Soleil/M!Kamui's Supports are almost offensive

EJ107

That's the way I feel about romancing the Nohr siblings.

"I know that we saw each other as siblings our whole lives, but now that I know we aren't related, I wanna tap 'dat ass!"

- Said no real person ever

THANK YOU.

I object to that almost as much as I object to putting foreign substances in someone's body, and slightly more than I object to romancing your comrade's kid in the first place.

Edited by Tamarsamar

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dosent she like faint when she sees a cute girl that would not only give her higher chances of dieing,someone would have to leave the battlefeild or guard her which would not be good at all if so i can understand why kamui chose to help but just not his reaction that was a bit much.

I think incompetence in their writing and the mostly heterosexual marriage system is much more likely for why Soleil turned out this way than any malicious intent/backward views on IS about romantic two girl friendships, gay conversion or anything else people have been throwing around.

I agree.

"I know that we saw each other as siblings our whole lives, but now that I know we aren't related, I wanna tap 'dat ass!"

"But she's hot though."

It's not real incestâ„¢ so I guess it's okay. Or something.

Nothing about marrying the children? it actually quite creepy this time as you are marrying your comrade's children and not a different timeline version of them like in Awakening.

Nothing about marrying the children? it actually quite creepy this time as you are marrying your comrade's children and not a different timeline version of them like in Awakening.

There is something for everyone in this game.

Fancy your sister? Got you covered!

Your friend's daughter has a sweet ass? Go for it, he probably doesn't mind.

Underage girls more your thing? Take two, they're small!

I lied though. They have yet to introduce an underaged girl who is both your sister and friend's daughter so some people will be left disappointed.

I lied though. They have yet to introduce an underaged girl who is both your sister and friend's daughter so some people will be left disappointed.

Was actually quite hyped about the female Kamui same-sex support, but then I learned who that character actually is, then I learned how children works in this game and now I won't touch that pairing even with a ten feet pole. It should been Azura for the same-sex marriage. :/

Edited by Awakener_

Isn't Midoriko like, 9?

Also, I know it's only 12 am around here, but I'm pretty sure this is going to be the funniest thing I read all day, especially the last bit

I definitely don't like it, especially with them being hyper developed super babies. But the Nohr siblings... the fact that they pretty much instantly disregard being siblings WHILE still referring to each other as brother/sister during the damn S-Support, just makes me uncomfortable. And then there's this line (paraphrased)

Effie: But we're sibling's right? So we can't be married

Kamui: Yeah we're siblings, but we're not blood related so it's cool

Just... pisses me off. She's clearly uncomfortable at the idea. Who the fuck wrote this and thought "Perfect, 10/10, wouldn't change a thing!"?

Edited by NeptuniasBeard

I've probably said it before on another thread, but I don't like that you can marry your Nohr or Hoshido siblings. I was legitimately angry when I first heard about it (the first time was probably when I found out children were returning). It doesn't feel right pushing Kamui as a sibling to either Nohr or Hoshido when Kamui can marry them. Transferring your sibling love into romantic love doesn't work that way either. I have a few family friends who are around my age. I'm not related to them, but I grew up with them when I was young like they were siblings, and I've never seen them as anything more than brothers, you know? Westermarke effect is a thing even when you're not actually blood related, and it definitely applies to Nohr. The Hoshido siblings are a different story, and a different rant.

The support system in Fates suffers from the same thing that Awakening suffered from. Because almost everyone has a large pool of marriage candidates and Kamui can marry anyone, that means the writers will have to come up with a shitton of conversation topics. And not all of them are going to be good or feel natural. In the case of Soleil, it means that a character who comes off as bi or lesbian is going to come off as an awful character or inconsistent when she can only marry guys. In the case of your siblings, it means that the game can't make up its mind on whether it wants you to think of these people as your siblings or people you can bang.

In other words: yay inconsistent supports and support quality

I've probably said it before on another thread, but I don't like that you can marry your Nohr or Hoshido siblings. I was legitimately angry when I first heard about it (the first time was probably when I found out children were returning). It doesn't feel right pushing Kamui as a sibling to either Nohr or Hoshido when Kamui can marry them. Transferring your sibling love into romantic love doesn't work that way either. I have a few family friends who are around my age. I'm not related to them, but I grew up with them when I was young like they were siblings, and I've never seen them as anything more than brothers, you know? Westermarke effect is a thing even when you're not actually blood related, and it definitely applies to Nohr. The Hoshido siblings are a different story, and a different rant.

EDIT: DONT KNOW HOW TO COVER FOR SPOILER! SORRY SORRY!

Edited by NeptuniasBeard

I think I have an idea of what you're thinking about in regards to Hoshido, and in that case I totally agree. While the Hoshido don't really have that time spent with Corrin in order to form an actual sibling bond, pretty much the crutch of their whole argument for why s/he should return, and the biggest point of the marketing, is that the Hoshido siblings were you're actual blood family.But IS broke their own premise just to make sure there was no shortage of people to bang, because clearly that's more important than telling a good story.

Okaay, so maybe I don't know you're POV, but that's definitely my reason

No, you're actually very spot-on -- this is basically my rant about the Hoshido siblings. I felt even more lied to when I learned that they were not actually related to you by blood. What makes me angrier, though, is that there's no reason why Takumi and Sakura at the very least couldn't have been Kamui's half-siblings. It would not have changed anything at all, but I suspect the only reason they are not is so people can marry them.

EDIT: SPOILER EVERYTHING

Edited by Sunwoo

I think I have an idea of what you're thinking about in regards to Hoshido, and in that case I totally agree. While the Hoshido don't really have that time spent with Corrin in order to form an actual sibling bond

No, you're actually very spot-on -- this is basically my rant about the Hoshido siblings.

You guys might want to spoiler your posts. The Hoshido sibling stuff isn't common knowledge yet.

So, than is Inigo gay than and his flirting with women nonsensical?

Clearly he must be into guys despite lusting after only women just like Soleil!

Exactly! Inigo is gay because he is a skirt chasing male and his s-supports are all wom... oh wait. He can marry several female characters and no male characters. Making him.... straight. Nobody contests this for obvious reasons.

Soleil? Same thing, all her s-supports are for the opposite gender (male) characters even though she emulates her skirt-chasing father's behavior father. There are already bi-characters in the game so IS can't be argued to be afraid of going that route so if Soleil is truly lesbian or bi her marriage options would show it. Which they do not.

And this means.... what exactly? Soliel is straight. Not difficult.

This isn't even a situation like Ike's where all his s-supports are same gendered but "go on a journey" vague, Soleil's directly mentions marriage.

That just makes Soleil sound like a poorly written (or at the very least inconsistent) character more than anything else.

That's because she is. :P

The supports are not that well handled either. The Hoshido siblings especially because what should be a heavy scene feels hamfisted with the letter and all that jazz. Plenty of men and women outside of the siblings dont know what IS was thinking.

Exactly! Inigo is gay because he is a skirt chasing male and his s-supports are all wom... oh wait. He can marry several female characters and no male characters. Making him.... straight. Nobody contests this for obvious reasons.

Soleil? Same thing, all her s-supports are for the opposite gender (male) characters even though she emulates her skirt-chasing father's behavior father. There are already bi-characters in the game so IS can't be argued to be afraid of going that route so if Soleil is truly lesbian or bi her marriage options would show it. Which they do not.

This isn't even a situation like Ike's where all his s-supports are same gendered but "go on a journey" vague, Soleil's directly mentions marriage.

Or, much more likely, Nintendo wanted to stick with the idea of one token same sex option per version. And they do so without any kind of foresight.

The Lazward logic fails because Lazward flirts with women, the exact same gender that he can marry. There's no conflict there BECAUSE IT MAKES SENSE!

Soleil states repeatedly that she finds women attractive. That's like, 95% of the words out of her mouth. She even explicitly states that she prefers women as romantic partners. I've yet to see her state that her whole schtick is a front. On top of that, the whole thing with MaMui is that she faints around cute girls. You can't really fake that. That's like saying you're not into men/women despite showing a repeated pattern of getting aroused around them. The dick don't lie. But if it is the case that she IS faking, that makes her a pretty terrible fucking person, way worst than Inigo ever was, because she's toying with people's emotions for her own amusement.

But of course, I'm not going to argue that she isn't straight, because she's a fictional character, she's not bound to the rules of how actual people act, she can be whatever she wants, even if it's despite herself, because she was created using shit tropes by a writer that's hilariously incompetent at best, or a hateful ass at worst. Probably the same person who thinks the only thing stopping people from banging the sister they've known their whole lives is a blood connection.

Soleil is straight because of shit writing and poor decisions. She is the equivalent of a white guy donning blackface and taking part in a minstrel show. We shouldn't be questioning if this person is white or black, we should be talking about how messed up the people involved in his creation would have to be to let this happen

Read her Grey supports.

Ugh.

She outright tells Grey that she's interested in women over men yet they still get an S Rank yet no female S Ranks. Disgusting.

She doesn't emulate her father, she literally loves women over men, her supports clarify that many times. She even has issue with Grey being a man because she wants women.

You also miss the point entirely.

Inigo flirts hard with women, no interest in men. He gets to S Rank women.

Soleil flirts hard with women, no interest in men. She cannot S Rank women.

That's the issue.

If Soleil is straight despite they than Inigo should be Gay.

Edited by Pretty_Handsome

Read what I said earlier. If she cannot marry others womens it's maybe because they don't love her?

You know, this is very obvious but you are so angry you kinda missed the logic right there (no offence tho).

The only thing I don't undertand is why she didn't become a marriage option for FKamui.

Edited by Nym

She outright tells Grey that she's interested in women over men yet they still get an S Rank yet no female S Ranks. Disgusting.

What's so disgusting about it?

Inigo flirts hard with women, no interest in men. He gets to S Rank women.

Soleil flirts hard with women, no interest in men. She cannot S Rank women.

That's the issue.

If Soleil is straight despite they than Inigo should be Gay.

The only two options for any reciprocation is Syalla and Kamui (perhaps).

And no, consistency like that shouldn't automatically follow.

Edited by Tryhard

What's so disgusting about it?

The only two options for any reciprocation is Syalla and Kamui (perhaps).

And no, consistency like that shouldn't automatically follow.

I think he means that the fact that she continues to tell people that she's a lesbian-leaning bisexual, but can only S rank men is disgusting. Not the Soleil x Grey support by itself (but I could be wrong).

Just found out about this, and well... It's pretty bad. Why didn't they make her the gay female option...?

Hopefully they'll change it to something completely different in the localization. Not sure if it would be possible to just make her boy-crazy since I haven't read her other supports, but that would be better, yeah.

Calling it "homophobia" seems a bit strong though especially since this particular game has gay marriage... It seems to me more like just bad writing or an innocent oversight. It's definitely something that needs to be called out though.

Edited by Book Bro

We know what happens; we've been over this a billion times. Spiking someone's drink is never not bad. Jesus Fucking Christ.

I think he was referring to the article when he siad "not bad at all". Honestly, calm down.