"The Light That Shines in the Dark" - Nohr Story Discussion

Thane

I admit that I've never played RD, so maybe its different in context, but the RD blood pact has always seemed dumb to me from what I've heard….

I also agree that this crystal ball thing sound a bit stupid, inasmuch as its overly convenient (and then just as convenient to the plot that it gets destroyed)… but I'm never one who focuses that much on the story…. I've played Awakening nine times, and in most of those I skipped most cutscenes except for a few favorites. And I admit that Awakening has a really weak or mediocre plot…. but the game still entertained me, so that's what really mattered.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wooooow. So Nohr side was shitted on to make Hosido story better. Kamui an idiot, the story seem really, really stupid, I am pissed they did that to Nohr I know Japan dislike not being on top in jrpgs but damn did they have to butcher the story like that. Well I am still going to play Nohr first and maybe Hosido but after the third path witch seem like were the Nohr siblings really shine. I still can't believe IS shited on Nohr story so is Nohr and Awakening story about the same or is Awakening story still better. Sorry if I offended any person(s) Asian or from Japan.

It's relevant because it explains why Kamui believes that Marx wouldn't turn against Garon until he was ready to expose that it wasn't really Garon with solid proof, rather than making such a big accusation without any proof. The only thing that Marx does before seeing that it wasn't Garon at all was agreeing to open a door that was supposed to remain locked. Even so, Marx warns that he'd consider Kamui an enemy and turn the army against him if it turned out to be a lie.

I see this as a good reason but if this is true, I feel that this was poorly executed in the story.

So, by siding with Nohr, you essentially play the story as if "Camus" and the kingdom he's aligned with was the protagonists of the story?

That's... actually rather interesting, and to my liking. I think my hype levels got an increase.

By this point, I'm convinced the Conquest Path would have worked better with Corrin being an enthusiastic conquerer.

Exactly. When I first heard about the Conquest route, I thought this was what it would be like, that Kamui would slowly turn evil and become a conquerer.

What the route showed instead was Kamui still wanting to stop the invasion but doesn't do a single thing but listen Garon's every whim until almost the very end... Disappointing.

Edited by Yuina

It's relevant because it explains why Kamui believes that Marx wouldn't turn against Garon until he was ready to expose that it wasn't really Garon with solid proof, rather than making such a big accusation without any proof. The only thing that Marx does before seeing that it wasn't Garon at all was agreeing to open a door that was supposed to remain locked. Even so, Marx warns that he'd consider Kamui an enemy and turn the army against him if it turned out to be a lie.

To add to this, what is is one of the main themes of this story? Family. What is one of the things the countries these two are based on share in common? Strict ties to family and loyalty. Also, the supports are always extremely relevant. How often do you see any real character dev outside of the supports? Almost never unless it's the antagonist or the Lord Character. If you want to say anything about them being his siblings and thus extremely important? Lissa got next to no character dev in the story. Marth's sister was basically just a plot device until Mystery of the Emblem. Hell, tons of characters that were related to major FE characters did little other than add to another character's development and in some cases to give a weapon. It's not exactly a rare thing.

To add to this, what is is one of the main themes of this story? Family. What is one of the things the countries these two are based on share in common? Strict ties to family and loyalty. Also, the supports are always extremely relevant. How often do you see any real character dev outside of the supports? Almost never unless it's the antagonist or the Lord Character. If you want to say anything about them being his siblings and thus extremely important? Lissa got next to no character dev in the story. Marth's sister was basically just a plot device until Mystery of the Emblem. Hell, tons of characters that were related to major FE characters did little other than add to another character's development and in some cases to give a weapon. It's not exactly a rare thing.

I'd argue that Marth's sister was a plot device in Mystery of the Emblem as well, but otherwise I agree fully.

Is it possible for the localization to make the Nohr story a little better or make some sense?

I mean like they did fix that stupid reason the Black Knight gave to Ike of why he lost to him.

I doubt it. While some dialogue might be better presented in the localization, the fundamental story is very, very flawed, and that won't change no matter how good the localization is.

I believe Kirokan agreed with me on that point, otherwise I wouldn't make such a bol claim with my limited Japanese.