Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

Since Nishiki gets Spellcaster, and thus Basara, I won't need to worry about getting him breaking sky in any way. Does Nishiki benefit from any Nohr classes that Kamui can get? I'm doing an "avoid the implications" run where I marry Nishiki. And thus by proxy, I'll need a pairing for Takumi.

Hoshido version btw.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Nishiki gets Spellcaster, and thus Basara, I won't need to worry about getting him breaking sky in any way. Does Nishiki benefit from any Nohr classes that Kamui can get? I'm doing an "avoid the implications" run where I marry Nishiki. And thus by proxy, I'll need a pairing for Takumi.

Hoshido version btw.

You could get the Knight line for Nishiki so he gets Diamond Strike and Pavise to help with his low defense and Luna to deal more damage, but I'm personally going Fighter mainly so Mitama would have a good physical class (Kanna x Mitama aaaay).

Either of his A+ Supports are good (Hinata/Samurai or Asama/Priest), but I think Asama is better since Priest lets him get Renewal and Magic Counter. You can also stack Renewal with Even Nap so he recovers 70% of his HP on even turns and 30% on odd. Also, Magic Counter would let him tank magic attacks even more. You also get Miracle but that's kinda meh.

With Hinata/Samurai: [spoiler=kinda long paragraph]You're getting Astra but it's activation rate is Skill x.5 and Nishiki already has -3. He does also get Line of Death, but Nishiki already has low defense so it might be risky. Swordfaire's useless if he's staying a fox, and Vantage is ehh since you don't want him to be taking damage anyways due to his -2. If you couple Vantage w/ Line of Death, it might be good but that's already 2 skillslots. Flowing Strike is meh and Strength Seal is kinda good imo and could ensure he stays alive if you couple it with Vantage and Line of Death, but I that's already 3/5 skillslots. It might turn out to be good, but I'd feel more tempted to recover 100% of my health in two turns and be able to scare 100% of all mages away but that's probably because I'm scared to actually try a build that relies on you being on low health.

Also this is kinda biased but I love Takumi x Oboro, and Kisaragi's mods are

STR: 3

MAG: 0

SKL: 5

SPD: 0

LCK :1

DEF: 2

RES:-2

that5skltho it's what nishiki wishes he had

Setsuna might be a good alternative to Oboro!Kisaragi as they have similar mods (in order from STR--->RES: 2,1,5,2,1,0,-2).

You could get the Knight line for Nishiki so he gets Diamond Strike and Pavise to help with his low defense and Luna to deal more damage, but I'm personally going Fighter mainly so Mitama would have a good physical class (Kanna x Mitama aaaay).

Either of his A+ Supports are good (Hinata/Samurai or Asama/Priest), but I think Asama is better since Priest lets him get Renewal and Magic Counter. You can also stack Renewal with Even Nap so he recovers 70% of his HP on even turns and 30% on odd. Also, Magic Counter would let him tank magic attacks even more. You also get Miracle but that's kinda meh.

With Hinata/Samurai: [spoiler=kinda long paragraph]You're getting Astra but it's activation rate is Skill x.5 and Nishiki already has -3. He does also get Line of Death, but Nishiki already has low defense so it might be risky. Swordfaire's useless if he's staying a fox, and Vantage is ehh since you don't want him to be taking damage anyways due to his -2. If you couple Vantage w/ Line of Death, it might be good but that's already 2 skillslots. Flowing Strike is meh and Strength Seal is kinda good imo and could ensure he stays alive if you couple it with Vantage and Line of Death, but I that's already 3/5 skillslots. It might turn out to be good, but I'd feel more tempted to recover 100% of my health in two turns and be able to scare 100% of all mages away but that's probably because I'm scared to actually try a build that relies on you being on low health.

Also this is kinda biased but I love Takumi x Oboro, and Kisaragi's mods are

STR: 3

MAG: 0

SKL: 5

SPD: 0

LCK :1

DEF: 2

RES:-2

that5skltho it's what nishiki wishes he had

Setsuna might be a good alternative to Oboro!Kisaragi as they have similar mods (in order from STR--->RES: 2,1,5,2,1,0,-2).

If I read it right, even with his lower skill he can still manage to cap at 33 which is fine for me.

My Kamui'll be +Spd -Res. And for Nohr classes... Fighter does sound tempting, that or Mercenary. I always default to Mercenary if I can't find any other.

If anyone cares, I looked at the maximum stats and possible pairings to see which kids excel in individual stats, and what can be done with them. This is assuming we're on the IK route, obviously, but I will take into consideration of the other routes for the sake of things.

STR: Effie!Velour or Charlotte!Velour. Effie, Charlotte, and Kagerou are the only moms with a +3 STR modifier, but since Kagerou can't marry Flannel, we'll leave her out of this. Berserker has the highest STR cap in terms of classes, which Velour already has from Flannel, so that's nice. Effie has a slightly higher STR growth (bout 5%) and passes down the knight class, and Charlotte grants the rod knight class. Immediate thought is that Tomebreaker is great, since Velour's Res is going to be pretty bad regardless, since both mom's have negative res modifiers. However, since Effie's secondary is also the rod knight class, she can pass that down as well. Effie has a higher Res growth and a smaller negative modifier as well, so she helps out more in that department. Effie!Velour can also get Luna, which just adds on to how much damage she's dealing. Effie wins for me in this case. I'd recommend marrying her to a Charlotte!Siegbert.

MAG: Nyx!Foleo. Pretty simple. Leo has the highest MAG mod for the guys, Nyx is tied for the highest MAG mod in the game but is the only one Leo can marry. He seems a lot like Elise, except better in everything but Mag, Speed, and Luck. Excluding luck (where there's a 40% difference in terms of growths and Nyx passes down a negative luck mod), he does come pretty close to matching those areas though. I'd marry him to Kinu, which grants Exorcist and therefore tomefaire. Syalla can also give him Tomefaire, but more on her in the next section. Sorceror has the highest mag cap in the game and S-rank tomes, but you can't go wrong with keeping him as an Exorcist or Strategist either.

SKILL: Berka!Lutz. A wyvern rider and a fighter make the most skilled child. This amuses me greatly. From what I know and what others have told me, Harold is one crit happy motherfucker, so this should only amplify things. Brave Hero is tied for the highest skill cap in the game with Holy Bowman and Elite Ninja, but Lutz doesn't have access to those classes with this pairing, so it's our guy, which he already has from Harold. Harold can pass down Luna, He gets Sol from Hero, Astra from buddying Hisame, and can get Breaking Sky and Flamboyant from marrying Syalla. We don't proc Res, we proc death, bitch.

SPD: Azura!Midoriko/Kaze!Shigure, Azura!Eponine/Zero!Shigure, Setsuna!Midoriko, Setsuna!Eponine: Kaze, Azura, Setsuna, and Zero all have +3 SPD modifiers. Elite Ninja and Trueblade have the highest speed caps, so Riko's fine with whatever you do. If Kaze is Shigure's dad, he'll already have access to Elite Ninja. If it's Zero, he'll have to access to Trueblade by buddying Hisame. Eponine, however, needs to marry Grey in order for her to get Elite Ninja. Given all that, I'd marry Azura to Zero, have Shigure pair up with Setsuna!Midoriko, buddy Hisame, and have Eponine marry Grey as stated.

LCK: Mozume!Siegbert. Not much to say here. Xander has a strange amount of luck and a +2 modifier, Mozume has a luck mod. Siegbert can buddy Shino to get Basara, which has the highest luck cap tied with Falcon Warrior, which he could get from Matoi, but more on that in a bit.

DEF: Rinka!Matoi, Rinka!Ignis, or Belka!Ignis. 3 + DEF mods for Subaki and Benoit, + 2 DEF mods for Belka and Rinkah. Rinka!Matoi pretty easily wins this one. Subaki and Benoit have pretty bad speed mods, but Subaki's is slightly better and Rinka can patch it up a bit. Belka just makes Ignis' already bad speed worse, and Rinkah can't help much in this case. The positive spin on this is that Matoi can marry Ignis, which gives her general, which has the highest DEF cap in the game. Booyah, happy ending for everybody.

RES: Pieri!Foleo, Pieri!Kinu, Hinoka!Foleo, Hinoka!Kinu. This one is kinda tough cause they're all pretty interchangeable. Leo, Pieri, Hinoka, and Nishiki all have +2 mods, so that's not helpful in determining the final result. Growth wise, there's only a 5% difference between the lowest (Hinoka!Kinu) and highest (Pieri!Foleo) in terms of personal growths. Hinoka's main advantage over Pieri is having Falcon Warrior, which has the highest Res cap (although only by one). Hinoka!Foleo doesn't have a lot going for it though, since Foleo can buddy Shigure, other than cutting out the middle man. However, since Kinu can only get Pega and the highest res caps by either having Hinoka as a mother or marrying Shigure, we have a predicament. I stated earlier that Shigure marrying Midoriko and Kinu marrying Foleo would be good, I'll try to follow that closely. So now it's just a matter between Pieri!Kinu and Hioka!Kinu. The second highest RES cap is tied amongt a couple classes, one of them being the promoted Fox class. Unlike other stat caps, Res doesn't differ too much. That said, I think Pieri wins this one, if only because she gives Aegis, which is like a bonus to tanking mages, which is what we're going for here. Plus with Tomebreaker that she gets from Foleo, Kinu seems built to be an anti-mage.

And that's that. This is all speculation and assuming Fates uses Awakening's system to determine the kids growths, and I don't mean to say that these pairings are the best necessarily. Only that they excel the most in a certain area.

Edited by GoldenMapleLeaf

That's a very detailed analysis you have there GML! And I'm actually doing some of those pairings for IK, which should be good. Anyways, my first IK playthrough is gonna have a +spd/-Lck avatar who will marry Subaki. Some of you may already know that, but here are the possible skills for a Great Lord Matoi I'm thinking of

-Swordfaire (passed down by Subaki)

-Lancefaire (Passed down by avatar)

-Breaking Sky (A+ Shara)

-Vantage?

-Awakening?

That's my thoughts for her skill set. I'll do Kanna's on another day.

Edited by CrazyFiasco

DEF: Rinka!Matoi, Rinka!Ignis, or Belka!Ignis. 3 + DEF mods for Subaki and Benoit, + 2 DEF mods for Belka and Rinkah. Rinka!Matoi pretty easily wins this one. Subaki and Benoit have pretty bad speed mods, but Subaki's is slightly better and Rinka can patch it up a bit. Belka just makes Ignis' already bad speed worse, and Rinkah can't help much in this case.

Rinka actually gives Matio a -1 STR mod, and pretty much kills the skill she gets from dad. Outside of mending her speed and boosting her DEF, it's hardly much better

As for Belka!Ingis, it's nothing special mod wise but he gets wyvern out of it, which has over bearing and poison breath. A max defense wyvern with defensive formation is amazing.

Edited by Duke of Dozel

Rinkah doesn't give good skills and Classes for her so pass, Nyx!Foleo is pretty good, Mozume!Seigbert is ok, Kinu's are good still think Azura or Setsuna are better for her Setsuna for Zero makes Eponine have the best speed.

Shove and Ogre strike seem pretty good.

Rinka actually gives Matio a -1 STR mod, and pretty much kills the skill she gets from dad. Outside of mending her speed and boosting her DEF, it's hardly much better

As for Belka!Ingis, it's nothing special mod wise but he gets wyvern out of it, which has over bearing and poison breath. A max defense wyvern with defensive formation is amazing.[/quote

Yeah, again, not saying these pairings are exactly good, just that they have the most of this stat or that stat, and what can be done with that.

Rinkah doesn't give good skills and Classes for her so pass, Nyx!Foleo is pretty good, Mozume!Seigbert is ok, Kinu's are good still think Azura or Setsuna are better for her Setsuna for Zero makes Eponine have the best speed.

Well, I'd disagree. Her main class, Oni, is pretty good if only for Ogre Strike.

still isn't phenomenal for her that should be used for someone else since there are better skills to pass.

Yeah but the thing is Rinkah tends not to get paired with anyone. If I had to pair her with someone, there's only really two choices for me imo:

Ryoma (and this hurts Shinonome)

Subaki

Honestly imo if you don't fuck up Shino's speed he's prolly fine. Rinka still gives him all-positive mods except res

I mean if you wanna make the MOST RIDICULOUS SHINO ever yeah she's not optimal, but Shino has a shitton of damage-boosting option he gets just by existing, really(LoD, Lance/Swordfaire depending on if he wants to stay Holy Lancer or go Trueblade, practically every relevant proc under the sun with extra Flamboyance with some A+s and dad help he doesn't even need that many). Giving a stronger mom to someone else who actually needs help and simultaneously boosting his dad with the swag sword is not a bad option, imo.

Speaking of Shino though just skills alone I find Oboro's prolly one of his best since she can simultaneously pass OS from A+ Rinka and get him Extravagance (which combos with his native LoD) and Copycat

Then I marry him to Fighter!MU!Kanna and go nuts with that free 20 damage on top of mad crits

I'm quite unwilling to part Oboro with Takumi, though, so I'll prolly just do it once and save Extravagance/Copycat over to the logbook

Edited by Thor Odinson

I'm quite unwilling to part Oboro with Takumi, though, so I'll prolly just do it once and save Extravagance/Copycat over to the logbook

Takumi gets nothing from trying to marry seal Oboro, which just means that she doesn't contribute to the relationship 0/10 shit pairing

On a serious front though, I was all hyped to get Oboro and Takumi married cause I thought she was gonna give him herb merchant, but I've been told otherwise. Everyone getting something out of the marriage is something I'm going to be super OCD about.

Takumi gets nothing from trying to marry seal Oboro, which just means that she doesn't contribute to the relationship 0/10 shit pairing

On a serious front though, I was all hyped to get Oboro and Takumi married cause I thought she was gonna give him herb merchant, but I've been told otherwise. Everyone getting something out of the marriage is something I'm going to be super OCD about.

Yeah it's quite unfortunate. At least Kisaragi likes it, though. The coding would not have been difficult to make sure both sides get something out of a pairing, I'm not sure why IS didn't do it. It's literally, like, an extra condition. Maybe 2.

Honestly if it's for post-game shit I'll just marry Takumi to someone else like, twice, then just buy all the skills he ever wants out of the logbook. Not like I'm gonna use him outside of Holy Bowman anyway. Maybe I'll do Aqua for the fast-swallow strike GKW thing once.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I have a question for anyone who's familiar with the children support bonus formula:

Father's C-bonus + Mother's B bonus + Father's A-bonus + Mother's S-bonus

What happens when bonuses from each parent that apply to the same stat?

For example, in a Mozume!Gurei settup:

By A-support, Gurei will get the following from Saizou: Skl +1, Spd +1, Lck +1

and the following from Mozume upon S-support: Skl +2, Spd +1, Lck +2

Will the resultant Mozume!Gurei receive +3 Skill, +2 Speed, and +3 Luck, or will the higher stat bonus simply take precedence?

Oh, its only the INCREMENTAL bonuses, the amounts added at each level.

Mozume:

Skl+1 @ C-rank

Skl+1, Lck+1 @ B-rank [increment of Lck+1]

Skl+1, Spd+1, Lck+1 @A-rank [increment of Spd+1]

Skl +2, Spd +1, Lck +2 @S-rank [increment of Skl+1, Lck+1]

Saizou:

Lck+1 @C-rank

Spd+1, Luck+1 @ B-rank [increment of Spd+1]

Skl +1, Spd +1, Lck +1 @ A-rank [increment of Skl+1]

Str +1, Skl +1, Spd +1, Lck +2 @S-rank [increment of Str+1, Lck+1]

Gurei:

Lck+1 @ C-rank [from Saizou]

Luck+2 @ B-rank [increment by Lck+1, from Mozume]

Skl +1, Lck+2 @A-rank [increment by 1 Skl from Saizou]

Skl+2, Lck+3 @ S-rank [increment by 1 Skl, 1 Lck from Mozume]

Ah. Thank you for clearing that up.

I was wondering whether an Elise!Midoriko (for the +0 resultant luck mod) supported by a Mozume!Gurei with both classed as Basara would be an effective user of Miracle and Draconic Shield on account of her personal skill.

She'd have 35 base luck, 5 from a Basara pair-up (as well as +3 res), and +3 luck from an S-rank with Gurei.

There's also a +3 Luck bonus from Azura's special song skill

-If using a Rallybot, +10 from rallies Spectrum and Luck

With regards to other items:

-the Visitor Emblem grants +2 Luck (and Defense and Resistance),

-the Rainbow Elixer (the Fates equivalent of Tiki's Tears apparently) grants +4 Luck (and +2 everything else)

So that's 35+5+3+3+10+2+4 for 62 base luck. So that equates to 62% base Miracle, and 31% base Draconic Shield.

With Midoriko's personal skill (+20 to luck-based skills), +10 from Hoshido and +15 from Flamboyant, that results in base 107% Miracle, and 76% Draconic Shield.

If only it could get a bit higher, but a 76% chance to effectively halve all damage sounds pretty nice. One would just need to ensure that both Midoriko and Gurei use Copycat Puppet.

So I had recently completed a pairing list in preparation for my playthroughs of the games, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if my selections were good/suggest final classes for my characters, if it wasn't too much trouble.

Hoshido

Hinoka!Matoi (Subaki) - A+/S? – Basara – Prescient Victory (Hinoka A+ Setsuna and passes it down), Breaking Sky, Lancefaire, Astra, Flamboyant

Oboro!Mitama (Asama) – A+/S? – Holy Lancer/Basara/Great Merchant? – Lancefaire, Flamboyant, Breaking Sky, Extravagance, Magic Counter/Sun God/Soar

Nishiki!Shigure (Azura) - Maid - A+/S - Voice of Peace, Distinguished Son, Battle Command, Sun God, Servant’s Joy

Azura!Kinu (Nishiki) – A+ /S +SPD/-LUC!Kamui - Swallow Strike, Breaking Sky, Flamboyant, Four Fangs, Sun God

Azura!Kinu!Kanna (+SPD/-LUC!Kamui) – A+ Midoriko /S? - Fox Spirit – Swallow Strike (pass down from Kinu), Breaking Sky, Flamboyant (Kamui secondary is Lance Fighter), Hoshido, Extravagance

Hana!Midoriko (Kaze) – A+ Kanna/S – Lancefaire, Flamboyant, Breaking Sky (A+ Kanna for these), Extravagance, Astra/Line of Death

Orochi!Gurei (Saizou) - Exorcist – A+/S – Copycat Puppet, Breaking Sky, Flamboyant, Tomefaire, Astra

Sakura!Shara (Tsukuyomi) - Exorcist - A+/S - Lancebreaker, Breaking Sky, Flamboyant, Counter, Magic Counter

Setsuna!Shinonome (Ryoma) - Holy Lancer - A+/S - Flamboyant, Breaking Sky, Lancefaire, Prescient Victory, Flowing Strike
Rinkah!Kisaragi (Takumi) - A+/S - Prescient Victory, Bowfaire, Counter, Sun God, Breaking Sky

Felicia!Deere (Joker) - A+/S - Distinguished Son, Battle Command, Patient Assurance, Open Assault, Luna

Nohr

Effie!Velour (Flannel) – A+ Sophie (only not third route)/S Siegbert (third route only) – Berserker – Breaking Sky (third route only, Flannel A+ Nishiki/Velour A+ Kinu)/Luna, Flamboyant (same as before)/Patient Assurance (Flannel A+ Lazward), Aegis (A+ Sophie/S Siegbert), Open Assault (A+ Sophie/S Siegbert), Odd Fang/Four Fangs

Nyx!Eponine (Zero) – A+/S – Tomefaire, Breaking Sky, Flamboyant

Camilla!Soleil (Lazward) – Brave Hero/Wyvern Lord - A+/S Good skillset, A+/S should benefit the other more, unless she can get Breaking Sky/Flamboyant – Deadly Breath, Overbearing, Patient Assurance, Copycat Puppet, Sol

Charlotte!Siegbert (Xander) – Berserker - A+/S - Open Assault, Luna, Axefaire, Deadly Breath, Overbearing

Felicia!Ophelia (Odin) – A+/S Shigure – Devilish Wind, Demoiselle, Battle Command, Bowbreaker, Soar

Pieri!Lutz (Arthur) - Berserker/Wyvern Lord - A+/S - Open Assault, Deadly Breath, Overbearing, Axefaire, Luna
Berka!Ignis (Benoit) - A+ Siegbert/S - Defensive Formation, Pavise, Aegis, Diamond Strike, Luna/Deadly Breath

+MAG/-STR!Avatar!Foleo (Leo) - A+/S - Nohr, Battle Command, Distinguished Son, Flamboyant, Devilish Wind

Leo!Kanna (+MAG/-STR!Avatar) - A+ Siegbert/S -Nohr, Flamboyant, Devilish Wind, Battle Command, Open Assault
Joker!Shigure (Azura) - A+/S Ophelia - Voice of Peace, Swallow Strike, Sun God, Battle Command, Distinguished Son

Azura!Deere (Joker) - A+ Lutz/S - Swallow Strike, Open Assault, Luna, Overbearing, Deadly Breath

Elise!Midoriko (Kaze) - Maid - A+/S - Servant’s Joy, Battle Command, Demoiselle, Copycat Puppet, Extravagance

Both

Mozume!Sophie – A+/S? (Shinonome probably for Basara, unless there is a Spellcaster choice) – Luna, Aptitude (Inheritance, only till level/stats capped)/Open Assault, Aegis, Copycat Puppet (Silas A+ Kaze and pass down), Prescient Victory

Are you assuming main-game? Grinding/DLC? PvP? The feasibility of these builds depends on what your aiming for.

I have to go to work, so I don't have time to comment on all of these… I'll comment on one for now…

Hoshido

Hinoka!Matoi (Subaki) - A+/S? – Basara – Prescient Victory (Hinoka A+ Setsuna and passes it down), Breaking Sky, Lancefaire, Astra, Flamboyant

It seems reasonable enough. Setsuna (for A+), Hinoka, and Tsubaki arrive very early game, so presumably you'd have time to set things up. Prescient Victory, once Hinoka + Setsuna A+ is established, can be obtained by gaining two levels as a GKW for Hinoka after promotion; no need to abandon her flying utility. Breaking Sky/Lancefaire/Flamboyant are easily learned by Matoi in her Lance Fighter tree, even keeping Lance rank. Astra might be the most awkward skill on the build; Either Subaki can give it to Matoi or she can class for it herself, but in either case they must start using swords that are at E-rank. But if you do get it onto her, it could be nice.

I might substitute in Swallow Strike for stronger player phase doubling if you don't grab one of the others.

I'm not sure if the Amiibo Units can learn Hoshido, and Nohr Skills through Dark Prince|Princess line.

But I was going to make Amiibo Ike a Dread Fighter Class for PvPs

Skills: Aether

Hoshido?

Nohr?

Aggressor

Maybe the Drains, or the Plus Skills??

I'm not sure if the Amiibo Units can learn Hoshido, and Nohr Skills through Dark Prince|Princess line.

But I was going to make Amiibo Ike a Dread Fighter Class for PvPs

Skills: Aether

Hoshido?

Nohr?

Aggressor

Maybe the Drains, or the Plus Skills??

I don't think there's a way for anyone to obtain Dark Prince(ss) line. for PvP, the Drains aren't that useful since there's only 5 enemies and you'll probably only get 1-2 drains for 2-3 battles, which isn't really that much. except maybe Spd, the boosts don't do much but Ike is already slow so iono how much it'd help

I don't think there's a way for anyone to obtain Dark Prince(ss) line. for PvP, the Drains aren't that useful since there's only 5 enemies and you'll probably only get 1-2 drains for 2-3 battles, which isn't really that much. except maybe Spd, the boosts don't do much but Ike is already slow so iono how much it'd help

Ah ic.. I'll just use the My Castle Stats Statues onto Amiibo Ike as Dread Fighter then. But anyways, so what skills would you recommend me for Amiibo Ike, if He's in a Dread Fighter Class.? When he can't get Hoshido, and Nohr Skill.?

Edited by Tide of Waves

Who should I pair Saizou with to get the best Gurei?

I'd say Kagerou if you dont have plans for her as he can get High strength from her resulting in +5 str, +1mag, +3skl, -2spd, +0lck, +1def, +0res. the -2def shouldnt be a problem if your keeping him an elite ninja also you can get spellcaster for breaking sky w/ vantage and astra from samurai/trueblade.

Edited by AstralWave