Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if not mix set, probably.

Okay, because, I do want Velour to be in her Managarm class by the end, so...ok, I guess in my main file I'll just make my Asset Strength and do Magic for my first run through! Thanks!~

I know Golden-Kite Warriors aren't that great in general, but how would Oboro be as one?

I'm not sure what skills I'm wanting to give her, but getting two extra movement, ignoring terrain (flying over lava, bottomless pits), and gaining bow utility sounds nifty to me. But would be worth it in comparison to Holy Lancer? I'm at least thinking of getting Lancefaire before switching over.

Edited by Carter

What makes a good physical Kamui!Shigure +str/-luck secondary Lance fighter also buyable skills are considered.

You mean in terms of skills?

Well, do you want him as a Pegasus Warrior, a Lance Fighter, or something else? That dictates what type of build one wants to go towards.

----- end of first part of post -----

ADDENDUM:

I was contemplating alternate builds for Matoi. You know, because even though I really like Hinoka!Matoi, it would be interesting to consider the implications of other various pairings. I've already given substantial thought to the relative merits of Hinoka!Matoi and Luna!Matoi elsewhere in the thread. So today I'll be considering the hypothetical merits of Sakura!Matoi… not that I'll actually use that pairing (or, if I try out a variety of playtrhoughs with different pairings, perhaps I'll do one with Hinoka!Matoi, one with another Matoi, one with yet another Matoi, etc.).

Sakura!Matoi:

Max Stat Mods: +0 STR, +3 MAG, +2 SKL, +0 SPD, +0 LCK, +3 DEF, +0 RES

Assume the following: Actual Personal Growths = [Default Child Growths + Variable Parent Growths]/2 (note: not yet proven)

Personal Growths: 50% HP, 32.5% STR, 32.5% MAG, 40% SKL , 40% SPD, 50% Luck, 32.5% Def, 20% Res

Class Set:

Pegasus Warrior/Falcon Warrior/Golden Kite Warrior

Samurai/Trueblade/Weapons Master

Priestess/War Priestess/Exorcist

Perhaps this Matoi could do really well as a physical-magical hybrid unit. She doesn't get Lancefaire on her own, although she DOES get Tomefaire….

Now, let's consider Sakura!Matoi!Kanna(+MAG/-DEF)

Max Stat Mods: +0 STR, +7 MAG, +2 SKL, +2 SPD, -1 LCK, +0 Def, +1 Res

Assume the following: Actual Personal Growths = [Default Child Growths + Variable Parent Growths]/2 (note: not yet proven)

Personal Growths: 40% HP, 33.75% STR, 31.25% MAG, 40% SKL, 42.5% SPD, 47.5% LCK, 28.5% DEF, 22.5% RES

Class Set:

Nohr Princess/White Blood/Dark Blood

Avatar's Secondary/its two promotion options

Edited by astrophys

You mean in terms of skills?

Well, do you want him as a Pegasus Warrior, a Lance Fighter, or something else? That dictates what type of build one wants to go towards.

----- end of first part of post -----

ADDENDUM:

I was contemplating alternate builds for Matoi. You know, because even though I really like Hinoka!Matoi, it would be interesting to consider the implications of other various pairings. I've already given substantial thought to the relative merits of Hinoka!Matoi and Luna!Matoi elsewhere in the thread. So today I'll be considering the hypothetical merits of Sakura!Matoi… not that I'll actually use that pairing (or, if I try out a variety of playtrhoughs with different pairings, perhaps I'll do one with Hinoka!Matoi, one with another Matoi, one with yet another Matoi, etc.).

Sakura!Matoi:

Max Stat Mods: +0 STR, +3 MAG, +2 SKL, +0 SPD, +0 LCK, +3 DEF, +0 RES

Personal Growths: 50% HP, 32.5% STR, 32.5% MAG, 40% SKL , 40% SPD, 50% Luck, 32.5% Def, 20% Res

Class Set:

Samurai/Trueblade/Weapons Master

Priestess/War Priestess/Exorcist

Perhaps this Matoi could do really well as a physical-magical hybrid unit. She doesn't get Lancefaire on her own, although she DOES get Tomefaire….

Now, let's consider Sakura!Matoi!Kanna(+MAG/-DEF)

Max Stat Mods: +0 STR, +7 MAG, +2 SKL, +2 SPD, -1 LCK, +0 Def, +1 Res

Personal Growths: 40% HP, 33.75% STR, 31.25% MAG, 40% SKL, 42.5% SPD, 47.5% LCK, 28.5% DEF, 22.5% RES

Class Set:

Nohr Princess/White Blood/Dark Blood

Avatar's Secondary/its two promotion options

not a bad secondary replacement for Hinoka!Matoi.

Either FW or HL for Kamui!Shigure would be good.

Actually I"m already rethinking this. I'm thinking about marrying Lazward in Nohr and giving Camilla to Flannel. In this case, what second class would help him out most?

Lazward's 30% Spd growth isn't very fun for him, but Ninja and Elite Ninja's 20% help that out a bit. In fact, I'd personally make Elite Ninja his ending class, because Ninja is pretty much self-sufficient in terms of Skills (It gets the Faire it wants, Copycat, Snake Venom to help with the low Mt of Kunai), and Hero compliments Elite Ninja nicely, with Sol and Axebreaker. You can pass him whatever you want, there is nothing he especially wants, but make sure it's Hoshidan or exceptionally rare Nohrian (Outlaw comes to mind, though Lazward can't really benefit from it since he can already pick locks and he has Bow Knight).

As for Pieri, the only thing she wants is Berserker (which she has through Buddying Charlotte) and Galeforce, which she can get. Pieri is pretty locked and loaded, if you ask me, likely the second best non-royal first gen (barring maybe Hinoka), second only to Charlotte. She has Bind to patch up her meh Skl and the low Hit of Axes, Lifetaker, Luna if you want it, and Sol if you don't like Lifetaker. Really she only wants Oni for Counter and Ogre Strike, but she can't get it without marriage to the Avatar. Honestly she'd only really benefit from marriage to Jakob or Arthur, as these both allow her to get Tomebreaker and Berserker (Marry Jakob/Buddy Charlotte or Marry Arthur/Buddy Felicia).

Edited by JothTheConqueror

Lazward's 30% Spd growth isn't very fun for him, but Ninja and Elite Ninja's 20% help that out a bit. In fact, I'd personally make Elite Ninja his ending class, because Ninja is pretty much self-sufficient in terms of Skills (It gets the Faire it wants, Copycat, Snake Venom to help with the low Mt of Kunai), and Hero compliments Elite Ninja nicely, with Sol and Axebreaker. You can pass him whatever you want, there is nothing he especially wants, but make sure it's Hoshidan or exceptionally rare Nohrian (Outlaw comes to mind, though Lazward can't really benefit from it since he can already pick locks and he has Bow Knight).

I'll most likely just go Spellcaster then. Tomefaire for Dark Blood, Breaking Sky...

And really? I was thinking I'd make his ending class Brave Hero, though I'd at least put him through Elite Ninja for some skills and, apparently, a better speed growth, hehe...

Ahh that makes sense. I'll try it out, and if it isn't to my tastes, I can just turn him into a Brave Hero. Thank you though~

In this case...

Elite Ninja!Lazward

Kunaifaire

Breaking Sky/Luna (from A+ with Marxander)

Axebreaker

Sol/Copycat Puppet

Snake Venom

http://imgur.com/a/tbBM7

Like I posted in the S-rank thread, these are the pairings I have. The IK ones are most likely, at some time, going to change. Any recs?

Most are great to meh, but I think you should reconsider marrying off Benoit to Rinkah. Her mods outside of def just hurt Ingis, and the only great skill I can think of that he gets from her is counter.

Most are great to meh, but I think you should reconsider marrying off Benoit to Rinkah. Her mods outside of def just hurt Ingis, and the only great skill I can think of that he gets from her is counter.

Like I said, it's a work in progress for right now when it comes to IK mostly. Who do you recommend he gets then?

Oboro is the much better choice if you want his third route exclusive. Giving Ingis lancefaire is a lovely idea. Thanks to Benoit being versatile as is, you should just focus on his strengths and work from there.

Camilla, Belka, Pieri and Oboro are his best pairs.

Oboro is the much better choice if you want his third route exclusive. Giving Ingis lancefaire is a lovely idea. Thanks to Benoit being versatile as is, you should just focus on his strengths and work from there.

Camilla, Belka, Pieri and Oboro are his best pairs.

Then I can give Setsuna to Zero and Oboro to Benoit? That sounds good.

That'll give Ephonie +7 speed. That scares me a bit. Plus Zero can get the bow class and nab bowfaire if he sticks to Adventurer or Bow Knight. I think it might be a pretty great pairing.

Mhm! I'll admit the only pairings I was 100% sure I was doing were the ones involving the royal siblings and Elfie x Asama. I really like the two we just figured out though. Any help with others would be appreciated though, I'll admit...