Do you ship for love or for stats?

MajorMajora

264 members have voted

1. 1. For what reason do you ship?

• I want my units to be happy
    • Eugenics, baby

I always ship for love first. The only time I ship for stats is when the couple I happened to ship ends up giving their kid all the right stats and skills that I just never tear them apart in subsequent playthroughs, or there's a second-gen character I wanna marry, so I get her the best dad so she can live up to my standards.

Examples:

1. I thought Lissa and Donnel made a really cute couple. A princess getting together with a lowly farmer. It's like a fairy tale! When I got Owain, I realized that I loved giving him names for his weapons because he does too, and having Armsthrift all the time lets him keep those special weapons. So, I never separated Lissa and Donnel after that (except the time when I married her).

2. I REALLY wanted to marry Noire in my last playthrough of Awakening, based purely on love, but I wanted my girl to have Galeforce, so I paired Tharja with Gaius just for that. All my previous wives had galeforce, so I was kinda spoiled with it.

I always decide who I want to pair up based on love first, with stats coming later.

Edited by Giga Man

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Urgh, I'm a sucker for love/looks. Awakening was based on hair colors and who had the best supports. I didn't even know about the stats on my original play through, and even once I did, I didn't care that much (maybe a little).

But really I think supports. I really loved Cordelia and Ricken's supports as well as Cordelia/Gregor (and Severa got red hair on both!), so I couldn't force myself to pair her with anyone else!

I'm gonna do the same for this game. Love first. And if I'm torn between TWO great supports, I'll go with the person with the best stats. XD

Marriage is just a Mechanic to me, Though when it comes to 2nd gen(This includes FE4) I tend to pair the kids up with who I think goes well together cause it really doesn't effect the gameplay that much(I mean theres support stuff butyaknowwhatImean)

In this game I heard that a lot of pairing is weird so maybe we'll be only pairing for skills this time around.(I worded that first part badly but I was told two speedy parents were put together and the child had shitty speed so...)

I REALLY want to do M!KamuixAzura as well as F!KamuixOdin So I hope those pairs are good.

Both in a way.

With awakinging I played Magic based and ended up marrying Henry. Morgan was a beast with magic.

I also married Tharja and Libra to each other and due to RGN both Libra and Noire's strength was sub par and I class changed them both to Sages. Where they killed on the field. So I married the couples off due to their supports and my enjoyment of them but tried to keep with in a limitation of certain stats.

Like I would try not to marry a charater who used their Strength stat while practically ignoring their magic stat to a character who was magic based.

My first playthrough of Awakening I put people together based on if they looked cute together, I had no idea what the kids even looked like or what classes they started with, same with Fates (for the most part, I know what some of them look like at least, I'm trying hard to avoid those).

Second playthrough of Awakening though it was to fill the Support log and try to make the best kid unit I could make with the people I just paired up (basically which skills I liked best and passed those down). I really liked doing that since it made me use characters I didn't use before (like Maribelle, good lord is she fantastic!)

So basically I'll go for love the first run through for Fates, then eugenics/love next playthrough.

I ship my party for stats, but I will generally avoid shipping kids with adults or shipping just to optimize children.

As for Kamui... I married Shigure because I fell in love with his design.

By now I've probably touched him more than real people

Edited by gayserbeam