HIBIKE EUPHONIUM

Roxas

I decided to ignore this show because I thought it'd just be K-On! with band instruments.

I take it it's actually worth a shot?

YES

I decided to ignore this show because I thought it'd just be K-On! with band instruments.

I take it it's actually worth a shot?

The beginning is slow for everyone only because they're trying to make sense of it as K-On with horns.

But once you get over it it's so much better.

ALSO DA ANAMASHUNZ

The beginning is slow for everyone only because they're trying to make sense of it as K-On with horns.

But once you get over it it's so much better.

ALSO DA ANAMASHUNZ

I actually found the beginning really good in getting you to relate to Reina and as a setup for the other chars as well. The ending of episode 3 is amongst the best moments in the show.

I thought that it started out slow, became decent and then ended too abruptly.

They spent almost the entire show practicing for their performance to try to get the gold and go to nationals, yet we only get one rushed episode of said performance? They should have wasted a bit less time fleshing out all of the band drama and gave the actual performance more importance.

6/10

is this the new K-ON season

It's nothing like K-ON unfortunately

Edited by Camilla

yet we only get one rushed episode of said performance?

Speaking as someone who actually participated in high school band for four years, these performances are not long. Ten minutes at most. I would say that part was given its due attention. Edited by Red Fox of Fire

pshh. Nodame Cantabile was the best though. They literally got away with playing Rach 2 for fifteen minutes.

• 7 years later...
On 7/2/2015 at 5:58 AM, Camilla said:

They spent almost the entire show practicing for their performance to try to get the gold and go to nationals, yet we only get one rushed episode of said performance? They should have wasted a bit less time fleshing out all of the band drama and gave the actual performance more importance.

I know this is extremely late, but in Hibike's defense, the show focuses less on the music itself and more on the characters themselves as well as how they develop as the story progresses.

If you want to see Kitauji's very fleshed out performance of the Crescent Moon Dance Piece, then you should watch the Season 2 of the anime. You will get to hear the full version of the piece in that season and the story arcs are the best in that season in my opinion. But since this thread is like 7 or 8 years ago, you probably have already watched it by now. If not, then I suggest that you watch the Second Season and see what you think of it. 

Edited by Nozomi Kasaki