Kagerou is under appreciated.

So when I first saw Kagerou's design I thought that she looked really cool and i was expecting her to be fairly popular like so many other characters have become. However in the weeks leading up to the JP release i heard barely any talk about her. Even now the only real talk I hear about her is a quick mention on her good strength growths and thats about it.

Seems like im one of the rare people who actually likes her a lot, shes my second favourite female Hoshidan unit from an overall character and combat standpoint. Anyone else that actually likes her as well? (also any links to supports and other info would be appreciated).

post-16852-0-14109800-1435666413_thumb.png

She immediately caught my attention by being voiced by a certain Rieshon.

The fact that I totally can't associate her voice with Rieshon doesn't change anything

She's really awesome, for added trollness you can technically try to force Breaking Sky on her.

Otherwise ingame, she absolutely destroys everything, the fact that ninjas have cool animations (teleporting? disappearing in puffs of smoke? wowe) is added coolness.

As a character, she's a very nice and interesting one as well, being a cool professional of sorts, very uh..(describes)

Hohoho. I think I fangirled enough for now though.

People were going KAGEPRO in the stream as well, hohoho

Bit off tangent, but yes there is an armorslayer Shuriken which OBLITERATES Generals.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Even now the only real talk I hear about her is a quick mention on her good strength growths and thats about it.

Good? She has the best natural strength growth in the game, it's not just good. :P

But yeah I agree that she seems to be somewhat under appreciated. I want to see her supports with Ryoma personally.

Edited by capmalachi

I like her too. I was thinking of pairing her with Saizou or Suzukaze if I ended up marrying someone else.

I like her hairstyle, quite cool. As for her clothes, well... um.. ^_^;
She also has quite the Atk growth and NINJA! WOO~
She was also called Based Kagerou in Hama's stream too xD

Kagerou is my powerhouse and my most consistently useful unit. She leveled up in STR, SPD and RES almost every level and at 20/5 she had already capped them. With 1-2 range and her stat spread, mages are useless against her. Hidden weapons are just a naturally superior weapon type anyway, as 1-2 range in this game is important for consistently setting up Attack Stances, and there are so many enemy spellcasters that their weapon advantage is highly valuable.

also boob physics

Edited by gayserbeam

People were going KAGEPRO in the stream as well, hohoho

I didnt actually see the stream, im the kind of person that doesnt want to spoil themselve by watching actual game content at first, but then ends up breaking and reading up all the spoilers anyway. But yeah, on paper she seemed like one of the better units so not surprised she did well and im glad she got more positive responses.

Bit off tangent, but yes there is an armorslayer Shuriken which OBLITERATES Generals.

Wait, what!? That sounds Haxed as all hell. Even with that skill that negates doubling theyd still get one-shotted. Damnnnn

According to my calculations here she rams her Str cap as hard as Sain did in FE7: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55243

Also that strength mod; it's interesting how in this game 3 out of 4 of the people tied for the highest Str mod are girls. Fates girls lift!

She leveled up in STR, SPD and RES almost every level and at 20/5 she had already capped them.

Did you giver her energy drops? Even if she gained Str literally every level it wasn't capped, she can't reach her tier 2 cap by level 5.

Edit: or any of those stats for that matter...

Edited by Bovinian

Wait, what!? That sounds Haxed as all hell. Even with that skill that negates doubling theyd still get one-shotted. Damnnnn

It is a relatively early-game weapon, too, has decent might and confers no speed penalty. You could use literally only that on Kagerou for over half the game.

According to my calculations here she rams her Str cap as hard as Sain did in FE7: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55243

Also that strength cap; it's interesting how in this game 3 out of 4 of the people tied for the highest Str cap are girls. Fates girls lift!

Did you giver her energy drops? Even if she gained Str literally every level it wasn't capped, she can't reach her tier 2 cap by level 5.

Edit: or any of those stats for that matter...

Yes... she can. No energy drops. Her STR cap is only 29 as an Elite Ninja, and at level 5 she had 28 STR, 29 SPD, and 25 RES.

EDIT: Just realized her RES cap is 35. Good, regardless.

Edited by gayserbeam

Honestly im starting to see that shes even better as a unit that i thought. The combination of strength with ranged debuffing weapons is just sounding too good. Plus the resistance growths and weapon triangle advantage over tomes will let her laugh at any magic user in game. Which is good, i guess, but also kind of terrifying... Makes up for the disappointing growths im seeing in rinka, who i had high hopes for

The only problem im really seeing is her lack of skill but i can just make that my asset for kamui and pair her up with him. Or Ryouma. I havnt decided yet, it looks Rinkah may need some nohr only classes from kamui.

Yes... she can. No energy drops. Her STR cap is only 29 as an Elite Ninja, and at level 5 she had 28 STR, 29 SPD, and 25 RES.

EDIT: Just realized her RES cap is 35. Good, regardless.

Hmm...assuming those were raw stats not boosted by weapons/items/pairup or anything like that, that's odd...

I only came to that conclusion because even with her mods, her tier 1 caps and promotion bonuses are too low for that to happen. Maybe I'm forgetting about something.

I can't really judge her as a unit because I haven't played the game and I refuse watch streams or read most spoilers (I want to be surprised as much as possible), but in terms of design I honestly think she is kind of homely looking. She has a giant forehead and a weird looking hairstyle. I also really hate those blade things on the arm. At least she has a nice chest, I guess.

Her personality sounds okay, I suppose.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I appreciate that her outfit is pink (I love it when girls get pink outfits), but I feel like the orange scarf cape clashes with it too much. It should have been red.

Edited by Camilla

I like her hairstyle, quite cool. As for her clothes, well... um.. ^_^;

also boob physics

At least she has a nice chest, I guess.

Lemme just put a disclaimer up real quick:

Thing is, when i first saw her it was only the character icon that shows the face, nothing below the neck. I liked her because she looked cool, had no idea about her neck down design. That was just a little bonus that was pleasantly surprising.

Lemme just put a disclaimer up real quick:

Thing is, when i first saw her it was only the character icon that shows the face, nothing below the neck. I liked her because she looked cool, had no idea about her neck down design. That was just a little bonus that was pleasantly surprising.

Ok Ok. xD I understand.

Still, I like her hair :V

And since she's a ninja, she can get some awesome skills too :U

Edited by LoboKD001

Ok Ok. xD I understand.

Still, I like her hair :V

And since she's a ninja, she can get some awesome skills too :U

I like her hair a lot too. I dunno why... it just looks cool.

Also the ninja class lines seem to be the best, or at least one of the best, class lines in the hoshido path. Jonin or ppupeteer, im really not sure which class i want top promote her too. One question tho, can snake venom kill a unit or will it leave them with 1 hp?

Kagerous is a Mamui Berserker receiving candidate

90% str growth as berserker is too hilarious not to

I'm really tempted to do that, but im leaning more towards just pairing her with ryouma and getting vantage. I feel like rinkah needs the extra classes from Mamui more. Based on your profile pic im assuming you know where im coming form when i say that.

Kagerou is fucking cool man. I love her to bits. She's really calm and always reliable, but she isn't like overly serious or anything; she's human. She does sometimes go deadpan on you though, like during the Amie sessions. She's definitely one of my top 5 favourite Hoshido characters.

Oh and jiggle physics.

Her Strength makes Rinka cry herself to sleep, but honestly I would have liked her to be a bit faster...

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

She's definitely one of my top 5 favourite Hoshido characters.

If we're talking top 5 hoshidan characters, then she ranks pretty damn high on my list (granted, i havnt played the game yet and have avoided watching any gameplay. I have, however, looked at a lot of class sets and growths and no a decent amount on what each character s lke).

1. Ryouma. Hes an absoloute beast. Nice growths, his weapon is godly and his class is one of my personal favourites.

2. Hinoka. Shes just one of those characters I liked from the start. She's tough but still cares for her friends and family a lot which is nice. Also i like how she decided to become a warrior despite the expectations of a princes. She would be my 3rd favourite, but i turns out shes born the same day as me, so she gets bumped up. Cos bias.

3. Kagerou. Just look at everything in this thread.

4. Rinkah. The only thing i dont like about her is her growths. I'll still find a way to make her one of my best units tho.

5. Suzukaze. I dont think this choice needs explaining.

I'm really tempted to do that, but im leaning more towards just pairing her with ryouma and getting vantage. I feel like rinkah needs the extra classes from Mamui more. Based on your profile pic im assuming you know where im coming form when i say that.

There's a couple of Rinka-improvement sets that people have suggested up in another thread. I'm definitely doing the Berserker one on one run, but there was also a Samurai-Lancer (through Ryouma or Hinata S and Oboro A+) set that sounded pretty tempting.

Not doing just one run.