregorxTharja, it just happened now they're my OTP.

LibraxMarribelle, Libra just looks like the only man able to handle her and Brady plus they have Brady wich is super funny.

HenryxSumia, best Sumiaxhusband supports plus white haired Cynthia.

KellamxF!Avatar, FE's best husbando!

I think I did the eugenics thing with most of the kids so much initially that I became attached to a lot of the min/max pairings. Nowadays though the only thing that stays constant is M!Avatar x Tharja. Lets see here:

Libra x Lissa (One word: Odin)

Frederick x Cherche (C'mon. They were made for each other. Also makes the most sense for Gerome's backstory)

Chrom x Olivia (I loved the idea of Chrom being so entranced by the booty that he straight up marries Olivia within days of meeting her.)

Gaius x Nowi (Read that support. Tell me that isn't canon.)

Gregor x Miriel (I adore Miriel and I never liked Gregor. But this support was great in every way. It was almost as if Miriel actually had some character development.)

Gerome x Nah (One of the more believable s ranks. Also a little bit similar to Nowi's with Gaius.)

Lucina x Laurent (Really Lucina seemed to me like she'd be too much for most of the guys to handle. However, Laurent is the perfect person to balance Lucina out.)

Severa x Brady (They literally start a tsundere club where they are the only members.)

Owain x Morgan (Spill your breast unto me!)

Inigo x Noire (Tharja would be so proud)

Edited by Hempmeister69

...Wasn't Lon'qu actually Lissa's bodyguard?

Lon'qu was given to Ylisse by the Regna Ferox in order to help in the war versus Plegia. Frederick was Chrom and Lissa's bodyguard.

Lon'qu was given to Ylisse by the Regna Ferox in order to help in the war versus Plegia. Frederick was Chrom and Lissa's bodyguard.

I clearly remember Chrom asking Lon'qu to be Lissa's bodyguard though.

I clearly remember Chrom asking Lon'qu to be Lissa's bodyguard though.

Yeah that does happen after chapter 5 in the post chapter dialogue when Lissa approaches him and he tells her to back away and all.

No it doesn't. Lon'qu doesn't appear at all after Cht.5, and after Cht.4 he merely says "He gives the orders, I stab things" after encountering Lissa.

Lon'qu definitely is her bodyguard in their supports, though.

• 4 years later...

my best couples in awakening were Chrom X Robin, Lissa X Lon'qu, and Henry X Olivia

but my absolute favorite is Henry X Olivia! it's kind of rare i fall in love with a pair from their C support, but Henry and Olivia have excellent chemistry. i also love Henry as Inigo's dad. highly recommend you check it out if you haven't supported them yet!

i've been wanting to replay awakening recently, so i think i'll try out the 'canon' parings this time. apparently everybody really likes Chrom X Sumia but i've even C supported them before..!

Edited by fizzytastic
(typo!! oops)