30 Rare(ware) games for $1 each coming August 4th

Dual Dragons

On the XBox One (and hopefully Windows 10 when the linking finishes), Microsoft is releasing the Rare collection called Rare Replay on August 4th, 2015.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/rare-replay

It includes titles exclusive to Rare such as Battletoads, Banjo-Kazooie and its sequels, Jet Force Gemini, Viva Pinata, Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct, and more. Unfortunately it means the Donkey Kong Country games are out of the question, but you can get Conker's Bad Fur Day in its original N64 version (meaning, less censoring).

I don't have the XBox One but hopefully it's available to Windows 10 (though I'll need to look into how the linking works) via what a friend told me. I'll have my fingers crossed!

But for those that have XBox Ones, now you will be able to enjoy a collection of Rare games for a really cheap price!

but why not on wii u

and of course they would sell it for one dollar each...

well, it means Rare Games aint completely dead, which is nice

Edited by Dandragon

can you pick it apart for $1/game or is it just $30 collection for 30 games?

either way, neato and i kinda hope they get this to win10, i never got to play perfect dark or the banjo games

either way, neato and i kinda hope they get this to win10, i never got to play perfect dark or the banjo games

Perfect Dark is still one of my favorite shooters and one of my favorite games on the N64.

It has a golden eye like feel, but more sci-fi and the weapons are really cool. Plus female protagonist in a shooter back then was kinda Rare.

It has a golden eye like feel, but more sci-fi and the weapons are really cool. Plus female protagonist in a shooter back then was kinda Rare.

i haven't played any goldeneye either, lol

i haven't played any goldeneye either, lol

Haha, what about the Timesplitters trilogy which basically perfected the Golden Eye engine then? :P

but why not on wii u

and of course they would sell it for one dollar each...

well, it means Rare Games aint completely dead, which is nice

Microsoft still owns the Rare company, unfortunately. I wish it was on the Wii U just for the old feeling of Rare being associated with Nintendo.

I'm still new to how pricing should work. You still got Nintendo charging $5 for GBC games and Sony charging more than a $1 for any PSX game. I'm more surprised that Microsoft is pricing $1 for Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts and Viva Pinata--disregarding how well either did, of course.

Heard of Playtonic Games? Some of the original members made that company and are making a new platformer duo game (what my current avatar is based on). I'm hoping that goes well as well!

From how I'm seeing it, it's a whole collection on a disc and probably will be the same deal on digital. But I'll admit that if they just put the single games on the store, that would be really great!

Dude this is worth it just for Banjo Kazooie & Perfect Dark (iirc its called Perfect Dark", with the silly endquote?)

Dude this is worth it just for Banjo Kazooie & Perfect Dark (iirc its called Perfect Dark", with the silly endquote?)

No end quote lol