Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

Whom should Hinoka!Caeldori!Kana or Oboro!Caeldori!Kana marry on Birthright to be the best that she can be with this parentage? Her father, Corrin, will be a +MAG/-LCK Dark Knight in this scenario.

Also, whom should these Kanas buddy/friendship with?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whom should Hinoka!Caeldori!Kana or Oboro!Caeldori!Kana marry on Birthright to be the best that she can be with this parentage? Her father, Corrin, will be a +MAG/-LCK Dark Knight in this scenario.

Also, whom should these Kanas buddy/friendship with?

marry Hisame for Samurai, buddy Rhajat/Selkie for Diviner

Edited by KamuiSama

Just trying to work out some kinks in some of my pairings. How is JakobxElise? It cancels out their bad mods and gives Dwyer +2 Strength, Magic and Speed so he could function as a hybrid. Normally I'd give Elise to Odin but I'm thinking of trying out a few new things.

So I have question actually

1. If F!Kamui would have Fox Spirit as a Secondary class then what asset and Flaw, and 2 classes would Fox Spirit F!Kamui want.?

2. What Asset, and Flaw would Maid Kamui want since her other Secondary(Ninja), and Tertiary(Pegasus Warrior|Tenma Knight) class are picked through Buddy, and Marriage Seals.!

3. What Class path should I(Male!Kamui) go with since my classes are Starting class: Pegasus Warrior|Tenma Knight, Secondary: Lance Fighter, and Tertiary: Cavalier, since my final class will be Falcon Warrior.!

4. What class path should my F!Kamui go with since her classes are Starting: Priestess, Secondary: Rod Knight|Troubadour, and Tertiary: Archer since her final class will be War Priestess.!

5. What 2 base classes would a Dark Filer want.?

Hinoka!Kinu would probably want a speedy Male Kana. Oboro!Kinu is fine since she gets the Ninja tree from Gurei. Would want some more speed, but eh. Miracle is meh because stats are lower in this game, but I'd still try it. Breaking Sky is real good and Kinu has innate access to it. I'd get it.

Your post is so useful:) (but a little long) I feel Oboro!Selkie a good option too (-1 speed than Hana), I'm in doubt for the final skill (Snake venom, deadly breath, four fangs, breaking sky, ???) I'm not sure right now

Sulwen you could put on Selkie some Norh Princess skills (idk if the skills are good options but Selkie would benefit a little)

Ik that, but I was wondering if Kamui did have Fox Spirit class

Corrin can't have Kitsune, Wolfskin, villager and Songstress as secondary s/he can only have normal classes as secondary Edited by luis_lara12345

I think they are asking what build they should run if Corrin COULD have the Fox Spirit class. Granted, I'm not sure why they would ask it here (it's basically the equivalent of going to an Awakening Optimization thread and asking what build a theoretical Dancer Inigo should run), but meh.

I think they are asking what build they should run if Corrin COULD have the Fox Spirit class. Granted, I'm not sure why they would ask it here (it's basically the equivalent of going to an Awakening Optimization thread and asking what build a theoretical Dancer Inigo should run), but meh.

Yes, it's a theoretical build for a Fox Spirit Kamui, if what other 2 class that a Fox Spirit Kamui would like as a theory.. :l

Edited by Tide of Waves

Guys, may I have some suggestion for the most suitable mother for Midoriko in IK?

I am thinking about turning her into a 100% Miracle activation einherjar unit and I am gonna buy skills from my castle for her.

Her skillet for now would be Vantage, Nohr, Hoshido, Flamboyant, Luck +4

And she would carry a character with Miracle, Astra, Aether, Sol, Vengeance as a Basara.

So in PVP everyone is going to kill each other almost right away soo.... is it good to make +mag-def Kamui?
Story-wise i'll be screwd by defense but i can abuse dragonstone in early right? Glass cannon pls. :s

Dragonstone is baaad in PvP. It has very little killing potential outside of proc. 2 hits are always better than 1, which is why speed is so important. It can only be good for tanking with defensive formation, nothing else.

Dragonstone is baaad in PvP. It has very little killing potential outside of proc. 2 hits are always better than 1, which is why speed is so important. It can only be good for tanking with defensive formation, nothing else.

Nah, dragonstone is meant story-wise to patch up defense, this would work right? On PVP i'm not even sure which class i'll take but this probably won't be dark blood, or any Kamui-locked class.

Nah, dragonstone is meant story-wise to patch up defense, this would work right? On PVP i'm not even sure which class i'll take but this probably won't be dark blood, or any Kamui-locked class.

It'll insure OHKOs very often, especially with Felicia or Gunter support. There are better options but Dragonstone plus can be used without any real issues on all routes up to around the late middle, I think.

It'll insure OHKOs very often, especially with Felicia or Gunter support. There are better options but Dragonstone plus can be used without any real issues on all routes up to around the late middle, I think.

I see, Well then i'd rather not pair up with Felicia or Gunter, not in early tho. Why? Exp sharing.

We'll see, i pray i won't suffer much with -def by then.

I'm still not sure what class to pass along to Niles through marriage. I was originally thinking Ninja because speed + is basically the Hoshidan equivalent of Outlaw, but then I started thinking Archer because it keeps his weapon rank, plus he could go to Kinshi Knight for speed + mov + weapon rank. Thoughts?

I'm still not sure what class to pass along to Niles through marriage. I was originally thinking Ninja because speed + is basically the Hoshidan equivalent of Outlaw, but then I started thinking Archer because it keeps his weapon rank, plus he could go to Kinshi Knight for speed + mov + weapon rank. Thoughts?

Niles should definitely get Archer.

More often then not Niles will be using a Shining Bow regardless of class, and since Kinshi Knight has pretty balanced offensive stats, a Shining Bow works. But also, Bowfaire. Shining Bows make procs useless, so Bowfaire granting more damage, Raven Strike, the debuffing skills from Dark Mage, Pass (For in-game) alongside Kinshi Knight's mov and weapon rank is great.

A possible setup:

Note-Skill/Skill=In-game/PvP or Online

Kinshi Knight

-Bowfaire

-Locktouch/Aggressor

-Raven Strike

-Devilish Wind (Only if Shining Bow counts as magical though)

-Bind (Helpful when you aren't using a Shining Bow)

Maybe not the most optimal, but you have very little to work with when taking Niles lack luster buddy options in to account, only get access to Fighter or Sky Knight since Leo and Odin give him nothing. Also maybe you could do something else instead of Archer, but I found this works for me.

Edited by Azz

Zero probably wont be using the Shining bow since it's most likely that Eponine will have more magic than him, plus she gets it on her recruit chapter. Otherwise you'll have to buy it.

Eponine is irrelevant for my Niles, as this is Niles/M!Corrin. So I don't think I have to worry about that.

Your post is so useful:) (but a little long) I feel Oboro!Selkie a good option too (-1 speed than Hana), I'm in doubt for the final skill (Snake venom, deadly breath, four fangs, breaking sky, ???) I'm not sure right now

Sulwen you could put on Selkie some Norh Princess skills (idk if the skills are good options but Selkie would benefit a little)

Corrin can't have Kitsune, Wolfskin, villager and Songstress as secondary s/he can only have normal classes as secondary

Haha, at first since I had started to type w/o reading your full post I was typing about who the best spouse for Kinu would be, but then I read your post fully and didn't feel like removing the excess because there might be someone who searches "Kinu" or "Selkie" in this thread. Oboro!Kinu is a great Kinu, though. Kinu gets extra STR and DEF, and while there is a bit of class-overlap it's not that big of a deal. If you think about it, Kinu probably benefits from the -1 DEF and 4 SPD rather than the -4 DEF and 5 SPD. Oboro's in general a valuable mom.

For your skillset, why not buy Draconic Curse from a Femu!Kinu? The set's main idea is how after the fight the opponent's HP is basically obliterated, so why not make their stats lower, too? Diamond Strike seems pretty good, since she takes 10 less attack on player phase. Or maybe Copycat Puppet? Because she's marrying Asugi she'll already have access to Puppeteer, I believe. Then you could go around wrecking 2 opponents at once!

Glad I could help, though! Selkie and Velouria are like the only child units that I know what to do with them, lol.

Guys, may I have some suggestion for the most suitable mother for Midoriko in IK?

I am thinking about turning her into a 100% Miracle activation einherjar unit and I am gonna buy skills from my castle for her.

Her skillet for now would be Vantage, Nohr, Hoshido, Flamboyant, Luck +4

And she would carry a character with Miracle, Astra, Aether, Sol, Vengeance as a Basara.

In terms of mother, I think Sakura would be best. You could go FeMui for easier access to the skills though, I guess.

However, I think the second character should most definitely be Kaze, because of his personal skill. Even if you don't achieve 100% Miracle, you still have a large chance of Kaze's skill activating too. The sets looks good. I'm a little iffy about the Luck +4, since I actually had a similar set planned except I replaced with Renewal haha, but you should be fine because of Aether/Sol. Getting Kaze as Basara is a whole other issue, though...

In terms of mother, I think Sakura would be best. You could go FeMui for easier access to the skills though, I guess.

However, I think the second character should most definitely be Kaze, because of his personal skill. Even if you don't achieve 100% Miracle, you still have a large chance of Kaze's skill activating too. The sets looks good. I'm a little iffy about the Luck +4, since I actually had a similar set planned except I replaced with Renewal haha, but you should be fine because of Aether/Sol. Getting Kaze as Basara is a whole other issue, though...

I am not quite worrying about the skills as I will probably buy skills from other Midorikos. Growth isn't a problem either because my aim is post-game. I am actually mostly concern about accessible classes and mods.