Does any "canon" marriage happen on the route you do not play? (spoilers)

HeartTranquil

What are you trying to say? There is no Canon pairing for Chrom besides that he is paired, and if you mean is anyone auto paired why do you only care about the opposite side?

But i don't belive there is.

Actually, I'm pretty sure there is a predifined pairing for (mostly) everybody in FEA according to some data. (Plus the Chrom/Sumia deal)

If isn't really that far, considering how much a lot of children look like a carbon copy of certain female characters: Ophelia looks just like Nyx, Mitama like Sakura, Syalla's like Orochi etc, I'm not going to do them all.

You got to be really blind to not see the resemblance. It's not even funny that IS is doing that. :/

Edited by B.Leu

So there is none right?

But how come? Why can't the characters on the opposing side not find happiness of their own accord? Must it always be the player who makes the decisions for them?

Like if you play Hoshido, Marx will stay single throughout and won't find marriage.

Canon marriage/pairings are a dangerous thing, especially if it is in the same game (in this case, pair/trio of games) that allows the player to make their own pairings, because it tells people that their precious ships are wrong and people don't like that.

So there is none right?

But how come? Why can't the characters on the opposing side not find happiness of their own accord? Must it always be the player who makes the decisions for them?

Like if you play Hoshido, Marx will stay single throughout and won't find marriage.

Likely because the opposite side doesn't have access to My Castle, so they can't just hang around and even have children while leaving the war for later, without actually stopping things in the real world. Obviously, if you visit other player's My Castles they'll have their own pairings.

So there is none right?

How do you know they aren't falling in love offscreen? It is just never adressed, because the characters on the other side aren't focused on. I think it would be a little out of place to have Marx or Ryoma mention his wife when he is trying to fill you with sword lighting

So there is none right?

It isn't like one needs marriage to be happy anyway. Not to mention how there are so many possibilities.

There's also the child mechanic that is returning, and for any child to be canon within the game would take away what they were intending. The children are completely avoidable in this version, and I doubt they'd want them to have any part in the war, especially since some of them have odd methods of recruitment. Still, including marriage into it would mess with what they were intending, since none of that is canonically mentioned anyway iirc.

Actually, I'm pretty sure there is a predifined pairing for (mostly) everybody in FEA according to some data. (Plus the Chrom/Sumia deal)

If isn't really that far, considering how much a lot of children look like a carbon copy of certain female characters: Ophelia looks just like Nyx, Mitama like Sakura, Syalla's like Orochi etc, I'm not going to do them all.

You got to be really blind to not see the resemblance. It's not even funny that IS is doing that. :/

That's more because both FEA/FEif's design models are class-first, individuality second. If two characters, especially of the same gender, are in the same class, there's gonna be resemblance in design. It doesn't really mean anything.

Edited by Thor Odinson

How do you know they aren't falling in love offscreen? It is just never adressed, because the characters on the other side aren't focused on. I think it would be a little out of place to have Marx or Ryoma mention his wife when he is trying to fill you with sword lighting

*Stab, stab*

"So, what's the latest?"

"Huh--well, I got hitched a few weeks ago."

*ZAP BURN*

"Oh wow, good for you bro, did you end up doing that Groupon deal for the honeymoon or..."

"Nah, wasn't worth it. The party was super fun though, we had it at that cool vintage cellar by Main, you know, the one that just opened..."

"Sounds bougie."

"You bet."

*Stabbing continues*