Which pairing will make the best Matoi? The best redhead Matoi?

astrophys

Outside of a female Kamui/Corrin with Subaki, of course.

Assuming that Matoi gets the same class set as her father, she gets the following:

Pegasus Warrior

Falcon Warrior

Golden Kite Warrior

Samurai

Trueblade

Weapon Master

These give the skills:

Swallow Strike, Eastern Heart, Rally Speed, Mirror Strike, Soar, Sun God, Flowing Strike, Vantage, Astra, Swordfaire, Strength Seal, and Line of Death

Subaki's personal growth rate is:

55% HP,

30% Str,

20% Mag,

50% Skill,

20% Speed,

25% Luck,

45% Defense,

5% Resistance

Matoi's personal growth rate is:

55% HP,

35% Str,

15% Mag,

40% Skill,

40% Speed,

45% Luck,

35% Defense,

20% Resistance

I'll guess that growth rates will follow from Awakening like (Mother's growths + Father's growth + Child's Growths)

To my knowledge, max stat mods are unknown at the present time.

I'd imagine that Matoi would really like Lancefaire, applicable in her Pegasus and Weapon Master classes. And Lancer access would also grant her access to two more seals and the Breaking Sky Proc as well.

But there could be other options, like Raven Strike and Prescient Victory from the Bowman tree, etc.

As for redhead Matois (trying to make her look like Cordelia), I'm getting the feeling that Hinoka is probably the better choice… I was looking at her growth rates, and she seems to have better growths. Although we won't know for sure until we get more data, like max stat mods. Hinoka also offers Lancer.

The other redhead mother option for her that I'm aware of would be Luna, who mainly seems to offer Hero access, Sol, and Axebreaker (which admittedly helps out with triangle disadvantage).

What are your thoughts?

I would honestly do Luna just because I love their supports together. Sol is also really nice there is no unit I can think of where Sol is useless unless you have like a pure healer or something. Even then Sol is amazing on the enemy phase.

I would honestly do Luna just because I love their supports together. Sol is also really nice there is no unit I can think of where Sol is useless unless you have like a pure healer or something. Even then Sol is amazing on the enemy phase.

What? Luna gets a special support with Matoi instead of a generic one? Good call IS.