Online Multiplayer: Tournaments? Metagame?

Jedi

How would people feel about if there is enough interest and discussion. Piggybacking off Icy Toasts thread here

If we were to set up tournaments or like a semi competitive metagame around this concept? Like we usually make a meta around the LTC aspects, but how about this as well?

Thoughts?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think It'd be awesome! tournaments are something I feel like Fire Emblem always needed. Seeing as how Pokemon's metagame is acctually pretty hardcore I think it can be even more hardcore in Fire Emblem.

Not having the game how exactly does the P2P online multiplayer work. Especially since one path has the option to grind and the other does not.

Check the link in my OP.

Also I think we could have standardized rules as to even out the 3 routes for competitive balance, but I dno too much myself until I get the game when it comes out in the states.

Edited by Jedi

Check the link in my OP.

Also I think we could have standardized rules as to even out the 3 routes for competitive balance, but I dno too much myself until I get the game when it comes out in the states.

Rule No.1-No Kamui or Songtress Azura.

It would be plain broken.

I'm down for this, I just hope I can get Wi-Fi in the castle before the game is released in the west. I wish the castle wasn't in a giant whole.

All while Hoshido has the game and faster internet.

When do we ban Sorcerers. :smug:

I think it would be interesting to see how that plays out. It might take a while until a meta is established.

Haha, also yeah it'll probably be awhile, I just wanted to get the concept out there for a possibility.

Rule No.1-No Kamui or Songtress Azura.

It would be plain broken.

Haha, hold your horses :P. This will take much preparation and testing before bans!

Yeah that would be my concern is how to balance the three paths like have Nohr vs Nohr and Hoshido vs Hoshido. Sounds boring I know but unless there is grinding in the post game of Nohr or something then I don't see much of a way to balance it. One idea would be using teams that have only gotten up to Chapter "X". I do think there is alot of potential here though. Imagine doing draft tournaments having drafts of certain characters and then fighting against each others armies.

I know, like you said it is early, but I think DLc should be banned.That includes classes, skills etc..(And Amiibo)

Yeah that would be my concern is how to balance the three paths like have Nohr vs Nohr and Hoshido vs Hoshido. Sounds boring I know but unless there is grinding in the post game of Nohr or something then I don't see much of a way to balance it. One idea would be using teams that have only gotten up to Chapter "X". I do think there is alot of potential here though. Imagine doing draft tournaments having drafts of certain characters and then fighting against each others armies.

Well I think a no grind Hoshido vs a typical Nohr could work too.

Drafts idea, whoa thats a cool idea to add.

Edited by Jedi

Yeah I think drafts with competative P2P has some potential then you could really get a metagame going based on which units are the best ones to use particulary in a no grind run. Maybe even make a *looks around* tier list...

Yeah I think drafts with competative P2P has some potential then you could really get a metagame going based on which units are the best ones to use particulary in a no grind run. Maybe even make a *looks around* tier list...

Hmm, quite the interesting thought. I'll have to PM the peeps who like drafts about this.

Oh god a tier list.

This will be difficult with 50-60 characters.

Well another hard thing I just thought about would be all the possible children combinations since they have different modifiers and all.

Edited by LordTaco42

Oh god a tier list.

This will be difficult with 50-60 characters.

Let's not worry about a list yet haha.

shame on you Taco for scaring the guy :P

Well another hard thing I just thought about would be all the possible children combinations since they have different modifiers and all.

This will be even more difficult considering the amount of possibilities.Also consider he avatars Asset and Flaw also affect his/her children.

That is more then 1000 combinations.

Rule No. 2-No children.

Let's not worry about a list yet haha.

shame on you Taco for scaring the guy :P

Yeah that would be a monster to create. Also sawry Azz.

This will be even more difficult considering the amount of possibilities.Also consider he avatars Asset and Flaw also affect his/her children.

That is more then 1000 combinations.

Rule No. 2-No children.

Yeah I suppose you could do no kids I do think in Fates there are fewer of them anyway but I could be wrong...

Yeah that would be a monster to create. Also sawry Azz.

Yeah I suppose you could do no kids I do think in Fates there are fewer of them anyway but I could be wrong...

Iz okayI hate you

Actually, on Nohr and Hoshido, they have the same amount as Awakening but on 3rd Route, there is like 21.

I think we'd need to test battles before saying "No kids" or "No Kamui" etc, but seeing as I won't have the game for awhile. It'll be up to those who do have the game if they are interested to start off a meta of sorts.

Edited by Jedi

I think we'd need to test battles before saying "No kids" or "No Kamui" etc, but seeing as I won't have the game for awhile. It'll be up to those who do have the game if they are interested to start off a meta of sorts.

Yeah I mean I could understand why they would be banned but on the same hand it does seem kinda silly to completely prohibit a integral part of the game that involves planning, strategy, and skill/class sets. Especially with the draft idea kinda like literally building your own team from the ground up.

It'll take me awhile to draft up a concept for how this is all going to work I think, because it has to account for all the possible choices/etc.

Yet at the same time be mostly if not completely fair.

There's many options to do this too. You could have draft tournys and non-draft tournys. Additionally you could have difficulty restrictions as well. I think Hard Classic would be the go to fair option but thats just me.