God tier characters, both routes

Baronriggs

I'm getting the games within a week, and i was wondering what units have stood out as amazing. (Other than Corrin, obviously.) I missed most of the streams, so I'm relatively in the dark, though I've heard your flying sisters are excellent.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gunter is the best

In all seriousness though it depends on what version your playing.

In Norh Leon has pretty good bases for a pre promote and pretty good growths to back it up and he starts at level 1. So he might be god teir.
Elfie has ridiculous growth rates for a knight all being over 50% baring magic and resistance being at 0 and 30% respectively and she joins you literally the chapter after you pick norh.

In hoshido both of the base Pegasus warriors are good with hinoka being better overall than sukubi. I'm not to sure about the other promoted pegusses knight though.
Kagarou (the female ninja) has ridiculous strength, speed and resistance growths. Shes pretty much a mage killer/glass cannon type unit. The rest of her growths are meh but her promotion which basically gives her a pupet that acts like a horse is pretty good.

There are probably many other god teir units I'm missing but those are the ones that stick out to me. Not to mention because the game only just came out there are probably some under rated units that people have not tried out yet

For Hoshido, Ryouma is absolutely nuts, often even better than Corrin. Takumi is also very powerful despite his lack of melee as an archer. Oboro is pretty great all-around.

For Hoshido, Ryouma is insane and Takumi has absurd damage thanks to a combination of high str and a powerful personal weapon.

Oboro and Hinoka are also very solid, and I've had a lot of luck with Saizo

That's Nohr Corrin and he only gets the pssassives of his supporter.

That's incorrect.He can only active battle skill(Luna,Astra,Counter...).I know Japanese.I put those skills on Support character and they still active.

You can get the skill on Hoshido route via Street pass.

Edited by someone

As far as amazing growths go (I don't know the character's bases too well), but here's a list of all their growths, keeping classes into account: http://imgur.com/5QwvrNN

All the royals and Kamui seem ver powerful. Outside of that, I'd say Asama and Effie are definitely going to be highly valued. Azura seems like quite the damaging dodge tank, as does Charlotte, so I'd recommend them as well.

From what I saw in the growths topic awhile ago I imagine Kinu and by default Nishiki are good on the Hoshido route. Both of them seem like amazing dodge tanks which mean they don't need to pair up nearly as much and they can double pretty much anything.

Wait, Hinata only has a 35% spd growth? What kind of samurai is he?

Yeah from the few streams I've seen Hinata does not look impressive at all.

Haven't seen any Setsunas being used either. D:

Well Takumi outclasses Setsuna by a fair margin. Setsuna can still be a decent/good archer though, though it may have just been lucky stat ups

Hoshido is full of glass cannon ish characters anyway.

Both of them, Takumi especially, murder flying units, though whether you face that many is another thing.

Archers are quite interesting in this game anyway.

More on topic, contributions for the Hoshido/3rd side

Also some speculation for the 3rd Route, I'd guess that Hana joins you pretty early as well, because Sakura also joins you pretty early

In any case, Hana is basically a killing machine in the melee but she's not going to have much luck dodging with a neutral/disadvantaged weapon triangle, dodging is kinda nerfed, so to speak

Kagerou, though she is a little late I believe, is basically a killing machine at Range 1 and 2. Might have something to do with the fact that you can easily? farm money to buy Silvers in Hoshido

Kamui/Corrin is basically a killing machine, with Dragonstone, etc. As long as the stats go up you can hardly go wrong. Of course, the stats are somewhat overly balanced, but that's for that.

Mozume is basically going to ram all her stat caps, but she'll need effort and time, etc. Depends.

Most of the other characters are fairly balanced for themselves

Continuing on for Hoshido, Crimson, Ryoma, are both cleanly capable of helping once they join, and their growths are not to be trifled with.

Nishiki as well, though he doesn't have ranged options.

For Nohr, Effie is ridiculously overpowered, walling pretty much everything and smashing everything in two hits. Shame she starts with low base speed, her reclass is rubbish (Rod Knight seriously?). Otherwise Effie is really good.

From what I can tell, Zero has ridiculous speed, so as long as he gets good strength, he can snipe things pretty well

Camilla is pretty strong, though her magic is a little lacking.

Leo is all sorts of overpowered, though his defense is a little lacking.

Flannel is broken, super strong. And yes, his daughter is equally strong

Finally, Xander, tank, 1-2 Range, high power. His only flaw is that his speed is rather unsatisfactory

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

I'm using Setsuna on my main team still... But she's my worst member.

Some stat comparisons:

Setsuna Level 6 sniper

31 HP

17 Str

0 Mag

24 Skill

30 Speed (second highest)

14 Luck

14 Def

10 Res

Mitama (Asama and Setsuna's daughter) level 7 Miko

34 HP

19 Str

20 Mag

20 Skill

31 Speed (Higher than Nishiki or his daughter and Kagerou)

26 Luck

12 Def

23 Res

So she's better in all relevant things AND she can heal on top of use the same bows as Setsuna. From what I can see childrens are not really better than the parents in this game (they don't join underlevelled though).

But here's a comparison with another 1st gen unit just to illustrate.

Oboro Level 5 Holy Lancer

32 HP

25 Str

3 Mag

20 Skill

22 Speed

23 Luck

23 Def

13 Res

Edited by Ayra

While she's most certainly not both route specific (we're not sure if she can even be recruited in the third route) Flora is incredibly strong.

On top of being one of the 3 class units, her personal skill is extremely powerful, effectively being a counter that works against anything (including magic) and a -3 SKL/-3 SPD debuff to enemies in one.

She's effective on her own, but married to a Kamui with the right classes, she'd be a monster.

because it is not an archetype or anything for fire emblem to have an axe wielder with higher speed (and other stats) than str.... Wait a minute...

Plus muscles doesn't equal high strength/hp growth.

Edited by goodperson707

Having watched some Lunatic Nohr gameplay:

-Effie is very good early on and stays useful, but she can't tank forever. When enemies gang up on her, she can go down pretty fast. That no-doubling General skill doesn't go well with her stats too.

-Zero can get screwed in strength, and he is physically squishy, but he has mage-killing potential, and one-shotting pegasi always comes handy, plus ballistas and Lockpick utility. His personal skill is a bit iffy, due to enemies not being the powerhouses of Lunatic Awakening.

-Elise is great in her support role, but she requires a lot of attention. She may get one-shotted easily. Her personal skill, albeit good, requires her to be close to the frontlines to be useful, which is a bit risky.

And, of course, the three royal prepromotes seem to be the best units on this side:

-Camilla joins pretty early, she has good bases, some of the best growths in the game, flying utility, she can hit Res with unnerfed 1-2 range (mediocre Mag, a couple of boosters wouldn't hurt, Nyx won't need them and Odin is... weird). The skills she learns seem really good too. The only problem is trying to not sponge too much XP at first, although in Lunatic you are pretty much forced to use her often. Feeding her early boss kills should be cost-efficient, like in past FEs, I think. Her personal skill is good, makes a nice combination with Kamui's personal.

-Leo is very similar to Camilla, but without flying, and a Prf weapon. He joins a bit later but has amazing growths. His personal skills is good too, makes a great combination with Xander, or alternatively, he can make it work after Camilla Deadly Breathes a clump of enemies. He learns Lifetaker too.

-Xander is a mobile tank, and his Prf weapon is fantastic. His personal skill is one of the best in my opinion, and as I said, he makes a good team with Leo. My only fear is that he may get Spd screwed, and I wonder if later when more powerful weapons and forging come into play, he may lose a bit of the edge that Siegfried gives him, as it is relatively weak (11 Mt).

But as I said, these are just observations from watching streams, so I'm sure I missed some things.