Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

i have a question so what do i do if i don't want to use Azura as a singer

Azura has a +3 Spd mod and a 50% Str growth, so she can do great as any Physical class you can nab for her. Her Mag has the same cap as her Str, but grinding it up would be a pain because she only has a 25% growth. Her awful Defense doesn't matter, all units in PvP are hyper offensive and don't care about defenses. They rely on massive Spd and Str/Mag to kill or be killed in one turn. Hope this helped!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Azura has a +3 Spd mod and a 50% Str growth, so she can do great as any Physical class you can nab for her. Her Mag has the same cap as her Str, but grinding it up would be a pain because she only has a 25% growth. Her awful Defense doesn't matter, all units in PvP are hyper offensive and don't care about defenses. They rely on massive Spd and Str/Mag to kill or be killed in one turn. Hope this helped!

so any class that uses lances would be ideal right

Niles should definitely get Archer.

More often then not Niles will be using a Shining Bow regardless of class, and since Kinshi Knight has pretty balanced offensive stats, a Shining Bow works. But also, Bowfaire. Shining Bows make procs useless, so Bowfaire granting more damage, Raven Strike, the debuffing skills from Dark Mage, Pass (For in-game) alongside Kinshi Knight's mov and weapon rank is great.

A possible setup:

Note-Skill/Skill=In-game/PvP or Online

Kinshi Knight

-Bowfaire

-Locktouch/Aggressor

-Raven Strike

-Devilish Wind (Only if Shining Bow counts as magical though)

-Bind (Helpful when you aren't using a Shining Bow)

Maybe not the most optimal, but you have very little to work with when taking Niles lack luster buddy options in to account, only get access to Fighter or Sky Knight since Leo and Odin give him nothing. Also maybe you could do something else instead of Archer, but I found this works for me.

If he would be mainly using the Shining Bow which is magical wouldn't he benefit more from Bowbreaker rather than Bowfaire if he would be a Kinshi Knight?

If he would be mainly using the Shining Bow which is magical wouldn't he benefit more from Bowbreaker rather than Bowfaire if he would be a Kinshi Knight?

Not really. It's best to have more damage output to substitute for the fact you can't crit or use any procs, which are very important otherwise. Bind could be substituted for Bowbreaker, but really, Bowfaire should not be substituted since damage is top priority no matter the build (And really, if you have access to a faire that you can use in your build, you should prioritize it).

This is a bit of a weird idea, but how do you all think an Effie!Midori would fair? If we're going off of the (Variable Parents Personal Growths+Kids Personal Growths /2) formula for their Personal Growths, it would come out to:

HP: 40%

Str: 40%

Mag: 3%

Skl: 45%

Spd: 43%

Lck: 50%

Def: 33%

Res: 25%

Not only are these pretty nice base Growths for a Physical unit, she also get's to keep a high Luck Personal Growth for Lucky Charm. Effie's Knight class also works decently with the Lance Rank she can work up in Great Merchant.

Edited by Avalanche

Oboro!Caeldori(Matoi)

Sky Knight tree (Sky Knight, Falcon Warrior, Kinshi Knight)

Samurai tree (Samurai, Swordmaster, Master of Arms)

Spear Fighter tree (Spear Fighter, Holy Lancer, Basara)

[i don't know all the localized class names yet, so this is a hodgepodge of localized and Japanese names]

Mods: +1 Str, +0 Mag, +4 Skl, +0 Spd, -1 Lck, +5 Def, -1 Res

Growths (Personal): 42.5% HP, 37.5% Str, 17.5% Mag, 40% Skl, 40% Spd, 42.5% Lck, 37.5% Def, 25% Res
Pair-up (Personal) : 1 Def @ C-rank ---> 2 DEF @ B-rank --> 3 DEF @ A-rank ---> 1 Skl, 1 Lck, 3 Def @ S-rank
Attack Stance (Personal): Hit +10, Avoid +5 @ C-rank ---> Hit+15, Avoid+5 @ B-rank ---> Hit +15, Avoid +5, Crit Evade+5 @ A-rank ---> Hit +20, Avoid+5, Crit Evade +10 @ S-rank
​[i'm told that pair-up bonuses inherit from the mother's B/S ranks and the father's C/A ranks, whereas attack stance bonuses inherit from the father's B/S ranks and the mother's C/A ranks]
I'm planning to pair her up with a Dark Knight +MAG/-LCK Avatar. Which class should I run her as? Falcon Warrior (Shockstick, also gains physical damage from Avatar's supportive)? Basara? Master of Arms? etc. If we count DLC in the running, Dark Falcon or Great Lord? etc. Something else?
Also, if I make Oboro her mother, should I put Oboro into Sky Knight after marriage sealing [whether just to get Darting Blow or as a permanent position]? Or just keep her in her Spear Fighter tree?
[i am a fan of redhead Caeldori, but Oboro just seems to offer a better mutual synergy in pair-up with Caeldori's father Tsubaki…. already give STR, no need to spend a seal and ground Hinoka to give STR; Oboro would appreciate Subaki's SPD pair-up, etc.)… I might just go with this… and its funny… blue is my favorite color for myself, so why is it that I gravitate to something else when it comes to hair… oh well, I digress.]

she starts off with E Lances so really, any class regardless of weapon type (physical) is fine if you reclass her early

so any class is fine but do you know if she excels better in one class in comparison to others

For ingame you can never have too many Cavaliers. For postgame she would do well as literally anything. You could put her Spd to work and make her a kinda slow class like Wyvern. However you must take into account the potential +8 Spd mods running around, so you might want to make her a speedy class like Hero or for super overkill Swordmaster.

Just out of pure curiosity, is Sakura better as a war priestess or an onmyouji?

Shes slightly faster, bulkier and luckier as a War Priestess, but only has 22 STR on average for bows, which is the same as a level 20 Sniper Setsuna minus the damage boosting skills. Meanwhile, sage exceeds her magic more. It's really on preference.

Either is good but would it be worth it transferring her into the Peg Line or keep her as a Paladin

Depends. If you want her to be more supportive with staves to heal and debuff, then Peg. If you want her to focus on offense and fighting, then Paladin.

Edited by Ennui

I am not quite worrying about the skills as I will probably buy skills from other Midorikos. Growth isn't a problem either because my aim is post-game. I am actually mostly concern about accessible classes and mods.

Ah! Okay, I still think Sakura should be fine or Azura if you would like more speed (which is always good)! (:

Good luck!!

------------------------

I don't really know who to make a Great Lord, but I think I'm going to go with Femui in one of my files.

(I keep forgetting if the Great Lord was for one file or one game. I hope it's the former lol)

I will be buying skills, too btw.

Here's a set I planned out:

Femui (+Str/-Def) @ Great Lord; Secondary: Fighter, Married to Oboro!Shiro

- Hoshido

- Nohr

- Awakening

- Vantage

- Swordfaire/Lancefaire/Axebreaker/Flamboyant

and would be paired with:

Oboro!Shiro @ Holy Lancer/Trueblade

- Breaking Sky

- Astra

- Luna

- Sol

- ?????

Is it good? Or are there any better Great Lord candidates?

Hinoka!Caeldori, Oboro!Caeldori, or Sakura Caeldori? (Marrying a +MAG/-LCK Dark Knight Avatar in Hoshido)…

Juding from max stat mods, stat growths, class sets, Dragon Vein, Pair-up Stats, and attack stance stats, affecting both Caeldori and Caeldori!Kanna, whom should I go with?

Analysis is in a spoiler box to keep the page neat.

MAX STAT MODS:

Hinoka!Caeldori: +1 Str, +0 Mag, +2 Skl, +0 Spd, +0 Lck, +3 Def, +2 Res -> Caeldori!Kana: +0 Str, +3 Mag, +2 Skl, +2 Spd, -3 Lck, +3 Def, +4 Res

Oboro!Caeldori: +1 Str, +0 Mag, +4 Skl, +0 Spd, -1 Lck, +5 Def, -1 Res -> Caeldori!Kana: +0 Str, +3 Mag, +4 Skl, +2 Spd, -4 Lck, +5 Def, +1 Res

Sakura!Caeldori: +0 Str, +3 Mag, +2 Skl, +0 Spd, +0 Lck, +3 Def, +0 Res -> Caeldori!Kana: -1 Str, +6 Mag, +2 Skl, +2 Spd, -3 Lck, +3 Def, +2 Res

PERSONAL STAT GROWTHS (Add to Class growths to get final growths):

Hinoka!Caeldori: 50% HP, 40% Str, 15% Mag, 40% Skl, 42.5% Spd, 42.5% Lck, 35% Def, 30% Res

Hinoka!Caeldori!Kana: 40% HP, 37.5% Str, 22.5% Mag, 40% Skl, 43.75% Spd, 43.75% Lck, 30% Def, 27.5% Res

Oboro!Caeldori: 42.5% HP, 37.5% Str, 17.5% Mag, 40% Skl, 40% Spd, 42.5% Lck, 37.5% Def, 25% Res

Oboro!Caeldori!Kana: 36.25% HP, 36.25% Str, 23.75% Mag, 40% Skl, 42.5% Spd, 43.75% Lck, 31.25% Def, 25% Res

Sakura!Caeldori: 50% HP, 32.5% Str, 32.5% Mag, 40% Skl, 40% Spd, 50% Lck, 32.5% Def, 20% Res

Sakura!Caeldori!Kana: 40% HP, 33.75% Str, 31.25% Mag, 40% Skl, 42.5% Spd, 47.5% Lck, 28.75% Def, 22.5% Res

CLASS SETS:

Hinoka!Caeldori: Sky Knight, Samurai, Spear Fighter

Oboro!Caeldori: Sky Knight, Samurai, Spear Fighter

Sakura!Caeldori: Sky Knight, Samurai, Shrine Maiden

All of their Kanas will be Nohr Princess, Dark Mage, Sky Knight

DRAGON VEIN ACCESS:

Hinoka!Caeldori: YES

Oboro!Caeldori: NO

Saura!Caeldori: YES

All of their Kannas will have Dragon Vein.

PERSONAL PAIR-UP STATS @ S-rank (these add to their class pair-up stats)

Hinoka!Caeldori: 1 Spd, 1 Lck, 2 Def, 1 Res

Hinoka!Caeldori!Kana :+1 Lck, +3 Spd, +1 Res

Oboro!Caeldori: +1 Skl, +1 Lck, +3 Def

Oboro!Caeldori!Kana: + 1 Skl, +2 spd, +1 Lck, + 1 Def

Sakura!Caeldori: +2 Spd, +2 Def, + 1 Res
Sakura!Caeldori!Kana: +4 Spd, +1 Res
PERSONAL ATTACK STAT BONUSES @ S-rank (gives these to their partner when supporting them in an attack stance) :
Hinoka!Caeldori: +20 Hit, +5 Avoid, +10 Critical Evade

Hinoka!Caeldori!Kana : +15 Hit, +5 Avoid, +6 Critical, +5 Critical Evade

Oboro!Caeldori: +20 Hit, +5 Avoid, +10 Critical Evade

Oboro!Caeldori!Kana: +15 Hit, +5 Avoid, +6 Critical, +5 Critical Evade

Sakura!Caeldori: +20 Hit, +15 Critical Evade
Sakura!Caeldori!Kana: +15 Hit, +6 Critical, +10 Critical Evade

Edited by astrophys

Hinoka!Caeldori, Oboro!Caeldori, or Sakura Caeldori? (Marrying a +MAG/-LCK Dark Knight Avatar in Hoshido)…

Juding from max stat mods, stat growths, class sets, Dragon Vein, Pair-up Stats, and attack stance stats, affecting both Caeldori and Caeldori!Kanna, whom should I go with?

Analysis is in a spoiler box to keep the page neat.

MAX STAT MODS:

Hinoka!Caeldori: +1 Str, +0 Mag, +2 Skl, +0 Spd, +0 Lck, +3 Def, +2 Res -> Caeldori!Kana: +0 Str, +3 Mag, +2 Skl, +2 Spd, -3 Lck, +3 Def, +4 Res

Oboro!Caeldori: +1 Str, +0 Mag, +4 Skl, +0 Spd, -1 Lck, +5 Def, -1 Res -> Caeldori!Kana: +0 Str, +3 Mag, +4 Skl, +2 Spd, -4 Lck, +5 Def, +1 Res

Sakura!Caeldori: +0 Str, +3 Mag, +2 Skl, +0 Spd, +0 Lck, +3 Def, +0 Res -> Caeldori!Kana: -1 Str, +6 Mag, +2 Skl, +2 Spd, -3 Lck, +3 Def, +2 Res

PERSONAL STAT GROWTHS (Add to Class growths to get final growths):

Hinoka!Caeldori: 50% HP, 40% Str, 15% Mag, 40% Skl, 42.5% Spd, 42.5% Lck, 35% Def, 30% Res

Hinoka!Caeldori!Kana: 40% HP, 37.5% Str, 22.5% Mag, 40% Skl, 43.75% Spd, 43.75% Lck, 30% Def, 27.5% Res

Oboro!Caeldori: 42.5% HP, 37.5% Str, 17.5% Mag, 40% Skl, 40% Spd, 42.5% Lck, 37.5% Def, 25% Res

Oboro!Caeldori!Kana: 36.25% HP, 36.25% Str, 23.75% Mag, 40% Skl, 42.5% Spd, 43.75% Lck, 31.25% Def, 25% Res

Sakura!Caeldori: 50% HP, 32.5% Str, 32.5% Mag, 40% Skl, 40% Spd, 50% Lck, 32.5% Def, 20% Res

Sakura!Caeldori!Kana: 40% HP, 33.75% Str, 31.25% Mag, 40% Skl, 42.5% Spd, 47.5% Lck, 28.75% Def, 22.5% Res

CLASS SETS:

Hinoka!Caeldori: Sky Knight, Samurai, Spear Fighter

Oboro!Caeldori: Sky Knight, Samurai, Spear Fighter

Saura!Caeldori: Sky Knight, Samurai, Shrine Maiden

All of their Kanas will be Nohr Princess, Dark Mage, Sky Knight

DRAGON VEIN ACCESS:

Hinoka!Caeldori: YES

Oboro!Caeldori: NO

Saura!Caeldori: YES

All of their Kannas will have Dragon Vein.

PERSONAL PAIR-UP STATS @ S-rank (these add to their class pair-up stats)

Hinoka!Caeldori: 1 Spd, 1 Lck, 2 Def, 1 Res

Hinoka!Caeldori!Kana :+1 Lck, +3 Spd, +1 Res

Oboro!Caeldori: +1 Skl, +1 Lck, +3 Def

Oboro!Caeldori!Kana: + 1 Skl, +2 spd, +1 Lck, + 1 Def

Sakura!Caeldori: +2 Spd, +2 Def, + 1 Res
Sakura!Caeldori!Kana: +4 Spd, +1 Res
PERSONAL ATTACK STAT BONUSES @ S-rank (gives these to their partner when supporting them in an attack stance) :
Hinoka!Caeldori: +20 Hit, +5 Avoid, +10 Critical Evade

Hinoka!Caeldori!Kana : +15 Hit, +5 Avoid, +6 Critical, +5 Critical Evade

Oboro!Caeldori: +20 Hit, +5 Avoid, +10 Critical Evade

Oboro!Caeldori!Kana: +15 Hit, +5 Avoid, +6 Critical, +5 Critical Evade

Sakura!Caeldori: +20 Hit, +15 Critical Evade
Sakura!Caeldori!Kana: +15 Hit, +6 Critical, +10 Critical Evade

I personally like Sakura!Caeldori the most for Kana. I think a rather nice Witch!Kana could come out of it (though of course, class choice is up to you!)

I'm just a little bothered by Caeldori's class set with Sakura mothering her because of the availability of certain skills, but it depends, what class were you planning out for her?

If you want Caeldori to go into a magic based class, definitely Sakura, but if physical, I suppose Sakura could still work, otherwise I'd go with Hinoka, unless buying skills isn't an issue. Only reason for Hinoka over Oboro though is just for Kana to have more balanced Def/Res mods and the +3 Spd bonus, but that's up to preference.

Well,I had a few possibilities in mind…..

Hinoka!/Oboro!Caeldori could have been a physical/magical hybrid Falcon Knight or Dark Flier by abusing both physical lances and Bolt Naginatas (eventually powered up by Lancefaire)…. she could then either pick up Elbow Room (Open Assault) from Sophie for a +3 damage bonus when in open terrain to both lances (and tomes if in Dark Flier) or with Mitama/Rajhat for Tomefaire (to get both Tomefaire and Lancefaire available for her Dark Flier).

Sakura!Caeldori might lean more heavily on her Shockstick (when paired up with the +MAG Avatar, he'd give her +4 MAG as a Dark Knight and +2 damage [physical and magical] from Supporitive, as well as defensive and hit bonuses). She could have Tome Access with DLC Dark Flier….

I'm averse to buying skills and don't intend to do it… I think it would take the fun from the inheritance system, for me anyways…

I imagine that in a post-game maxed out scenario that Sakura!Caeldori could actually turn herself into a strict mage…. it would be a bunch of grinding, but as a Sorcerer she'd cap out at 25 Str and 38 Mag…. and Prodigy cares about comparing against the stat in which her enemy has as the highest… if most people are running around as physical units, their high STR (almost assuredly higher than 25) will compare against her 25 STR, totally ignoring her 38 Mag, and give her an almost constant +4 attack this way…. DLC Witch could later pull this off even better, with 25 STR, 39 Mag, and 34 Spd (with Swallow Strike too).

Edited by astrophys

Well,I had a few possibilities in mind…..

Hinoka!/Oboro!Caeldori could have been a physical/magical hybrid Falcon Knight or Dark Flier by abusing both physical lances and Bolt Naginatas (eventually powered up by Lancefaire)…. she could then either pick up Elbow Room (Open Assault) from Sophie for a +3 damage bonus when in open terrain to both lances (and tomes if in Dark Flier) or with Mitama/Rajhat for Tomefaire (to get both Tomefaire and Lancefaire available for her Dark Flier).

Sakura!Caeldori might lean more heavily on her Shockstick (when paired up with the +MAG Avatar, he'd give her +4 MAG as a Dark Knight and +2 damage [physical and magical] from Supporitive, as well as defensive and hit bonuses). She could have Tome Access with DLC Dark Flier….

I'm averse to buying skills and don't intend to do it… I think it would take the fun from the inheritance system, for me anyways…

I imagine that in a post-game maxed out scenario that Sakura!Caeldori could actually turn herself into a strict mage…. it would be a bunch of grinding, but as a Sorcerer she'd cap out at 25 Str and 38 Mag…. and Prodigy cares about comparing against the stat in which her enemy has as the highest… if most people are running around as physical units, their high STR (almost assuredly higher than 25) will compare against her 25 STR, totally ignoring her 38 Mag, and give her an almost constant +4 attack this way…. DLC Witch could later pull this off even better, with 25 STR, 39 Mag, and 34 Spd (with Swallow Strike too).

Go Sakura!Caeldori, then! I do like the idea of a hybrid, but if you could buy the skills attained from the Spear Fighter line, which should be relatively easy considering how most other Caeldori will be like, a Sakura!Caeldori isn't that much different in terms of mods compared to a Hinoka!Caeldori. Plus Sakura's hair color still stays true to Cordelia! (:

I keep forgetting about Prodigy, and since most characters will be physical, it'll be good. Of course if you could somehow get Kunaibreaker on her, I think she'll be great.

In Revelation, Kunaibreaker Caeldori is possible via Selena!Caeldori, and she could still pick up Tomefaire via A+ with Mitama or Syalla….

OR, alternatively, its also possible to do this in Revelation by doing Caeldori A+ Nina, as the Outlaw class does promote into Bow Knight, so you could still access that without skill-buying on a Sakura!Caeldori….

In that case, Sakura!Caeldori (if she's still marrying a Dark mage avatar) would only be left with Venegance as her proc…. unless she took the DLC Great Lord Class, which would grant her Aether (and Awakening, which can synergize with her natural Vantage from Samurai via inheritance of the class from her father).

So something like

0.) [Fixed Personal Skill] Prodigy…. then she has things like Tomefaire, possibly Line of Death, maybe Swallow Strike [or drop it if enemies prevalently run Defensive formation], Galeforce, Aether, etc…. [Warp if she has Witch]

In Revelation, Kunaibreaker Caeldori is possible via Selena!Caeldori, and she could still pick up Tomefaire via A+ with Mitama or Syalla….

OR, alternatively, its also possible to do this in Revelation by doing Caeldori A+ Nina, as the Outlaw class does promote into Bow Knight, so you could still access that without skill-buying on a Sakura!Caeldori….

In that case, Sakura!Caeldori (if she's still marrying a Dark mage avatar) would only be left with Venegance as her proc…. unless she took the DLC Great Lord Class, which would grant her Aether (and Awakening, which can synergize with her natural Vantage from Samurai via inheritance of the class from her father).

So something like

0.) [Fixed Personal Skill] Prodigy…. then she has things like Tomefaire, possibly Line of Death, maybe Swallow Strike [or drop it if enemies prevalently run Defensive formation], Galeforce, Aether, etc…. [Warp if she has Witch]

Well you could pass down Kunaibreaker from Subaki A+ Zero, as well! Then she could snab Luna from A+ Sophie.

Technically she has Astra at her disposal naturally, too. So you don't only have to rely on Vengeance as the only proc.

So basically you could go:

- Prodigy

- Tomefaire

- Line of Death

- Possibly Warp/Swallow Strike/even Aggressor for extra damage/Proc

- Kunaibreaker

- Proc

That's already +19 damage (+26 with Aggressor). Pretty darn devastating omg.

You're right! I forgot, she DOES have ASTRA….

Of course, Physical Caeldoris(Hinoka!/Oboro!) can also in principle stack skills… but I suspect that there would be more physical units running around, so Prodigy might not be used much….

Of course, I don't very frequently do PvP in other games, although in principle its still good to note in case I do decide to do it… nice to have options…

You're right! I forgot, she DOES have ASTRA….

Of course, Physical Caeldoris(Hinoka!/Oboro!) can also in principle stack skills… but I suspect that there would be more physical units running around, so Prodigy might not be used much….

Of course, I don't very frequently do PvP in other games, although in principle its still good to note in case I do decide to do it… nice to have options…

You could always have the Hinoka/Oboro!Caeldori in a separate file, and then just logbook her! That way you could recruit her in the Sakura!Caeldori file and wouldn't have to worry about using up another save slot! (though that does mean extra work...). I fell the same with builds for Midori, so I was just going to logbook my separate sets for her just to have less of a clutter of random saves.