Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ophelia, probably. Honestly, she can be formed as a physical unit if you really wanted, despite her wanting to use tomes thanks to personal skill, personal tome, etc. It'd work if you paired Odin with Camilla better than Belka, but she passes a -magic mod so Ophelia will still be physically oriented. But hey, at least you can use Mistletainn on a dragon :^)

Camilla!Ophelia Revenant

HP 46
STR 33 + 15
MAG 33 + 15
SKL 48 + 10
SPD 45 + 5
LUK 50
DEF 31 + 10
RES 31 + 15

Mods: +2 STR, +1 MAG, +3 SKL, +1 SPD, 0 LUCK, +2 DEF, 0 RES

Class Caps: HP:55/STR: 33/MAG: 31/SKL:31/SPD:28/LUK:25/DEF:33/RES:31

-Vantage(pass down)
-Vengeance
-Bowbreaker
-Overbearing/Deadly Breath
-Tomefaire (A+ With Syalla)
​She can support with Syalla in the 3rd route so she can nab Tomefaire and be even better.

Edited by Duke of Dozel

Then who would make a good Revenant Knight? :O Considering 1st and 2nd gen characters

Belka!Grey seems to be weirdly suited for Revenant Knight. Saizou/Grey's weirdly good magic mods make Grey great for hybrids, and Belka... sure is on a Wyvern. Saizou can A+ Subaki to pass down Swallow Strike to cover up that nasty speed, and Belka can pass down Axefaire from Fighter. Grey can then marry Syalla or Mitama for Tomefaire access or whatever. Saizou and Belka also come with the Snake Venom/Deadly Breath combo baked right in, if that's your thing. It's also worth mentioning that Belka!Grey's Skill is moderately bonkers, so any procs are nice to have.

Belka!Grey

1/1/6/-3/1/4/-2

- Axefaire

- Tomefaire

- Swallow Strike

- Flowing Strike/Astra

- Breaking Sky (Marriage with Syalla/A+ with Shinonome)

Also, I noticed one pairing that I had kind of written off before but think could actually work out pretty well: Effie!Syalla (she has to marry Lutz for Wyvern, btw). It may seem like a waste not to use Effie for a purely physical kid, but the caps are actually pretty great and the mods are fine, too, since Tsukuyomi is a bit of a Str/Mag hybrid, himself. She has a lot of great skills built right in, so she's pretty flexible in whatever build you could want. Something along these lines sounds pretty nice, though:

Effie!Syalla (x Lutz)

4/2/-1/4/2/-1/-1

- Axefaire

- Tomefaire

- Luna/Breaking Sky

- Diamond Strike

- Swallow Strike/Mirror Strike (A+ Matoi)

Edited by Majestic Plural

Belka!Grey seems to be weirdly suited for Revenant Knight. Saizou/Grey's weirdly good magic mods make Grey great for hybrids, and Belka... sure is on a Wyvern. Saizou can A+ Subaki to pass down Swallow Strike to cover up that nasty speed, and Belka can pass down Axefaire from Fighter. Grey can then marry Syalla or Mitama for Tomefaire access or whatever. Saizou and Belka also come with the Snake Venom/Deadly Breath combo baked right in, if that's your thing. It's also worth mentioning that Belka!Grey's Skill is moderately bonkers, so any procs are nice to have.

Belka!Grey

1/1/6/-3/1/4/-2

- Axefaire

- Tomefaire

- Swallow Strike

- Flowing Strike/Astra

- Breaking Sky (Marriage with Syalla/A+ with Shinonome)

Or you can just make Grey Marry Shara, since she has access, to both Tomefaire, and Breaking Sky for Grey without needing to buddy seal Shinonome for Breaking Sky actually.! Edited by Tide of Waves

I've focused on Matoi a lot before (as I make no effort to hide that she's my Fates' "waifu" of choice), but I want to take things in a different direction this time…. Matoi!Kanna….

Specifically, whom should I have Kanna marry among the 2nd gens? Buddy with?

Now, I'm planning to run either a +MAG/-DEF Avatar or a +MAG/-STR Avatar for "role-playing" reasons. Likewise, the Avatar's secondary will be Dark Mage. I'm planning to marry him to Hinoka!Matoi to produce Hinoka!Matoi!Kanna.

Obviously, this isn't an "optimal" combination by any stretch of the imagination, but what would be the best that I could do with it, in terms of whom to marry Kanna with and whom to buddy her with? Which skills should the Avatar and Matoi try passing down to her?

As mods go, Hinoka!Matoi has +1 Str, +0 Mag, +2 Skl, +0 Spd, +0 Lck, +3 Def, and +2 Res.

A +MAG/-DEF Avatar has +0 Str, +4 Mag, +0 Skl, +2 Spd, -1 Lck, -3 Def, +1 Res

A +MAG/-STR Avatar has -3 Str, +4 Mag, -1 Skl, +2 Spd, +0 Lck, -1 Def, +2 Res

+MAG/-DEF Hinoka!Matoi!Kanna has +1 Str, +4 Mag, +2 Skl, +2 Spd, -1 Lck, +0 Def, +3 Res

+MAG/-STR Hinoka!Matoi!Kanna has -2 Str, +4 Mag, +1 Skl, +2 Spd, +0 Lck, +2 Def, +4 Res

EDIT: Fixed a error where I mislabeled Skl as Mag in one place.

Hinoka!Matoi!Kanna (fathered by a Dark Mage Avatar) will have Nohr Princess/White Blood (Hoshido+IK only)/Dark Blood (Nohr+IK only), Dark Mage/Dark Knight/Sorcerer, and Pegasus Warrior/Falcon Warrior/Golden Kite Warrior.

What's the best I can do with this Kanna moving on from here?

Edited by astrophys

Because I was bored, and I know a lot of people are saying this is a good pair:

Charlotte!Seigbert

Growths (w/ cavalier boosts added)

HP: 50% + 10
STR: 50% + 15
SKL: 40% + 10
SPD: 43% + 10
LUK: 50% + 15
DEF: 31% + 10
RES: 13% + 5 or 10 when promoted to Paladin.

Mods: +6 STR, 0 MAG, 0 SKL, +2 SPD, +3 LUK, 0 DEF, -3 RES

Access to Cavalier, Wyvern, Fighter

I'd say he's gonna want Aegis at all times with that terrible resistance.

Well, yes, Charlotte will make his RES stink pretty badly…. other pairings could be potentially better if the RES is such a concern.

I often suggest Charlotte mainly from a Xander-centric perspective…. large STR and SPD as a S-rank Berserker support (+8 STR, +5 SPD) could really help Xander out, giving his apparently speed issues. Oh, and she also gives him Hero access if he wants it (for Sol, etc.)

But I'd imagine that pairs like Effie x Xander could be interesting too… class overlap, but it lets both of these units pick up Pavise + Aegis if they want too, as well as their son. Of course, PavGis isn't a terribly reliable strategy given skill totals, but it can relieve some pressure or offer an additional safety margin.

EDIT: Also, are you sure that growths are still calculated in the manner of Awakening?

Edited by astrophys

If you want to take it a step further, have Ophelia marry Shinonome in the 3rd route so she can get breaking sky and flamboyant. Then she's truly a beast.

Edited by Duke of Dozel

So, I've been thinking about what I want to do with my waifu Shinonome and Kanna (+spd/-def dark mage secondary avatar). This is what I'm considering (the pairings are already decided, I'm just waiting to start Shinonome's paralouge until I know what skills I'm passing down):

Oboro!Shinonome @ Holy Lancer:

Mods: 3/0/4/3/1/0/-2

Skills:

Lancefaire

Breaking Sky

Copycat

Raven Strike (A+ w/ Kisaragi)

Lifetaker (S rank w/ Avatar)

Oboro!Shinonome!Kanna @ --Undecided--:

Mods: 3/0/6/7/2/-3/-3

Skills:

Breaking Sky

Hoshido

Lifetaker

Diamond Strike

Magic counter (S rank w/ Mitama)

EDIT: Also, are you sure that growths are still calculated in the manner of Awakening?

[cite] Duke of Dozel [/cite]

I believe that is the case.

You know what, I decided to check this out, so I just crunched a bunch of numbers and then consulted someone's YouTube playthrough video to get the actual results compared to my predictions. Skip ahead to 6 minutes and 59 seconds, as Luna!Matoi uses a Child Seal.

Source:

So, in the sequence that follows, we can see the stats she gets from promoting and then leveling to 18 in the promoted class (a gain of 17 levels).

Although she actually promotes to Falcon Warrior in the video, we also see what the stat boosts for Golden Kite Warrior would be.

So let's compare the actual results to the predicted results under the two hypotheses: growths like Awakening vs. growths that average the mother and child.

Of course, there might be some RNG involved (or not, I'm not sure how its handled with child seals), but the 17 levels beyond promotion would give us some time to have a better chance of converging towards trends than say 1, 2, 5 or some smaller number of levels would.

PROMOTION TO FALCON WARRIOR:

Actual result: +10 HP, +9 Str, +7 Mag, +8 Skil, +13 Spd, +11 Lck, +10 Def, +11 Res, +1 Move

Awakening average result: +10.5 HP, +9.083 STR, +7.9666 Mag, +9.216 Skl, +11.5 Spd, +10.066 Lck, +10.0833 Def, +9.5166 Res

Mother + Child average: +10.075 HP, +9.225 Str, +7.4 Mag, +8.225 Skl, +12.775 Spd, +10.775 Lck, +9.8 Def, +10.65 Res

HP: Borderline, but no strong indication; Awakening could have just as easily gone to either 10 or 11 HP.

STR: No major indications here

MAG: Now, we'd expect a good chance of +8 under the Awakening average, but we get +7, which is the Mother+Child average result

SKL: We got one less Skl than predicted by the Awakening average, but this is what the Mother+Child result would predict

Spd: We'd have gotten 11 or 12 Spd most likely under Awakening rules… but we get 13 instead… and 12.775 rounds up to 13, so the Mother+Child average rule works again

Lck: The Awakening result is more likely to round down to 10, while the mom+child is more likely to round up to the actual 11

Def: No major indications; both would round to the same

Res: Awakening predicts 9 or 10 RES as most likely… Mother+Child average rounds up to (and is closer to) 11, which is what actually happened

PROMOTION TO GOLDEN KITE WARRIOR

Actual Result: 9 HP, 7 Str, 3 Mag, 12 Skl, 11 Spd, 10 Lck, 9 Def, 8 Res

Awakening average result: 9. 5 HP, 7.233 Str, 3.2666 Mag, 13.06 Skl, 9.5 Spd, 9.2166 Lck, 9.0833 Def, 6.666 Res

Mother + Child average result: 9.075 HP, 7.375 Str, 2.7 Mag, 12.075 Skl, 10.775 Spd, 9.925 Lck, 8.8 Def, 7.8 Res

HP: Awakening would give either 9 or 10; Mother + Child gives 9.

Str: Both predict the same result

Mag: Both predict roughly the same result (round up and down by similar amount)

Skl: Awakening predicts too much skill; 13 instead of the 12 we got. Mother + Child average predicts skill correctly, at 12

Spd: Awakening predicts too little speed, at 9 or 10, depending on rounding. Mother + Child average gives 10.775, which rounds up to the 11 we saw

Lck: Awakening predicts 9 luck; we get 10. Mother+ Child average predicts 9.925 Lck, which easily rounds up to 10, which is what we got.

Def: Both predict values which easily round to 9, which is what we got.

Res: Awakening predicts 6 or 7 Res. But we got 8. The Mother + Child average prediction of 7.8 is a much more plausible correspondence to 8 Res.

CONCLUSION:

Having run through the number again just now, it seems almost certain that the actual growth rate of the children obeys this rule:

Actual Personal Growth Rate = [Default Personal Growth Rate + Variable Parent's (Normally the Mother's) Personal Growth Rate]/2

Similarly, it appears that the Awakening formula of

Actual Personal Growth Rate = [Default Personal Growth Rate + Father's Personal Growth Rate + Mother's Personal Growth Rate]/3

doesn't work here… it consistently over-predicted the actual skill (Tsubaki has 50% SKL growth, higher than default Matoi's 40% and Luna's 25%) and consistently under predicted SPD (Tsubaki is weaker, at 20% vs. 45% and 40% ), LCK (Tsubaki is weaker at it than either of them, 25% vs. 30% vs. 45%), and RES (Tsubaki is weaker, at 5% vs. 30% and 20%).

Basically, these over-predictions and under-predictions of the old Awakening formula vs. what we actually saw is consistent with what would be happening if the real formula was omitting Tsubaki's growth's contributions entirely and was simply averaging between Luna and Matoi's Growths.

Edited by astrophys

It also means that if I'm interested in running a +MAG/-(something) Avatar that his growths are probably not going to reflect onto Kanna, meaning that stat-wise a wife who helps out those areas more….

Hinoka!Matoi would end up with only a 15% Mag growth, which would then drag down Kanna's magic in turn… (Kanna has 30% magic growth).

Perhaps I should consider Sakura!Matoi instead…

Matoi [default]: 55% HP, 35% Str, 15% Mag, 40% Skl, 40% Spd, 45% Lck, 35% Def, 20% Res

Sakura: 45% HP, 30% Str, 50% Skl, 40% Skl, 40% Spd, 55% Lck, 30% Def, 20% Res

Hinoka: 45% HP, 45% Str, 15 Mag, 40% Skl, 45% Spd, 40% Lck, 35% Def, 40% Res

Sakura!Matoi: 50% HP, 32.5% Str, 32.5% Mag, 40% Skl, 40% Spd, 50% Lck, 32.5% Def, 20% Res

Hinoka!Matoi: 50% HP, 40% Str, 15% Mag, 40% Skl, 42.5% Spd, 42.5% Lck, 35% Def, 30% Res

Hinoka!Matoi +1 Str, +0 Mag, +2 Skl, +0 Spd, +0 Lck, +3 Def, +2 Res

Sakura!Matoi +0 Str, +3 Mag, +2 Skl, +0 Spd, +0 Lck, +3 Def, +0 Res

Kanna [default]: 30% HP, 35% Str, 30% Mag, 40% Skl, 45% Spd, 45% Lck, 25% Def, 25% Res

Sakura could help make Kanna a better Dragonstone/Levin Sword/Tome user.

Of course, there is the problem that Hinoka only gets to pass down her Lance Fighter if she goes for Hinoka!Matoi, and that's a valuable class, so that's a counter-argument to be made…. and Hinoka!Matoi has better defenses: 35% DEF (vs. 32.5%) and 30% Res (vs. 20%) , as well as tied +3 Def and +2 Res vs. +0 Res.

Sakura!Matoi has a higher magic mod, which would ultimately work against Prodigy for magic enemies but mean almost nothing against physical enemies. It would also give 3 more magic to Kanna.

What do you think?

Well, yes….. its just a Matoi/Cordelia bias on my part…. this always led to issues for me in Awakening too because my favored stat (Magic) and my character's wife and her daughter were themselves lackluster in that stat by default…. but I pressed on anyways…..

Well, at least stat-growth wise Matoi definitely has one thing going for her: of the second gen women, she has the highest DEFAULT personal HP growth of all of them. Although in practice, a higher growth mother like Charlotte could allow some of the others to overtake her if she's allocated to them. Still, it means she'll be rather high up there (50% with Hinoka!Matoi/Sakura!Matoi, for example), which will help salvage Kanna's lower HP growth to an extent (30%-->40%).

Matoi: 55

Velour: 50

Ophelia, Midoriko, Mitama: 45

Syalla: 40

Sophie, Kinu: 35

Eponine: 30

Soleil: 25

So have we confirmed rn that growths work just with Mother and Child? Or there's still a chance that it works like Awakening?

It's kind of odd that your asset/flaw won't affect Kanna in terms of growths :/ But I guess this formula goes well with other pairings though.

Edit: Condensed this entire entry on growth rate calculations and determining whether my proposed formalu works into spoiler tags to save space on the page

Spoiler tagged area considers:

Elise!Kisaragi (Bowman and Golden Kite Warrior)

Rinkah!Shinonome (Holy Lancer and Basara)

Hinoka!Seigbert (magic and resistance only)

Camilla!Velour (Managarmr)

Pieri!Soleil (Bow Knight)

Oboro!Hisame (magic and speed for Trueblade and Weapons Master)

Well I mean, its just me who is doing these calculations, and if a counter example could be found, it could disprove my ideas.

And if there is RNG, I suppose TECHNICALLY it is possible for them to randomly land this way even if it worked like Awakening.

Let's see: Elise!Kisaragi Bowman--> Lv. 18 Golden Kite Warrior:

Source:

Actual/Predictions

Actual:

+7 HP, +4 Str, +6 Mag, +11 Skl, +14 Spd, +15 Lck, +6 Def, +13 Res

Mother + Child (No Father's Growths) Prediction:

+6.735 HP, 3.675 Str, 6.525 Mag, 10.5 Skl, 14.475 Spd, 15.325 Lck, 4.675 Def, 13.225 Res

Awakening Growths:

7.0833 HP, 4.3833 Str, 4.6833 Mag, 11.916 Skl, 13.7666 Spd, 14.6166 Lck, 5.1 Def, 12.8 Res

HP: Both round to 7

Str: Both round to 4

Mag: Mother+Child goes to 6 or 7, closer to 7, but could conceivably be 6 depending on the exact rules used [actual: 6]; Awakening goes to 4 or 5, definitely falling short [actual: 6] --> Closer to the Mother + Child Result

Skl: Mother + Child goes to 10.5, halfway between 10 and 11 [actual: 11]; Awakening goes to 11.916, which could go to 11 but is much closer to 12, which would a clear over-prediction

Spd: Mother + Child is 14.475, round down to 14. Awakening is 13.766, likely going to 14.

Lck: Mother + Child gives us 15 luck; Awakening gives us 14 or 15, and could round to 15.

DEF: STRANGE… BOTH come out to the wrong answer; 5 seems a likely value of both {4.675 vs. 5.1, although Awakening is actually closer here}…. it should have been 6. Not sure why the formula broke down (although if the base values of Bowman's defense was off, that could account for it… or it could be RNG-related quirks in the handling of it]

RES: Both come to around 13; Mother + Child rounds down to it, Awakening rounds up to it.

Oh, and the Holy Bowman that was not taken:

Actual:

11 HP, 8 Str, 5 Mag, 12 Skl, 15 Spd, 12 Lck, 9 Def, 6 Res

Mother + Child Prediction:

10.075 Hp, 8.375 Str, 5.525 Mag, 11.5 Skl, 15.475 Spd, 11.625 Lck, 8.375 Def, 5.675 Res

Awakening prediction:

10.7833 HP, 9.0833 Str, 3.68333 Mag, 12.916 Skl, 14.76666 Spd, 10.91666 Lck, 8.8 Def, 5.25 Res

HP: Neither of them hits 11 outright… Awakening actually comes closer here, and could quite easily be rounded up…. Mother + Child only just barely scrapes above 10… but its its above 10, so maybe some funky rounding rules or RNG in the calculations is coming into play…. still, this is a weak performance for mother + child on this stat

Str: Mother + Child gives the correct result here, with 8 STR; Awakening obviously overshoots it with 9 STR, which is too much

Mag: Mother + Child gives the 5.525 Mag, which could round to 5 or 6; the actual answer, 5, is one of these values. Awakening's growths wouldn't give this, they'd give 3 or 4 magic (3.68333) due to Takumi's 0% magic growth #blametakumi

Skl: Mohter+Child is halfway between 11 and 12; the answer is 12; it could plausibly be right. Awakening gives 12.916, which strictly speaking could still give 12 if rounded down to the last whole number, but is FAR closer to giving 13.

Spd: Both seem likely to give 15 here.

Lck: Mother + Child wins this one. 11.625 Luck could end up as 11 or 12; the answer is 12. Awakening gives 10.9166 luck, which is 10 or more plausibly 11, which is too little.

Def: The answer is 9 here… both give results less than 8 but more than 9. The Awakening result actually is much closer here (Mother + Child is closer to 8, but still more than it)

Res: The answer is 6; both come in at between 5 and 6; Mother + Child is the closer round to 6

So there were some more irregularities in this one, but Mother +Child still seems to be doing reasonably well, accounting for things like magic that don't work out with Awakening growths.

ADDENDUM: Rinkah!Shinonome

Holy Lancer:

Actual:

11 HP, 12 Str, 1 Mag, 12 Skl, 12 Spd, 8 Lck, 11 Def, 7 Res

Mother+Child Prediction:

9.5 HP, 11.925 Str, 1.275 Mag, 12.2 Skl, 11.35 Spd, 7.8 Lck, 11.35 Def, 6. 1 Res

Awakening:

10.35 HP, 12.35 Str, 0.85 Mag, 12.483333 Skl, 11.6333 Spd, 8.0333 Lck, 10.78 Def, 6.1 Res

----> Ryoma actually comes in as a better fit here… there's a bit of an HP inconsistency for Mother+Child….

Basara:

Actual:

13 HP, 9 Str, 8 Mag, 10 Skl, 11 Spd, 12 Lck, 11 Def, 11 Res

Mother + Child Prediction:

12.35 HP, 9.075 Str, 7.975 Mag, 10.35 Skl, 9.5 Spd, 11.5 Lck, 8.5 Def, 8.95 Res

Awakening:

13.2 HP, 9.5 Str, 7.55 Mag, 10.633 Skl, 9.7833 Spd, 11.783 Lck 7.9333 Def, 8.95 Res

This is weird…. both Awakening and Mother+Child grossly under-predict the DEF (although Mother+Child comes closer); the also both under predict RES by the same margin

THey are consistent with STr, Mag [mother closer], Skl [Awakening closer[, both under predict Spd (10 instead of 11), and get luck that can be 12.

I don't know what's up here.

So this one is weird.

ADDENDUM:

Didn't work out the full numbers this …..

Hinoka!Seigbert is getting higher values for RES than either of them would predict, but counting Hinoka only gets one closer:

4.1 RES vs. 3.25 RES for the predictions but 5 RES in the actual gains….

For magic, 2.7 MAG vs. 2.41 MAG as a Paladin and 1.7 vs. 1.41 as a Cavalier; the actual gain is 2…. these cannot exacty be told apart.

ADDENDUM:

Camilla!Velour:

Actual: 15 HP, 16 Str, 2 Mag, 12 Skl, 12 Spd, 8 Lck, 12 Def, 7 Res

Mother+Child: 14.05 Hp, 14.9 St, 2.125 Mag, 10.5 Skl,, 11.625 Spd, 6.95 Lck, 11.5 Def, 7.375 Res

Awakening: 14.9 Hp, 15.466 Str, 1.416 Mag, 9.083 Skl, 10.916 Spd, 6.95 Lck, 12.0666 Def, 6.6666 Res

HP: Awakening more likely, could be either

Str: Awakening wins here…. Mother + Child is 1 short

Mag: Mother + Child is more likely, Awakening would need a large rounding

Skl: Both undershoot, but Mother+Child gives a result that is closer to the real value (12, it gives 10.5, Awakening is lower at 9.08333)

Spd: Mother + Child wins here, with 11.625 --> 12 more plausible than 10.916 for 12

Lck: Both get the same under-prediction

Def: Both could be 12

Res: Both could be 7

ADDENDUM: Last one for now, as I'm spending too much time on this when I should be doing other things.

Pieri!SoleiL:

EDIT: This is for a Bow Knight

Actual: 7 HP, 12 Str, 0 Mag, 10 Skl, 13 Spd, 11 Lck, 6 Def, 13 Res

Mother/Child: 7.375 HP, 12.05 St, 0.425 Mag, 9.075 Skl, 12.775 Spd, 8.5 Lck, 5.1 Def, 12.925 Res

Awakening: 8.65 HP, 11.4833 Str, 0.283 Mag, 9.7833 Skl, 12.0667 Spd, 9.35 Lck, 5.3833 Def, 11.933 Res

HP: Mother/Child; Lazward has much higher HP growths (50%) than either Pieri (30%) or Soleil (25%) and if he's averaged in he predicts something far larger than is actually observed… his growths would suggest +8 or even +9, whereas Pieri and Solei predict a value of 7.375 which is much, much closer to the +7 actually observed.

Str: Tends toward mother/child

Mag: Can't distinguish

Skl: Tends towards Awakening

Spd: Tends towards Mother/Child

Lck: Both too low, tends toward Awakening

Def: Both too low, slight lean to Awakening

Res: Mother/Child (12 or 13, very close to actual 13), Awakening gives 11 or 12 and is thus 1 too low

EDIT: I'm back after dinner…. I'll just do another brief entry

Oboro!Hisame's Magic and Speed:

Oboro and Hisame both have 40% Speed growth. Hinata has 15%.

If its the average of Oboro and Hisame, his growth should stay 40%. If not and it works like Awakening, it should drop to 31.6667%, which over the course of 17 levels should cost Hisame 1.4166 speed compared to this other possibility.

If Oboro and Hisame average:

Trueblade Promotion and seal to 18 : [40% personal + 20% class] * 17 + 3 promo = 13.2 --> expect +13 SPD

Weapon Master Promotion and seal to 18: [40% personal +10% class]*17 +1 promo = 9.5 --> expect +9 or +10 SPD

If Oboro, Hisame, and Hinata average:

Trueblade Promotion and seal to 18 : [31.66667% personal +20% class]*17+3 promo = 11.78 ---> expect ~ +12 SPD

Weapon Master Promotion and seal to 18: [31.66667% personal +10% class]*17 +1 promo = 8.0833 --> expect +8 SPD

Actual results:

Trueblade Level 18: +13 SPD

Weapons Master Level 18: +10 SPD

As for Magic…. .Oboro has 20% and the others have 0%. Trueblades get +2 on promo; Weapon Masters get 0. Trueblades have 5% magic growth, which account for another 0.85 magic over 17 level.

If Oboro's magic averages with Hisame's default for his adjusted personal growth, he should have 10% personal magic growth. This would make his Trueblade promotion give an average amount of +4.55 magic.

He actually gets +5, which is a reasonable outcome giving RNG.

As a Weapons Master, he should get 1.7 magic = (10% personal +0% class) * 17 + 0 promo. He actually gets +2, which is a reasonable outcome given RNG.

If he had averaged all of his parent's magic growths, he would have gotten 6.667% personal growth. He would have gotten 1.133333 magic as a Weapon Master, which would have been significantly more likely to have shown up as +1 rather than +2. As a true blade he should have gained 3.98333 magic in this case, which would have probably shown up as a +4; but instead he got +5.

Mother and Child growths averaging seems to work better in this case as well.

Conclusion: There are a few occasional oddities (perhaps due to RNG in leveling sometimes providing a noticeably atypical result), but overall it does seem that this works pretty well:

[Variable Parent + Child Default]/2

Edit: Actually, technically speaking, I've only tested mothers with fathers with fixed, non-Kanna children. So Kanna is not tested yet.

Edited by astrophys

I just start playing my IK route and i pick this asset and flaws for my avatar. In this route i will marry Luna again but i see that the stats change in this route and i want to know if my calculation is correct for kanna.

kamui ( +strenght -luck)

mods: 2 -1 2 0 -2 2 0

Luna

mods: -1 0 -1 2 0 1 0

luna!kanna

mods: 1 -1 1 2 -2 3 0

Answer: The calculation is wrong… you have the wrong mods for the Avatar (you didn't get the STR mod from +STR correctly, the -LCK mod value is not correct, and you forgot the child bonus)

+STR: +4 Str, +2 Skl, +2 Def

-LCK: -1 Str, -1 Mag, -3 Lck

Child bonus: +1 Str, +1 Mag, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Lck, +1 Def, +1 Res

Luna: -1 Str, +0 Mag, -1 Skl, +2 Spd, +0 Lck, +1 Def, +0 Res

+3 Str, +0 Mag, +2 Skl, +3 Spd, -2 Lck, +4 Def, +1 Res

---> 11 net stat point gain (13 gained, 2 lost) ---> 3 from Avatar (+8 gained, -5 lost), 7 from child bonus (+7 gained, 0 lost), 1 from Luna (+3 gained, -2 lost)

Edited by astrophys

Answer: The calculation is wrong… you have the wrong mods for the Avatar (you didn't get the STR mod from +STR correctly, the -LCK mod value is not correct, and you forgot the child bonus)

+STR: +4 Str, +2 Skl, +2 Def

-LCK: -1 Str, -1 Mag, -3 Lck

Child bonus: +1 Str, +1 Mag, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Lck, +1 Def, +1 Res

Luna: -1 Str, +0 Mag, -1 Skl, +2 Spd, +0 Lck, +1 Def, +0 Res

+3 Str, +0 Mag, +2 Skl, +3 Spd, -2 Lck, +4 Def, +1 Res

---> 11 net stat point gain (13 gained, 2 lost) ---> 3 from Avatar (+8 gained, -5 lost), 7 from child bonus (+7 gained, 0 lost), 1 from Luna (+3 gained, -2 lost)

Thanks for the quick answer, i totally forgot the child bonus

Is there a list for what classes are granted by all possible marriages? I know there's going to be some erdd with overlap, so I'm hoping I can use it as a quick overview while I'm planning. Something akin to this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xd0pBZ4oQtk7o3fBXUcCGCXc8tQ3BFSx4CcknOkPKTc/edit?pli=1#gid=1826942053- but marriage centric.

Hi everyone! Tumblr user amagicrobot released a whole guide on how to achieve the "best" Ophelia, including skills, parents, end class, and role in the team! It's extremely insightful, and a great guide if you want to have Ophelia in an online or StreetPass team.

http://amagicrobot.tumblr.com/post/129161830448/building-the-best-ophelia