Soleil/M!Kamui's Supports are almost offensive

EJ107

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe rape is such a ~hot button topic~ because it's a horrible traumatic experience that can permanently destroy a person's life? I dunno, just sayin'. And anything a person does after ingesting a drug they didn't want is, by definition, against their will.

There are numerous things that are traumatic and can ruin ones life, such as murder. Why is one acceptable in fiction and the other is not? It quite clearly wasn't rape though, so what is this even about if you're not just projecting? Once again, she accepted the proposal. Nothing was forced and we have no reason to believe the drug does anything other than cause her to see males as females unless I've missed something.

Edited by Nidna

Maybe rape is such a ~hot button topic~ because it's a horrible traumatic experience that can permanently destroy a person's life? I dunno, just sayin'. And anything a person does after ingesting a drug they didn't want is, by definition, against their will.

There are numerous things that are traumatic and can ruin ones life, such as murder. Why is one acceptable in fiction and the other is not? It quite clearly wasn't rape though, so what is this even about if you're not just projecting? Once again, she accepted the proposal. Nothing was forced and we have no reason to believe the drug does anything other than cause her to see males as females unless I've missed something.

OK that conversation stops right here. at this post. there is no way this will end well.

EDIT: I wrote something here as a response but the moderator stopped the conversation whilst I wrote. So I edited my comment.

Edited by Taka-kun

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Integrity, July 1, 2015 - poof
Hidden by Integrity, July 1, 2015 - poof

So are you saying people would be less horrified by this support if they found out that Kamui murdered Soleil instead?

Edited by BrightBow
Posted · Hidden by Integrity, July 1, 2015 - poof

OK that conversation stops right here. at this post. there is no way this will end well.

Fair enough, I'm not trying to start anything. Only asking questions, but I have asked her type this question enough times to know it probably won't end well anyway.

I think locking this thread now would be good idea. A storm is coming.....

i'm giving people a shot.

also don't minimod, thanks, report shit if you think it should be locked.

Usually I like the English translations to be as close as possible, but this support is an exception. It tried to be light hearted and comedic but it missed the mark for me at least.

Edited by lovely_pan

I honestly think they should just make Soleil bisexual, or change her support at the very least. The idea of that powder is just incredibly dumb. Seriously, how could anyone think that's a good idea. They should have just made her bisexual with a simple preference towards females. Could have made for a much better support, in my opinion.

Edited by Killeryellow123

Lol I can't believe "magic gender powder" is being compared to date rape.

​ 1) It psychologically alters her perception of reality

​2) It does so in a way that results in her finding Kamui attractive

​3) Most importantly, it was given to her secretly and without consent

​

​I really don't understand how people aren't seeing a problem here.

​Then there's the incredibly cringeworthy I-own-you-now vibes that it ends with, but that seems to be a hallmark of nearly every S-support.

​

​"Magic gender power" is also an incredibly stupid concept to begin with, even when you ignore the highly questionable implications.

Posted · Hidden by Integrity, July 1, 2015 - poof

Both rape and murder are acceptable in fiction. However, neither should be treated as okay. We wouldn't be okay if Corrin mentioned in a support conversation "There was this one day that this peasant was being annoying, so I killed him", and we're not okay with Corrin doing this.

If I understand correctly he literally drugged her so that she would be attracted to the opposite gender. How would you feel if someone drugged you to invert your sexuality without your knowledge? If you answer "not bothered", then at least have the empathy to realise you are probably a big exception. Corrin's behaviour here is reprehensible. Doing this with her permission would be okay (although would have some unfortunate implications). Doing it without her permission? I don't think rape comparisons are farfetched, this is not just some harmless "magic powder".

This support is pretty vile.

Tangentially, I'm now increasingly convinced that the same-sex marriage options were added late in development (as a respose to Tomadachi Life? In response to some market surveys of what western gamers want? I dunno), supports like this definitely seem to imply as much.

I'm also now increasingly convinced they needed to limit pairing options more than they did but whatever, can't get in the way of maximum player pandering.

I honestly would say they should change it, it reflects horribly of both of the characters. It reflects badly on Kamui because he drugged her in the first place without her prior knowledge, changing who she was, and Soleli for completely overlooking that fact and still falling in love with him even though he basically forced her into that state against her will. It also doesn't help that the last few lines gives some pretty dark "I own you now" vibes as Twylis said. Even if it was for the sake of humor, it's a terrible way to build a relationship with these characters and they could've done a lot better then this mess of a support.

Edited by Medeus

Here I was expecting something as supposedly bad as Inigo and Nah, but after reading it my reaction is...."This is what people are complaining about? I must have no sense of morals if I don't see anything wrong with this, but rather found it rather funny."

She only gets with Kamui because of the drug that makes her see Kamui was a woman, not a man.

She should have been a lesbian only option as all her supports seem to be about her loving women.

Walking on eggshells here and I mean none of this as "taking a shot" at anyone, but I'm just surprised nobody has seen anything like this before and considers it to be this appalling. The Japanese industry isn't anywhere near as influenced by "social justice" as the Western side is. We're not talking about BioWare here. At any rate, it will without a doubt be changed and I can't say I'll care much because I already own the JP version, I just won't support the localization. If you're really still that concerned, you can write a letter to Treehouse or something.

Edited by Nidna

Damn, this one is hilariously bad.

On a positive note, this is one of the few supports that I honestly think are mediocre. The other being RyomaxCamilla.

My headcanon for Kamui is that he really doesn't understand normal human interaction and that's why he acts like a creep, he simply doesn't know any better.

But yeah people wanting the game to stay uncensored and then flipping sides upon seeing this.

Actually understandable.

The second I read the 'put something in your drink' it did evoke thoughts of date-rape. Was it? No. But it still reminds people of that which this convo is getting a HARD change, like Chrom and Gaius' A-support.

since i got a pm from a concerned citizen i want to make my position here a little clearer

the conversation i wanted dead stopped was "why is rape not acceptable and murder somehow is"

i'm not trying to stifle discussion of this support, just that particular topic

AS YOU WERE

EDIT: also don't respond to this post in this thread you turbonerds i've had like three people do that to me today

Edited by Integrity