Are there bad endings in this game?

Taka-kun

Really, are there endings where just everything goes wrong? Like the evil guys win or Kamui dies horribly and that's it?

Don't spoil on what it is, I just want to know if there are endings where you just go: "Well ****!"

.. Possibly..? But you probably have to (Purposefully) kill off an agonizing number of allies in Fire Emblem; which for many of us is extremely rare (because casual/Insta-reset on classic if a unit is lost).

Both Hoshido's and Nohr's endings are neither good or bad as they are bittersweet. They purposefully leave something to be desired so the player gets the Third Route which has a everyone-lives-and-is-happy ending. Or at least, that's the impression I got.

Edited by Sanguis

Both Hoshido's and Nohr's endings are neither good or bad as they are bittersweet. They purposefully leave something to be desired so the player gets the Third Route which has a everyone-lives-and-is-happy ending. Or at least, that's the impression I got.

how do I delete a double post?? @_@

Edited by Sanguis

Eh well, I will not read the spoilers, since, uh, I said I didn't want spoilers so no idea if my question is answered.

.. Possibly..? But you probably have to (Purposefully) kill off an agonizing number of allies in Fire Emblem; which for many of us is extremely rare (because casual/Insta-reset on classic if a unit is lost).

Yeah, but I mean in storywise. Like, if you didn't pursue Gantz in a chapter and kill him off, in the endgame chapter, he will appear and catch Kamui in a trap, killing him. Credits roll!

Eh well, I will not read the spoilers, since, uh, I said I didn't want spoilers so no idea if my question is answered.

Yeah, but I mean in storywise. Like, if you didn't pursue Gantz in a chapter and kill him off, in the endgame chapter, he will appear and catch Kamui in a trap, killing him. Credits roll!

So far there is no evidence of a bad ending like that.

There seem to be some optional events that can be avoided under some conditions, but that doesn't apply to the endings themselves.

Edited by NeonZ

Not everyone...

Yes. If you're not careful, you can end up with a School Day's ending.

Choose your waifus wisely.

I cracked up on this... then I felt bitter remembering School Days because that thing made me rage.

Actually there are no bad endings as I read that almost everyone can be saved if the right requirements are made.

Go under the assumption the OP is deliberately trying to get the worst ending possible..

This seems to be "fire emblem - game of thrones". Just when you get a favourite character, it gets killed off.

And there is incest as well. I doubt they can top the season 5 finale of GoT though...

Actually there are no bad endings as I read that almost everyone can be saved if the right requirements are made.

... see now this goes against what I heard that in every route (even the 3rd one) that someone gets nixed.

I am hoping you are right as I would like there to be one side/route where you can have and recruit everyone, but I can see that not being the case to fit the feel of older FE games.

Having read aqua's supports on the third path, the ending to the game is a happy one, but it is brutal and emotional journey (the reason the Third path is released Later is because it loses a lot of meaning if you haven't played the other paths, even if it is the "golden route") It's not game of thrones where anyone can die willy nilly (though the game can be just as creepy as game of thrones at times) but death via plot is impactful in this game when it does happen.

Having read aqua's supports on the third path, the ending to the game is a happy one, but it is brutal and emotional journey (the reason the Third path is released Later is because it loses a lot of meaning if you haven't played the other paths, even if it is the "golden route") It's not game of thrones where anyone can die willy nilly (though the game can be just as creepy as game of thrones at times) but death via plot is impactful in this game when it does happen.

Can you tell me where to find Azura's supports on the third route?

Man I would love an FE that had a true bad ending. Or one where you become the villain. I have this thing I love playing as a villain.

I would rather love where you as the main protagonist is punished for doing the right thing, kinda like Sigurd back in FE4. Or perhaps being more pragmatic and brutal in approach, like executing prisoners, yet still for a good goal. Like you can opt for in the Mass Effect series.