Hacker's Hangout [Q22] half baked ideas

ghast

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone was willing to completely change how the weapon triangle works, and then remake almost every class, then sure. Thing is I don't really see how it would work since in the future there is basically a superior weapon that's easy to make and easy to kill with, guns, so it wouldn't make much sense to give a soldier anything else for the kind of war (Unit against Unit) that FE uses IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

The character I would shamelessly insert in hack would be Nils. He's adorable and I want him to have supports God damnit!

I'm... a Final Fantasy lover at heart, so... (sneaks off and inserts Gilgamesh and a giant bridge into one of my maps...) or something. Bascially any FF character, whether it's Cecil, Bartz, Gilgamesh, Terra, Lightning, Vaan, Serah, ah you guys get the point.

pale flower of darkness because the weather use in that chapter made me terminal.

aaaaaaand night of farewells. Is it just me or did the random tile changing just kill the pacing of that whole chapter? There were so many times I was just stranded ;w;

in retrospect only having 1 flyer prrooobs wasn't my best idea but sheeshers

HHM Battle Before Dawn. Zephiel can get one-rounded by enemy mercs before you even reach him and Jaffar goes from being a one-man army to helpless as he breaks his weapon way too quickly and gets his head handed to him. Also, Maxime, the generic recolor guy, is a cooler and more dangerous boss than Ursula, the unique enemy that the player first saw all the way back in Lyn Mode. I'm not even mad about the fog of war when the chapter's problem is Zeph and Jaffar not being able to hold their own for the first few turns when you're on the opposite end of the map.

False Friends takes a distant second place. That was THE fiendish earlygame chapter. The enemies are relentless (especially when you need to rush to recruit Erk and Priscilla) and Erik's silver lance (instead of horseslayer) makes him formidable to everyone, not just Lowen.

i liked erik's chapter. I don't quite remember hhm erik though. but that had weather. Which actually in that chapter might have been a good idea because open spaces and horsies? :o

dunDUUUUUUUN

dun dun dun DUUUN DUUUUN

dun dun DUUUUUUUUNNN

DUUUUN

DUUUUN

DUUUUUUUUN

dun DUUUUUUUUUN (zi la la low low go go mow mow)

dun dun dun DUUUN DUUUUN (ZAI LA LA low low go go mow mow)

dun dun DUUUUUUUUUUN

KІІІІІІІІІІІІLL

MEEEEEE

NOOOOOOOOWWWW (ZA LA la dun DOME)

da da da da dooooooor door door door

door door door dooooooor da door, doordoor dooooor

da da door dooooooor door door door door door da door door

The fog of war chapter with the swordmaster brother.

I was bad, real bad at Fire Emblem when I first picked the game up and had so much trouble with my baaaaaa-d units on that chapter.

Next time 'round I tried all I could just to ensure I got the hero instead. No Wallace, but eh, you win some, you lose some.