FE11 coming out this Thursday on Wii U VC in Europe

Jave

As confirmed per today's Press Release. No info if America is getting it as well yet.

Also Ocarina of Time and Advance Wars 2.

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo, N64 VC) - €9.99/£8.99
Join legendary hero Link as he journeys across Hyrule, and even through time, to thwart the plans of Ganondorf. Wield incredible weapons and items, battle ferocious bosses, and solve brain-teasing puzzles, in this acclaimed chapter of the Zelda series. Whether you’re experiencing it for the first time or not, the original Nintendo 64 version is a treasure of gaming history; introducing ground-breaking new 3D visuals, plus a highly influential combat system and a captivating story. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a masterpiece!

This is the European version of the game with corrected aspect ratio. If you own this title on your Wii, perform a system transfer from your Wii to your Wii U to receive a special upgrade price.

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (Nintendo, DS VC) - €9.99/£8.99
Discover the origins of the Fire Emblem saga! As young hero Marth, you must reclaim your stolen homeland and save your sister from the evil forces of Medeus. Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon is an enhanced Nintendo DS remake of the original Fire Emblem for Famicom, previously released only in Japan. Assemble an army and plot your strategy in turn-based battles, taking into consideration the terrain, unit strengths and weaknesses, to defeat enemy forces. Become a hero, save the kingdom and your family’s future!

Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising (Nintendo, Nintendo, GBA VC) - €6.99/£6.29
The Black Hole Army is back in this storming sequel to the acclaimed strategy game. Enemy CO Sturm is leading a new invasion force, and it’ll take the combined might of all armies to stop him. Play as several COs from across the world, each with their own unique abilities and CO Powers that can turn the tide of battle. Advance Wars 2 also features new army units like the destructive Neotank, and missile silos for long-range warfare. Plus there is also a map designer for you to create your own battlegrounds, so let your imagination run wild!

LEGO Jurassic World (WB Games, available June 30) - €49.99/£34.99
Following the epic storylines of Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III, as well as the highly anticipated Jurassic World, LEGO Jurassic World is the first videogame where players will be able to relive and experience all four Jurassic films. Reimagined in LEGO form and told in TT Games’ signature classic LEGO humour, the thrilling adventure recreates unforgettable scenes and action sequences from the films, allowing fans to play through key moments and giving them the opportunity to fully explore the expansive grounds of Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna.

Roving Rogue (PadaOne Games) - €7.99/£7.19
Every story has a beginning. But this one starts at the end. You just killed the last boss. The only thing you remember is that you’ve lost your memory. Well, at least you’re still able to teleport yourself a few metres... Is that it? Play the role of Kurt and discover a fun, old-school 2D platform game with a multiplayer mode. Explore over 40 levels as you try to recall your memories and look for the way back to... well... wherever it is you came from. A story told backwards, full of twists and surprises. More than 40 levels that will challenge even the most experienced players. A multiplayer mode in which you can help your friends... or make their lives miserable. Classic pixel-art aesthetics that will take you back to the golden age of video games. Welcome to Roving Rogue!

Special offers

SDK Paint (Hullbreach Studios) - €3.39/£2.99 (Ends July 9, normally €4.49/£3.99)
Ittle Dew (Ludosity) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends July 30, normally €9.99/£8.99)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Shingeki no Kyojin: Humanity in Chains (Atlus) - €29.99/£34.99
For the first time ever, the hit series Shingeki no Kyojin comes to Europe on Nintendo 3DS. Take flight and eliminate all the Titans in Shingeki no Kyojin: Humanity in Chains. Join Eren, Mikasa, and the Scout Regiment as they defend the Walls in this enhanced version of a Shingeki no Kyojin game previously released only in Japan! Play as the main cast and interact with the characters that you know and love. However, living in a world filled with Titans means that you’ll have to fight to survive. Use your speed to control the omni-directional mobility gear and your brain to find opportunities to attack. If you can’t do it alone, recruit your friends and go Titan hunting through the online co-op mode. Don’t underestimate these Titans though—their behaviour is erratic and will require every ounce of ability from you as you make a last stand for the human race. As the footsteps of the Titans grow closer, will you hide in fear or become humanity’s last hope?

Bonus code for theme "SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN Theme" with each purchase.

Mighty Gunvolt (Inti Creates) - €3.49/£3.19
Get ready for a blast from the 8-bit past with the all-new 2D action/platforming game, MIGHTY GUNVOLT! A loving nod to the retro sidescrollers of the late '80s, MIGHTY GUNVOLT offers simple controls, cute & colourful graphics, a surprising amount of complexity and fun. Play as one of three characters: Gunvolt, the star of Azure Striker GUNVOLT, Ekoro, an angel from Japan's Gal*Gun series, or Beck, the hero of Mighty No. 9. Each character possesses unique skills that will allow players to keep challenging each stage in new creative ways!

You get a free download code for MIGHTY GUNVOLT for Nintendo 3DS if you purchase Azure Striker GUNVOLT from Nintendo eShop by 02/07/2015!

The Smurfs (Ubisoft) - €19.99/£17.99
Dive in for a memorable journey in the colorful comic book world of the Smurfs. Meet Papa Smurf, Smurfette, hefty Smurf and many more of your favorite Smurfs. But watch out, don’t let the villainous Gargamel and his cat Azrael catch you! Play and replay a fantastic collection of games for endless hours of fun. Collect resources and progress through an extraordinary and original story to help the Smurfs rebuild their village. Make your own unique Smurf village!

Paddington: Adventures in London (Amuman Interactive) - €29.99/£24.99
A bear in the city! The adventures of a very special bear. Help the inhabitants of London and become the perfect "Gentlebear". Make marmalade, dance along to the rhythm, catch pickpockets. Numerous missions await you! He has only just begun to get to know London.

Yakari: The Mystery of Four-Seasons (Anuman Interactive) - €29.99/£24.99
Step into shoes of your favourite hero in his new adventure! Head off on an adventure with Yakari to solve the Four Seasons mystery. Discover why winter came all of a sudden for Yakari and his tribe. Brave the elements in a universe full of colour. Your friend’s animals will accompany you throughout your adventure.

Mahjong 3D Warriors of the Emperor (Treva Entertainment) - €19.99/£17.99
As a powerful commander, enter the field of battle and conquer the Chinese Empire with some exciting Mahjong puzzles. Immerse yourself into the stunning 3D environment and experience a new dimension in board games. Solve over 160 tricky Mahjong puzzles, use special power-ups like Whirlwind or Earthquake to help you, and create and play an infinite number of puzzles in the level editor. Experience the thrilling and entertaining story!

Fantasy Pirates (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.99/£1.99
Join in the adventures of the pirate clan. Sail the seas in search of islands and forts with treasures. It is a world of fantasy where you will find unusual things like piggy boats, rare sea monsters and all types of strange objects. Keep both treasures and enemies in sight with 360 degrees circular navigation, a simple, yet very effective system. Another ability of your fantastic pirate ship is that it jumps and dives, which is very necessary to dodge or jump over obstacles and move forward in the adventure. The touch screen controls shooting, which means you will have intuitive and absolute precision. Try Adventure mode with a pyramid-shaped map where you choose both your path and the difficulty, fight with over 15 enemies simultaneously. Get special items, such as the 'super canon', which will give you total destruction power, devastating everything you find along the way, or the 'flea ship' Item, where you become as small as an elusive flea. Challenge your friends in 1-on-1 online mode to become the world's greatest pirate!

Karous -The Beast of Re:Eden- (CIRCLE Ent.) - €5.99/£4.79
Two sisters escape their fate as research subjects and fight to survive using aircrafts of war. Karous -The Beast of Re:Eden- is a 3D vertical shooting game. This game allows players to design their own aircraft by letting them choose which weapons and items they take with them into battle. The player's aircraft can use shields, different shots, bombs and swords. Each of these will level up the more they're used and increase in power. Additional weapons and items will unlock as the player progresses. Karous -The Beast of Re:Eden- features over 100 missions to complete along with a number of achievements in addition to boss battles. Unlike traditional shooting games, Karous' mission system gives the player the freedom to follow multiple paths which can lead to different endings.

Special offers

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (Capcom) - €13.99/£11.19 (Ends July 16, normally €24.99/£19.99)
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy (Capcom) - €22.49/£18.74 (Ends July 16, normally €29.99/£24.99)
Secrets of the Titanic 1912-2015 (Avanquest) - €2.99/£1.99 (Ends July 16, normally €10.99/£9.99)
Hotel Transylvania (Avanquest) - €4.99/£4.99 (Ends July 16, normally €19.99/£17.99)
Doodle Jump Adventures (Avanquest) - €4.99/£4.99 (Ends July 16, normally €24.99/£19.99)
Jewel Quest The Sapphire Dragons (MSL) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends July 30, normally €11.99/£10.79)
Jewel Quest Mysteries 3 - The Seventh Gate (MSL) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends July 30, normally €11.99/£10.79)
Mystery Case Files Return to Ravenhearst (MSL) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends July 30, normally €11.99/£10.79)
Mystery Case Files Ravenhearst (MSL) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends July 30, normally €11.99/£10.79)
Hidden Expedition Titanic (MSL) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends July 30, normally €11.99/£10.79)
Mystery Case Files Dire Grove (MSL) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends July 30, normally €11.99/£10.79)
4 Elements (MSL) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends July 30, normally €12.00/£10.79)
Luxor (MSL) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends July 30, normally €11.99/£10.79)
Jewel Quest 4 Heritage (MSL) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends July 30, normally €11.99/£10.79)
Secret Mysteries in London (MSL) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends July 30, normally €11.99/£10.79)
Azada (MSL) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends July 30, normally €11.99/£10.79)
Toy Stunt Bike (Wobbly Tooth) - €2.49/£2.25 (Ends July 30, normally €4.99/£4.49)
3D Game Collection (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.69 (Ends July 16, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Funfair Party Games (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.69 (Ends July 16, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Gardenscapes (Joindots) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends July 16, normally €7.99/£5.99)
Jewel Match 3 (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.99 (Ends July 16, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Safari Quest (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.99 (Ends July 16, normally €6.99/£4.99)
European Conqueror 3D (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99/£2.39 (Ends July 23, normally €3.99/£3.19)
The Legend of Dark Witch - Chronicle 2D ACT (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99/£2.39 (Ends July 23, normally €3.99/£3.19)
Football Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends July 30, normally €2.99/£2.36)
Tappingo (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends July 30, normally €2.99/£2.49)

This is awesome news... Ocarina of Time is my favourite Zelda game. I can't wait to play it again!

What? You expected me to be happy about Shadow Dragon's release? As if!

Edited by NinjaMonkey

What's the point of releasing OoT when it has a 3DS version now?

This is awesome news... Ocarina of Time is my favourite Zelda game. I can't wait to play it again!

Just buy the 3DS version of OoT then. It's a lot better since it has updated graphics and a Master Quest mode as well as a better menu and controls. Say good bye to the tediousness of having to constantly take the Iron Boots on and off via opening and closing a menu! You can do this by simply tapping a button on the touch screen now.

Edited by Anacybele

What's the point of releasing OoT when it has a 3DS version now?

Just buy the 3DS version of OoT then. It's a lot better since it has updated graphics and a Master Quest mode as well as a better menu and controls. Say good bye to the tediousness of having to constantly take the Iron Boots on and off via opening and closing a menu! You can do this by simply tapping a button on the touch screen now.

Nostalgia. Also a shitton cheaper.

Oh and good luck finding OoT 3D on a physical cart now. It's a pain in the ass. And OoT3D isn't one of those games you'd want sitting on your SD card.

Or perhaps they have a Wii U and not a 3DS. That's always a possibility.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

I never found opening the menu screen to be tedious. Oh, and I like the old-style N64 graphics. I find that they have a certain charm to them, that games today with their new-fangled HD graphics don't have .

Nostalgia. Also a shitton cheaper.

Oh and good luck finding OoT 3D on a physical cart now. It's a pain in the ass. And OoT3D isn't one of those games you'd want sitting on your SD card.

Or perhaps they have a Wii U and not a 3DS. That's always a possibility.

Yeah, but I'd still think that the people who WOULD buy OoT on the VC would be a small minority. But OoT 3D isn't easy to find? I have a hard time believing that given this game's popularity. I think I saw some used copies of it in GameStop recently too. I was looking for Kid Icarus: Uprising.

I never found opening the menu screen to be tedious. Oh, and I like the old-style N64 graphics. I find that they have a certain charm to them, that games today with their new-fangled HD graphics don't have .

I didn't say opening the menu itself, I mean having to repeatedly open and close the menu just to take the Iron Boots on and off. It's WAY less annoying in OoT 3D since the Iron Boots are no longer an equipment item, but an item that you set to one of the buttons. Just tap the button to take them on and off.

Also, I find Master Quest mode alone to be worth the extra money.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, but I'd still think that the people who WOULD buy OoT on the VC would be a small minority. But OoT 3D isn't easy to find? I have a hard time believing that given this game's popularity. I think I saw some used copies of it in GameStop recently too. I was looking for Kid Icarus: Uprising.

My bad, I meant new in box. Used games are always a crapshoot. My point about those not having a 3DS stands though.

My point, however, is...well, why do you care? Way I see it, it's another option. An arguably more nostalgic one, but an option all the same. But I digress, I'm pulling out of this OoT talk in a Shadow Dragon thread.

My bad, I meant new in box. Used games are always a crapshoot. My point about those not having a 3DS stands though.

My point, however, is...well, why do you care? Way I see it, it's another option. An arguably more nostalgic one, but an option all the same. But I digress, I'm pulling out of this OoT talk in a Shadow Dragon thread.

Well, I don't see how the 3DS version can't be nostalgic at all. I certainly felt some nostalgia the first time I played it.

And I'm just surprised that anyone would take the original version over the 3DS one, I suppose. And I think the 3DS one is way better, so I like to try convincing people to get it if they're looking to play OoT.

Also, OoT was mentioned in the OP, so it's part of the topic.

Edited by Anacybele

Congrats, Shadow Dragon. You can possibly be appreciated more now--and with a cheaper price!

I think 11 USD should be good enough for its second-party Nintedo price.

Though I was more surprised that the Attack on Titan series name didn't get EU localized.

And I'm just surprised that anyone would take the original version over the 3DS one, I suppose. And I think the 3DS one is way better, so I like to try convincing people to get it if they're looking to play OoT.

There are factors like money and what you put more stock in. Sure, the 3D one has better UI, updated graphics and music board and all that, but there are people who won't care for Master Quest or those updates, or they just have more fun with the original (and nostalgia). Also, GameStop... well... they charge ridiculously for pre-owned Nintendo games: http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3ds/89884. For some reason, new is better priced but it's still 40 USD as opposed to EU eShop VC OoT for about 11 USD.

3D is pretty much a direct port of N64 for the main game anyways (I followed a N64 guide and still got about all I basically needed) so if someone only cares about the main game and not so much on the updates, it's better to go with N64--if not for your wallet.

If I did still have my DS copy i'd get this again to show support.

Have fun with reclass shenanigans and H5 stuff! And Wendells silly stats

I'm actually quite psyched about this news. It's awesome that people will have more ways of accessing and playing the first Fire Emblem game, especially since delivering and finding physical copies of it won't be an issue now.

What? You expected me to be happy about Shadow Dragon's release? As if!

As immature and entitled as ever, I see.

If you hate Shadow Dragon that much, fine. But you don't need to go raining on the parade of people who actually do enjoy it and posting in a thread in the Shadow Dragon section just to hate on it, especially in the very first thread that announces its Wii U VC release.

Also, OoT was mentioned in the OP, so it's part of the topic.

yeah but it's in the shadow dragon forum, not other games, lol

stop talking about zelda you babies

and stop throwing shit around

Posted · Hidden by Integrity, June 30, 2015 - no
Hidden by Integrity, June 30, 2015 - no

i'm going to assume you were posting when i posted and let that slide.

Giving me 10 warning points is not "letting it slide"...

SQUEE--wait, only for Europe?! Well, Europe, I'm jealous of you right now! If this ever comes to the US, I'm buying it! And I hope this means more people will play it, no matter how "boring" it seems!

Huh, the Wii U has DS games now? That's just weird, I mean the 3DS can still play DS games, so it is capable of emulating the DS hardware just fine. Why try to fit a square piece into a round hole?

Edited by BrightBow

Huh, the Wii U has DS games now? That's just weird, I mean the 3DS can still play DS games, so it is capable of emulating the DS hardware just fine. Why try to fit a square piece into a round hole?

It has had DS games for a while now. It's just nobody cared because Wii U marketing is terrible.

At least the game is priced at 10 bucks.

You can set up the DS screens on the Wii U in multiple fashions, not just squeezing both screens on the Gamepad. You can play just the touch screen on the Gamepad while the top screen is on the TV, set up the Gamepad vertically (great for games that only use the touch screen), or have both DS screens side by side on the Gamepad (additionally you can enlarge one of the screens). It's a very complete (and impressive) emulation work.

Also, the 3DS technically doesn't "emulate" DS games. It runs them natively, which means that if Nintendo were to release DS games digitally on the 3DS, they would count as DSiWare games and save to the 3DS internal memory rather than the SD card (as evidenced by the Japanese release of Advance Wars: Days of Ruin).

It has had DS games for a while now. It's just nobody cared because Wii U marketing is terrible.

case in point: i've owned a wii u for >1 year and had no idea the wii u eshop had ds games