Soleil/M!Kamui's Supports are almost offensive

EJ107

Indeed. I feel a little awkward that she was my daughter in my first run and like I can't talk about the supports and such without all this coming in the way xD

I never heard of it either, but if someone with a 50 person following on twitter got such a ridiculous thing posted after merely trolling, I wonder what 1000+ follower group that is serious about it will do.

Time will tell I guess. Until then I think over here we should just quiet down about it and move on best we can.

What annoys me is how they're trivializing the character and reducing her to nothing but ONE SUPPORT CONVO. Not even a whole Support, just one convo. She has more than that, like her one with Eponine where they engage in a Yaoi Fangirl vs Yuri Fangirl slapfight, with Kisaragi NOTHING is mentioned about her obsession with cute girls, talking to her father, etc. It's just annoying. And of course nothing is being accomplished.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually pretty easy. Take one of the many S Supports in the game and change the pronouns. If you sneeze and accidentally type a story about horrible stereotype getting drugged by her future husband, press backspace.

Yeah you're right. It could've been just the writer who did crap. Seriously, who's the 'awesome' guy who came up with that ?

After reading a couple more of her supports, I can conclude that she has some aggressive tendencies. I can see why some of the chars think it's a problem. She's too forceful. She took one trait from her father and cranked it to 11.

Yeah you're right. It could've been just the writer who did crap. Seriously, who's the 'awesome' guy who came up with that ?

Who can say? None of us know went went on behind the scenes. But here's my idea.

Dev 1: "Okay, got a great idea for a character. What if "Lazward" had a child that was just like him, constantly flirting with cute girls... but here's the thing: she's a girl herself!"

Dev 2: "Excellent idea, let's get right on that. Writer, write some supports for her!"

Writer: "Sure thing. I have a whole bunch of scenes with her flirting with girls planned out."

Producer: "Good, good. But don't forget, she's gotta be waifu-able for all the male avatars."

Writer: "Wait, what?"

Producer: "Also, maybe the other male child characters too? Yah, that makes sense, give her lots of marriage options."

Writer: "Why not the female child characters? I mean, I already have flirty supports, it would be simple to add S ranks?"

Producer: "Huh?"

Writer: "We can have her marry other girls."

Producer: "...I don't understand what you're saying."

Writer: "We can-"

Producer: "Look, I want a bunch of opposite sex S supports done, and I want them done in half an hour."

Writer: "But she likes girls, not guys!"

Producer: "I'm sure you can figure something out to solve that little problem. Now snap to it!"

Writer: *consumes lots of booze and writes in a drunke flury*

*two weeks later*

Dev 1: "Hey, have you heard? We decided to add a same sex romance option with Shara."

Dev 2: "Interesting."

Writer: ".............................f*** you all."

Okay, probably not. But who knows?

Edited by Mad_Scientist

Yep. Here's an exact quote from the post: "Without spoiling too much, she pretended this way to get revenge on her father but ended up regretting it when it became a habit."

: \.........

What annoys me is how they're trivializing the character and reducing her to nothing but ONE SUPPORT CONVO. Not even a whole Support, just one convo. She has more than that, like her one with Eponine where they engage in a Yaoi Fangirl vs Yuri Fangirl slapfight, with Kisaragi NOTHING is mentioned about her obsession with cute girls, talking to her father, etc. It's just annoying. And of course nothing is being accomplished.

So it seems the supports are rather scattered in that way, being inconsistent with how it normally should be. Beyond Soleil, I assume this may be a general problem with supports in the game?

Who can say? None of us know went went on behind the scenes. But here's my idea.

Dev 1: "Okay, got a great idea for a character. What if "Lazward" had a child that was just like him, constantly flirting with cute girls... but here's the thing: she's a girl herself!"

Dev 2: "Excellent idea, let's get right on that. Writer, write some supports for her!"

Writer: "Sure thing. I have a whole bunch of scenes with her flirting with girls planned out."

Producer: "Good, good. But don't forget, she's gotta be waifu-able for all the male avatars."

Writer: "Wait, what?"

Producer: "Also, maybe the other male child characters too? Yah, that makes sense, give her lots of marriage options."

Writer: "Why not the female child characters? I mean, I already have flirty supports, it would be simple to add S ranks?"

Producer: "Huh?"

Writer: "We can have her marry other girls."

Producer: "...I don't understand what you're saying."

Writer: "We can-"

Producer: "Look, I want a bunch of opposite sex S supports done, and I want them done in half an hour."

Writer: "But she likes girls, not guys!"

Producer: "I'm sure you can figure something out to solve that little problem. Now snap to it!"

Writer: *consumes lots of booze and writes in a drunke flury*

*two weeks later*

Dev 1: "Hey, have you heard? We decided to add a same sex romance option with Shara."

Dev 2: "Interesting."

Writer: ".............................f*** you all."

Okay, probably not. But who knows?

Best Documentary.

So it seems the supports are rather scattered in that way, being inconsistent with how it normally should be. Beyond Soleil, I assume this may be a general problem with supports in the game?

Welcome to what happens when you have to write SCORES of these things; some are gonna be weaker than others, it comes with the territory. Overall, she's fine, even the Kamui support isn't terrible as it's just a gender-swapped version of a slapstick routine of trying to have someone getting over a constant nosebleed problem. With Kamui as Idiot A and Soleil as Idiot B.

Edited by Aiddon

Welcome to what happens when you have to write SCORES of these things; some are gonna be weaker than others, it comes with the territory. Overall, she's fine, even the Kamui support isn't terrible as it's just a gender-swapped version of a slapstick routine of trying to have someone getting over a constant nosebleed problem. With Kamui as Idiot A and Soleil as Idiot B.

I see. And indeed, since Awakening, I have had issue with the supports due to the everybody supports everyone as well as the "force everybody to marry with arbitrary reasons." xD I suppose it cannot be helped, nor can anything be done.

Soleil isn't gay, was never gay, and good god will never be gay and it's kind of insulting you're effectively forcing her to be gay. You are your own imagination of date rape Kamui.

Yep. Here's an exact quote from the post: "Without spoiling too much, she pretended this way to get revenge on her father but ended up regretting it when it became a habit."

It might come from her recruitment scene. Because I just found a version of her support convo with her mother and there's absolutely no mention of it.

Actually, I think the key point to understanding Soleil's character, which I'm honestly really surprised we all missed, is the difference between America "cute" and Japanese "kawaii." From what I see, Soleil is actually just the stereotypical anime girl that gets obsessed with cute things, with a focus on "kawaii" girls. Think Rena from Higurashi glomping onto things. It does not mean what we usually think of when someone says 'cute girl' over here, i.e. in the dating/romance sense.

Because otherwise, this support conversation that she has with her mother is... well, it's probably worse than her support with M!Kamui but for a whole host of different reasons...

Soleil/ Mother (in this case, Felicia)

C support

Soleil: Heya, Mom! Drying the laundry, I see.

Felicia: Oh, hi, Soleil. It’s good weather for it, isn’t it?

Soleil: *stares*

Felicia: Er, w-what’s the matter? You’re making me feel uncomfortable…

Soleil: Uh oh, this is bad. Mom, you are super cute.

Felicia: Oh, hahaha! Is that all? Stop fooling around, dear, and hand me a clothespin please.

Soleil: I’m not kidding! This is serious. Like a countryside painting of a pretty peasant woman with laundry underneath her arm as she reaches up to wipe the sweat from her brow… Ohhh, so cuute!

Felicia: Um, Soleil? Why are you… giving me that strange look?

Soleil: Rrrrrrrr! No! Must control my inner self! Cute … can’t… in close proximity to… must…so, Mom, I bet you’re tired from doing laundry. Do you want to go have tea together?

Felicia: Uh! Um, well, I’d love to, Dear, but I-I have so much work left to do, so… see you later!

Soleil: Ah! Wait up, my darling little mother! Wait, I said!

B support

Soleil: Mom, your smiling face carries the iridescent radiance of a million shimmering diamonds… Oh, no, no, that won’t work. Diamonds wouldn’t even come close to matching your brightness…

Felicia: Soleil, honey…. Do you think we could wrap this up anytime soon? You’re distracting me, and I haven’t been able to make any progress on today’s chores.

Soleil: Oh, how can you blame me for that when I’ve been kidnapped and held for ransom by your complete and utter adorableness! You naughty, naughty criminal!

Felicia: All right, that’s it! Enough of this nonsense! I’m really going to get angry here in a minute!

Soleil: Oh… your angry, pouting face! It’s even more lovely…

Felicia: Honestly. Well, there’s no question who you take after here. Now, let me pass. I have work to do.

Soleil: Oh will the chores never end? Haven’t you been doing nothing but work all day? You really should take a break! Look, from all that dish-washing that you did, your darling little hands have gone pruny…

Felicia: Thank you for your concern, but if I take another break, I’ll never finish everything I have to do today.

Soleil: Mother, do you really do all of this every single day?

Felicia: I’d say today is a pretty normal workload, yes.

Soleil: Oh, I didn’t know that.

Felicia: Alright, excuse me, I have to go now and prepare everything for dinner.

Soleil: Mom…. Can I help?

Felicia: Sure, dear. Can you slice the meat here for me? I want it sliced thiiiis thinly.

Soleil: OK…oh dear. You even look cute holding that kitchen knife…

Felicia: Not. Again.

A support

Felicia: OK, time to bring in the laundry from outside…

Soleil: Mother!

Felicia: Ack! Oh, Soleil, honey, I’m sorry, I’m really busy so I can’t be your playmate right now!

Soleil: No no no. I didn’t come about that.

Felicia: Oh. Then what is it?

Soleil: Well, remember when I was chasing you around all over the place was because your cuteness was too much for me? Watching you through all that made me realize that I had absolutely no idea how much hard work and effort you put into taking care of all of us.

Felicia: I see.

Soleil: I realize now that I can’t possibly let you do all this work by yourself anymore. I’m going to try and help out as much as I can now.

Felicia: Well, thank you very much for your offer. But, you don’t need to worry about me. I’m very used to doing everything by myself.

Soleil: Even so, I really want to help out. Is that bad?

Felicia: Well, OK, I accept your offer.

Soleil: OK! I’ll be really useful, I promise!

Felicia: But. You need to stop saying those embarrassing things while we’re working. I can’t concentrate at all.

Soleil: But, but! That might be impossible! The energy and spirit of my cute mother that flows forth when she diligently does her chores and glistens like the light from an ocean wave….

Felicia: Bye, Soleil.

Soleil: ….and it’s like I’ve left on a journey into a complete mirage…Um, Mom?

Edited by Sky Soldier

Only localization can save us now. Cuz wow, thats some shitass writing, even ignoring the shitty implications. And that goes for both the support in the OP and the one above. That is a character in need of an overhaul.

This support is so horrible and offensive in so many ways. x.x As is all of Nintendo's attempts to representation. Makes me actually prefer when they don't even try because of how much of a joke they turned us into with these games.

I disagree with people saying it makes no sense that Tharja is the lesbian opetion and it should've been Soleil instead. We should've had both options and more. >:(

I don't think the SoleilxKamui support should be fixed in the English version. They should just not make Soleil romanceable by dudes but we all know the chances of that happening is 0%. :')

It might come from her recruitment scene. Because I just found a version of her support convo with her mother and there's absolutely no mention of it.

Except the post claimed that at first you think she's bisexual, and only find out later she's 100% straight. They even claimed "spoilers" as a reason they wouldn't give any details about when or where you find out she's actually straight. So it couldn't be her recruitment scene.

Actually, I think the key point to understanding Soleil's character, which I'm honestly really surprised we all missed, is the difference between America "cute" and Japanese "kawaii." From what I see, Soleil is actually just the stereotypical anime girl that gets obsessed with cute things, with a focus on "kawaii" girls. Think Rena from Higurashi glomping onto things. It does not mean what we usually think of when someone says 'cute girl' over here, i.e. in the dating/romance sense.

Because otherwise, this support conversation that she has with her mother is... well, it's probably worse than her support with M!Kamui but for a whole host of different reasons...

No, she specifically talks about flirting with girls. The way she reacts around and treats other girls is not just some "oh kawaii cute things" stuff at all.

Which just means that yes, her support with her mother is also disturbing.

Soleil isn't gay, was never gay, and good god will never be gay and it's kind of insulting you're effectively forcing her to be gay. You are your own imagination of date rape Kamui.

It's pretty amazing how offended you are. You even keep bringing up the Kanji thing, where it really was his fear of being seen as gay (and thus a stereotype) that played into everything. (Though, he is blatantly bisexual. Did you play the games yourself?)

She is definitely at the least bisexual because she loves woman but isn't against men. I mean, she has a skill called Girl Lover and she gets caught flirting hard with a girl by F!Kamui. So she likes girls. Don't get offended by that.

EDIT: Though the funniest thing is you keep bandying around that troll article like it's real.

Edited by Nerem

I... I was linked to this thread from a "major" gaming news outlet. What? This was not the way I expected to end up posting on SF again.

What started off as a small comment ended up as a long-winded meander through queer theory, oh my.

[spoiler=Long Digression in Queer Theory Read at Your Own Peril]I guess the one thing I would add to this is beware the assumption that Soliel is *intended* to be lesbian/bi. Fantastical sexual deviance is very very different from real lived queerness, and a fictional character's over-the-top attraction to girls is not necessarily indication she was intended to be read as a queer person. It's much more likely that in the mind of the writers this trait was simply a set up for ad-nausea gender-bender jokes, and her essential "straightness" was never really in question (think of the way that women are free to admire each others physical beauty without being read as "gay"--I suspect this is more like than not an expression of a similar, though more pronounced idea, that it is possible to express same-sex desire without being a "homosexual subject"). Soliel never, to my knowledge, self identifies as queer or lesbian or bi or anything--in fact no such word ever seems to be used about her (could be wrong about this one, though). This points to me to the notion that her desire for women while real is intended as nothing more than a kind of surface performance--if anything it seems her desire is more towards the *feminine*, as seen in Foleo, rather than to women in particular, although she couches it in terms of women.

Of course, in counterpoint to this we know she *does* expresses very real desire for women, which she is self-conscious of, so I can see where a reading of her as a queer subject might come from. This is less to suggest she be beyond critique and more to suggest that that critique probably shouldn't be rooted in the assumption that she was "supposed" to be queer. In fact, this almost suggest something worse, a world where queerness is a kind of disassociative heterosexuality, where genuine queer subjects are impossible since they simply become folded back into heterosexual ones--notice how in her interactions with women she overwhelmingly takes a "mans" aggressive role, even while she's very "feminine" in presentation. This also suggests new readings of that support where she argues with the fujoshi--both of them are shown to be engaging in this distancing strategy. She desires women in the same way the fujoshi is supposed to imagine a boy desiring boys, as something at arms length from the self. We can see her perhaps performing heterosexual desire from the "male" position, in a kind of flip dismissal of her own "femininity". Of course, were this desire actually enacted, it would be something like the butch (the "masculine" lesbian), but it isn't, and that's the very point, this contradiction in terms between performed "maleness" and embodied "femininity". ...maybe, but I'm getting into waters that are making me uncomfortable, hence the scare quotes.

It needs to be reiterated--what we're looking at (perhaps) is not a queer subjectivity but a heterosexual fantasy that touches on queer things (of course, I wouldn't be a good queer scholar if I suggested those were actually entirely discreet). When Soliel aggressively flirts with women she is doing it in a kind of drag, but shes also enacting a kind of aggressive (but also sentimental) sexuality that "more ok" because shes a women. This makes sense if we read her as a fantasy site of the male player. Alternatively, this also suggests an entirely different reading in a Takarazuka context, where sex is downplayed in favor of a nebulous "beauty", and the question of gender is elided because were talking about relationships that happen on a totally non-physical level. In fact, looking back I'm more inclined towards this one since she doesn't engage in any illicit physical activity towards women--for example, groping excused by "but were both girls". This is also worth serious critique as a general rule, since it constitutes a shocking dismissal of queer persons (of course, queer person-hood is much less strong in Japan, where queerness has long been considered a safe domain of fantasy). This is of course all to say that when it turns out she desires men all along there should be nothing surprising about it--since what we're looking at is probably nothing more than a conduit of male heterosexual desire. This character isn't real, there is no "real" lesbian underneath her performance, only a male writer.

Counterpoint--queerness has totally been gaining traction in Japan in recent years. What we might also be seeing is a "transitional" character--a character written in a culture with a kind of growing awareness that there is such a thing as "queer people" but one that doesn't quite know what to do with it yet and has one foot in two worlds (much like our own really). In which case what we might be seeing multiple strains of queer identity being worked out--the heterosexual fantasy coming into contact with the lived experience. Of course, the resulting hybrid is pretty awful, which is sadly par for the course. With this in mind I will also totally defend readings of Soliel as queer, especially because ambiguity is so essential to what constitutes queerness in the first place. There is plenty here in her narrative to look at it and see a queer person, and from that draw legitimately bad conclusions--I probably don't need to rehash those at this point. Simply because someone probably wasn't written as queer doesn't mean they can't be read as it.

Also the original support conversation has serious consent issues and is gross, even if it isn't "date rape" per se (whatever still totally disrespectful and awful behavior close enough).

Edited by Le Communard

Admittedly, I kinda assumed negative things about Soleil until I actually did some reading into her support convos and checked out that article I just posted. It cleared a lot of things up.

If only everyone did research before crying about LGBT disrespect or date-rape or whatever.

That doesn't explain why the hell she said what she did to Foleo in that S-support, though.

That said, regardless of all this, I was unaware of Andrea-Ritsu situation. Harassment and threats are definitely not okay...

Assuming that this is true, then :facepalm: .

And hopefully the appropriate authorities were contacted.

It's not because bisexuality is synonymous with my identity, because it really isn't. Like you said you would, I consider it just a minor part of myself and don't go around talking about it constantly or getting involved in "the community". I get annoyed by it because I am tired of the responses I get and comments people say, knowingly or otherwise, in real life. Even if you don't put much stock in your sexual identity It's so frustrating to constantly hear people saying things like bisexuality doesn't exist, or that they are lying, or deceitful... and those are really common things to hear. I don't get angry when I see bisexual characters presented badly because it offends me personally, because it doesn't. I get angry because it's having media like that that reinforces those things people say to me in real life, and when people insult me like that in real life it does offend me.

Bingo. Unfortunately, Soliel's treatment by IS is a sad reflection of real life.

So I slept on it. I still think the localization should address Kamui slipping a drug to her and instead have it be like... magic he attempted to cast or something. She could still maybe get a bit upset by it, but magic is a bit more flexible in terms of it's uses and ideally having Kamui learn not to just try things without asking people would be good. (Slip in some development for Kamui, why not?). As for Soliel's bisexualness, I guess I'll wait for full translations or the game before coming to a real conclusion now. Sure, it seems she's into cute girls, but if that whole getting back at her father (Inigo is Virion 2.0 after all) thing turns out true, it makes sense. So I've calmed my jet and am getting off the ride for a while. At least until some other big news comes along.

How about asking for her permission before doing the experiment?

Okay, a request. I did kind of breach the topic myself, when responding about Niche Gamer, but can we please keep this thread on topic, specifically Soleil's supports and whether information elsewhere reveals further details about her sexaulity, and not turn this into to a big "SJW vs Anti-SJW vs GamerGate vs Whatever" thread?

I'm not a mod, so this is just a friendly request, but I think we'd all be happier if this didn't turn into a big SJW argument.

EDIT: And with that in mind, Kirokan, you mentioned Soleil was your daughter in your run. Did you do her supports with the avatar/her father? And if so, was there anything that related to the "she's pretending to be bi" claim?

Feel free to Report whereever the divergence is, and ASK for a mod. . .except I was at work at the time, sorry.

So I see nothing homophobic about this. She's bi but has a leaning towards girls. But let's say a guy dressed up in a dress and she started liking him because of that, would that be bad? No. So I see little problem with the whole liking Kamui thing.

So it comes down to the frug, and I think cultural values has something to do with this. I'm not sure slipping something in a girl's drink that causes her to like you more is quite the list of buzz words it is in english, so there was probably a bit of "what could go wrong" involved. Insensitive, yes, but not immoral. The most I can really get out of this is that Kamui was an asshole and the support is poorly written.

Congratulations on not reading the entire topic. My biggest issue had nothing to do with which way Soliel swings.

This is why I want a time machine. . .so I can go forward in time, snag all of her convos in English, cross-reference them with their Japanese counterparts (if necessary), then draw a profile up.

After reading a couple more of her supports, I can conclude that she has some aggressive tendencies. I can see why some of the chars think it's a problem. She's too forceful. She took one trait from her father and cranked it to 11.

This is what I got from her supports with female Kamui and Foleo:

- She is unaware of when to act ashamed in social contexts (Kamui C/B)

- She isn't completely incapable of socializing, as she has friends (Foleo A)

- She says exactly what's on her mind (Foleo, all of them)

- She prefers girls, but is able to have a romantic relationship with a guy (Foleo S)

. . .and thus the problem presents itself. She seems unable to fully grasp the subtleties of social situations, whether it be knowing when something is socially inappropriate, or putting a filter on her mouth. However, she's not malicious, or she'd be without friends. She's not incapable of feeling embarrassed, though (both Kamuis have this).

So. . .is her preference for girls innate, which in turn drive her actions? Or is it her lack of filter, along with her desire to please her dad (the latter is hearsay), which cause her to make socially inappropriate comments about women? I'd need every single support she has, and probably a few random lines from elsewhere to make any sort of solid judgment. I'm pretty sure my final analysis of her will be about as complicated as Tharja's one.

Soleil/ Mother (in this case, Felicia)

C support

Soleil: Heya, Mom! Drying the laundry, I see.

Felicia: Oh, hi, Soleil. Its good weather for it, isnt it?

Soleil: *stares*

Felicia: Er, w-whats the matter? Youre making me feel uncomfortable

Soleil: Uh oh, this is bad. Mom, you are super cute.

Felicia: Oh, hahaha! Is that all? Stop fooling around, dear, and hand me a clothespin please.

Soleil: Im not kidding! This is serious. Like a countryside painting of a pretty peasant woman with laundry underneath her arm as she reaches up to wipe the sweat from her brow Ohhh, so cuute!

Felicia: Um, Soleil? Why are you giving me that strange look?

Soleil: Rrrrrrrr! No! Must control my inner self! Cute cant in close proximity to mustso, Mom, I bet youre tired from doing laundry. Do you want to go have tea together?

Felicia: Uh! Um, well, Id love to, Dear, but I-I have so much work left to do, so see you later!

Soleil: Ah! Wait up, my darling little mother! Wait, I said!

B support

Soleil: Mom, your smiling face carries the iridescent radiance of a million shimmering diamonds Oh, no, no, that wont work. Diamonds wouldnt even come close to matching your brightness

Felicia: Soleil, honey. Do you think we could wrap this up anytime soon? Youre distracting me, and I havent been able to make any progress on todays chores.

Soleil: Oh, how can you blame me for that when Ive been kidnapped and held for ransom by your complete and utter adorableness! You naughty, naughty criminal!

Felicia: All right, thats it! Enough of this nonsense! Im really going to get angry here in a minute!

Soleil: Oh your angry, pouting face! Its even more lovely

Felicia: Honestly. Well, theres no question who you take after here. Now, let me pass. I have work to do.

Soleil: Oh will the chores never end? Havent you been doing nothing but work all day? You really should take a break! Look, from all that dish-washing that you did, your darling little hands have gone pruny

Felicia: Thank you for your concern, but if I take another break, Ill never finish everything I have to do today.

Soleil: Mother, do you really do all of this every single day?

Felicia: Id say today is a pretty normal workload, yes.

Soleil: Oh, I didnt know that.

Felicia: Alright, excuse me, I have to go now and prepare everything for dinner.

Soleil: Mom. Can I help?

Felicia: Sure, dear. Can you slice the meat here for me? I want it sliced thiiiis thinly.

Soleil: OKoh dear. You even look cute holding that kitchen knife

Felicia: Not. Again.

A support

Felicia: OK, time to bring in the laundry from outside

Soleil: Mother!

Felicia: Ack! Oh, Soleil, honey, Im sorry, Im really busy so I cant be your playmate right now!

Soleil: No no no. I didnt come about that.

Felicia: Oh. Then what is it?

Soleil: Well, remember when I was chasing you around all over the place was because your cuteness was too much for me? Watching you through all that made me realize that I had absolutely no idea how much hard work and effort you put into taking care of all of us.

Felicia: I see.

Soleil: I realize now that I cant possibly let you do all this work by yourself anymore. Im going to try and help out as much as I can now.

Felicia: Well, thank you very much for your offer. But, you dont need to worry about me. Im very used to doing everything by myself.

Soleil: Even so, I really want to help out. Is that bad?

Felicia: Well, OK, I accept your offer.

Soleil: OK! Ill be really useful, I promise!

Felicia: But. You need to stop saying those embarrassing things while were working. I cant concentrate at all.

Soleil: But, but! That might be impossible! The energy and spirit of my cute mother that flows forth when she diligently does her chores and glistens like the light from an ocean wave.

Felicia: Bye, Soleil.

Soleil: .and its like Ive left on a journey into a complete mirageUm, Mom?

This is. . .about as bad as Noire/her father, in terms of characterization.

So I have been following the whole mess and yeah..that support is absolutely awful, but I don't think it was intended as a gay conversion. It's just bad bad writing and questionable cultural values put into action.

And after reading the support with her mom it makes me somewhat uneasy of my decision to marry Lazward. What do you call that? An Oedipus complex? An Electra complex? An Oedictra complex?

Flannel and Velour's support is also rather creepy. The incest fetish goes deep in this game.

In other news, I have found a Soleil support that is acutally servicable.

It's her with Kisaragi and it's actually sort of cute:

http://pastebin.com/P1EAEqM0

I hope the translation will clean up the mess of her other supports.

So I have been following the whole mess and yeah..that support is absolutely awful, but I don't think it was intended as a gay conversion. It's just bad bad writing and questionable cultural values put into action.

And after reading the support with her mom it makes me somewhat uneasy of my decision to marry Lazward. What do you call that? An Oedipus complex? An Electra complex? An Oedictra complex?

Flannel and Velour's support is also rather creepy. The incest fetish goes deep in this game.

In other news, I have found a Soleil support that is acutally servicable.

It's her with Kisaragi and it's actually sort of cute:

http://pastebin.com/P1EAEqM0

I hope the translation will clean up the mess of her other supports.

That one is incredibly tame, it is rather refreshing. But I wonder if that just adds to inconsistency between supports... xD