A daily cup of tea.

TeamasterTwekczar

Sweet almost at 15 hundred views for this little topic!

Today I would like to recommend a theory on a nice Tea recipe. I will warn in that this has not been tested but I do feel like this can work. I base this off of some general knowledge I know about how food is made. Without further a due the recipe.

1) Make a batch of Tea

2) Chill the tea until it's nice and cold.

3) Then pour some heavy cream and half and half into a saucepan.

4) Bring it to a simmer then remove from heat.

5)Then whisk eight large egg yolks together while slowly adding in your sweetener (sugar is the easiest to work with here)

6) Then temper in your cream mixture into the eggs and sugar.Pour the mixture into the saucepan and let it simmer until it thickens slightly.

7) Pour the mixture out afterwards into a container to let it cool for around half an hour.

8)Afterwards stir in your tea and some vanilla extract.

9) Let that cool until in the fridge until it's about 40 degrees.

10) Then pull out an ice cream maker and using it's instructions make your self some ice cream. Enjoy however you want.

Once again I will stress that I haven't tested this but I did base it off of a vanilla ice cream recipe I know. It may need some tweaks but I feel like this can be done and you can enjoy some nice Tea Ice cream. Please if you try this recipe be warned that it might come out weird.

With that said I hope you enjoy this theoretical recommendation.

Edited by TeamasterTwekczar

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There, that small fix is done. Please tell me if there are any more errors or anything else is hard to read. I want to fix that up to make it easy to read for everyone.

Also once I have thoroughly tested it I will post a complete recipe along with things to help compliment it.

Today I'm gonna recommend some 2nd Harvest Matcha Green Tea. This tea starts off as nothing but a green tea powder, but when adding a very small amount of water to it you can then turn it into a paste. Put that paste into a cup. Once you have the paste in your cup pour the hot water into it to cup and then stir until the clumps are at the bottom and enjoy the leafy, bitter but refreshing taste of this tea.

Now..... If you want to spruce this up try doing this.

1) Once you have your Matcha green tea go ahead and drink half of it.

2) Then fill most of what you have left with some hot milk.

3) Then for a sweet kick lets add some warm honey onto the bottom.

4) Now stir together to blend all the flavors. (For an optional step slowly add some cinnamon in while stirring)

5) While we could just call it a day and drink it, we could also go for something fun and add some whip cream to the top.

6) Then take some white chocolate and grate it a couple of times to add a garnish and whalla! You have a nice, sweet, leafy, smooth, creamy treat of a tea!

I hope you enjoy today's inventive recommendation.

White chocolate and tea. That sounds. . .oddly delicious.

Rather than point out all the errors in the tea ice cream section, I'm going to quote the entire thing and fix it myself.

Today I would like to recommend a theory on a nice Tea recipe. Again I will warn in that this has not been tested but I do feel like this can work as I do carry some general knowledge about the culinary world. Chill the tea until it's nice and cold. Pour some heavy cream and half and half into a saucepan. Bring it to a simmer then remove from heat. Then, whisk eight large egg yolks together while slowly adding in your sweetener (sugar is the easiest to work with here). After that, temper in your cream mixture into the eggs and sugar. Pour the mixture into that saucepan and let it simmer until it thickens slightly. Pour the mixture out afterwards into a container to let it cool for around half an hour. Stir in your tea and some vanilla extract as well. Let that cool until in the fridge until it's about 40 degrees. Take out an ice cream maker and using its instructions make yourself some ice cream. Enjoy however you want.

Once again I will stress that I haven't tested this but I did base it off of a vanilla ice cream recipe. It may need some tweaks but I feel like this can be done and you can enjoy some nice Tea Ice cream. Please if you try this recipe be warned that it might come out weird.

Not the best edit, but that's about as good as I'll get in the few minutes I have before bed!

So many good recommendations here... But so little tea to try it with... Mind sending me some? ;w;

How do you even think of these? It's crazy, but it sounds crazy delicious!

;w;!!

So many good recommendations here... But so little tea to try it with... Mind sending me some? ;w;

How do you even think of these? It's crazy, but it sounds crazy delicious!

;w;!!

I've been in love with the science and art of making food for a loooonnnngggg time. So after awhile I started thinking that I wanted to spruce these my passions up in my free time. To quote Inigo: "I'm a man of passion" and my three main passions, (Acting, Writing, and Cooking) seem to bounce off of my creative side and help me come up with ideas for each. From that I come up with recipes biased off of ones I know and ideas that seem to fit. It also helps that I study everything but what's required for my class the next day (insert lousy student joke here). Threw that I've learned to mix, meld, blend, and combine all these different flavors and find out which ones work. Things like that help me decide things like whether to use white chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate to compliment that matcha recipe. On a side note if you want a reason for why white chocolate, it's because it's less bitter then other types of chocolate since it's made without the bitter flavor of the Coco liquor that most chocolate types have.

Which is one of the reasons I like tea. Its a beverage that comes in so many different flavors and mixtures that I find its a spectrum of taste. It goes from Bitter to sweet to tangy to sour to umami and covers most if not all the taste buds. It's so different that I find it can be used for many recipes as either a base or a flavor enhancer. Still need to test all of my ideas out.

May not been the answer you wanted but hopefully it did answer your question.

Which is one of the reasons I like tea. Its a beverage that comes in so many different flavors and mixtures that I find its a spectrum of taste. It goes from Bitter to sweet to tangy to sour to umami and covers most if not all the taste buds. It's so different that I find it can be used for many recipes as either a base or a flavor enhancer. Still need to test all of my ideas out.

Who the heck makes tea out of tomatoes? O_o;

In fact that's what I'm gonna recommend today.

Go out and find yourself some savory, or salty tea. Not many people know about these teas, and each of these teas brings something different to the table. Savory teas are easier to find then salty teas, but with enough digging around I'm sure you can find it! Just remember that it may not be the cheapest.

I hope you enjoy this simple recommendation.

Sorry for it being late but today I'm gonna recommend some Thai Tea. Great with sushi and spicy meals this sweet treat is made up of a sweetener, dairy, and black tea. The tea and dairy are equal in proportion, but you pour the dairy on top of the tea. This is a creamy, sweet, succulent drink with a bit of bitter in it.

I hope you enjoy this creamy recommendation.

Today I'm gonna recommend an Idea of using balance. How to enhance tea without killing it's flavor. Now I know that everyone prefers their tea how they like it but there is a science to how to balance the flavor. For example if you say accidentally let the tea seep to long in the water and now your tea taste like bitter leaves. One way to fix this is to waste it and start over but you could instead add maple syrup. This simple, easy to find, lovely nectar can help balance out some of the bitter flavors. Another way to dilute the bitterness of tea is to add another drink, like milk for example. This adds another flavor in the mix while diluting the flavor of it. By finding this balance in tea you perhaps can find ways to make tea go from being a simple drink to something of an elevated beverage. For simple practice try learning many ways to balance teas with earl grey.

While it may not be a tea recipe I hope this idea of balance brings you happiness.

I hope you enjoy your thoughtful recommendation.

I'm gonna look it over later to see if there are any spelling errors in this because I really need to get to bed right now.

Sorry for once again being late a day with recommendation.

For a simple recommendations I think I'm gonna go with a nice oolong tea. Drink while your sick or enjoy on your own these unique teas how ever you very well please.

Now for another recommendation I recommend a simply mapley recipe to help balance some Irish Breakfast tea.

1) Make yourself some Irish Breakfast.

2) Warm up some Maple Syrup (Grade B or A if you have it)

3) Pour the syrup into the Tea.

4) Stir until settled.

5) Pour in some ground cinnamon

6) Stir again

7) Shave some Nutmeg

8) Stir once more

Enjoy to your hearts content

I hope you enjoy this soothing recommendation.

Today I'm gonna return to the lovable classic that brings joy to many, the Arnold Palmer. This sweet and tangy treat is equal parts lemonade and tea which together create a wonderful world of flavor. Almost any tea will work when making this drink but the traditional tea used is black tea. If you make this treat and you want to kick it up a notch add some basil and some blue agave to the drink. This sweetness of the blue agave combined with that savory flavor from the basil will enhance the lemonade part of the Arnold Palmer. This will add more flavor into the drink, thus giving you have a tastier tea mixture.

I hope you enjoy this classic recommendation.

Holy Crap! 2000 Views! HOW?! Well how doesn't matter so lets get down to business.

Today I recommend nothing more then find whatever green tea is your favorite. For me right now it's 2nd harvest Matcha green tea.

But that's not the best way to celebrate 2000 views. No.... I need to plan something better then that..... Come back in a couple of days and we'll see what I can come up with.

So with that said I hope you not only enjoy this recommendation, but all of the future recommendations.

Let's keep those views rolling maybe I might show a picture of a desert tea.... Maybe.......

Anyways let's go with something nutty and creamy. Something which can be made in many different ways and is a very easy tea to make. Of which I of course speak about Milky Tea. Now while I prefer it being made with either Matcha or early grey this tea can be made with most if not all teas. Mix and match, and find your perfect Milky Tea to enjoy today!

I hope you enjoy this creamy recommendation.

Today I'm going to recommend a nice Sakura Allure Green Tea. A sweet smelling lofy aromatic tea that goes great with any type of sweet and any biscuit like food. If I remember this tea has dried some dried fruit added into it to add some of the aroma and also add a much needed sweetness to the tea. This balance of flavor profiles is the reason that I recommend this tea. While I try to stay away from bring in tea I've only found from a single brand (in this case I can only find this tea from Teavana) I find this tea as one of their best and worth trying.

I hope you enjoy this alluring recommendation.

So instead of a recommendation for today I instead posted my special surprise for what I'm gonna do to celebrate 2000 views. It's a nice poll for you to vote for..... Yeah?

Ok, but that's not all it's for I'm gonna do something special but I wanted some feedback before to figure out what I'm gonna make. I'll make a full recipe and take pictures during the process. So it's fine right? Right? RIGHT?

.... Ok fine, today I recommend so peach passion tea. A simple peach tea that goes with most things that go with peach and bitter things. It's nice, nutty, fruity, sweet, and bitter and has a pleasing aroma. One of the common teas you can find in many places but is easily forgotten about.

I hope you look at the poll and enjoy this peachy recommendation.

Also on a side note, I would of posted this earlier but I had a power outage for 17 hours.