Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

Even if that's the case, Ophelia can just inherit Defensive Formation from Elise A+ Elfie, leaving her to more men to marry than just Ingis.

That is true, but Elise really wants to A+ Sakura for Tomefaire. Even then, Orochi!Ophelia marrying Ignis isn't that bad.

S Support Siegbert: Has classes w/ Ignis

S Support Foleo: Rod Knight is meh when Ophelia will end in Sorcerer. Plus, Elise!Ophelia already has the class.

S Support Lutz: Magic orientated, wouldn't really need Wyvern classes.

S Support Shinonome: I guess this one is good since it gets Elise!Ophelia Breaking Sky but Orochi!Ophelia isn't going to benefit from it.

S Support Kisaragi: Wouldn't really have a use for archer, maybe shining bow?

S Support Ignis: bingo

The best partner for Orochi!Ophelia is already Ignis; sure, it benefits her more than him (he could really only use Lifetaker) but it's not like Ophelia can benefit greatly from any of her spouses' classes.

Is there any way a Hinoka!Foleo would be useable? I am not that deep into the mechanics yet, but from what I can tell the only thing he'd have going for him would be massive resistance.

I know a Sakura!Foleo would be much more optimal, but I just prefer HinokaxLeon.

Any tips?

Hinoka could A+ Camilla to pass Deadly Breath, and Leon could anyone but preferably Odin. Foleo could S Support Kinu or Shara for Tomefaire + Breaking Sky and could A+ Support Ignis/Siegbert for Luna.

Foleo:

Tomebreaker

Tomefaire

Lifetaker

Luna

Deadly Breath

The reason why Leon could A+ anyone is because Archer isn't that needed for a Mage, and Foleo can already get Cavalier. Foleo should support Ignis/Siegbert because he already has Peg. Knight, and he doesn't need Archer.

idk, this is just my advice, but knowing me this is probably not that good of a skillset.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In any of these discussions, we really need to specify whether we're talking about PvP optimization, hypothetical Apotheosis optimization, in-game no grind optimization, etc., whether or not we're buying skills, etc.

For example, many of the fancier skill schemes that we've discussed in the thread are impractical without grinding or heavy abuse of the online features of the game. They may be legitimately great, but they aren't going to happen during "normal" play of the game in the traditional Fire Emblem style. Of course, no one is obligated to play that way, and indeed many may prefer to play in vastly different ways, which is their prerogative; all that matters is that if they're having fun doing so.

There are also the consideration that Seal access tends to be limited in the game (without online abuse) until the Ch. 20s when the seals become infinite in the level 3 vendor. This would tend to discourage overly fancy skillsets [because you'd only have a limited time left in the game to level up and pick up those skills, not to mention weapon rank issues].

That is true, but Elise really wants to A+ Sakura for Tomefaire. Even then, Orochi!Ophelia marrying Ignis isn't that bad.

S Support Siegbert: Has classes w/ Ignis

S Support Foleo: Rod Knight is meh when Ophelia will end in Sorcerer. Plus, Elise!Ophelia already has the class.

S Support Lutz: Magic orientated, wouldn't really need Wyvern classes.

S Support Shinonome: I guess this one is good since it gets Elise!Ophelia Breaking Sky but Orochi!Ophelia isn't going to benefit from it.

S Support Kisaragi: Wouldn't really have a use for archer, maybe shining bow?

S Support Ignis: bingo

The best partner for Orochi!Ophelia is already Ignis; sure, it benefits her more than him (he could really only use Lifetaker) but it's not like Ophelia can benefit greatly from any of her spouses' classes.

Hinoka could A+ Camilla to pass Deadly Breath, and Leon could anyone but preferably Odin. Foleo could S Support Kinu or Shara for Tomefaire + Breaking Sky and could A+ Support Ignis/Siegbert for Luna.

Foleo:

Tomebreaker

Tomefaire

Lifetaker

Luna

Deadly Breath

The reason why Leon could A+ anyone is because Archer isn't that needed for a Mage, and Foleo can already get Cavalier. Foleo should support Ignis/Siegbert because he already has Peg. Knight, and he doesn't need Archer.

idk, this is just my advice, but knowing me this is probably not that good of a skillset.

I hate to be a teacher, but Ophelia can't marry Kisaragi, she marries Hisame (though she won't get nothing either way so it dosen't matter.)

In any of these discussions, we really need to specify whether we're talking about PvP optimization, hypothetical Apotheosis optimization, in-game no grind optimization

We've pretty much discussed no grind already and we spend a lot of times focusing on the kids now, as to which skills and stats do they benefit from the most.

It's been shifted off course here and there to talk about how good a pairing is, but it's generally always this. We keep everything under consideration and open for interpretation and facts.

We still don't know for certain how children growths are handled.

True, as even my analyses aren't ironclad proof; we'd really need someone to hack their game or dump the code and find the part where growths are determined.

Perhaps someone could try hacking a parent's growths to something crazy like 100% or something like that and seeing what happens? And particularly, what happens if they hack a father to 100% growths vs. a mother to 100% growths.

Actually, if someone could figure out how to hack that, they could even try setting the kid's defaults to 0%, one of the parent's to 0%, and the other parent to 100%, or something like that.

Unfortunately, I neither have the game nor the knowledge of how to hack stuff like that in the first place.

I hate to be a teacher, but Ophelia can't marry Kisaragi, she marries Hisame (though she won't get nothing either way so it dosen't matter.)

aaaaaww I KNEW it wasn't Kisaragi but I didn't feel like checking.

You weren't anything like a teacher, though. If someone's wrong, point it out.

aaaaaww I KNEW it wasn't Kisaragi but I didn't feel like checking.

You weren't anything like a teacher, though. If someone's wrong, point it out.

Well I pointed out like 1,000 mistakes in this subforum, so that's why I felt like that. Anyways how good are Silas!Shigure and Azura!Sophie and who would be their best marriage and buddy supports for each of them (or at least decent marriage and buddy supports).

Edit: Nevermind about the Silas!Shigure buddy support, just focus on the marriage support for him.

Edited by I love fire emblem

Quick question, if a unit uses Copycat Puppet and then the clone pairs up with someone the original has support ranks with, does the pair up give full stat bonuses or only class stat bonuses.

Clones only give the class stat bonuses. Their personal skill doesn't have effect and they can't Dance. They're only useful for fighting.

Clones only give the class stat bonuses. Their personal skill doesn't have effect and they can't Dance. They're only useful for fighting.

Can clones still give off aura-based effects? Like if I cloned a unit with Battle Command, would it's effects be doubled if a unit was within the effect range of both the clone and the original? And even if it didn't stack, could clones be spread out to spread their aura effects over a greater portion of your army?

Have you guys taken into consideration the fact that you can buy skills? You could always do quick mock runs on Phoenix where you buddy, marry and A+ certain character just to get them some skills, record them and them buy them necessary skills on another, main file where stats, growths and final classes are optimised instead.

do any of you guys know what the best marriages are

Context is key… in-game, maxed-out, etc.

I don't have the game yet, but here are some of the things I've heard….

Tsubaki x Oboro or Tsubaki x Lance Fighter Hinoka are pretty nice… helps Tsubaki's damage output and gives him (and his daughter) Lance Fighter access, which shares weapon rank.

Silas x Hinoka is also supposedly good. Ownagepuffs has suggested this as Oboro x Tsubaki…

I might note that on Birthright in the long-term that Hinoka x Tsubaki and Oboro x Silas might take better advantage of the fact that Matoi and Sophie A+ support with each other and that Sophie's other two A+ options are only in Nohr/3rd route.

Xander/Marx apparently really likes a wife who gives a SPD bonus; Charlotte is a popular choice [her class gives +3 SPD, and her personal gives another +2 SPD at S-rank; and she also gives +5+3=+8 Str as a Berserker and lets Xander stop by into Hero to learn Sol]. Luna seems like she'd be a decent defensively orientated choice… she also can give Xander a +3+2=+5 Spd bonus; she'd give DEF as a Hero (+2+1 =+3, +0+1=+1 as a Bow Knight, although Bow Knight also gives movement) and also gives Xander Sol access.

Xander/Marx apparently really likes a wife who gives a SPD bonus; Charlotte is a popular choice [her class gives +3 SPD, and her personal gives another +2 SPD at S-rank; and she also gives +5+3=+8 Str as a Berserker and lets Xander stop by into Hero to learn Sol]. Luna seems like she'd be a decent defensively orientated choice… she also can give Xander a +3+2=+5 Spd bonus; she'd give DEF as a Hero (+2+1 =+3, +0+1=+1 as a Bow Knight, although Bow Knight also gives movement) and also gives Xander Sol access.

Charlotte gives Xander the berserker class to up his offense to it's peak, and his bases are more than enough to make up for the E axes. Also the Hero's higher caps over Paladin would seem more optimal for him. Unlike Luna who gives him the lackluster bow knight class. If she gave him pegasus for swallow strike, it'd be a different issue.

Also Charlotte provides better growths for Seigbert in every way except defense and resistance. Luna doesn't up his STR and his skill mod would still be a -1.

In truth, Xander doesn't have many wives that help him much, which is why his best wives are Charlotte and Hinoka, unless you have him paired with a female Kamui.

i plan on grinding so yeah i want max stats if possible

i also am buying the hosido version first so no nohr or the dlc

Edited by Game&Anime

i plan on grinding so yeah i want max stats if possible

i also am buying the hosido version first so no nohr or the dlc

Grinding or not, unless you go online with a shitton of gold (hard to come by) and buy those seals that increases level caps, You'll rarely cap stats.

all I ever see here is that often speed trumps tanking.I think tanking is pretty underestimated in pvp. So I thought of a build to increase survivability

Diamond Strike

Mirror Strike

Extravagance

aegis pavise

(alternate version if possible can only be done in IK)

Diamond Strike

mirror strike

extravagance

Nohr (support unit will have pavgis combo)

hoshido/res +10/Defensive formation

could anyone rate this build for me in that how effective would it be in a pvp situation

Edited by ShotaLordNoctis

Where are those Eternal Seals bought from?

You can only buy them in your level 3 shops or online at other stores.

all I ever see here is that often speed trumps tanking.I think could anyone rate this build for me in that how effective would it be in a pvp situation

All of your maneuvers are turn based. You're gonna want to just limit things to a few skills.

My recommendation is:

-Renewal/Diamond Strike

-Defensive Formation

-Pavise

-Flamboyant

-Hoshido

General

The general class cap normally is 33, which means a 33% chance of activating Pavise + 25 from Flam/Hosh skills = 58% chance. If your tanking, you don't care for the +30 hit it gives to opponents.

Defensive Formation prevents you from increasing the chance of them using a brave weapon or heavy magic/luna on you. Renewal helps you deal with enemies in case they dent your armor, or Diamond Strike to make your strike on player phase.

I'd say the only problems with this build is that it increases the chance of Lethality from activating, so avoid them when you see it, as well as Luna archers or extremely powerful magic.

You can only buy them in your level 3 shops or online at other stores. All of your maneuvers are turn based. You're gonna want to just limit things to a few skills.

My recommendation is:

-Renewal/Diamond Strike

-Defensive Formation

-Pavise

-Flamboyant

-Hoshido

General

The general class cap normally is 33, which means a 33% chance of activating Pavise + 25 from Flam/Hosh skills = 58% chance. If your tanking, you don't care for the +30 hit it gives to opponents.

Defensive Formation prevents you from increasing the chance of them using a brave weapon or heavy magic/luna on you. Renewal helps you deal with enemies in case they dent your armor, or Diamond Strike to make your strike on player phase.

I'd say the only problems with this build is that it increases the chance of Lethality from activating, so avoid them when you see it, as well as Luna archers or extremely powerful magic.

alright thank you

also I see alot of discussion about Aqua!Kinu and Aqua!Midoriko.

i wouldn't Setsuna be a better substitute for either?I personally prefer her balanced negatives compared to that awful -3 def

Aqua has similar to much greater growths, and gives the pegasus class instead of the bowman. Either one works, but I'd say Aqua is just a better mother.

while aqua does pass along peg knight (which I agree has alot more utility) she does have Ninja which is a free ticket to Copycat for any of her potential children(which In my opinion compensates).also kisaragi will get ninja if Setsuna is her mother.

In my opinion I prefer Setsuna as a mother to Kisaragi compared to many going with Oboro.

It pases Takumi and Kisaragi Ninja while Setsuna receives Lance Fighter which could make for a good Golden Kite Warrior with both faires.

The only one who I'm kinda unsure about would be a mother for Kinu since I don't know where to go with Nishiki since he has Spellcaster as a secondary...