On the topic of gay marriage as a new addition.

The Royal Red

Okay so I was suspicious to know, it has been stated that each story path will recieve one homosexual team mate. At least, this is what I've heard.

My question is, does anyone have the foggiest clue about who the teamates avaliable for this are? Or was I misinformed?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zero on the Nohr side, and Shara (child character, essentially Tharja) on the Hoshido side.

And no, you can't have gaybies. If you choose a homosexual option, you will not have children.

Edited by Tigerpanda13

You are correct, there is one bisexual person per route.

These are:

Zero(Exclusive to Conquest/Nohr)and Shallya/Shara, a child unit(Exclusive to Birthright/Hoshido).

Zero is male and Shara is female.

Both will be available on the 3rd route.(Also note, no children will be available if you decide to marry one of the two as a same sex couple which is stupid)

Wait, what? I was told you adopt.

It's only in the form of the epilogue.It mentions you adopt at the end of the game.

It's only in the form of the epilogue.It mentions you adopt at the end of the game.

Wow, okay that's fucking obnoxious.

Guess I'm not banging Zero this playthrough then.

I'm reminded of Solid Snake and Otacon.

"Best friends", live together, eventually adopt a child.

The difference is Kamui and Zero are open about their sexuality.

Edited by Soapbar

forgive me for being ignorant, but how would a same sex couple reproduce, when its simply not possible?

sure adoption is a thing, but it wouldn't make sense with the whole 'character inheritance" thing, maybe if it was like replacement children in 4

Adoption, magic, and outside assistance are all possibilities. And being transgender, for that matter.

forgive me for being ignorant, but how would a same sex couple reproduce, when its simply not possible?

sure adoption is a thing, but it wouldn't make sense with the whole 'character inheritance" thing, maybe if it was like replacement children in 4

A parent teaching their child to fight makes a lot more sense than the child just inheriting their parent's fighting abilities via genetics, anyway.

The issue is that the Avatar's unique child

shares the Avatar's class and can use dragonstones

, so if the child wasn't actually blood related it wouldn't make sense. What does irk me is that you still can't get Zero's child even though you explicity adopted them. By making Kamui gay you are punished with the penalty of two unique chatacters. That's upsetting, even if it is canonically justified.

Edited by gayserbeam

Adoption, magic, and outside assistance are all possibilities. And being transgender, for that matter.

makes sense, it is a fantasy videogame i suppose

The adoptee may just not receive Inheritance at all

that would make more sense

A parent teaching their child to fight makes a lot more sense than the child just inheriting their parent's fighting abilities via genetics, anyway.

genetics are pretty impotent as well, there is no arguement for that, but being tough how to fight can help, assuming the child has the body and mind for it.

To be honest, I think it would have made sense if you could at least get Eponine.

I mean, she looks completely different from Zero, minus the hair colour.

To be honest, I think it would have made sense if you could at least get Eponine.

I mean, she looks completely different from Zero, minus the hair colour.

i have to disagree, the adopted child should be someone completely different.

just because it doesn't make sense to have the exact same girl exist as a birth form or an adoption form, besides it means another new character and thats always good for fire emblem

The main character can turn in to a dragon. Realism went out the window a long time ago.

while true, games tend to always make sure that there is some realism in them.

which is why my vore fetish will never ever be in fire emblem, much to my dismay

We're talking about a game where the kids are born in an alternate dimension castle and as a result have magically accelerated aging, all to give people the playable kids they wanted. I'm pretty sure magically assisted surrogate parenting would be a perfectly reasonable extension of a feature that's already completely magic fanservice in the first place.

We're talking about a game where the kids are born in an alternate dimension castle and as a result have magically accelerated aging, all to give people the playable kids they wanted. I'm pretty sure magically assisted surrogate parenting would be a perfectly reasonable extension of a feature that's already completely magic fanservice in the first place.

long as i get my fetish i'm happy with whatever.

Why exactly are we comparing fetishes to same-sex romance?

Let's be honest here, do you really think it was put in for the actual homosexual players?

You would have to stop for a moment and realize how little that actually is.

It was put in for yaoi/yuri fans. It's literally fetishized.

Let's be honest here, do you really think it was put in for the actual homosexual players?

Uh, yes? Especially when they outright claimed that's why they added it?

It's not some outrageous notion, and I don't know where you're getting this idea about the number of non-straight players being small. I can believe it may have been motivated by fetishism instead, but it's a pretty shitty possibility if so and raises a whole bunch of other complaints.

They would've gone much further (i.e. make gay options accessible for more, if not all, units) if they wanted to fetishize it for the straight, perverse players.