[FE8] How to allow "unpromotable" classes to promote?

Reflectivity

So, I'm in a situation where I want a Dancer to promote. I have her promotion path set up in nightmare [hero and great knight], but for whatever reason when I try to use the master seal on her the game will not allow me....

Help me, please?

my nightmare on this computer is not working, so I can't literally see for myself on what you're supposed to change in the editor. BUT

if you open nightmare, go to your nightmare editors, go to Item Editor, then click on Promotion Item (or something), open that folder, then go to heaven seal promotion editor. You should be able to do what you're trying to do.

Edited by GhastStation

my nightmare on this computer is not working, so I can't literally see for myself on what you're supposed to change in the editor. BUT

if you open nightmare, go to your nightmare editors, go to Item Editor, then click on Promotion Item (or something), open that folder, then go to heaven seal promotion editor. You should be able to do what you're trying to do.

Thank you for the reply, but I only get this screen?

NEUlRHc.png

Thank you for the reply, but I only get this screen?

NEUlRHc.png

you open a hex editor, you go to the promotion pointer you see there (8ADF96) and you replace one of the unused classes (like 10, the female mercenary) with 4D, which is the dancer.

ninja'd!

but yes. what alfy said

alternatively:

You can also go into free space for example like D00000, add '4D 00' in hex there, then go into that promotion editor and change it to 0x8D00000.

basically what you're doing in that situation is telling the game what class to actually work the heaven seal. Right now, the game finds classes (in the form of pointers, like 0x4D for the dancer, or 0x01 for ephraim lord i presume) at 8ADF96.

if you change that pointer, you tell the game 'hey, instead of finding classes at 8ADF96 to promote with the heaven seal, look at 8D00000 instead.

I think that's correct? I haven't touched fe8 or its pointers ever but this what you'd do if you wanted to change weapon effectiveness.

Edited by GhastStation

Alternatively, what you can do is open the Promotion Pointer Editor, use one of the offsets listed in the table, and list all of the classes you plan on allowing to promote (Adding the class you want to promote), then repoint the offset of the used promotion list to the one you edited in Nightmare. Just as easy, without using a hex editor for those to stupid to download one xD