Child Character Creation Challenge

So while playing Awakening (and with the information coming from Fates) I found myself thinking: What if the main male Awakening characters had children? What would they look like, and what would their personalities be? Given the huge variety and popularity of the official child characters, there are literally thousands of possibilities as to what they could have been. As a result, I decided to take to the Internet. I thought it would be fun to get the ideas and points of view of other fans, so I took to the internet, and here I am.

Basically, the premise of this thread is the following: once a week (or maybe shorter depending on participation) we'll choose a major male character (excluding Chrom and Male MU for obvious reasons) and come up with concepts, ideas, and maybe even art for what we think their child would be like. Any one who wants to participate is invited to post, and at the end of the week, we'll nominate our favorites and vote for what we think would make the most interesting and realistic character. The winner then gets their character posted on this OP, as well as the choice as to who we'll design the following week.

I am definitely open to modifying that system; perhaps we could do two at a time, or do 4 per month and vote en masse at the end of the month. Either way, I hope this will serve as a fun way to pass the time while we wait for Fates to make its way to the west. Just leave your input below! :)

Here is the suggested format for character concept submissions. Submissions can be as complex or simplistic as you want.

[NAME] - Son/Daughter of [PARENT]

Starting Class - While all child characters in Awakening start in unpromoted/special classes, for the sake of creativity I think promoted classes should be allowed. Also, you can mention any particular strengths and weaknesses in stat caps and growths that they have.

Physical Appearance- use any words, comparisons, or even images for those artistically talented to portray an accurate representation of what you imagine them to look like. Remember, their hair color is determined by their mother.

Backstory- please keep in mind, in canon, most of the male characters die pretty soon in the future, so take this in to account.

Personality - Ideally, tie in their backstory in some way. Probably the most interesting and important part of designing a character.

Miscellaneous - any other additional facts or details that you find necessary, fun, or interesting. Supports, endings, etc.

We'll kick off the challenge with Frederick's child, for no specific reason other than the fact that he's the first recruited unit not to have a child. Whoever receives the most votes will choose where we go from there. Let the entries begin!

(Mine will go up sometime later today)

P.S. Hi

P.P.S. If this is in the wrong forum, or if it's been done before, just let me know. I'm new, so please understand... XD

Hmmmm. . .this could go either way. Unfortunately, the Creative subforum isn't much busier, so I'll leave it here for now. Depending on what direction this thread goes, I might move it there.

No ideas for now, sorry.

Hmmmm. . .this could go either way. Unfortunately, the Creative subforum isn't much busier, so I'll leave it here for now. Depending on what direction this thread goes, I might move it there.No ideas for now, sorry.

Judging by the fact that no one has replied so far except for you, it should probably be moved there. Hopefully a higher percentage of people who view there will end up posting.

Also, here's my entry, as promised;

Otto, son of Frederick (kudos to those of you who get the historical reference)

Starting Class - Villager (lol.) He can be reclassed right away, but his starting stats are pretty horrible. His growth rates are alright, but made great due to aptitude, with extra high categories being luck, skill, speed.

Physical Appearance - Otto inherits Frederick's messy, curly, hair- but unfortunately for him, not much else. In his portraits, his body seems frail, and his posture is slumped. His eyes are much bigger than Frederick's, and his clothing is fairly tattered. His face is always wrinkled with nervousness and concern. However, his most defining feature is his spectacles, which are almost always found crooked.

Backstory- Frederick was killed leading Ylisse's armies when Otto was a young age, but as he grew up, Otto became inspired by stories of Frederick's valor and courage. In his support conversations, it is revealed that the village in which Otto lived was sacked and destroyed while he was still young, traumatizing him and forcing him into a life on the run. While his fighting skills were minimal if not non existent, Otto ended up contributing to the resistance in his own way, becoming an inventor and amateur strategist.

Personality- In stark contrast to his father, Otto has very little confidence and even less fortitude. Despite this, he tries to help in whatever ways he can, and idolizes those with more strength than him. Even though he's brilliant, most of the time he's really absent minded, and doesn't think much of himself. Otto struggles to keep his cool on the battlefield due to a combination of minor poss traumatic stress disorder and just plain fear. He dreams of being a hero, though, and contributing more than just his inventions and tactics, which results in him trying to help there anyways.

Miscellaneous In many of his support conversations, Otto invents things to try to better the lives of his comrades, but most of the time they end up backfiring or malfunctioning. It embarrasses him greatly and ends up in some amusing situations, to say the least.

Edited by MBSNgaming

Judging by the fact that no one has replied so far except for you, it should probably be moved there. Hopefully a higher percentage of people who view there will end up posting.

It's probably less of a traffic issue and more of the fact that this is hardly the first time this topic has come around and everyone who has something to say about it has said it before.

Hopefully someone will prove me wrong, though.

Ooh, I like this idea! I've already created a child for Frederick though, you mind if I use her? I'm not really interested in doing kids for any other male parents though...

Antoinette, daughter of Frederick (Annie for short)

Starting Class: Troubadour. Annie decided to use this class because she inherited her father's horse and she loves to ride. But at the same time, she doesn't really like fighting. So she became a mounted healer. Her reclass options are Cavalier, Wyvern Rider (both from Frederick), Pegasus knight (in place of Frederick's Knight class since Annie prefers being mounted), and her mother's classes.

Physical Appearance:

fire_emblem__awakening_oc___antoinette_b

Backstory: Antoinette grew up desiring to succeed her father and become the next primary retainer for Ylisse's royalty, namely Lucina and her sibling. She also became good friends with them and looked up to her own older sibling. She greatly admires her father, but keeps this a secret due to her also disliking his overprotective and doting nature. Even so, she carries a piece of Frederick's armor with her as well as a scarf he made her when she was little. Stitched on the scarf are the words "Daddy's Little Girl." She originally traveled to the past along with Lucina while disguised as a mercenary, but they were separated along the way by mistake. Chrom and co. find her running from bandits in an attempt to keep them from stealing and selling her horse.

Personality: Antoinette is kind of like a female Inigo and likes to admire guys she finds attractive. And she hopes that they find her cute in return. In fact, she loves being called cute no matter who says it. She also loves riding horses and begged Frederick to teach her to ride the moment she was big/old enough. Like her father, she's very sophisticated and rather serious with her duties, but unlike him, she also likes to relax once in awhile. She also likes brushing and styling her hair, particularly with bows. She brushes her horse a lot too. And much like Frederick, she's a neat freak and can't stand it if something is the least bit dirty.

Miscellaneous: Have the quotes I've made for her! :) (note though, that I had characterized her horse as a stallion before I knew Frederick actually rode a mare. Well, I think I DID know, I just forgot entirely)

Roster

Frederick's daughter from the future and closest retainer to Lucina. She's a free-spirited girl that would rather admire handsome young men than train, but she's every bit as sophisticated and devoted as her father. Loves horses and riding the most. Born on May 12th.

Event Tile

- "Ugh, who left this dirty thing lying around? People really should be neater than that." (item)
- "I just finished brushing Sir Kieran AND my hair in record time! I must keep a good image to impress the boys." (exp)
- "I got in some extra practice. As Father taught me, a retainer must always stay sharp to keep everyone safe." (weapon exp)

Relationship Tile

Asking

- "Oh, you seem happy! Did someone cute and charming flirt with you?" (happy)
- "Wow, you've been working really hard! Trying to make a big dream come true?" (dreams)
- "Hey, I noticed how you do so well in the midst of battle! May I team up with you? I might learn a thing or two." (team up)
- "So, I notice you disappear once in awhile between battles. What are you doing all that time?" (free time)

Replying

- "Oh, no, I was taking Sir Kieran for a nice ride and a boy said I looked cute riding him!" (happy)
- "My biggest dream? I want to find a handsome and charming boy that will love both me and Sir Kieran!" (dreams)
- "Well, one thing I do agree with my father on is that teamwork is very important, so I'd be happy to partner with you!" (team up)
- "Ah, I take Sir Kieran out for gentle rides and exercise and groom his lovely coat and hair. And I find cute boys!" (free time)

Asking - Frederick

- "Father, could we train a little? I don't feel I'm as skilled as you yet." (train)
- "Father, are you okay? You look like you've had some rough battles." (concern)
- "Father, if there's anything you need, tell me! You're family and I do need to be good with service." (gift)
- "Father, you've asked me about my time, but I want to know more about you! I only know so much!" (story)

Replying - Frederick

- "Oh, of course, Father! There's so much I want to learn from you!" (train)
- "I'm just fine, you don't need to baby me, Father. Sir Kieran is happy too. Right, Sir Kieran?" (concern)
- "I think I can make do with what I have, Father, but thank you!" (gift)
- "Well, I did my best to carry on your legacy and honor both you and Mother. But I don't know if I'll ever really be worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as you two..." (story)

Asking - Mother

- "Mother, let's train together! We never did get to do it much in the future since I was working with Father so often..." (train)
- "Mother, are you feeling alright? If anything's wrong, I can go get Father and we'll help you!" (concern)
- "Mother, is there anything I can get you? Sir Kieran and I can get it quickly!" (gift)
- "Mother, can you...tell me about yourself? I'm afraid I don't know a lot..." (story)

Replying - Mother

- "Train with you, Mother? I'd be honored! That opportunity was rather rare before." (train)
- "Oh, thank you, Mother, but I've never felt better! And I'm sure Father would be at my side in a second if I wasn't." (concern)
- "Mother, you're so kind. I don't need anything now, but I'll be sure to let you know if I do." (gift)
- "Truth be told, I don't remember as much about you as I do Father, but I'll never forget how strong the love between you two was. I really want a bond like that with my own future husband." (story)

Asking - Married
- "You look so cute and handsome as ever, (name)! I'm so in love with you that I can't put it to words!" (love)
- "Oh, (name), you are just so wonderful, handsome, and charming. I'm glad I found the right man to be my hubby-wubby!" (compliment)
- "Hey, what do you have there, dear? Hee hee...are you hiding something from me?" (gift)
- "(Name), please don't go too far from me! I want you to always be near so I can keep you safe!" (promise)

Replying - Married

- "Daww, my heart races when you say it that way. I love you dearly too!" (love)
- "Hee hee, you are so very sweet, (name). You are looking even more handsome than yesterday yourself!" (compliment)
- "Aw horsetails! I wanted to surprise you with this bow tie. Wouldn't you look simply dashing in it?" (gift)
- "Aw, you're really that worried about me? Of course I'll stay by your side. I wouldn't ever consider otherwise!" (promise)

Level Up

- "Wow, at this rate, I could outdo even Father!" (6+ stats up)
- "I'm doing great! I just need to keep it up." (4-5 stats up)
- "Ah, well, a slow and steady road is the key." (2-3 stats up)
- "Ugh, Father would be most displeased with me..." (0-1 stat up)
- "I guess I've learned pretty much everything I could here." (0-1 stat up, most capped)

Class Change

- "Ooh, not bad at all! Boys might find me even cuter now!"

Armory

- "Oh, you're shopping for me? I'm so excited!" (buying)
- "Argh! Do I really have something useless?" (selling)
- "Ah, the keener a weapon, the better it can be!" (forging)

Barracks

Alone

- "Wow, for some reason, I feel really pumped up right now!" (surge)
- "I ought to get in some knitting practice sometime soon. It's kinda fun, but I'm still not as good at it as Father is." (misc)

Greetings

"Ah, good morning, Avatar! Need a push to get the day started?" (morning)
"Hey, Avatar! Deciding to rest up?" (afternoon)
"Good evening, Avatar. Are you about to turn in?" (evening)
"Oh, Avatar, you might want to get some sleep. It's quite late." (night)
"A very happy birthday, Avatar!" (Avatar's birthday)

Battle

Support Boost

- "Careful now!"
- "Let's go!"
- "No one will harm you!"
- "My strength is yours!"
- "Victory shall be ours."
- "Believe in yourself!"
- "Hold on there."
- "Have no fear!"
- "I'm here for you."
- "No carelessness, you hear?"

Dual Strike

- "May I?"
- "I'll take this!"
- "And one from me!"
- "It's my turn now!"
- "Once again!"

Dual Guard

- "Not as long as I still breathe."
- "Nice try."
- "I don't think so!"

Defeated Enemy

- "Ha, so predictable!"
- "Ladies finish fights, not start them!"
- "Oh poo on you."
- "There now."
- "Phew..."

Partner Defeated Enemy

- "Wow, impressive!"
- "Now that's teamwork!"
- "Thanks so much!"

Critical

- "Your filthy arse is history."
- "You've messed with the wrong girl!"
- "Farewell, fool!"
- "May no god have mercy on you!"

Defeated By Enemy

- "Ugh...Father..."

Death/Retreat

- "Ugh! Sir Kieran! Run away...quickly... Don't let them...get you... Please survive..." (paralogue)
- "No! Why...? Why now...? Daddy...please...forgive me... I will always...be your...little girl." (classic)
- "Ugh, gods! I can't believe this wound has made me useless! I apologize, but I must retreat!" (casual)

Confession to Avatar

- "Out of all the boys that I've met...you've charmed me the most. And Sir Kieran loves you too!"

Edited by Anacybele

I don't think you can even get every single mounted class on a non-Morgan/Avatar character even with inheritance in the picture (Fred!Severa, Maribelle!Lucina and Donnel!Kjelle come closest, but are all missing one).

Miscellaneous: Have the quotes I've made for her! :) (note though, that I had characterized her horse as a stallion before I knew Frederick actually rode a mare. Well, I think I DID know, I just forgot entirely)

RosterFrederick's daughter from the future and closest retainer to Lucina. She's a free-spirited girl that would rather admire handsome young men than train, but she's every bit as sophisticated and devoted as her father. Loves horses and riding the most. Born on May 12th.Event Tile

- "Ugh, who left this dirty thing lying around? People really should be neater than that." (item)

- "I just finished brushing Sir Kieran AND my hair in record time! I must keep a good image to impress the boys." (exp)

- "I got in some extra practice. As Father taught me, a retainer must always stay sharp to keep everyone safe." (weapon exp)Relationship Tile

Asking

- "Oh, you seem happy! Did someone cute and charming flirt with you?" (happy)

- "Wow, you've been working really hard! Trying to make a big dream come true?" (dreams)

- "Hey, I noticed how you do so well in the midst of battle! May I team up with you? I might learn a thing or two." (team up)

- "So, I notice you disappear once in awhile between battles. What are you doing all that time?" (free time)

Replying

- "Oh, no, I was taking Sir Kieran for a nice ride and a boy said I looked cute riding him!" (happy)

- "My biggest dream? I want to find a handsome and charming boy that will love both me and Sir Kieran!" (dreams)

- "Well, one thing I do agree with my father on is that teamwork is very important, so I'd be happy to partner with you!" (team up)

- "Ah, I take Sir Kieran out for gentle rides and exercise and groom his lovely coat and hair. And I find cute boys!" (free time)

Asking - Frederick

- "Father, could we train a little? I don't feel I'm as skilled as you yet." (train)

- "Father, are you okay? You look like you've had some rough battles." (concern)

- "Father, if there's anything you need, tell me! You're family and I do need to be good with service." (gift)

- "Father, you've asked me about my time, but I want to know more about you! I only know so much!" (story)

Replying - Frederick

- "Oh, of course, Father! There's so much I want to learn from you!" (train)

- "I'm just fine, you don't need to baby me, Father. Sir Kieran is happy too. Right, Sir Kieran?" (concern)

- "I think I can make do with what I have, Father, but thank you!" (gift)

- "Well, I did my best to carry on your legacy and honor both you and Mother. But I don't know if I'll ever really be worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as you two..." (story)

Asking - Mother

- "Mother, let's train together! We never did get to do it much in the future since I was working with Father so often..." (train)

- "Mother, are you feeling alright? If anything's wrong, I can go get Father and we'll help you!" (concern)

- "Mother, is there anything I can get you? Sir Kieran and I can get it quickly!" (gift)

- "Mother, can you...tell me about yourself? I'm afraid I don't know a lot..." (story)

Replying - Mother

- "Train with you, Mother? I'd be honored! That opportunity was rather rare before." (train)

- "Oh, thank you, Mother, but I've never felt better! And I'm sure Father would be at my side in a second if I wasn't." (concern)

- "Mother, you're so kind. I don't need anything now, but I'll be sure to let you know if I do." (gift)

- "Truth be told, I don't remember as much about you as I do Father, but I'll never forget how strong the love between you two was. I really want a bond like that with my own future husband." (story)

Asking - Married

- "You look so cute and handsome as ever, (name)! I'm so in love with you that I can't put it to words!" (love)

- "Oh, (name), you are just so wonderful, handsome, and charming. I'm glad I found the right man to be my hubby-wubby!" (compliment)

- "Hey, what do you have there, dear? Hee hee...are you hiding something from me?" (gift)

- "(Name), please don't go too far from me! I want you to always be near so I can keep you safe!" (promise)

Replying - Married

- "Daww, my heart races when you say it that way. I love you dearly too!" (love)

- "Hee hee, you are so very sweet, (name). You are looking even more handsome than yesterday yourself!" (compliment)

- "Aw horsetails! I wanted to surprise you with this bow tie. Wouldn't you look simply dashing in it?" (gift)

- "Aw, you're really that worried about me? Of course I'll stay by your side. I wouldn't ever consider otherwise!" (promise)Level Up

- "Wow, at this rate, I could outdo even Father!" (6+ stats up)

- "I'm doing great! I just need to keep it up." (4-5 stats up)

- "Ah, well, a slow and steady road is the key." (2-3 stats up)

- "Ugh, Father would be most displeased with me..." (0-1 stat up)

- "I guess I've learned pretty much everything I could here." (0-1 stat up, most capped)Class Change

- "Ooh, not bad at all! Boys might find me even cuter now!"Armory

- "Oh, you're shopping for me? I'm so excited!" (buying)

- "Argh! Do I really have something useless?" (selling)

- "Ah, the keener a weapon, the better it can be!" (forging)Barracks

Alone

- "Wow, for some reason, I feel really pumped up right now!" (surge)

- "I ought to get in some knitting practice sometime soon. It's kinda fun, but I'm still not as good at it as Father is." (misc)

Greetings

"Ah, good morning, Avatar! Need a push to get the day started?" (morning)

"Hey, Avatar! Deciding to rest up?" (afternoon)

"Good evening, Avatar. Are you about to turn in?" (evening)

"Oh, Avatar, you might want to get some sleep. It's quite late." (night)

"A very happy birthday, Avatar!" (Avatar's birthday)Battle

Support Boost

- "Careful now!"

- "Let's go!"

- "No one will harm you!"

- "My strength is yours!"

- "Victory shall be ours."

- "Believe in yourself!"

- "Hold on there."

- "Have no fear!"

- "I'm here for you."

- "No carelessness, you hear?"

Dual Strike

- "May I?"

- "I'll take this!"

- "And one from me!"

- "It's my turn now!"

- "Once again!"

Dual Guard

- "Not as long as I still breathe."

- "Nice try."

- "I don't think so!"

Defeated Enemy

- "Ha, so predictable!"

- "Ladies finish fights, not start them!"

- "Oh poo on you."

- "There now."

- "Phew..."

Partner Defeated Enemy

- "Wow, impressive!"

- "Now that's teamwork!"

- "Thanks so much!"

Critical

- "Your filthy arse is history."

- "You've messed with the wrong girl!"

- "Farewell, fool!"

- "May no god have mercy on you!"

Defeated By Enemy

- "Ugh...Father..."Death/Retreat

- "Ugh! Sir Kieran! Run away...quickly... Don't let them...get you... Please survive..." (paralogue)

- "No! Why...? Why now...? Daddy...please...forgive me... I will always...be your...little girl." (classic)

- "Ugh, gods! I can't believe this wound has made me useless! I apologize, but I must retreat!" (casual)Confession to Avatar

- "Out of all the boys that I've met...you've charmed me the most. And Sir Kieran loves you too!"

Not gonna lie, I was pretty impressed that you made all these quotes, and they seemed pretty on point with Frederick too.

I'd like to do one of these for Stahl's kid, but no ideas yet. Might do one later.

It was fun! ^^ And I was enjoying how Antoinette turned out as a character. Thanks, btw!

Also, your entry has to be Frederick's kid, I'm afraid, as that's what the OP states. But I must admit that it MIGHT be a little better if we could make a kid for any male character in each contest.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Antoinette is also a neat freak, another trait she gets from her dad. lol

Edited by Anacybele

I always thought that some of the other girls should have had kids.

Jake, son of Anna

Starting class: Fighter

Physical Appearance: Well built man with spiked hair and a head band. Dressed in usual Fighter attire but with a shirt like the GBA Fighters have.

Backstory: A somewhat lonely person but used to isolation due to being a sole male surrounded by his inexplicably identical mother, aunts, and cousins. He assisted his mother in her money-making schemes until they came across Lucina's company in the future. Jake requested to be allowed to travel with them, but his mother initially refused and argued with him until he brought up that people would have much more money to spend if they were not in a post-apocalyptic setting. She relented after that and so Jake followed Lucina and company into the past.

Personality: While not quite as money obsessed as the rest of his family, Jake's birthright has imbued him with an excellent head for numbers and an intuitive knowledge of the best time to buy and sell. He is frugal and does not care for those who blow all of their money on single occasions (his biggest gripe with Inigo and Severa). Overall, he has great patience and is often sought as a guide in matters both personal and financial.

Miscellaneous: Relationship with the other child units:

Lucina: On the same level. He values Lucina's cool head and determination and she values him as a confidant and financial manager for their mission.

Owain: The least fazed by Owain's antics. He actually finds them relaxing as they remind him of the mania of his family. Owain affectionately refers to him as "Money Man"

Inigo: Rocky. Inigo once borrowed money from him when he had spent all of his unsuccessfully attempting to woo girls. The young mercenary was quite shocked to find that Jake was adding interest to his debt.

Brady: Good friends. They respect each other's shrewdness, and Jake is quick to take up an offer for tea and to hear Brady's violin playing.

Kjelle: Kjelle's general dislike of men keeps them from being friends, though she appears to have a grudging respect for Jake when it comes to his relationship with the Annas getting them plenty of good armor and weapons.

Cynthia: Same story as Owain, though Cynthia prefers to regularly cycle between a variety of grand nicknames for Jake. He tolerates them to humor her.

Severa: All but hate each other. One attempt by Severa to use her femininity to get Jake to buy things for her ended in disaster as she vastly underestimated how strict he was with money. Jake's inner businessman despises Severa for her fondness of shopping sprees and other cases of "needless spending".

Gerome: Gerome prefers to be alone, and Jake has never seen fit to bother him.

Morgan(M): As part of his Tactician training, Morgan asked Jake to teach him about money management. Jake was more than happy to oblige.

Morgan(F): While not as severe as Severa, Jake still dislike's Morgan's eagerness to spend money on simple pleasantries.

Yarne: Jake approves of the Taguel's "living off the earth" style of living, though still finds himself exasperated by Yarne's paranoia.

Laurent: Another pair of good friends. Laurent sometimes asks Jake to help him with managing the army's funds.

Noire: Jake is unfazed by Noire's split personality due to the craziness of his home situation. She finds his serious attitude intimidating.

Nah: Mutual respect. Their similar personalities make it so that there is little friction between them

After the end of the story, Jake returns to the life of the wandering merchant alongside his family.

:facepalm:

Also, your entry has to be Frederick's kid, I'm afraid, as that's what the OP states. But I must admit that it MIGHT be a little better if we could make a kid for any male character in each contest.

Hoo-kay, let's see if I can rework this character...Oh, it has to be Frederick's child? Friiiiick...I only have a child concept for Priam. Can I post this anyway, even if it doesn't qualify, before I forget? > <;

Amity, daughter of Priam

Starting class: Swordmaster (her stats lean toward strength and defense), Reclass options are the Mercenary and Cavalier lines.

Physical Appearance: Amity stands at around 5 feet tall. Her hair color by default is dark blue, like her father. She would inherit the Fem!Avatar's hair color, since that would be the only mother she could have. As for how her hair is actually styled, the best way I can describe it is a messier version of Fem!Morgan's hairstyle. Her blue eyes are always half-lidded, making her look sleepy all the time, even when she isn't.

Personality: Amity comes off as quiet and aloof, even though she's too busy fighting her own mental war. Because she thinks showing emotion signifies weakness, she often bottles up her feelings to keep a strong, stoic facade. In reality, she's a nice girl who's withdrawn into herself.

Backstory: After Priam was killed, she recovered his bandana and swore to pick up his slack. This included taking care of her younger brother, Morgan, and helping her mother around the house. She was "promoted to parent" so to speak once her mother disappeared. This made her extremely protective towards Morgan. Her guilt for not being strong enough to protect her family in the bad future motivates her to train almost to the point of vomiting or passing out.

Miscellaneous: In her parent-child supports with both of her parents, Amity's stoic mask begins to crack and ends breaking down in front of them.

Her ending is: "Amity became a wanderer, with no clear destination in mind, hoping to find happier times in other lands. Whether she achieved this or not is up for debate."

Ah, right, her paralogue...The title for it would be "Flickering Blue Flame," and she starts out as an NPC, fighting in some General's army. Talk to her with Chrom or Priam and she joins you.

EDIT: I've started thinking of quotes for Amity as well...Just to build her up a little more.

Barracks/Event Tile

"I found a new way of handling my weapon...Perhaps it'll make me as strong as father was..." (Exp)

"I honed my skills to the point that my stomach hurts. Ulgh...I think that's enough for right now." (Weapon Exp)

"What's this? Did someone lose it? Well, I suppose it can't be helped." (Item)

"Perhaps I should stop pushing myself so much...My throat's burning..." (Misc.)

Defeat Quote: "It's...not enough..."

Death Quote (Paralogue): "Ah...It's so dark...I'm coming to join you...Father..."

Death Quote (recruited): "So this is...what dying is like..."

Retreat Quote: "No, not here...I'm sorry, but I need to leave for now..."

Level Up Quotes

"Pushing myself seems to have paid off." (6-7 stats up)

"It was worth blacking out for this growth." (4-5 stats up)

"Not enough. Defintely not enough." (2-3 stats up)

"Hmph." (0-1 stat up)

"I can finally stop now...I'm finally strong enough..." (0-1 stat up, capped)

Support Increase Quotes

Asking-

"You look so happy. Have you overcome something big?" (Happy)

"What do you dream of doing once all of this is over?" (Dreams)

"You seem to be a capable fighter. Will you fight alongside me?" (Fighting Together)

"I notice that you slink off by yourself between battles. What is that you do?" (Free Time)

Answering-

"Ah, I just finished training for the day. It was hard, to say the least." (Happy)

"I dream of being strong. Strong enough to protect everyone I know and love." (Dream)

"You help me, I'll help you. How does that sound?" (Fighting Together)

"I train. If I'm not doing that, I'm eating or sleeping." (free time)

Asking- Priam

"Father, you're the strongest man I know. We should train together." (Train)

"Is there anything you need, Father? I'm more than willing to get it for you." (Gift)

"You look flushed, Father. Are you feeling alright?" (concern)

"What have you been doing up until now, Father? Before you met me?" (story)

Answering- Priam

"O-Of course, Father! I'd be honored to spar with you!" (train)

"It's enough to have my family back. But thank you for the offer." (gift)

"No...No, my head just hurts a little, that's all. I'll be fine." (concern)

"When you and Mother were gone, I raised Morgan and trained with a sword on the side. I had to keep pushing myself to survive in a world filled death and despair, along with protecting my loved ones. I wanted to be just like you..." (story)

Asking- Mother

"I want to see how skilled you are, Mother. Would you like to spar?" (train)

"If you need anything you need, Mother, please tell me and I'll get it." (gift)

"Are you feeling well, Mother? You seem quiet today..." (concern)

"Where have you been all this time, Mother? What've you been doing?" (story)

Answering- Mother

"I'd love to. After all, both you and Father are very adept fighters in the future, Mother." (train)

"I appreciate the offer, but no, I don't need anything." (gift)

"My arms are sore...But that's not big enough to hinder me. Sorry for worrying you." (concern)

"I survived to the best of my ability. Taking care of Morgan while making ends meet was a struggle in the future. But I made it here, before everything went so horribly, horribly wrong..." (story)

Edited by TheGhosteon

Yeah, the way I see it, I honestly think this thread would be better off if it was just a collective of any or all child characters. Voting for the best just doesn't seem to be feasible, but instead, those who are willing could give a rating or review of other's ideas.

That way, I think it'll work better for everyone, as creativity isn't something that can simply be demanded or controlled.

I'll start off by reviewing Amity, whom I actually find quite interesting.

Positives:

Right away, my first impression of her is that she seems entirely believable as a character. Her traits and backstory paint an interesting picture that would fit right in with the Awakening cast, and the description you gave of her physical appearance was easy to digest and imagine as well. The bandana especially helps complete the virtual portrait and seals the deal for me. If she were in-game, she would most likely be a very likeable and popular character.

Negatives:

I've been trying to look for a flaw in her for a while now, and nothing in particular sticks out to me, other than her name seeming ever so slightly out of place, which, in the end, isn't a big deal at all. Though, it would have been interesting to see how she would interract with the other child characters, and it is my personal belief that while her personality and backstory are great, they don't make her an absolute standout. In the end, though, not every character needs to be a standout- and everything I said in this paragraph was extremely nitpicky anyways.

Final Verdict:

An extremely solid 9/10. Great work, and an interesting read!

Sure, why not. I originally wasn't going to post because I couldn't think of a good kid for Freddy off the top of my head, but since the topic creator says all fathers are fair game now, I thought I'd share the first one that came to me:

Aura, Daughter of Libra
Starting Class: Thief. She also has access to Cleric and Dark Mage as her father-inherited class set.
Physical Appearance: Aura inherited her father's feminine looks, but disguises them with a rough tomboy haircut and a course manner of speech. With bound breasts and scruffy clothes, she tends to be mistaken for a young boy by those who don't know her.

Backstory: Aura helped her father run and maintain his orphanage starting from a very young age. With so many soldiers lost in the war against the Risen, there were many children to care for and food and money were always very tight. Aura began stealing here and there to help them all survive, though she refused to let her father know that the "mysterious donations" were from her. When Libra eventually grabbed his axe and went back into battle, Aura turned to thieving full-time just to make ends meet. She was recruited to help the other future children when she was caught stealing from the palace kitchens and offered her services to help in the battle against Grima in exchange for aid for the children still under her care. When Lucina and the others all traveled to the past, Aura was dumped in the middle of rural Plegia where she began taking care of Plegian children whose parents were lost in the war against Ylisse. Her recruitment level involved Chrom and the Shephards coming across the makeshift orphanage and teaming up with Aura to save the children from a group of slavers.
Personality: After a life spent stealing to survive, Aura is rather distant and mistrustful of others. However, she is very warm and good with children, and as a result is more comfortable around some of the more child-like members of Lucina's club. She has a tendency to project a rough, tomboyish face to strangers. She doesn't particularly enjoy fighting, but sees it as a necessary part of existence. She can't cook, but knits in her spare time.
Miscellaneous:

Stats/Classes: Like most Thieves, Aura relies on her Skl, Spd, and Lck in battle moreso than Str. Thanks to her father's stats, she has a stronger Mag growth than most, though of course her growths can also change depending on her mother. In her native class tree, she can make a competent assassin, or made a Trickster as a nice toss-in Staff user, but she can make decent use of her alternate classes thanks to her Mag.

Supports: Like all Children units, Aura can S support M!Robin and all of the opposite-gender Children, and A Support with F!Robin, Libra, and her mother. She can also A Support with Cynthia and Nah. Her Support with Owain details the story of how she was caught stealing from the palace, since he was the one who caught her. Her support with Inigo involves him teaching her how to dance and discovering that she binds her breasts to make it easier for her to squeeze into tight spaces when stealing. Her support with Nah involves her fussing over Nah in battle, and eventually Nah confronts Aura about her treating her like a child.

Solo Ending: Aura settled down to help her father with his orphanage, but her time spent traveling had filled her with wanderlust. After a year of peace, she left in the night and was not heard from again.

Edited by Kirie

Ooh, Amity is a nice name! Did you know it means "friendship"? Quite fitting for a female descendant of

Ike. ;)

Oh, and of course, I welcome any feedback on Antoinette. :)

Edited by Anacybele

Aurora - Daughter of Virion
Starting Class - Cavalier,her main strength is her speed in conjunction with her skill, making her a good user for Luna,Astra or Sol. Her reclassing options are very unique, even though she is the daughter of Virion,she can't reclass to any of his classes, she reclasses to a mercenary,or a myrmidon. This is due to her believeing she is destined to save the word,she isn't as delusional as Cynthia, but nor does she have the same hubris of Virion, the reason for her reclassing choices are due to her chivalry,and wanting to save the world. Her class descriptions are unique and are: Paladin - Knight in Shining Armour, Great Knight - Protector of the Realm, Assassin - Killing Evil from the Shadows which they lurk, Swordsmaster - Bringing down the Darkness with unstoppable speed, Hero - A fabled Hero of legends and finally Bow Knight - Striking down the Evil both from afar and near, all the shadows of Grima will disappear.
Physical Appearance- She has snow-white hair in a long braided ponytail,with highlights of her father's blue grey hair and her mother's (insert mother's hair colour here) she has highlights of as well. The streaks are specifically on one side of her braid(her mother's on the left and father's on the right,only the braid ponytail is coloured other than white). This is due to style choice, when she came back from the future, before her hair was all ___(mother's hair colour). She isn't really scrawny,but she looks kind of delicate and innocent,like Elise, but at the same time she dresses in a battle skirt which is primarily black,with tints of red and blue,the frills being red,and the upper part fading grey-blue. She also keeps this outfit for all of her classes except Hero and Assassin(and her mother's classes),where she uses the standard clothing. Her eye colour is the same as Virion's, and her face is quite serious and pretty, as well as kind,but not as delicate as her body posture. When she fights,she moves like as if it was all a beautiful dance, she flows through the battlefield,striking down her enemies,whether it be from horseback or the ground.
Backstory- Aurora was born in Roseanne, not long after the war with Grima had begun, she's around Inigo's age(she's actually his twin if they are siblings,it's briefly mentioned in their sibling-support), but never really talked to a lot of people, so she was very lonely growing up, her mother had stayed home with her for a while after she was born, but eventually her mother left too. She and her sister/brother only had eachother,yet they distanced themselves,because they were so radically different as children, when she meets her sibling in the past, Aurora tries to make up for lost time. Aurora is one of the "oldest" children(she's 20-ish), as she was thrown back in time even before Lucina, though, because the war hadn't even started or her parents hadn't even married yet, so she hid and trained, she joined the Valmese army(Roseanne's army to be precise)after Viron was banished as a cavalier,because she knew her father was exiled at the time, and could definitely not recognize her either way. She became really good,but was almost killed by Walhart for treachery,as she escaped during the Valmese struggles. Her recruitment chapter is in the Castle of Roseanne, which was attacked by Risen, though she had kept a low profile, she couldn't allow her home to be ruined,and defends it. She also has Virion's war-diary from the future, detailing events, and she's been waiting to find the opportunity to talk to her parents. She is also from the same future as Morgan.
Personality - Aurora is very talkative,but doesn't quite know how to socialize,due to her lonely upbringing,though she is almost never sad,even though her parents died in the future. When she went back, and found them, she was so happy,but knew she couldn't interfere,so she'd been waiting for the right moment to talk to them. She has inherited her father's boasting skills a bit, but she doesn't exaggerate, even though she believes herself to be a legend, at least she is a humble one. She is also dead set on killing Grima,and anyone in her way will die by her blade(/lance/axe/bow).
Miscellaneous - Her paralogue is locked until you defeat Walhart, like some of the other children's paralogue's are locked until you reach a certain point or place in the game. Her Paralogue is "Paralogue 26 - The Tale of A Legend".

Her birthday is 7th of August(the same as Inigo's).

[spoiler=Sister Support with Cynthia B-Rank]C: Aurora! What are you doing at this time of night,out here,all alone?
Don't be so selfish! What would happen if I'd find you dead! I just got you back...
A: Just got me back? Cynthia,what are you talking about? I am a legend,Scion of Naga. I won't die.
C: You died. In the future.
A: Impossible,how else would I be here?
C: ...
...Aurora.
A:Yes?
C: Did dad die?
A: Yeah.
C: No,he didn't. Not in the future everyone came from. He tried to save you,but was too late.
A: No,he... He saved me and died!
C: We're not...from the same future,are we?
A: Probably not... Now,let's go,we can't sit sobbing over a cliff when there are enemies to strike down...

I'll do quotes later,XD

Gerald - Son of Stahl
Starting Class - Soldier (I know those don't actually appear as playable in Awakening, but just roll with it. okay?), Leans toward Luck and Speed. His reclass options are whatever Stahl's are and His mother's are (excluding female-only classes)
Physical Appearance- Always trying to keep his hair and form in top shape, he looks like he'd be very self centered, and has a very average build. Which is practically the only thing he inherited from his father, amusingly.
Backstory- As soon as he found an old lance of his father's, he trained with it in secret, planning to help his father and join the fray. As soon as he was good enough, he ran to where his father was protecting the castle town, only to watch him get killed in front of his eyes. This experience made him very afraid that he can't save anyone, and gave him a sort of savior complex. He went into a shock-like state and never noticed his Mother never returning, which he stills feels guilty about. Lucina and co. found him trying to kill Grima's minions alone, in vain, of course. They saved him and he traveled with them since.
Miscellaneous - His personality is over-worrying about others, often so much that he wouldn't realise how badly he's hurt. He also has a passion for acting, as shown in his solo ending, where he goes off and performs all around the world, sometimes even joning Olivia and/or Inigo for a performance! His support conversations often show how he fails to notice things that can be dangerous to his life, like an arrow sicking out of his shouder, and someone having to save him. His supports with Owain and Inigo go into his passion for acting, although he's not as... histrionic as Owain. His supports with the Avatar show him trying to learn all new ways to save people, (ie. CPR, failing at using Staves, etc.) And his Father's supports show him trying to prevent his death in every way possible, and for his supports with his Mother, he tries to be the best son he could possibly be (like helping out with chores and going shopping for her).

Edited by AwesomeSauce

Aww, why can't all of these be real now :(

IKR. Best case scenario is some of the ideas being used in a mod or rom hack but I doubt that will ever happen.

And now, time for another child from me;

Natalya, daughter of Gregor

Starting Class - Paladin (alternatively Cavalier). Balanced stat growths all around, but with low luck and slightly below average HP. Her main strengths are speed and skill.

Physical Appearance - Natalya has a strong and sturdy figure, but isn't hulky or muscle-clad like her father. Her face is much more feminine than Gregor (for obvious reasons), with her ever-so-slightly forward drawn jaw being one of the only facial links between her and her father. Her default hair is a smooth, silky red, at a medium length. Her hairstyle is a mix between the 2 characters below;

Setsuna_portrait.pngShigure_portrait.png

Backstory – Natalya was the oldest child besides Lucina, which led to her having an important role in the resistance. She was involved in the resistance from a very young age, and as a result, she was always seen as a prodigy of sorts. Natalya has a very hardened personality, due to the fact that she had to deal with her father’s alcoholism, and later, both of her parents’ deaths. As she grew older, she departed on a journey to many foreign lands, in search of troops to recruit to her cause.

Personality – As previously mentioned, Natalya has an extremely hardened personality- she’s a survivalist at core, and won’t hesitate to kill if necessary. Headstrong and stubborn, she never admits defeat, and struggles to understand how she lost. However, she always remains somewhat reserved- in a few of her support conversations, other members of the army point out her seeming lack of emotions, equating her to a robot (medieval robots existed, right…?). Some say she wouldn’t show a shred of pity even if someone died. If she has a soft side, she never shows it, and she’ll often dismiss the buffoonery of her comrades with a disaprooving and slightly sassy eye roll or sigh. As an important leader in the army, she can’t stand taking orders, and always has to be the one giving them.

Miscellaneous – Because Natalya’s personality is such a stark contrast to the easy-going and silly Gregor, their supports are comedic and meaningful at the same time, as Gregor tries to teach her to enjoy life. Her supports with Owain and Inigo are also stand-outs, as they both annoy her greatly and she struggles to hide her anger. Unlike Gregor, Natalya speaks perfect English, though she has retained a slight Russian accent from her father.

Edited by MBSNgaming