Did I read that right?

Honey Bunny

If you had a silent voice in the JP version of Awakening, the dialogue would differ slightly too. Nothing big though. They took it out in the Western version, and I kind of expect the same thing to happen again.

The same is applicable to Awakening. In Japanese, you get to pick how you refer to yourself (watashi/atashi/boku/ore), which also affects your formality (Using -san when referring to others or dropping the hinorific altogether, for example). Overall, the tone changes -- there's one option that makes you sound fairly sarcastic because of the vocals -- though Kamui says more or less the same things. It's nothing huge.

Edited by sforzur

Actually, that's not an addition; Awakening had that feature too.

Although I'm not really sure how Awakening's English release handled it.

Do all the voices lead to the same dialogue?

Oh yeah, I guess I can check the script dump XD

EDIT

Yeah... English Awakening only has one version of dialogue (per gender). The other two versions are left completely untranslated.

Edited by VincentASM

It may just be me being ignorant, but I dislike that there's only one option for being slightly more polite, and it results in using the "-san" honorific for people that (I think?) shouldn't have them, like Elise.