Hacker's Hangout [Q22] half baked ideas

ghast

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy let me see

Entire Mabinogi OST + Entire Advance Wars OST + Entire Fire Emblem 8 OST + Entire The World Ends With You OST + Every song made by x0_000 + Entire RPG Maker (06, XP, VX, and Ace) OSTs + Entire Megaman Battle Network 1 through 6 OSTs + Parts of the Card Captor Sakura OST + Parts of the The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi OST + An unknown fraction of the Kagerou Project songs + Wild Pokemon, Trainer, Gym Leader, Elite Four, and Champion battle themes from Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow; Gold/Silver/Crystal; and Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald OSTs + Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Temporal Tower and Primal Dialga themes + Sword Art Online's Openings and Endings 1-4 + A bunch of JubyPhonic's covers + 4 different versions of EMIYA (From the Fate/ series) + Blazer's assembled OST for The Last Promise + Tales Of series Battle Themes (though I haven't updated that section in a long time ,_,) + A random smattering of Touhou tracks + A bunch of the RWBY OST that has words + Rolling Girl (Hatsune Miku) + Lion (Rin and Len Kagamine) + REDLINE DAY (feat. Rob Laurer) (Redline OST) + Distant Years II (Clannad RST) + Some Rune Factory remixes + Some unnamed Chantelise tracks + Some MapleStory OST + No Game No Life Opening and Ending + A smattering of Caramell's songs (Caramelldansen, Doktorn, Vad Heter Ju, Ooa Hela Natten, Caramell Mix) + some Puella Magi Madoka Magica OST (Classical Colorful, Connect, Magia) + 3 albums from Love Live School Idol Project + DJ of the S' Elemental Disciple combo-mixes + Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann (Sorario Days, Jazz mix of Sorario Days, Libera Me from Hell) + Space Jam mixes + all the songs linked in this thread :V

But of all those before,

This is my favorite; because it is true!

+ You Can Do Anything (Extended Remix).

Hey I really like that channel, I think the "Aliez" opening is better than the "Heavenly Blue" one though.

Aliez is also really cool, yeah. Those two and Let Me Hear are the three main songs I've been listening to nowadays.

Edited by Bky

new question? Do you have any hacking protips?

here's mine:

pin all of your hacking folders/programs onto your taskbar for easy access!

here's another, if there are any folders that you frequently use but you need to sift through all the other ones to get to it, try this :o

miIDpo6.png

I add 0's at the beginning, so they will always be at the top!

1. Backups

2. Apply basic differential diagnosing when troubleshooting. This involves working out what the problem is by a process of exclusion. There are only so few things that can go wrong when you're hacking, and if what you did doesn't work, chances are you did something wrong.

3. Don't be afraid to just do something. Rather than saying "oh, if I change this byte to this, do you think X would happen?"... just do it and see what happens.

3. Don't be afraid to just do something. Rather than saying "oh, if I change this byte to this, do you think X would happen?"... just do it and see what happens.

This

if you think you have an idea, don't just wait around and "hey has anybody tried..."; it's more beneficial for you to try it for yourself. Maybe somebody else has doe it, and if they get a different result than you, the two of you can learn from each other and what you two did differently! If nobody has tried it after all, you've just discovered something! If you take notes through this process, it basically saves everybody else the hassle (as well as providing a jumping off point for someone else who wants to try)

i'm kind of on the fence about this. But in bloodlines there are a few instances of using the word, shit/bullshit.

for me i think its fitting for the characters that use it. Is it one of those "good in moderation" type of things?

You can swear all you want in a game.

The only time it's ever bugged me is in FE7x, because FE7x is a prequel to an official game, and the official games contained so little cursing as to be nonexistent. Damn is about the worst in FE7. So seeing Uther saying HORSE SHIT FUCK COCK TITTY BITCH TITS is very jarring.

In a different fangame though, idgaf.

Well I guess it depends on how/when/who uses it. I think I basically comes down to how you use it, basically the same as Prime, cause it can come off as jarring, or perfect for the setting.

For example in The Stormlight Archive, there are a bunch of curses that are unique to the world, which (IMO at least) gives the world some more depth since you can even see where some of them come from.

I say avoid swearing. Unless the character is just the type that swears or you have a bunch of foul mouthed louts as your party, I think it should be kept to a minimum. It's just... Weird when I see characters that are supposed to be lords or high born people speak with common tongues. Plus, I feel when people curse for characters that get less creative with insults and condemnations towards situations.

I don't even swear/curse/etc in day-to-day life, but I'm a pretty calm individual

the best way to go, in any medium for a wide audience, is to just have single semi-curses like what's on common TV (damn and hell)

in a supposedly serious setting you don't go 'gosh darn it' when your friend was killed in front of you (DBZ) but you need good writing overall too

There are more creative ways to convey what swearing does. If you ask me, swearing has no place in the bright and colourful setting of FE. It isn't tonally appropriate.