On the topic of gay marriage as a new addition.

The Royal Red

I think there are other reasons your fetish won't be in the game.

The main reason being that homosexuality, while fetishized to many, is many other's identity.

It's not just a fetish to us. We don't exist to satisfy other people's fantasies. It's pretty rude to imply that homosexuality is nothing more than a fetish, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're just ignorant and not ill-intentioned

Even though it was a big step to have same-sex marriage in the game, it seems that being seen as real people and regular members of society is still a ways to go if same-sex couples can't have kids and people are okay with it because it "isn't biologically possible" in a game where people turn into dragons and create fire from thin air.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They would've gone much further (i.e. make gay options accessible for more, if not all, units) if they wanted to fetishize it for the straight, perverse players.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

They probably only realized in the middle of development that this might score them points in the oversea market, so they didn't have the time and resources to squeeze in more then what we got. At least I would like to believe that.

Edited by BrightBow

Not the time and resources? They just add a 2 S rank support and 2 epilogues, they already made the system so that S rank work for same sex romance, without children they only need to add a S rank support and epilogue for each new option.

I believe that they didn't have egnouh resources to create children for gay relationship, but I'm sure they add egnouh to add a few more option.

Since the epilogue specifically says that Zero and Kamui adopted kids identical to Kanna and Eponine after the game I assume they just didn't want the hassle of creating unique models and supports for the adopted versions of them, which is fair enough.

Also, it sort of defeats the purpose of adoption if you just stick them in a time-chamber for someone else to raise.

Edited by EJ107

Since the epilogue specifically says that Zero and Kamui adopted kids identical to Kanna and Eponine after the game I assume they just didn't want the hassle of creating unique models and supports for the adopted versions of them, which is fair enough.

Also, it sort of defeats the purpose of adoption if you just stick them in a time-chamber for someone else to raise.

But it doesn't defeat the purpose of having children because...?

Also which models would that be? You're thinking they should've created new characters to be adopted? I don't get the special treatment.

Really, all they had to do was put in Kanna and Eponine, and instead of them being biological children, they were adopted. (Or conceived magically or through a surrogate mother, I don't care). If this is like Awakening the supports are also the same for the parents, with very few lines changing. There's really no excuse.

I also don't get how people think it'd be OUTRAGEOUS if Kanna was adopted because (s)he is also a half-dragon and "what are the chances"??

Well, I guess the same chances as finding Nowi, Fa, Myrrh... except this time they were kids. and you adopted them. I mean, considering Kanna still looks a lot like a kid, (I don't know their actual age) you could probably just adopt them at that age and skip the time chamber BS.

If they create them for us and could not finish them what are the chance that they add them for the overseas version, they will change things (like the "companion" things between cousin) so why not add them.

Let's be honest here, do you really think it was put in for the actual homosexual players?

You would have to stop for a moment and realize how little that actually is.

It was put in for yaoi/yuri fans. It's literally fetishized.

orig-12435871.jpg

Gods, can one day go by without me reading something disgusting on this site? Now i know why that one user nuked her account. Sheesh. :facepalm:

Its a pity you cant get at least Eponine by S ranking Zero. I was kinda looking forward to her being recruitable, and then pairing her with Foleo. Kanna, i could live without on Gay Run. Alas...But im very grateful i have the option to S support Zero and Shara, despite the fact ill likely never marry Shara. Why? Second gen characters are off limits for me by default.

But it doesn't defeat the purpose of having children because...?

Also which models would that be? You're thinking they should've created new characters to be adopted? I don't get the special treatment.

Really, all they had to do was put in Kanna and Eponine, and instead of them being biological children, they were adopted. (Or conceived magically or through a surrogate mother, I don't care). If this is like Awakening the supports are also the same for the parents, with very few lines changing. There's really no excuse.

I also don't get how people think it'd be OUTRAGEOUS if Kanna was adopted because (s)he is also a half-dragon and "what are the chances"??

Well, I guess the same chances as finding Nowi, Fa, Myrrh... except this time they were kids. and you adopted them. I mean, considering Kanna still looks a lot like a kid, (I don't know their actual age) you could probably just adopt them at that age and skip the time chamber BS.

I agree with this.

Putting in the children really wouldn't be much work at all, and I'm kinda sad they aren't there. They already had all the options for hair colour/inheritance anyways through Femui/Zero and Mamui/Shara, so the only really "new" thing they'd need to add are the generic parent/child-supports.

And it's even weirder when you consider that adoption actually takes place in the epilogue - so why not in the actual game?

If they create them for us and could not finish them what are the chance that they add them for the overseas version, they will change things (like the "companion" things between cousin) so why not add them.

I'm still hoping for this, as unlikely as it might be. And maybe with a second homo option for each version of Kamui as well?

One can always dream, I guess.

Mamui/Cyrus as additional gay option pls, I'm totally shipping this pairing.

I doubt there will a second option at all. Its a miracle that there were even any to begin with or change a character into another option for that matter. Also I rather not have them play Mr.Potato-Head with this game over seas anymore than they already will. This game is going to get butchered I can feel it. :P

It really wouldn't be much work to add more options in the localization. Just take the A support of a same-sex character and just slap on the opposite sex's confession scene as an S-level, maybe changing some pronouns around. Bam, two or more gay options. They won't do it, but they could, and it would take no effort, and straight people wouldn't care, but honestly? Me and plenty of other people would love it.

And seeing how much positive press the two options we already have got, the upgrade would certainly be worth the exposure.

Edited by gayserbeam

I will stay hoping for when I can legit ship Maumi x Joker and Femui x Felicia.

It honestly doesn't make sense you can't get children considering both 'magic' and surrogacy-the more valid of the two options. They could have both had surrogates, which solves the whole issue of 'inheritance', because they would biologically Kamui's and Zero's child respectively. I mean honestly. Very dissapointed you can't get the kids---but I don't like F!Kanna anyways. Too bad you can't get M!Kanna as male Kamui. Just silly.

I guess you right(Even if I prefer adoption because taking a teenager as a son is better than "they grew up in another dimension")Science already knows how they could make babies from a same sex couple, so magic could do the same in FE.

I wish they add a few option for the west and that they add same sex S rank between characters(who already have a A rank support) who are not Kamui(because that would be strange if all the same sex romance was always between Kamui and someone else). For exemple, they could make Ryoma and Marx as options for male Kamui and also make a S rank between them.

Maybe, they will add some if people ask, between the tomodachi life scandal , gay marriage for the US and the fact that you can only be gay in nohr or the DLC path but not Hoshido,

If people complain they may add them.

Edited by exizel

Adoption really just doesn't work well in this game given the context of how the children come to be, also I'm sure homo fans care more for the relationship rather than children itself.

Adoption really just doesn't work well in this game given the context of how the children come to be, also I'm sure homo fans care more for the relationship rather than children itself.

It's not so much the children themselves as gameplay parity. No one would care about a lack of playable kids for same-sex pairings if the same was true for opposite-sex pairings, but it's hard for me to get as excited about the option of marrying another guy when it'd mean missing out on two playable characters.

And again, even the kids that are already available only show up through 100% contrived convenient magic. It's not too much to ask for them to adopt a kid and bring them into the castle dimension to grow up, or to get help from a surrogate, maybe with some sort of spell so the kids get the genetics of both of them rather than just one. If they can do what they've already done just to bring in the playable kids feature people like, they can do that much more to extend it equally to same-sex couples.

oR4GEkQ.png

I love this game already

that being said the choices of who you can gay marry (thanks for verbing that colbert) are extremely questionable lol

the selection is ridiculous

and adoption really shouldn't be that hard...

Adopting a kid just to drop them into another dimension and having them wait decade or however long just to have them grow up is completely missing the point of adoption (which is treating another kid not blood-related to you as if they were by living and spending time with them.). There isn't a time skip between the beginning and the ending anyway (why the rush to adopt kids? To have them fight? Bad bad thing they are implying there.), might as well just adopt kid after the whole thing is over which is something that exactly Kamui and Zero did. As for magic babies and other stuffs, too much complicated things for the series to dive into. Homo can't have kids, this is a shortcoming that they will have to deal with.

A reasonable way is of course through the FE4 way...

Edited by Awakener_

I just think it means we can expect a more diverse cast in the future. Hell, Foleo could easily be re-written as a character to being transgendered and ten bucks says that the american audience would love the shit out of it, the best part? No one would notice unless they were in the loop about how he was characterized in the Japanese version. Either way, I think/hope IS is willing to take more risks now that the fandom is not as small which means adding characters that could have been a bit more controversial ( I guess? in Japan at least)

which is why my vore fetish will never ever be in fire emblem, much to my dismay

Ho, shit. I ain't alone.

Adopting a kid just to drop them into another dimension and having them wait decade or however long just to have them grow up is completely missing the point of adoption (which is treating another kid not blood-related to you as if they were by living and spending time with them.). There isn't a time skip between the beginning and the ending anyway (why the rush to adopt kids? To have them fight? Bad bad thing they are implying there.), might as well just adopt kid after the whole thing is over which is something that exactly Kamui and Zero did. As for magic babies and other stuffs, too much complicated things for the series to dive into. Homo can't have kids, this is a shortcoming that they will have to deal with.

A reasonable way is of course through the FE4 way...

shush you're making too much sense

[spoiler=kind of sidenote I guess?]although, not sure why you're referring to stuff as "homo" tho that's kind of like

y'know

generally derogatory

[spoiler=oxford dict., just in case]homo | ˈhōˌmō | offensive

noun (pl. homos)

a homosexual man.

adjective

homosexual.

just in case you didn't know

I just think it means we can expect a more diverse cast in the future. Hell, Foleo could easily be re-written as a character to being transgendered and ten bucks says that the american audience would love the shit out of it, the best part? No one would notice unless they were in the loop about how he was characterized in the Japanese version. Either way, I think/hope IS is willing to take more risks now that the fandom is not as small which means adding characters that could have been a bit more controversial ( I guess? in Japan at least)

Ho, shit. I ain't alone.

I honestly don't get putting transgender in video game, they wanna be that opposite sex right? Might just grant them their wish and be that sex they want instead of she-boy or he-girl so we can annoy those "why I can't be this X or Y" annoying drama. I do find Nintendo saying that they are being inclusive with Fates really funny though, the fact they prioritized sexually over racial diversity is really just them trying to save their ass from another backlash like Tomodachi's. My colored friends still waiting for that skin tone options.

^im too lazy to type out the whole thing, so I just shorten it to homo like I do with hetero.

Edited by Awakener_

Nothing about the children mechanic makes sense. It doesn't matter how many things about a proposed fix won't make sense either.

And yeah on top of the whole shitty connotations behind how you're using "homo", the fact that you're saying "they" seems to indicate that you're viewing non-straight people as this distant faction rather than actually being among the people right here arguing about this.

Nothing about the children mechanic makes sense. It doesn't matter how many things about a proposed fix won't make sense either.

And yeah on top of the whole shitty connotations behind how you're using "homo", the fact that you're saying "they" seems to indicate that you're viewing non-straight people as this distant faction rather than actually being among the people right here arguing about this.

I'm hetero (fully embraced 2D girl) of course I'm not among the LGBT group just as I will view anyone who's not my family as "distance faction". Yes there must alway be a "shitty connotations" behind when people use anything right? Like "chink" or "nigg*r"? I say these quite casually a bit when around my fellow Chinese or Black friends. I called people "faggot" when they are being nuisance too.

Some things just can't be taught. Some people just are genetically gifted. And in order to have a birth you need a man and a woman.

But this is looking at it from a realistic standpoint. It wouldn't really be a huge deal if this was overlooked for 2 pairings. The Likely problem is simply the variables and mechanics involved. Because of the limitless support combinations and large roster every child is linked to a man. But the children themselves draw their hair color from their other parent. With only 2 homosexual options, they would have to alter the entire mechanic itself, made even more troublesome by the fact that Zero himself can have a child.

Or the truth is that IS is just catering to the Yaoi/Yuri fanbases which also makes sense considering the temperaments of the chosen bisexual characters. In the end it's more focused on the attraction of the racy relationship than any sort of romance and familial bonds.