Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

I do have a question though, how is Dread Fighter on say, Kamui? Considering it's probably one of my favorite classes, is it good, or at least worth getting skills for?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have a question though, how is Dread Fighter on say, Kamui? Considering it's probably one of my favorite classes, is it good, or at least worth getting skills for?

If you hate Mages then it's the perfect class for you, the problem is that it's just not superb at anything else.

I think I just figured out how to bring Midoriko's Luck-based skill activation rates to 100%.

Mozume!Midoriko has a neutral Luck modifier (+0). This is unfortunately as high as she can go (without Kamui as a mother), but it will do.

If Midoriko marries Kisaragi or Shigure, she can reclass into Golden-Kite Warrior via Marriage Seal, bringing her Luck cap to 34.

She can wield bows, like Anna's Lucky Bow (which grants Luck +5). Luck becomes 39.

If Mozume A+'s Oboro, reclasses to Basara, and builds up an A-support with Midoriko, then Midoriko's Luck becomes 45 when paired up with her mother, Mozume.

Midoriko equips the skills Flamboyant (obtainable through inheritance via Mozume's A+ with Oboro), Hoshido (sadly only available through the Logbook in this case), and Luck Drain (DLC). Together with her personal skill, Lucky Charm, Midoriko's total activation rate shoots up to a whopping 90%.

And when she kills 5 enemies, it climbs even higher to 100%. This is perfect for skills whose activation rates are based around Luck: they will always trigger.

On that note, does damage from Extravagance stack?

I think I just figured out how to bring Midoriko's Luck-based skill activation rates to 100%.

Mozume!Midoriko has a neutral Luck modifier (+0). This is unfortunately as high as she can go (without Kamui as a mother), but it will do.

If Midoriko marries Kisaragi or Shigure, she can reclass into Golden-Kite Warrior via Marriage Seal, bringing her Luck cap to 34.

She can wield bows, like Anna's Lucky Bow (which grants Luck +5). Luck becomes 39.

If Mozume A+'s Oboro, reclasses to Basara, and builds up an A-support with Midoriko, then Midoriko's Luck becomes 45 when paired up with her mother, Mozume.

Midoriko equips the skills Flamboyant (obtainable through inheritance via Mozume's A+ with Oboro), Hoshido (sadly only available through the Logbook in this case), and Luck Drain (DLC). Together with her personal skill, Lucky Charm, Midoriko's total activation rate shoots up to a whopping 90%.

And when she kills 5 enemies, it climbs even higher to 100%. This is perfect for skills whose activation rates are based around Luck: they will always trigger.

On that note, does damage from Extravagance stack?

Blood of Anakos DLC item supposedly pimps out Nohr Prince(ss) so she can get Hoshido anyways. Also, Basara has a higher Luck cap, so S rank Shinonome or A+ Kinu (I think) can give her Flambo.

Blood of Anakos DLC item supposedly pimps out Nohr Prince(ss) so she can get Hoshido anyways. Also, Basara has a higher Luck cap, so S rank Shinonome or A+ Kinu (I think) can give her Flambo.

the point was Arrow for Anna's Lucky Bow

If you hate Mages then it's the perfect class for you, the problem is that it's just not superb at anything else.

I really do, though I might take a dip into it for Aggressor, even if it isn't needed later on. And also, bias.

Anyways just wanted to know if these set-ups are good:

M!Corrin@Dread Fighter/Dark Blood(Still debating their equal offensively but DF is faster, but DB can provide extra Mag for Zero in pair up) +Str/-Def

Secondary-Bowman(Mainly for Zero so he can get Bowfaire)

Spouse-Zero

Main Weapon-Yato Final

-Swordfaire

-Aggressor

-Dragon Fang

-Hoshido

-Astra

Zero@Adventurer

Spouse-M!Corrin

Main Weapon-Shining Bow

-Bowfaire

-Devilish Wind(If it works w/ SB)/Prescient Victory(If DW does not work)

-Aggressor

-Raven Strike

-Lifetaker

Do these look good?

Just tjought I would quote myself to make this easier.

I plan on using the same set-up with Zero(But I think I am going to change Zero's Raven Strike to Swallow Strike from Subaki A+).But I now plan on making my Corrin a Lodestar(I forgot the class existed until after I made the list).The thing I am asking, is the set-up I have currently good for a Lodestar Corrin, or should I change it up a bit?

How much of Copycat Puppet is in PvP? If it is prevalent, Puppet Breaker should be something to really consider.

I see that it's prevalent. But doesn't Puppet breaker only give the bonus if you're attacking the puppet? How I saw people using it was more towards making their characters get the pair-up bonus instead.

Just tjought I would quote myself to make this easier.

I plan on using the same set-up with Zero(But I think I am going to change Zero's Raven Strike to Swallow Strike from Subaki A+).But I now plan on making my Corrin a Lodestar(I forgot the class existed until after I made the list).The thing I am asking, is the set-up I have currently good for a Lodestar Corrin, or should I change it up a bit?

It looks good for Kamui/Corrin, because I don't really think there's much Lodestar can give that you'd want.

Pieri@Berserker (A+ Charlotte)

-Galeforce

-Lifetaker

-Breaking Bad (S Nishiki)

-Luna/Agressor

-Flamboyant

Point her at something and she kills it. Then point her at something else and she MAULS it.

Edited by JothTheConqueror

Just curious, for Subaki pairings... what do you think these would be like?

Azura x Subaki

Setsuna x Subaki

Kagerou x Subaki

Sakura x Subaki

I don't know if I'll do them, I'm just curious how they are.

Mom      St Mg Sk Sp Lk Df Rs   Mom Gains  Dad Gains  Matoi Inher.
Sakura   0  3  2  0  0  3  0    Nothing    Priest     Miko
Setsuna  0  1  4  2  -1	3  -1   Peg        Bowman     Bowman
Kagerou  3  1  2  -2 0  3  1    Peg        Ninja      Ninja
Azura    0  1  4  2  0  1  0    Nothing    Rod Kngt   Rod Kngt

Tsubaki and Matoi has access to Peg and Samurai by default.

Out of skills that Matoi doesn't already get from her default classes and the one mom passes,

Sakura can pass one skill from the Rod Knight(IK) tree, else all her A+ options are Matoi's default classes.

Setsuna can pass one skill from the Ninja tree,

Kagerou can pass one skill from Spellcaster, Oni, Bowman, and (IK) Cavalier trees,

Azura can pass one skill from Songstress, Priest, and (IK)Rod Knight trees.

Some points of reference for Tsubaki and Matoi are that, since they're slow and tanky, do you prefer to spend effort to try to patch up their speed more (in which case Azura and Setsuna can do that but they're kinda in-demand to speedstack faster people) or do you wanna just deal with the slow but go for defense and power (Kagerou can opt to throw you in both defensive and offensive directions wrt Matoi since Matoi can at least take the Trueblade/Ninja route and do a slow but powerful version of a fast class, and Kagerou can get Matoi Flamboyant through her secondary or she can go get Diamond Strike off Pieri for a more defensive build)

I personally think Kagerou has the most merits out of the 4 since it's so hard to patch up a -2 speed anyway and she's a bit more versatile in what you want, while she herself can benefit from a few of Peg tree's skills.

Setsuna/Azura have a lot of better options, Setsuna gets only one promoted class instead of 2 out of getting peg, and Azura gets nothing at all

Don't even bother with Sakura. I like her support best out of the 4 with Tsubaki, but there's really nothing either of them really want from each other and the options are so limited unless you want to run Exorcist Matoi or something I guess

IDK someone write a more detailed analysis I'm not awake rn

Edited by Thor Odinson

Here are the outcomes for Matoi, to follow up on Thor Odinson.

EDIT: And the table formatting got messed up…

Mother’s Name

STR

MAG

SKL

SPD

LCK

DEF

RES

Dad Gains

Mom Gains

Matoi gets

Felicia

+3

+3

+0

+0

+3

+1

Rod Knight

Pegasus Knight

Rod Knight

Azura

+0

+1

+4

+2

+0

+1

+0

Rod Knight

none

Rod Knight

Mozume

+0

+1

+4

+0

+1

+4

Bowman

Pegasus

Villager

Rinkah

+1

+1

+0

+0

+6

+0

Oni Savage

Pegasus

Oni Savage

Sakura

+0

+3

+2

+0

+0

+3

+0

Priestess

none

Priestess

Hana

+1

+1

+4

+1

+1

+1

none

Pegasus

Priestess

Orochi

+0

+4

+5

+2

+1

Spellcaster

Pegasus

Spellcaster

Hinoka

+1

+0

+2

+0

+0

+3

+2

Lance Fighter

Samurai

Lance Fighter

Setsuna

+0

+1

+4

+2

+3

Bowman

Pegasus

Bowman

Oboro

+1

+0

+4

+0

+5

Lance Fighter

Pegasus

Lance Fighter

Kagerou

+3

+1

+2

+0

+3

+1

Ninja

Pegasus

Ninja

Luna

+1

+2

+1

+0

+5

+0

Mercenary

none

Mercenary

Nyx

+0

+4

+1

+1

+2

+1

Dark Mage

Pegasus

Dark Mage

Edited by astrophys

I'm still sticking with Oboro, I was just curious. Thank you though. And Azura's high in demand? It doesn't seem like it unless your name is Midoriko or Kinu... (as in these are the only pairings with her I've seen so far)

Edit: Fixed Formatting

Let's try again then…

Some details: (moved in an edit)

Tsubaki's basic class set is Pegasus & Samurai. Tsubaki can get a skill from Ninja (A+ Saizou), Priest (A+ Asama), or Outlaw (A+ Zero). Hinata's A+ is wasted as Tsubaki already has Samurai.

Matoi starts with Pegasus and gets Samurai from Tsubaki, so she's Pegasus & Samurai as well.

Tsubaki has 250% growths.

Matoi gets 285% of base personal growths before growth inheritance from her parents.

The exact way these growths inherit is unknown…

I suspect (Mother+Child)/2, from some observations of leveling up in YouTube videos with child seals, but its too small a sample size.

This needs confirmation. If true, Tsubaki's 250% growths don't matter.

When I cite growths, keep in mind that how they are distributed also matters, not just their sum total.

Mozume's Growths are before Aptitude.

Mom/Mom's Grw STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES Dad Gains Mom Gains Matoi gets  Royal Skill from
 Felicia(260%) -2  +3  +3  +0  +0  +3  +1  Rod       Pegasus   Rod         No    Merc;Cav/Dark 
 Azura  (310%) +0  +1  +4  +2  +0  +1  +0  Rod       none      Rod         No    Sing,Priestess;Rod
 Mozume (290%) +0  +1  +4  +0  +1  +4  -2  Bowman    Pegasus   Villager    No    Bow,Lnc,Kgt,Dark
 Rinkah (255%) -1  +1  +1  +0  +0  +6  +0  Oni	     Pegasus   Oni         No	 Ninja,Lan,Sp,F	
 Sakura (310%) +0  +3  +2  +0  +0  +3  +0  Priest    NONE      Priestess   Yes	 Rod
 Hana   (265%) +1  +1  +4  +1  -1  +1  +1  NONE      Pegasus   Priestess   No	 Bow,Kgt,Rod	
 Orochi (275%) +0  +4  +5  -3  -1  +2  +1  Spell.    Pegasus   Spell 	   No	 He,Ni,Lc,On,Da	
 Hinoka (305%) +1  +0  +2  +0  +0  +3  +2  Lance     Samurai   Lance	   Yes	 Pri,Bow,Wy,Rod	
 Setsuna(225%) +0  +1  +4  +2  -1  +3  -1  Bowman    Pegasus   Bowman	   No	 Ninja,Merc	
 Oboro  (280%) +1  +0  +4  +0  -1  +5  -1  Lance     Pegasus   Lance	   No	 Spl,On,Wy,Bow 	
 Kagerou(260%) +3  +1  +2  -2  +0  +3  +1  Ninja     Pegasus   Ninja       No    Spl,Bow,On,Cav 
 Luna   (250%) -1  +1  +2  +1  +0  +5  +0  Mercenary NONE      Mercenary   No	 Bow,Wyv,Cav	  
 Nyx    (235%) +0  +4  +1  +1  -1  +2  +1  Dark Mage Pegasus   Dark Mage   No    Out,Spl,Kgt,F,Bow 

Skill from abbreviations:

Out = Outlaw
Wyv = Wyvern Rider
On = Oni Savage
He = Herb Merchant
F = Fighter
Sp/Spl = Spellcaster
Ni = Ninja
Kgt = Knight
Lnc/Lan/Lc = Lance Fighter
Bow = Bowman
Rod = Rod Knight
Pri = Priestess
Sing = Singer
Dark = Dark Mage
Cav = Cavalier
Merc= Mercenary

Edited by astrophys

I'm still sticking with Oboro, I was just curious. Thank you though. And Azura's high in demand? It doesn't seem like it unless your name is Midoriko or Kinu... (as in these are the only pairings with her I've seen so far)

Being one of the two +3 speed moms (with neutral strength, even, and the -3 def doesn't hurt too much for people who don't also have a -2 def or something in the offense-oriented meta) with the entire male cast as options is a thing

She also comes with her own kid and doesn't really care much about what other people give her, since she's most useful just singing anyway; Shigure cares a bit, though

I've seen support for Takumi since she's his only peg option since he can't A+ Hinoka for it (seriously the royals should be able to A+ all their siblings not just their same-sex ones since they're already 2 S options down from everyone else anyway) , and even though it gives one less promoted class for Takumi, it makes Takumi getting Swallow Strike very efficient and is very good for an ingame option, since all he has to do is just promote to GKW and double harder

Edited by Thor Odinson

Edit: Fixed Formatting

Let's try again then…

Tsubaki's basic class set is Pegasus & Samurai.  

Matoi starts with Pegasus and gets Samurai from Tsubaki, so she's Pegasus & Samurai as well.  

Mother’s Name STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES Dad Gains Mom Gains Matoi gets  Royal?  Skills from
 Felicia       -2  +3  +3  +0  +0  +3  +1  Rod       Pegasus   Rod         No      Merc,Cav (IK), Dark (IK) 
 Azura         +0  +1  +4  +2  +0  +1  +0  Rod       none      Rod         No
 Mozume        +0  +1  +4  +0  +1  +4  -2  Bowman    Pegasus   Villager    No
 Rinkah        -1  +1  +1  +0  +0  +6  +0  Oni	     Pegasus   Oni         No		
 Sakura        +0  +3  +2  +0  +0  +3  +0  Priest    NONE      Priestess   Yes	
 Hana          +1  +1  +4  +1  -1  +1  +1  NONE      Pegasus   Priestess   No		
 Orochi        +0  +4  +5  -3  -1  +2  +1  Spell.    Pegasus   Spell 	   No		
 Hinoka        +1  +0  +2  +0  +0  +3  +2  Lance     Samurai   Lance	   Yes		
 Setsuna       +0  +1  +4  +2  -1  +3  -1  Bowman    Pegasus   Bowman	   No		
 Oboro         +1  +0  +4  +0  -1  +5  -1  Lance     Pegasus   Lance	   No		
 Kagerou       +3  +1  +2  -2  +0  +3  +1  Ninja     Pegasus   Ninja       No
 Luna          -1  +1  +2  +1  +0  +5  +0  Mercenary NONE      Mercenary   No			  
 Nyx   	       +0  +4  +1  +1  -1  +2  +1  Dark Mage Pegasus   Dark Mage   No

Damn you were not kidding about Hinoka being a good mom. However, I think on my main file I'll stick with Oboro. But I'll try out Hinoka some time.

I just absolutely hate the fact that Subaki's so slow T_T

I want speed

give me speed

Cordelia was fast, not slow and bulky T_T

screw you Subaki

if not for that fact, she may have been my main file pairing. but nope. gotta go with Azura