(Poll) The Language of Love.

Obscurité

What's do you think is the language of love..??  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Spanish
    • French
    • Italian
    • Portuguese
    • Romanian
    • Japanese is the sexiest
    • German (Due to popular demand)

So I have some French friends who think that Spanish is the Language of love while I have some Mexican family who think French is the language of love and I personally think Italian is the language of love. I'd love to see what you guys have to say!

(Threw in Japanese for kicks as well as German)

Edited by Obscurité

Portuguese

no other language can produce something as romantic as "tava no fluxo, avistei a novinha no grau. sabe o que ela quer? pau. pau. pau, ela quer pau. pau, ela quer pau."

But really, i don't really associate any language as the language of love.

Edited by Nobody

@Nobody

huehuebrs will conquer the world like the Swarm from Starcraft, I know it.

Anyway, I think French is the most pleasant sounding of the listed languages. I hate spanish with passion, it sounds like a distorted, alternative universe version of portuguese. Portuguese, on the other hand, sounds ordinary to me, obviously this is biased because it is my main language.

Italian comes in second. It's the language of Shiza Zeppeli, after all.

I would say Italian... French would be the language of diplomacy. >.<

Since Charles Quint said something like this: "I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men and German to my horse."

German was known as the language of industry.

French was known as the language of diplomacy.

English was known as the language of business.

Spanish was known as the language of passion.

Italian was known as the language of love.

Edited by Naughx

French is kinda know for being ''romantic'' or ''poetic''.

But for me, Japenese seems to be THE language for love (or maybe it's because I don't understand a single thing).

This thread is really more about modern cultural stereotypes than anything. Like, today everyone thinks German is ugly, but that's just because most people's only exposure to the language is angry movie Nazis. So of course it can't be on this list, even though it was once considered a very soft language. Meanwhile French is supposedly absolutely beautiful, and, while I have heard perfectly pleasant French, the ugliest sounds classified as "speech" I have ever heard have come from Frenchmen. Of course, all this ignores the great range in dialects in most languages, too. Castillian Spanish is not Colombian Spanish.

In the end, any language can get anything done about equally well depending on the speaker and their tone. Especially if you, you know, speak the language. The meaning starts to trump the sound pretty quickly once you understand the language.

(Fun and somewhat relevant fact: the Irish [as in Gaeilge, not Oirish] term for "sleeping together" is "slapping skin." Depending on your preferred form of love, that might be a language worth considering..)

Any language when spoken by a woman.

Japanese earns bonus points because women not only have a different accent but also use different, cuter words. Atashi FTW.

Edited by Cerberus87

I really like the sound of Italian.

But really, Chinese works really well when you want really poetic shit. None of the languages I'm fluent or even half-fluent in can really match Chinese (not that I know that many) but like, Chinese is a really fucking great language for basically everything

French sounds the best to me. But, my boyfriend and I are reasonably fluent in Japanese, so we like to do personal talk in public in that language so that no one else understands.....

And it's very interesting listening to the guesses of curious strangers as to what language we're speaking in. Since we're both white, no one ever guesses Japanese unless they know some of it. We get Russian, Polish or Greek quite a lot.

After Russian, Arabic, and English I'd go German. But that's likely due to me not liking the Romantic languages anyway. Also no Latin? I mean what is sexier than entering your Girlfriend's bedchambers and declaring "Veni, Vidi, Vici."