Soleil/M!Kamui's Supports are almost offensive

EJ107

To me it's like they "cured" her lesbian feelings which is just plain offensive as it isn't a disease nor does someone being gay or lesbian make them sick.

I'm already annoyed that the only gay and lesbian options are 2 crazy heads.

To be fair to Zero at least, he's only crazy/nasty to higher ups he doesn't respect. He's actually pretty sweet in his supports, if a bit risque.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Woooow.

​To think that Kamui is meant to represent the player, even.

​Just...holy shit, wow. Inexcusable.

​Really hope this gets destroyed in localisation. One of the few things I can say that with complete conviction about.

^
^
Oh trust me even as a straight man at the time I found those two options were absolutely ludicrous although apparently the supports weren't half bad but yes someone like Soleil would be a better choice even though its more bisexual than straight up gay as the official two options can be romanced by either gender.

As Jedi stated as well Zero is such a bad fellow.

Edited by Iron Griffin

Well on the plus side this will probably get changed up for the localized version. I didn't hate the support necessarily, in some ways Kamui was being thoughtful towards Soleil, IS just could've gone about it in a much better way. Though I never really planned on reaching an S support with Soleil as Male Kamui anyways so I guess I'm in the clear. Chances are I'll mostly be playing a Female Kamui.

This 100%. I REALLY doubt the localization teams will let this slip through the cracks. Here's to hoping this mess will be fixed.

I'm pretty sure that there's a law against this somewhere

Like, everywhere. This is literally date rape. This is disgusting. IS has crossed far too many lines with this game.

I don't usually like censoring in games because I think there's no point; even if it's a bad thing, it was already there in the original game, and the damage has been done and translators shouldn't pretend that it never happened. But this is the one thing I hope they do censor.

... The bloody hell? This is the support with Male Kamui and Soleil?

I... I don't know what to say to that. That's just... wow.

I have yet to recruit Soleil, but... yeah. I'm not having her supporting my Male Kamui.

Localisation team, please, change the whole support with Soleil and Male Kamui, please...

I am probably dropping a bomb here, but... I don't really see the problem? Yes, giving your friends drugs are a big NO-NO, but at least Kamui didn't have nefarious purposes and seemed genuinely apologetic afterwards. Most of what I've seen in this thread are general outbursts rather than concrete explanations, hence my question.

It's also really weird that they'd make a female character that likes cute girls (even going so far as to pretty much sexually harass Foleo in Soleil's and Foleo's support) but have them not be romancable (I know that's not a word shut up) by female players or even other female characters.

It's also really weird that they'd make a female character that likes cute girls (even going so far as to pretty much sexually harass Foleo in Soleil's and Foleo's support) but have them not be romancable (I know that's not a word shut up) by female players or even other female characters.

It's a very questionable decision, and I've been quite the defender of a few things this game has decided to do. Other then like skinship.

This is just.. very ;///////////

"Kamui: I managed to get my hands on a kind of magic powder… I’m really sorry, but a little while ago, I poured some of it into your drink. The person who drinks that powder… somehow becomes able to see other people as the gender opposite what they actually are!"

I lol'd.

It's so ridiculous that I almost suspect it to be the plot twist in a fanfiction writen by a thirteen year old on fanfiction.net.

I honestly didn't find it offensive, though.

It's just really ridiculous.

It does bring something to my attention though:

Why ISN'T Soleil the lesbian option? That makes no sense. I don't give a shit about the Tharja clone.

I have a theory about that, but I need to se more of her supports or else im gonna sound like an idiot.

To me it's like they "cured" her lesbian feelings which is just plain offensive as it isn't a disease nor does someone being gay or lesbian make them sick.

I'm already annoyed that the only gay and lesbian options are 2 crazy heads.

Between that and Shara refering to her feelings for Femui as "disgusting" I think it's pretty clear what the writers think of homosexuals.

Edit: Not to mention missing out on 1-2 characters for having the nerve of choosing a gay S support.

Edited by Edaleth

Like, everywhere. This is literally date rape. This is disgusting.

This is not date rape. Like, at all. Corrin may have slipped something in Soleil's drink unknowingly, but it's not like the substance was harmful, or that Corrin took advantage of her or anything. It wouldn't be any worse than your friend sneaking in some hot sauce in your milk or something.

But yeah, this game's Supports seem terrible overall from what I've seen, and I hope the localization touches them up a bit.

But yeah, this game's Supports seem terrible overall from what I've seen, and I hope the localization touches them up a bit.

I'd disagree, this is like the first horrendous support I've seen. The rest are all pretty good and/or funny.

Between that and Shara refering to her feelings for Femui as "disgusting" I think it's pretty clear what the writers think of homosexuals.

Edit: Not to mention missing out on 1-2 characters for having the nerve of choosing a gay S support.

I don't really think it's fair to asume that a writer is homophobic based one thing that they have written.

I am probably dropping a bomb here, but... I don't really see the problem? Yes, giving your friends drugs are a big NO-NO, but at least Kamui didn't have nefarious purposes and seemed genuinely apologetic afterwards. Most of what I've seen in this thread are general outbursts rather than concrete explanations, hence my question.

Just people taking fictional characters way too seriously to the point of being "outraged", par for the course in the West. If you want something resembling a logical explanation, the closest thing I can think of is it "triggers" them to think about a situation even vaguely similar to being drugged and raped (since rape is a super hot button topic lately) despite the fact that she's not being mind controlled or doing anything beyond ingestion of the drug against her will. She still accepts his proposal, she agrees to remain faithful. As for somehow being offended by the "before marriage, I can’t thoughtlessly touch a woman’s body" thing, I have no idea. It's simply the belief of the character in this particular path. Kamui still has a character of his/her own. They're not meant to be a 100% self-insert, there is no silent protagonist option this time.

Edited by Nidna

I wholeheartedly agree. The only laudable support I've found so far is Oboro/M!Kamui, and the rest are either harrowingly mediocre or just straight-up trash. (Granted, I haven't read more than 15 of them) I'm still looking for something on the caliber of Tharja/Virion.

This is not date rape. Like, at all. Corrin may have slipped something in Soleil's drink unknowingly, but it's not like the substance was harmful, or that Corrin took advantage of her or anything. It wouldn't be any worse than your friend sneaking in some hot sauce in your milk or something.

It's the closest thing to date rape without actually being date rape. Putting hot sauce in your friend's milk doesn't radically change their perception of the world (i.e drug them).

Just people taking fictional characters way too seriously to the point of being "outraged", par for the course in the West. If you want something resembling a logical explanation, the closest thing I can think of is it "triggers" them to think about a situation even vaguely similar to being drugged and raped (since rape is a super hot button topic lately) despite the fact that she's not being mind controlled or doing anything beyond ingestion of the drug against her will. She still accepts his proposal, she agrees to remain faithful. As for somehow being offended by the "before marriage, I can’t thoughtlessly touch a woman’s body" thing, I have no idea. It's simply the belief of the character in this particular path. Kamui still has a character of his/her own. They're not meant to be a 100% self-insert, there is no silent protagonist option this time.

Maybe rape is such a ~hot button topic~ because it's a horrible traumatic experience that can permanently destroy a person's life? I dunno, just sayin'. And anything a person does after ingesting a drug they didn't want is, by definition, against their will.

The thing is that you don't fucking put anything in your friends' food without them knowing

Maybe rape is such a ~hot button topic~ because it's a horrible traumatic experience that can permanently destroy a person's life? I dunno, just sayin'. And anything a person does after ingesting a drug they didn't want is, by definition, against their will.

Exactly.

Edited by Vexian