Postgame [spoilers?]

meowcakes

I was wondering how much we know about the postgame... Are there any new gameplay options? Can you continue grinding? Any info would be great! Thanks!

Good question. Awakening had a lot of Post Game because you could grind infinitely and max out all of your characters. But people didn't LIKE that and they've supposedly reduced that in Fates.

So I hope that as a result, that once you beat the game you are just done (even though there are 3 stories).

Once you clear a route you're promted to add as many characters as you want to your avatar logbook now--any character can be added. Dunno if they keep whatever support data they had stored too, when you pay to resummon them, but I imagine they would. It's probably mostly for making My Castle teams so that would be handy.

Good question. Awakening had a lot of Post Game because you could grind infinitely and max out all of your characters. But people didn't LIKE that and they've supposedly reduced that in Fates.

So I hope that as a result, that once you beat the game you are just done (even though there are 3 stories).

What!? People didn't like to have their characters max out like who doesn't like to max out their characters.

really is that what you got out of the dislike of grinding? I am pretty sure it was the fact you could do that before the game was over and "cheat". Plus it is still semi infineite if there is a way to grind gold, and we don't know when eternal seals Cap, also Grinding was finite in sacred stones and people still complained about it,

Is it like awakening where Chrom decides to go off Looking for a descendant of Ike or beating apothesis While Grima sits there waiting patiently for Chrom to decide to kill him.

Ok then, from what I gathered.

The last possible point you can save is Chapter 27 (you cannot save in the Endgame, so it means if you play on classic and die in Endgame you gotta replay Chapter 27 again)

When you beat the game and everything, there is no option to save, so it's either

A: Your stats are saved, or some of them anyway, and you can continue in 27

B: It's just that, you either replay 27 and Endgame or you play around with who knows what.

Ok then, from what I gathered.

The last possible point you can save is Chapter 27 (you cannot save in the Endgame, so it means if you play on classic and die in Endgame you gotta replay Chapter 27 again)

When you beat the game and everything, there is no option to save, so it's either

A: Your stats are saved, or some of them anyway, and you can continue in 27

B: It's just that, you either replay 27 and Endgame or you play around with who knows what.

I just finished the Hoshido campaign. As mentioned, the game doesn't save once you complete the game so there's no post-game of any kind.

You can pick five characters maximum to save to transfer to your logbook, it's not unlimited. You have to pay money (a lot of money) to import those characters on another save.

Oh god, this is literally the most stupid design decision they could've made.

Oh god, this is literally the most stupid design decision they could've made.

Though technically on a smaller scale, they've done it before in FE7 and FE8, though if you lost the Fire Dragon/Demon King fight, it's a completely different story compared to losing an entire chapter.

The whole thing reminds me of something though. Not this one in particular, but in Megaman Battle Network, you also could not save after a certain point.

Oh er...right, they've also done it before in the Black Knight fight, though again, the Black Knight fight is just one fight, the final chapter is a completely different story

What, no endgame, no postgame, no save, no anything in Nohr ?

That's sad and weird. :/

Nohr has an Endgame. The save is er..whatever was said above.

I can't tell much either though, all I have is looking at other people's games, and most people are tired after spending 25-35 hours on the game "non stop"

Is this "no-save" business for Nohr AND Hoshido, or just Nohr?

It's gonna suck if there's no postgame for Hoshido.

Both Hoshido and Nohr have their last opportunity to save at Chapter 27.

I'm pretty sure both sides have no postgame

After the credits, you immediately go back to the main screen, and since you can't save, well that's that

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

You just start back from Chapter 27? And you can't promote each unit because of a limited number of Master Seals?

Definitely not as elaborate as Awakening. I suppose that's alright, though.

You just start back from Chapter 27? And you can't promote each unit because of a limited number of Master Seals?

Once you upgrade your magic shop to gold, you can buy an infinite amount of master seals (money permitting of course). As mentionned before, I can confirm that Hoshido also has no post game (though you could in theory do random battles for fun).

Remember that Awakening post game content besides DLC was not that great too (only 6 extra free paralogues availables after the release and that was all). It's sad, but again, wait for DLC if you want a postgame content.

Awakening never really had a 'postgame' anyway. There were the spotpass paralogues, but either IS is already planning to release those or they've been cut in favor of developing the two/three routed you can play instead. Either way, it's not like I particularly mind it. It would have been nice to have a save after the final battle especially if you get some great levels out of it, but I'm not going to pull hairs.

Without the paid DLC, Awakening had the spotpass paralogues and battles against lvl 20 bonus teams that could be harder than the final chapter enemies. However, both were technically "DLC", just free. If you never received any spotpass update, and didn't buy DLC, there was nothing available for "post-game".

I guess the oddity this time is that we can look at the game's data and there doesn't seem to be anything obvious just waiting to be unlocked through spotpass, aside from Anna, maybe. There's still a chance we'll get something though, but it's no use speculating before seeing what's going to be the actual spotpass content this time.

What!? People didn't like to have their characters max out like who doesn't like to max out their characters.

Apparently. I loved to max out the characters. That's why I play Awakening to this day. :P

really is that what you got out of the dislike of grinding? I am pretty sure it was the fact you could do that before the game was over and "cheat". Plus it is still semi infineite if there is a way to grind gold, and we don't know when eternal seals Cap, also Grinding was finite in sacred stones and people still complained about it,

I... actually liked the grinding. Did my post make it sound like otherwise? If so my mistake and sorry for that but what I meant to say I was a LOT of people did NOT like the grinding in Awakening (thus why it was reduced in Fates). But I was not one of them. I liked the grinding.

With those both said, I am sad there isn't no "post-game" for neither routes in Fates. But you couldn't save before the final fight with Grima in Awakening either. So to be fair, the not being able to save bit isn't that bad. The question is: what can you do once you get to that "Endgame" point? Here's what I know from what I've heard so far:

- My Castle Shenanigans

- Streetpass Battles (the "Defend" or "Assault" the Castle shenanigans)

- Online Battles against other people (I think)

- Some sort of grinding with the Reeking Box equivalents (Hoshido and 3rd Path only I'm assuming)

- Any DLC that we'll get from Nintendo

So if we look at it that way, that's not bad at all. I can live with that. But if that is not the case, well we can figure it out and correct that list in this thread together. ^__^

Edited by SonicKeyblade00

^ i figured that you most likely liked grinding i was just wondering why you seemed to think that the reason people disliked grinding was because you could get infinite levels. That was hardly the main reason why people seemed to have a problem with it, they might dislike that you could get unlimited levels, but that is more of a side issue that stems from other reasons to dislike grinding as infinite levels is kinda useless in most cases with limited grinding opportunities, and as i said grinding was only to max level in sacred stones and people still complained about it. Though i believe the person with the most valid complaint about SS grinding is that boss entombed on the first floor of the tower, i kinda feel bad for that guy.

• 4 years later...
On 6/29/2015 at 8:01 PM, Ben14 said:

Yeah, true.

I expected a little more, but this is okay. Just saying, more content doesn't always mean better game.