To censor or not to sensor. (Localization for North America)

There has been a lot of content, due to translation of support convos and skinship lines, that is seeming a tad either explicit or plain out ridiculous. More than likely, much will be pulled out for a North American version, or it will recieve a higher rating.

My personal fear about this is that if they find some things too explicit, instead of changing the lines, they may just scrap the feature. A couple of the features that may be scrapped is the bathouse and the skinship program. Frankly, I don't like the lines given during some of the skinships, but I feel like it's a unique feature and has good potential.

What's your opinion on what should be censored and what should not?

Edited by SilentSavior

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I know what certain support that really needs some altering.

In regards to other factors I really, really, really, REALLY hope that they do not scrap those features. Strange or not its just down right idiotic to remove them and the backlash could be rather huge as well.

Seriously we have games with graphic violence and crap and a little touching or nudity is crossing the line? The U.S had a very warped idea od what is and what isn't okay. Part of me has hope this wont come to pass though.......*fingers crossed*.

Seriously we have games with graphic violence and crap and a little touching or nudity is crossing the line? The U.S had a very warped idea od what is and what isn't okay. Part of me has hope this wont come to pass though.......*fingers crossed*.

Have you read the Pieri skinship lines?

If not, I recommend you do.

I'd say just give it a higher rating even if that means rating it M. While I'm not too keen on the skinship and bathouse features once you start cutting things from a game you don't know where to stop and start looking for other things that are "wrong" with the game.

Nothing in this game is worth an M.

57eXAk3.gif

This is a T-rated game. I will verbally beat you all down until you realize that M is very hard to get unless you're actively swearing and involving crimes like rape.

I think people are REALLY overreacting when they say to give it an M rating. Nothing in this game actually warrants an M rating (no gore, no nudity, etc). The closest thing to warranting the M rating is the suggestive dialogue, but that is NOWHERE near the level of actually getting an M rating. Is is maybe to risque for Nintendo though? Maybe, I can easily see them changing stuff because it's either too much or maybe that Soleil x M!Kamui support. We'll have to wait and see for that.

This is a T-rated game. I will verbally beat you all down until you realize that M is very hard to get unless you're actively swearing and involving crimes like rape.

or show a boobie

seriously tho y'all are really overreacting to the potential (suggested only by yourselves to yourselves) cut of features that i'd struggle to even define as tertiary to the gameplay or story, lol

EDIT:

but I feel like it's a unique feature and has good potential.

am i out of the loop or is the "unique" feature with "good potential" the one where you feel up your dudes and get friendship points?

Edited by Integrity

57eXAk3.gif

.... is that a knife necklace specifically designed to tear that shirt apart................................. the creativity!

It's not about ratings; it's about the fact that so much of it is just disgusting.

If the English version still has a scene where the player avatar literally drugs someone to fall in love with him, I'm just flat-out not buying it. That's just not okay.

am i out of the loop or is the "unique" feature with "good potential" the one where you feel up your dudes and get friendship points?

Haha, putting it bluntly, yeah that's what it pretty much is. But hey, to each their own in Fire Emblem games. A lot of old fans hated Awakening because of the way the Support system was. Some enjoy this feature, and some don't. I think it's a progression when it comes to the Support gameplay, yet I would much rather prefer to see more advancements in gameplay and narrative than this, but I won't complain.

It's not about ratings; it's about the fact that so much of it is just disgusting.

If the English version still has a scene where the player avatar literally drugs someone to fall in love with him, I'm just flat-out not buying it. That's just not okay.

Then don't. No one has a gun put to your head.

57eXAk3.gif

Senran kagura shinovi versus is rated M with risque graphics like that gif.

Off topic, but what game is that gif from? You know, for research...

Haha, putting it bluntly, yeah that's what it pretty much is.

i'm all about each and their own but how is that particularly unique or potential-filled? what would actually be lost from fe: fartes besides potential sweet waifu bux if the whole feature got cut?

Censor nothing. If the questionable stuff bothers you THAT much, speak with your wallet and don't buy the game.

Senran kagura shinovi versus is rated M with risque graphics like that gif.

Off topic, but what game is that gif from? You know, for research...

Yet Senran Kagura Burst on 3DS is rated T and has imagery far more risque than that gif. Go figure.

That game is Project X Zone. Extremely fanservicy title in more ways than one. That gif is not even the worst one (or best one, depending on your research).

EDIT: Wow, that was a really creepy ninja'd.

Edited by Jave

Right? Just goes to show that the rating system is off. Same series, similar fan service. One is T, one is M.
What can we do? ..

Time to go work on my...school project.

Edited by xcel

Then don't. No one has a gun put to your head.

I'm aware, that's exactly why I said what I did. I'm not sure what you think you're informing me of.

Censor nothing. If the questionable stuff bothers you THAT much, speak with your wallet and don't buy the game.

There's nothing "questionable" about it.

And how DARE people say they'd rather have the game turn out in a way they'd feel comfortable purchasing than a way they don't, right?

Edited by Othin

No matter how horrible this is, I want it to remain intact. I'm a purist just like that.
Then again, if we get an english patch that doesn't change anything, well, the problem is solved anyways, I guess ?

Edited by B.Leu

Okay so I read Piere's skinship lines. A lot of Yandere lines but there is that one quote..............yeah, >_>

Your throbbing place, it looks like the flesh is tearing....

Maybe a few touch up could help things slightly I don't think some suggestive lines and skinship are that big of a deal to get all bent out of shape on but yeah there are things that are going to get changed around whether folks like it or not.

By the end of it all its going to get a T-rating nothing here really warrants an M.

Is there any precedent for games getting a lower age rating in the United States than in Japan without changes to the content in question? Since that's what would be required for it to stay as-is and get a T rating.

i'm all about each and their own but how is that particularly unique or potential-filled? what would actually be lost from fe: fartes besides potential sweet waifu bux if the whole feature got cut?

Well unique in a way that where else can you feel up your team mates so you become friends? Plus, it makes the support system a tad more efficient, as not all support points will have to be gained in the field.