Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

I'm talking about MARRYING Matoi, not mothering her. Dark Prince(ss) cannot be marriage sealed.

I understand that you could cut to the chase and just give the Avatar a Wyvern secondary if you wanted to do that; but you see, there would be a secondary motive here, if I understand correctly:

Hinoka!Matoi/Oboro!Matoi: Pegasus, Samurai, Lance Fighter,

Matoi!Kanna: Nohr Princess, Secondary, class from Matoi

If the secondary is Wyvern, after marriage seals and inheritance:

Hinoka!Matoi/Oboro!Matoi: Pegasus, Samurai, Lance Fighter, Wyvern

Avatar: Nohr Prince, Wyvern, Pegasus

Matoi!Kanna: Nohr Princess, Wyvern, Pegasus

If the secondary is Pegasus, after marriage seals and inheritance:

Hinoka!Matoi/Oboro!Matoi: Pegasus, Samurai, Lance Fighter, Wyvern [if I understand correctly, from replacement]

Avatar: Nohr Prince, Wyvern, Pegasus, wasted marriage seal

Matoi!Kanna: Nohr Princess, Pegasus, Samurai

So, as you see, if I understand correctly, Kanna's class set would alter and she'd get Swordfaire [conveniently, as Nohr Prince/White Blood/Dark Blood uses that].

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm talking about MARRYING Matoi, not mothering her. Dark Prince(ss) cannot be marriage sealed.

I understand that you could cut to the chase and just give the Avatar a Wyvern secondary if you wanted to do that; but you see, there would be a secondary motive here, if I understand correctly:

Hinoka!Matoi/Oboro!Matoi: Pegasus, Samurai, Lance Fighter,

Matoi!Kanna: Nohr Princess, Secondary, class from Matoi

If the secondary is Wyvern, after marriage seals and inheritance:

Hinoka!Matoi/Oboro!Matoi: Pegasus, Samurai, Lance Fighter, Wyvern

Avatar: Nohr Prince, Wyvern, Pegasus

Matoi!Kanna: Nohr Princess, Wyvern, Pegasus

If the secondary is Pegasus, after marriage seals and inheritance:

Hinoka!Matoi/Oboro!Matoi: Pegasus, Samurai, Lance Fighter, Wyvern [if I understand correctly, from replacement]

Avatar: Nohr Prince, Wyvern, Pegasus, wasted marriage seal

Matoi!Kanna: Nohr Princess, Pegasus, Samurai

So, as you see, if I understand correctly, Kanna's class set would alter and she'd get Swordfaire [conveniently, as Nohr Prince/White Blood/Dark Blood uses that].

I realized what you said as soon as I pressed "post" and edited it (not fast enough), so sorry.

Although I understand that what you are asking is basically this:

If Kamui's Secondary Class is the same as his wife's Primary Class, will Kanna get his mother's Secondary Class?

The answer is yes. Pegasus!Kamui × Matoi will give Kanna Samurai. Children will always have three class sets, no matter what. So Takumi × Oboro gives Kisaragi Herb Merchant, Flannel × Charlotte gives Velor Rod Knight, etc. The only shaky one is Jakob!Shigure (who gets Dragon Knight instead, even though Jakob could theoretically jave passed him Cavalier without the game having to use an analogous class set).

Edited by gayserbeam

I realized what you said as soon as I pressed "post" and edited it (not fast enough), so sorry.

Although I understand that what you are asking is basically this:

If Kamui's Secondary Class is the same as his wife's Primary Class, will Kanna get his mother's Secondary Class?

The answer is yes. Pegasus!Kamui × Matoi will give Kanna Samurai. Children will always have three class sets, no matter what. So Takumi × Oboro gives Kisaragi Herb Merchant, Flannel × Charlotte gives Velor Rod Knight, etc.

I think he's asking if Matoi will get Wyvern Rider if he marries her and makes Pegasus his secondary, making the two overlap and Wyvern Rider being a replacement.

I think he's asking if Matoi will get Wyvern Rider if he marries her and makes Pegasus his secondary, making the two overlap and Wyvern Rider being a replacement.

She would, but assumed he knew that as he used that knowledge in his prediction.

Either way, yes, astrophys, everything you posted is correct.

Edited by gayserbeam

Belka is good with characters that will have kids who don't care for speed like Benoit, and father's with high skill that aren't Harold, like Saizou. Ninja+Wyvern is an extremely deadly combo, thanks to snake venom+deadly breath. Combined that with Saizou's personal skill and he'll easily kill enemies even with Shurikens.

Well yeah, I was tempted to do Belka x Flannel but... would that... cripple Velour??

I said Kamui though. I meant through marriage.

Oh, yes. Look at me misinterpreting three questions in a row.

But no. Kamui never gets anyone's Secondary unless they have a special class, because nobody has the same Primary Class as Kamui. Pegasus!Kamui gets nothing new from Hinoka, Matoi or Tsubaki.

Which means a lot of redundancy for Kamui. In fact, in IK, the only character who gives Kamui a class they couldn't get from someone else is Rinkah, making Rinkah the only unit in the entire game who Mamui actually has to marry to get their class.

Edited by gayserbeam

Well yeah, I was tempted to do Belka x Flannel but... would that... cripple Velour??

Might make Velour slow but that's about it. Camilla is the better wife for him but if she's needed elsewhere, Belka can take her place.

Velour will have +3 STR, +1 MAG, +1 SKL, -1 SPD, +1 LUK, +5 DEF, and -1 RES. She'll get her base class, wyvern rider and fighter.

She's essentially a better version of Belka with Garou. Not the best you can get but solid regardless.

Might make Velour slow but that's about it. Camilla is the better wife for him but if she's needed elsewhere, Belka can take her place.

Velour will have +3 STR, +1 MAG, +1 SKL, -1 SPD, +1 LUK, +5 DEF, and -1 RES. She'll get her base class, wyvern rider and fighter.

She's essentially a better version of Belka with Garou. Not the best you can get but solid regardless.

Well my deal is I have Camilla with Ryouma, and then Flannel has no wife. I could put Belka with Saizou, but I have Orochi with him. And idk where to put Orochi. I already have Elise x Odin...

OrochixSaizou would be so much more optimal if it didn't lower Saizous already terrible speed mod. But thanks to copy cat, this makes Grey one of the best support units in the game as a copycat healer, and this lets Saizou embrace his huge magic growth by getting the spellcaster class.

OrochixSaizou would be so much more optimal if it didn't lower Saizous already terrible speed mod. But thanks to copy cat, this makes Grey one of the best support units in the game as a copycat healer, and this lets Saizou embrace his huge magic growth by getting the spellcaster class.

Well if I put Belka with Saizou, then who do I pair with Flannel and who do I put Orochi with~?

Would Ophelia appreciate being mothered by a femui with a magic or speed asset? And would luck or def be the better flaw?

I'd go for +Mag -Def. Ophelia will have +6 mag and +2 speed modifiers. +Mag female avatar mother is the only way Ophelia will get her highest magic modifier and magic growth.

I'd go for +Mag -Def. Ophelia will have +6 mag and +2 speed modifiers. +Mag female avatar mother is the only way Ophelia will get her highest magic modifier and magic growth.

Ok thanks. Any idea what class Odin would want fromfemui's secondary or skills Ophelia would want to inherit from femui? Orge strike maybe?

slams into wall at light speed

actually how does saizou do as a dark flier or grandmaster?

Dark Flier really suits his growths and is possibly his best class for going mixed as it immediately boosts both his offensive growths while leaving his SPD growth almost intact from Ninja. It also gives him SPD +2 after just one level, so in-game he'll actually gain 3 SPD from the transition rather than 1 like the base stats suggest. He'll be stuck with the Bronze Naginata and Rat God for a while, but an Iron Shuriken and a Bronze Naginata have the same might anyway. It works a little better in IK where there is a chance you'll find a Robber tome but you can survive with out one, especially with SPD+2 and Snake Venom. Basara Saizou was my biggest disappointment in gameplay and Dark Flier was actually kind of impressive.

I haven't tried him as a Grandmaster but Ignis looks real nice on him.

As for PVP, you have better options than Saizou and his weak SPD mod for either class.

Edited by gayserbeam

What would people think about in-game efficiency for Hana!Matoi? I'm just contemplating alternate options as a thought experiment.. that and spoilers….

compared to Hinoka!Matoi, it avoids some semi-incestuous vibes of pairing with a step-niece

Hana and Tsubaki also have the advantage of always joining in the same chapter as each other and possessing a fast support growth with each other, so it be a combination that would also allow me to obtain Matoi as early as possible. Matoi could become very (player-phase) evasive, with an easy Flowing Strike inheritance from Hana to complement Swallow Strike, no re-classes required from any of the parties involved. Or, if one waited until longer, Astra, again with no re-classes needed.

There's also the personal pair-up bonus that interests me… she always gets, to my understanding, +1 Def @ C-rank and another +1 Def @ A-rank from Tsubaki, regardless of her mother. Hana would grant +1 Str @ B-rank and another +1 Str and +1 Spd @ S-rank…

So an S-rank pair-up with Matoi would offer a personal bonus of +2 Str, +1 Spd, +2 Def; as a Falcon Warrior, this becomes +2 Str, +4 Spd, +2 Def, +3 Res…. the extra STR and SPD could be of use for bolstering Yato in the late-game against the final bosses [for damage and doubling].

Mods would be +1 Str, +1 Mag, +4 Skl, +1 Spd, -1 Lck, +1 Def, +1 Res; she might actually cap or come close to capping STR & SPD by the end….

What do people think?

Lancefaire could always be provided by an Avatar secondary, if necessary (or also by Shinonome if you weren't pairing her with the Avatar).

alright so I've been trying to find a viable parent for Shigure lately to patch up his horrid def.

benoit was sounding good but the offensive mods were rather bland so I thought flannel might be more viable

mods: +4 str +1 mag 0 skl +3 spd 0 def 0 res

generally going to balanced him out along with velour but hey shigure keeps his high speed and gains some pretty good mods overall and velour benefits well from it too

however I'm not sure who should play the role of healer and who should become managarmr

I know that velour will either be marrying benoit or lutz for pavise or Deadly breath and shigure will mostly likely be marrying sophie for aegis

what are some good skills for this pairing