Rhythm Tengoku Mafia: The Best + (Game Over)

Prims

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just did 80 math problems content coming in ~12 hours or so (I have like 50 more math problems to do and two tests to take sorry for the absence in the meantime)

You don't need to have a strong townread on someone to hard defend them

in fact it's scummier to do it that way

Fair enough, but Snike didn't hard defend Manix so I'm still right. =)

I have a gut feeling that at least one of Haze and Kaoz is mafia

I'm not sure if that would be horrible (because lynching inactives aaaaaa) or amazing.

other than these, the person who is not doing what I expected him to do, is Shin. Normally, from what I can recall, Shin is all over the place, using every method he can use to get out of RVS and he is very good at it too. He also uses the chance to find scummy people using that method at the same time. Neither of which I am seeing this game. It could be because it is early game that Shin hasn't done it yet and it is still true that I can't read him,

but, both of the above quoted posts feel reactionary to me, so, I am gonna

##Unvote

##Vote: Shin

until he pulls a better Shin!

also, Shin, can you tell us about your thoughts on j00's #47?

Oh no, bro! I didn't too too much because I was asleep during the night, and I typically start work very early, so I don't usually get a chance to post until either my lunch break or in the late afternoon.

My joke case on Refa was actually my attempt to get out of RVS, Manix, j00 and Eli certainly took notice of it! I kinda picked up on Eli from my antics, but I'm cool if you kinda wanted more than that. Can I ask what makes you those think two posts are reactionary? I said I wasn't bothered by the vote since I could see where it was coming from and I actually voted the person who was voting the person who voted me.

j00's #47? I think j00 actually worded what I wanted to say, Eli's vote felt like it was an attempt at a fairly big push compared to what was present. Manix's vote was clearly to try and push the game forward, but Eli seems to be portraying it as a little more sinister.

Making new post for reading the rest of the thread, you'll be up to your SHINS in scum hunting!

Paper, Eli tends to get caught up in minor details regardless of alignment. Still, that doesn't necessarily mean that's a null tell, it's still a bad thing to do. I think he got caught up in something like Yume Nikki (I tend to forget which games I'm actually in)? I'd be interested in seeing Eli talk about non-Manix content, it's kinda self-destructive to focus on him like that, especially when the reasoning's not quite there.

I like Via's response to Eli, I feel like they're trying to get the line of logic. It would have been really easy just to slap a vote on Eli and just agree with everything else.

My bro raises a valid point on j00, her swap was relatively quick to Eli but I'm not entirely sold that it's necessarily scummy to vote like that, especially after producing the logic she did. j00's initial vote was pretty weak, but I'm actually more reassured by the swap than bothered by it. Snike makes sense, although the term is SHINanigans. Again, j00 hasn't really hasn't posted since her interaction with Eli, which feels more like being busy than activel avoiding stuff. Like the logic's there, but I don't quite agree with it.

I don't like Dormio's assumption, quite a few people have found that Manix's vote made sense. Snike doesn't particularly make a hard defense and I'm not sure why it necessarily means that they're scumbuddies. I don't like how he dismisses other defenses of Manix and instead focuses on Snike. He's also really hung up on using Manix's inital vote against him, which I figured we're pretty much over by now.

##Unvote

##Vote: Dormio

I agree with my bro on his points on Dormio. I don't know why but I almost always town-read Refa, maybe he is the town MVP we all deserve? Paper's kinda weird, I don't get why he'd be spam posting when there's actual content to be discussed. My knowledge of Paper is only from British Mafia and Game of Chumpions, so apparently he's not posting enough memes to be town.

Dormio >>>> Eli >>>>>>>> You other people

I'm also terribly confused as to why Dormio is bringing up the Refa Snike thing

Did someone actually take Elieson's comment seriously there?

tbh I thought you did? wait, was this about the snike thing? u took my manix thing srsly right?

them

him

invader zim

marry me

j00's #47? I think j00 actually worded what I wanted to say, Eli's vote felt like it was an attempt at a fairly big push compared to what was present. Manix's vote was clearly to try and push the game forward, but Eli seems to be portraying it as a little more sinister.

And people say I'm good for nothing :D

Anyway, some actual things

Manix

i got cut.

the latter, mostly because i was starting to get tired of Nothing Happening In RVS

Manix doesn't do this though. Honestly, I don't know what Manix does, so don't take this line for any value, I'm just going by what my gut tells me at this point

Levibii says that early game tryhard manix is town but idr any instances where I could cite thing (and if someone wants to call me out on missing it, I'mma probably quote paperblade quoting me

if this was really the case, then you're basically saying (in a roundabout way) that you didn't want something to happen to progress the game? that's what i'm hearing right now.

you're being very selective about what parts of my posts that you seem to be acknowledging, even though i've pointed toward them after the initial post.

My rebuttal

there's a surprising amount of not much to comment on right now.

Also

basically i just wanted something to happen. someone has to take the early pressure for leading the game out of rvs, so i figured that i would just get it over with.

Thank you, I needed this, because on first read, I really didn't understand your other line as it originally read to me as "guys i voted shin because i'm bored and wanted stuff to happen" as opposed to "guys i voted shin because i wanted to try to do something to move the game along.

Blitz votes Shin for...defending me (an apparent...nullread)? He makes a decent point about j00, but it feels like something so swingy in interpretation, so I'm not sure how to weigh it.

Ok, so, I'm here and there are actual posts.

Also, I'd vote Curly Brace/Manix but other people have already done this and covered most of the points I'd want to go over so it's mostly moot for now.

Instead, I'll just do this.

##Unvote

##Vote Snike

Basically, the hard defense of Curly Brace/Manix strikes me as super odd and I'm not really liking it one bit.

Like, I mean, I get making cases on people that you think are making bad cases but what's the point of already stating that you have a strong townread on someone?

It reads to me like super hard buddying basically and I think that's scummy.

I'm against you on this; why would somebody super hard buddy somebody in the most up-in-the-air-for-interpretation phase of the game?

Basically, Eh on blitz. On a 2nd read, the j00 point isn't unique enough to warrant a townread from his statement

I've got a handful of townreads damnit Refa why, I'd rather scumread you, it's more fun that way when you're scum because then i'd be right

I'm still voting Manix; that's old news now, since he's the hero that town needs but totally doesn't deserve unless we miraculously don't lynch a doc D1

##Unvote

##Vote Blitz

[spoiler=Pick up the pace]Kaoz, Haze, Iris

@Snike

I'm the host of this game and what I say goes, so of course that limit is a thing. But really, I mostly said it because I'm pretty busy and have to sub out if I can't keep up with the content, and I'm already having trouble as-is. I do think it creates a better environment in general though, so it's in your own interest to stick to it as well.

While we're at it, I quite liked Snike's #58 and still don't really understand what Dormio's issue with it is. Paperblade, what do you think about that post? Your #75 seems like you're contradicting Refa's point, but I can't tell if you think Snike actually does what Dormio accused him of or whether you think he's scummy.

Like Blitz I have a bit of a problem with Shin's #38, although not because it's reactionary (not even sure what Blitz means, would appreciate elaboration), but rather it feels strangely lacking in conviction. He does something similar in his #87 regarding j00 as well (not entirely sold it's necessarily scummy).

@Elieson

I don't understand why you're voting Blitz. Could you summarize it again, please?

That's all that stood out to me that's still current I think (I won't be doing much in terms of rereading btw). Don't have any particularly strong scumreads at the moment, so going with my gut for now:

##Unvote

So you're taking issue with my lack of conviction on minor reads? I was admittedly uncertain on Eli, mostly because it was a very early game thing, and that's developed with his responses over time. I'm hesitant about j00 because she hasn't had a chance to post recently, so it's more a grumbling suspicion than anything else. Do you take any issue with my stance on Dormio?

Eli, have you dropped your Manix read? Your post doesn't really strike me with much conviction about Blitz. "Eh, probably not a town read" doesn't really feel very strong, especially after you went on about Manix so much.

That's all that stood out to me that's still current I think (I won't be doing much in terms of rereading btw). Don't have any particularly strong scumreads at the moment, so going with my gut for now:

##Unvote

Rage, curse peoples' intestines and their hatred of me.

Barely skimmed the thread, just need to mention that I've got work most days during summer,so I'll mostly be reading and posting late evenings. That's idk for you people in non-european time zones, but proper post comes in a couple more hours.

Votals 1.4
Elieson (3) - j00, Paperblade, Manix
j00 (3) - Refa, Via, Snike
Shin (2) - Blitz, Kaoz
Kaoz (1) - Haze
Snike (1) - Dormio
Dormio (1) - Shin
Blitz (1) - Elieson

Not Voting (1): Iris

You have 29 hours and 47 minutes left in the phase. With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Eli, have you dropped your Manix read? Your post doesn't really strike me with much conviction about Blitz. "Eh, probably not a town read" doesn't really feel very strong, especially after you went on about Manix so much.

I feel like Manix has done enough to respond to me and I don't really have anything to question him about at the moment. I'd rather do something with my vote than leave it parked on Manix to do all of nothing, so I went for the nextt best thing I could find

@Elieson

I don't understand why you're voting Blitz. Could you summarize it again, please?

Blitz's vote on Shin seems really graspy (Meta for the first half is ehhhh. Voting for Shin, because shin answered questions he was asked, just because he answered them, seems like a huge dig)

His point on j00 just feels forced

Power outage killed my PC and my post :(

something something blitz's vote on shin is 1/2 meta and 1/2 sandbagging (come on, Shin's answering questions he was asked, of course it's reactionary. he's reacting to questions aimed at him)

If there was another question I cna't remember it and have a meeting to jump into so i'll check back after

My joke case on Refa was actually my attempt to get out of RVS, Manix, j00 and Eli certainly took notice of it! I kinda picked up on Eli from my antics, but I'm cool if you kinda wanted more than that. Can I ask what makes you those think two posts are reactionary? I said I wasn't bothered by the vote since I could see where it was coming from and I actually voted the person who was voting the person who voted me.

yeah, I don't disagree about your Refa post helped move stuff out of RVS, but, I think you are both more memorable in the times I have seen you do it. You also leave behind multiple traps to ensure things move out of RVS, so, your attempt looks half baked and less Shin!

by reactionary, I meant, those sound like the kind of words I would probably use to react before the situation, if I were scum, to prevent people from asking questions to avoid attracting attention, also something town!Shin loves to do (attracting attention to get the game moving). So, you are not exactly off the hook, yet.

I don't like Dormio's assumption, quite a few people have found that Manix's vote made sense. Snike doesn't particularly make a hard defense and I'm not sure why it necessarily means that they're scumbuddies. I don't like how he dismisses other defenses of Manix and instead focuses on Snike. He's also really hung up on using Manix's inital vote against him, which I figured we're pretty much over by now.

regarding Dormio, his attitude is so ignorant and stubborn, it goes far beyond something I would even think of doing as scum, which makes me think he is actually town :(. Lack of reading the thread is also a thing, but blatantly claiming to not have read the thread and making posts like that is also something way beyond what I would think is possible for scum to do. So, basically, I think he is more likely to be town with that attitude.

btw, at everyone,

Thank you, I needed this, because on first read, I really didn't understand your other line as it originally read to me as "guys i voted shin because i'm bored and wanted stuff to happen" as opposed to "guys i voted shin because i wanted to try to do something to move the game along.

does anyone find this post to be weird in any way?

Blitz votes Shin for...defending me (an apparent...nullread)? He makes a decent point about j00, but it feels like something so swingy in interpretation, so I'm not sure how to weigh it.

yeah, I agree with you on stuff about j00, but, when did I vote for Shin for voting you? (that is what I can basically make out of this post)

Afternoon, and Happy Canada Day! It's time to Tap! (there refa I capitalized it get your mind out of the gutter)

Welcome to the test Trial of the Snikcafe, Dormio. Regrettably, we don't serve call Girl(s), bodyguards or chainsaws at this establishment, only verbal beatdowns, circus animals, and Vanilla milkshakes. I am going to state my townreads as early or as late as I want to so that, on the chance that I die, my views are out there to help the Townie(s) lynch scum. Defending, buddying, call it what you will, but you're not actually attacking the case that I made against j00 and instead smearing me on an associative read, which none of the other defenders seem to have. The response to Quote was very weak given I linked the skimmed post in my offending post. If he didn't read it, why did he read mine, especially since mine was the longer post? Claiming laziness is a good way to not have to address valid points about the cases of people you're attacking. I admit I townread Manix, but I didn't hard defend him so much as explain why I townread him and then go after the people who asked a loaded question (elieson) and who flipped on a case without responding to said casee (j00). You could call that a chainsaw (it isn't), but you literally are doing the exact same thing by attacking me for attacking j00/elieson (most likely j00 because you're ok with elieson case). This is especially clear because of how you don't have much else to say about anyone else other than my 'buddy', who you backed off of.

TL;DR (Hi Kaoz): Dormio is probably bodyguarding j00 by attacking me with an associative read, which magically doesn't apply to people like Quote, Paperblade, or Refa. Probably claims ignorance because he doesn't want to get bogged down by arguments. Boy does he have another thing coming.

As if it wasn't enough, it turned into a ballroom Blitz. His point on Shin is poor given that Shin did a similar thing in Thousand Names mafia (shin already explained it on page 5), and the 'reactionary' + 'unmemorable' reasons seem flimsy to me. I agree to some extent about j00 but that's because I pointed out some of that in my previous post. His read on Dormio doesn't work either because it's based on his attitude without actually addressing how weak dormio's argument is. Overall, I am not feeling good about Blitz so far.

@refa: WRT the Manix thing, Dormio's response doesn't make sense because they were referring to your list post so it looks like cheap points to smear Manix/me. I have my own thoughts about dormio, as I see above.

@Shin: It's more of I think j00 intentionally dodged Manix's attempt to argue with her, instead flipping. That is v suspicious in my eyes.

@Kaoz: Noted.

I feel better about Elie now if only because I don't necessarily see his recent behaviour as suspicious as his previous content. That, and I feel like Dormio just made himself a big target.

I am keeping my vote on j00 but I would go after Dormio next. We have about 27 hours so it's time to pick up the pace.

Asides:

@Refa: Yeah well if flavor-hunting was relevant I was going to vote you. I've played my share of rhythm games + am working through Project X Zone atm.

@Everyone: What do you think of j00's #47 in response to Manix's #35? This what I'm referring to when I was talking about j00 dodging. It's pretty clear that she read Quote's #40, so why didn't she respond to Manix more directly?

@Paperblade:

PARTY PEOPLE IN THE HOUSE LETS GO
IT'S YOUR BOY "JAYSKI" A'IGHT SO
PASS THAT THING AND WATCH ME FLEX
BEHIND MY BACK, YOU KNOW WHAT'S NEXT