Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

12047004_1635883463360330_30147091914388

I saw this on /feg/ for the meta pairings. I think it's pretty solid though the lack of women for Silas Kaze and Jakob is notable.

ngl i kinda disagree, I think Oboro is a good wife for Benoit and she isn't on there.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to sound pretty stupid for asking this, but what are "meta pairings"?

I saw this on /feg/ for the meta pairings. I think it's pretty solid though the lack of women for Silas Kaze and Jakob is notable.

It's more of the fact that the children Kaze, Silas, and Jakob has are very situational. But if you ask me, I can help fill in the blanks:

[spoiler=Silas]

Best waifus: Mozume, Hana, Belka, Oboro, Pieri, Effie

You basically need to pair Silas with another physical oriented character with well-rounded stats since Silas is more of a jack-of-all-trades character. The pairings I've selected gives a lot of versatility when it comes to class options for both Silas and his lover and/or good growth rates for Sophie.

I will say that Silas and Mozume is the one true pairing here. It's mainly because Silas himself is a very strong unit to pair with Mozume in Attack stance (especially when you make Mozume as an archer). It also gives more class versatility for Mozume in both routes. For example, Mozume can be useful as a Great Knight and be your main Axe user since the Hoshido path doesn't have a lot of Axe users (although I will like to note that you won't fully benefit her Luck and Speed stat if you make her a Great Knight). Mozume with Luna in conjunction with Line of Death, Easy Life, Flamboyant, and Extravagence makes Mozume a very OP Holy Bowman. Similarly, Silas can get access to Soar, which makes Silas an anti-flying unit horseman, and Raven Strike synergizes well with Diamond Strike.

As for Sophie, she's more useful in the Nohr route than Hoshido route because you kinda lack heavy hitters in your party and her passive is pretty useful.

[spoiler=Kaze]

Best waifus: Felicia, Elise, Mozume, Charlotte, Effie, Oboro, Hinoka, Sakura, Female Avatar in Hoshido route with Luck asset/Skill flaw

Basically, you need to pair Kaze up with high speed AND Luck growths due to Midoriko's passive, Lucky Charm, where it adds 20% chance rate for skills activated based on Luck. The problem here is the Kaze himself fucked his daughter over in the Luck department with the -2 Luck modifer and low Luck growth rates and already fucked his daughter over in the Strength department. Since Kaze doesn't fuck Midoriko over in the Magic department, Felicia and Elise are your best choices if you want to make her an offensive unit that deals magic damage as a Maid using Explosive Shuriken. Felicia can get Stubborness from reclassing which Midoriko can inherit from. The best pairing for Kaze is either Female Avatar with Luck+/Skill- or Oboro. Oboro is a good wife since she has access to many skills that have synergy with Midoriko's passive (Smithy Skill via Rinkah's S+ support through Oboro reclassing and inheritance, Flamboyant, and Midoriko's natural access to Easy Life and Extravagence). Midoriko can access to Draconic Shield and Hoshido, which combined with Flamboyant via Shinonome marriage, makes Midoriko an OP support unit. Marrying Sakura to Kaze will allow Midoriko to access Miracle and Renewal, which helps on Midoriko on tanking capacity.

Midoriko is obviously more useful in the Hoshido route than Nohr route since you have more access to skills scaled in Luck% and many of the marriage candidates in the Hoshido route have high Luck and Speed growth rates. However, Midoriko can be useful in Nohr route if you want to take use of the Logbook to get the necessary skills and reclass her as a Maid. Basara and Falcon Warrior are the best classes for Midoriko due to the classes's high Speed and Luck caps.

I haven't thought up marriage candidates for Jakob so it's gonna take a while.

Hey! It's been a while since I've posted in this topic. It's really a source of a lot of good ideas.

Nyx is everywhere. I get that she's the best magical mom, but there shouldn't be so many children that need her. Ophelia, Foleo and Syalla are the only kids who need magic.

I was thinking of a Dragonstone tank for online. A General could fill the role, but poor Mov, armor busters(Needle Shurikens and Armorslayers) and being subject to WT are disadvantages. Of course things like Wyrmslayers exist, but stones are the only weapons outside the WT in this game and the Dragonstones are really powerful, thanks to having high Mt(Dragonstone+ has 25 Mt) while targeting Res and giving good defensive bonuses. At first I thought that Kanna could fill the role well thanks to his/her personal skill, but the bonuses that Yato - Final gives are too good to overlook. Kamui also has 4 other things that Kanna can never have: units that have personal skills crafted to support Kamui. Out of those, Jakob's one is the most intersting for my build: Absolute Protection gives +15 Avoid and reduces damage by 3. Thus Femui with Jakob as Guard Stance Support will be the couple that I'm going to work with.

Femui(+Def -Luk)

White Blood

-Nohr

-Draconic Curse/Swordbreaker

-Defensive Formation

-Diamond Strike/Kunaibreaker

-Counter

I chose White Blood as Femui's class since has better defenses than Black Blood and has access to Staves, which is a big plus, expecially because Femui can heal and inflict statuses. With a +Def -Luck build I can raise her defenses without damaging her Magic. Defensive Formation is ovbious, Nohr is there to benefit from any proc skill that Jakob has, and Counter is mainly there for those damn Braves. Swordbreaker and Kunaibreaker are there since those are the weapons that damage my build the most by debuffing or by sheer power(Yato - Final in the hands of a Trueblade is not nice, Siegfried and Rajiin Katana have that 1-2 range that does mess a lot with my strategy). If she can do fine even without the breakers, than Draconic Curse and Diamond Strike can help her being a better tank.

Copycat Puppet wouldn't help in this situation, at all.

Jakob

Dark Knight

-Distinguished Son

-Battle Command

-Miracle

-Aegis

-Pavise

He shouldn't fight, since his role is to Guard Stance support. His class is Dark Knight since it is the only one that gives both Magic and Defense as Guard Stance bonuses. Distinguished Son and Battle Command help Femui's survivability, while the other skills are for Femui's Nohr.

What do you think? Is there any way I can make it better?

Hey! It's been a while since I've posted in this topic. It's really a source of a lot of good ideas.

Nyx is everywhere. I get that she's the best magical mom, but there shouldn't be so many children that need her. Ophelia, Foleo and Syalla are the only kids who need magic.

I was thinking of a Dragonstone tank for online. A General could fill the role, but poor Mov, armor busters(Needle Shurikens and Armorslayers) and being subject to WT are disadvantages. Of course things like Wyrmslayers exist, but stones are the only weapons outside the WT in this game and the Dragonstones are really powerful, thanks to having high Mt(Dragonstone+ has 25 Mt) while targeting Res and giving good defensive bonuses. At first I thought that Kanna could fill the role well thanks to his/her personal skill, but the bonuses that Yato - Final gives are too good to overlook. Kamui also has 4 other things that Kanna can never have: units that have personal skills crafted to support Kamui. Out of those, Jakob's one is the most intersting for my build: Absolute Protection gives +15 Avoid and reduces damage by 3. Thus Femui with Jakob as Guard Stance Support will be the couple that I'm going to work with.

Femui(+Def -Luk)

White Blood

-Nohr

-Draconic Curse/Swordbreaker

-Defensive Formation

-Diamond Strike/Kunaibreaker

-Counter

I chose White Blood as Femui's class since has better defenses than Black Blood and has access to Staves, which is a big plus, expecially because Femui can heal and inflict statuses. With a +Def -Luck build I can raise her defenses without damaging her Magic. Defensive Formation is ovbious, Nohr is there to benefit from any proc skill that Jakob has, and Counter is mainly there for those damn Braves. Swordbreaker and Kunaibreaker are there since those are the weapons that damage my build the most by debuffing or by sheer power(Yato - Final in the hands of a Trueblade is not nice, Siegfried and Rajiin Katana have that 1-2 range that does mess a lot with my strategy). If she can do fine even without the breakers, than Draconic Curse and Diamond Strike can help her being a better tank.

Copycat Puppet wouldn't help in this situation, at all.

Jakob

Dark Knight

-Distinguished Son

-Battle Command

-Miracle

-Aegis

-Pavise

He shouldn't fight, since his role is to Guard Stance support. His class is Dark Knight since it is the only one that gives both Magic and Defense as Guard Stance bonuses. Distinguished Son and Battle Command help Femui's survivability, while the other skills are for Femui's Nohr.

What do you think? Is there any way I can make it better?

You could put Aether or Astra on Jakob for another proc, also thanks to the high MT Dragon Fang would do a nice amount of damage if it procs even with a single hit, 25MT+ around 35 Magic = 60*1.5= 90 and that is without rallies, Rainbow Tonic, Guard Stance boosts,etc, you could 1OHKO in PVP, also Avoid does not seem that important since with the -10 Avoid in Dragonstones and the - 3(?) speed you are going to get hit a lot, and without offensive pressence is not gonna prevent anyone from attacking you.

Maybe...

-Hoshido

-Nohr

-Defensive Formation

-Dragon Fang

-Extravagance(better than Diamond Strike)

Jakob

-Aether

-Miracle

-Pavise

-Aegis

-Astra

Astra is nice since it fills your gauge, Aether helps to recover life, Dragon Fang for lots of damage since the damage multiplied is high, Extravagance helps for Stacking more damage so procs become KOs and stack with your defenses.

You could put Aether or Astra on Jakob for another proc, also thanks to the high MT Dragon Fang would do a nice amount of damage if it procs even with a single hit, 25MT+ around 35 Magic = 60*1.5= 90 and that is without rallies, Rainbow Tonic, Guard Stance boosts,etc, you could 1OHKO in PVP, also Avoid does not seem that important since with the -10 Avoid in Dragonstones and the - 3(?) speed you are going to get hit a lot, and without offensive pressence is not gonna prevent anyone from attacking you.

Maybe...

-Hoshido

-Nohr

-Defensive Formation

-Dragon Fang

-Extravagance(better than Diamond Strike)

Jakob

-Aether

-Miracle

-Pavise

-Aegis

-Astra

Astra is nice since it fills your gauge, Aether helps to recover life, Dragon Fang for lots of damage since the damage multiplied is high, Extravagance helps for Stacking more damage so procs become KOs and stack with your defenses.

That's where Jakob's Absolute Protection kicks in. It nullifies the Dragonstone's -10 Avoid, bringing it to +5. Dragon Fang could be really cool to have, but would it be worth of put it instead of Swordreaver? Siegfried and Rajiin Katana are the bane of this build, and Yato - Final is still a pretty big deal. Kunai will hit me no matter what I do, so it's better if I focus on Swords. For the last skill, Extravagance does cost Golden Coins, and if I plan to have Dragonstone, Dragonstone+, Yato - Final, Rainbow Elixir and a staff in my inventory I don't have any space left for coins. I'd rather give Femui Aether. This way Jakob can have Miracle, Aegis, Pavise, Astra and Guard Stance+.

Doesn't have Kamui have access to the inventory tho which is practically as many coins as you can physically fit

Speaking of pvp do you actually expend your items/staff uses there or do you get it all back at the end of it

Doesn't have Kamui have access to the inventory tho which is practically as many coins as you can physically fit

Speaking of pvp do you actually expend your items/staff uses there or do you get it all back at the end of it

You get them back. I don't know if Kamui has access to the convoy on online, though. That'd be great.

So for my Nohr pairings I've switched a few. Now Pieri's the only one not paired up with... well, anyone.

Is Joker x Aqua any good? That's one I did.

This might seem like a ridiculous question but I haven't seen this be brought up before:

With regards to Kanna and Buddy Supports, if a unit that could otherwise A+ support Kanna winds up being their parent, can they still A+ support them, or no?

Parent supports override natural A+ supports, so they can only get an A Support.

...having an A+ Support with your child or parent would be completely pointless though, because both characters already recieve the class they would have recieved via an A+. For example, if Kanna gets an A+ with Shinonome, Kanna gets Lance Fighter and Shinonome gets Kamui's Secondary Class. If Kanna is Shinonome's son, then Kanna inherits Lance Fighter from Shinonome and Shinonome gets Kamui's Secondary Class because he married Kamui.

That's where Jakob's Absolute Protection kicks in. It nullifies the Dragonstone's -10 Avoid, bringing it to +5. Dragon Fang could be really cool to have, but would it be worth of put it instead of Swordreaver? Siegfried and Rajiin Katana are the bane of this build, and Yato - Final is still a pretty big deal. Kunai will hit me no matter what I do, so it's better if I focus on Swords. For the last skill, Extravagance does cost Golden Coins, and if I plan to have Dragonstone, Dragonstone+, Yato - Final, Rainbow Elixir and a staff in my inventory I don't have any space left for coins. I'd rather give Femui Aether. This way Jakob can have Miracle, Aegis, Pavise, Astra and Guard Stance+.

You could just put some Golden Coins to Azura if she is a Dancer(unless you cant trade online ) so you use Ranbow tonic then azura gives you an extra golden coin and dances to you.

Also 2 coins should be enough since you will only use them when attacking anyways, and having a pseudo limit breaker even for 2-3 battles is pretty great, i think 2 proc skills is a nice balance, especially Dragon Fang and Aether, if you dont proc Aether then you at least can kill someone, because in the long run not killing someone will result in more damage towards you, since Defense is around 30 and most units have around 60 HP it means that if you can do around 90 you should be in a good spot.

The thing with Siegfried and Raijin is that i am not sure if swordreaver is enough tomevade them when paired up, especially Raijin since it is used in a huge SKL class, Ryouma having a +2 in skill in its mods does not help, i think even Counter would be overall better, because the real problem in pvp are brave weapons and Wyrmslayers/Falchions , so Counter will discourage the other player from using them, is better to take a hit from Raijin and be able to discourage Braves, than use an skill to only focus on swords, but still get demolished by Braves, but you should test it to see what fits you tough.

Edited by Roxachronc

The thing with Siegfried and Raijin is that i am not sure if swordreaver is enough tomevade them when paired up, especially Raijin since it is used in a huge SKL class, Ryouma having a +2 in skill in its mods does not help, i think even Counter would be overall better, because the real problem in pvp are brave weapons and Wyrmslayers/Falchions , so Counter will discourage the other player from using them, is better to take a hit from Raijin and be able to discourage Braves, than use an skill to only focus on swords, but still get demolished by Braves, but you should test it to see what fits you tough.

Ryoma would have 153 Hit, while Swordbreaker Kamui would have around 124 Avoid, so Ryoma would still only have a 29% assuming nobody was using any hitrate skills like Famboyance. Not ideal, but you don't really have to worry about Xander unless he's reclassed as he'd only have 140 hit, or 16%.

I am really curious about Setsuna as a unit in a no royal run, who would be a good spouse for her and what classes would she like to be?

A idea I kinda had in mind just getting Lancer/Lance Fighter from Takumi and maybe go Gold Kite Warrior having both Lancefaire and Bowfaire...?

This would be Hoshido run but for IK I would also appreciate the help.

You could just put some Golden Coins to Azura if she is a Dancer(unless you cant trade online ) so you use Ranbow tonic then azura gives you an extra golden coin and dances to you.

Also 2 coins should be enough since you will only use them when attacking anyways, and having a pseudo limit breaker even for 2-3 battles is pretty great, i think 2 proc skills is a nice balance, especially Dragon Fang and Aether, if you dont proc Aether then you at least can kill someone, because in the long run not killing someone will result in more damage towards you, since Defense is around 30 and most units have around 60 HP it means that if you can do around 90 you should be in a good spot.

I already have Counter on Kamui, expecially for Braves. The last skill is the one I have left, and I'm wondering if making it Dragon Fang or Aether. As you said, the former is helpful in dealing with enemies, while the latter can heal Kamui. But I still have an healer, so that shouldn't be too big of a problem.

I'm not planning on using Azura, so the problem for Golden Coins is still open.

I am really curious about Setsuna as a unit in a no royal run, who would be a good spouse for her and what classes would she like to be?

A idea I kinda had in mind just getting Lancer/Lance Fighter from Takumi and maybe go Gold Kite Warrior having both Lancefaire and Bowfaire...?

This would be Hoshido run but for IK I would also appreciate the help.

Good spouses, hm?

Takumi I think is a decent one. Asama's another good one! And I believe Nishiki could be a good one. For IK? Zero!!

I already have Counter on Kamui, expecially for Braves. The last skill is the one I have left, and I'm wondering if making it Dragon Fang or Aether. As you said, the former is helpful in dealing with enemies, while the latter can heal Kamui. But I still have an healer, so that shouldn't be too big of a problem.

I'm not planning on using Azura, so the problem for Golden Coins is still open.

Then maybe Dragon Fang would be nice in that case, as long as it provides OHKO it could be useful, Golden Coins should be worth it in theory, your support partner could carry some also since he only needs 1-2 Weapons anyways, taking out something like Ryouma in one go would be your primary concern and Golden Coins allow you to do that, and not receive much damage if Dragon Fang does not proc.

Also who's Belka a good mom for for the IK route? So far my pairings are:

FKamui x Takumi

Azura x Joker

Marxander x Hinoka

Ryouma x Camilla

Leon x Sakura

Odin x Elise

Tsubaki x Luna

Arthur/Harold x Kagerou

Asama x Elfie

Zero x Setsuna

Lazward x Kazehana

Nishiki x Charlotte

Tsukuyomi x Nyx

Benoit x Oboro

Saizou x Orochi

Hinata x Pieri

I need other couples :T

Belka is good with characters that will have kids who don't care for speed like Benoit, and father's with high skill that aren't Harold, like Saizou. Ninja+Wyvern is an extremely deadly combo, thanks to snake venom+deadly breath. Combined that with Saizou's personal skill and he'll easily kill enemies even with Shurikens.

What's wrong with Belka x Harold, if I may ask?

She can pass Lutz Pegasus Warrior which gives him Swallow Strike, which is cool, I suppose, but otherwise she gives him nothing valuable because Lutz's classes are the same as Belka's. The only classes Belka can access that Lutz can't access immediately are Mercenary, Dark Mage and Lance Fighter (in IK), none of which have any skills that Lutz couldn't get elsewhere, and all of which require Belka to use a Buddy Seal.

Their stat mods also clash slightly; their mods are:

1STR, 1MAG, 6SKL, -1SPD, -2LCK, 4DEF, -1RES

You could make it work grind-ily by having Arthur pass Aegis to Lutz, then having Belka A+ Oboro and pass Flamboyant to Lutz. Lutz can A+ Ignis for Pavise, then grab Swallow Strike from Pegasus Warrior to cover that SPD and Sol from Hero. As a Hero he'll have 41 SKL and 34 DEF and therefore a 56% Pavise, Aegis and Sol chance.

Yet all that Belka really gives Lutz is bulk and Swallow Strike, which he could have gotten from Luna without the SPD drop, and other characters can pull off Flamboyace+skills easier and better than Lutz.

Edited by gayserbeam

EDIT: I originally asked about this on another thread, but I figured that its content would be of interest to the optimization thread as well…

About the interaction of marriage seals and replacement classes…. I'm probably not going to do it [and I don't have the game to test it out yet], but would this actually work if I did decide to try it:

Give the Avatar a Pegasus secondary class and marry them to a Pegasus Warrior [example, Matoi.]. The Pegasus Warrior spouse would then [if I understand correctly] get Wyvern Rider/Wyvern Lord/Revenant Knight….

So we'd get something like this:

Character Name: Primary Class/Secondary Class/Tertiary Classs/Quaternary Class

Avatar: Nohr Prince/Pegasus Warrior/wasted marriage seal/other classes from A-rank buddy

Matoi: Pegasus Warrior/Samurai/class from mom/Wyvern Lord

Kanna: Nohr Princess/Pegasus warrior/Samurai

Is this how it would work, hypothetically?

Edited by astrophys

EDIT: I originally asked about this on another thread, but I figured that its content would be of interest to the optimization thread as well

About the interaction of marriage seals and replacement classes. I'm probably not going to do it [and I don't have the game to test it out yet], but would this actually work if I did decide to try it:

Give the Avatar a Pegasus secondary class and marry them to a Pegasus Warrior [example, Matoi.]. The Pegasus Warrior spouse would then [if I understand correctly] get Wyvern Rider/Wyvern Lord/Revenant Knight.

So we'd get something like this:

Character Name: Primary Class/Secondary Class/Tertiary Classs/Quaternary Class

Avatar: Nohr Prince/Pegasus Warrior/wasted marriage seal/other classes from A-rank buddy

Matoi: Pegasus Warrior/Samurai/class from mom/Wyvern Lord

Kanna: Nohr Princess/Pegasus warrior/Samurai

Is this how it would work, hypothetically?

Yes, those are the classes Kanna would inherit.

However, there are no "Quaternary Classes" per se. Any class set that a unit acquires through Supports or DLC class items can't really be ranked as a class set because they have no bearing on class inheritance or transfer. "Accquired Class" is what I like to say, although there is no official word for it.

Edited by gayserbeam