Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

If my Corrin planned to marry Benny would it be better to pick +speed as an asset to help Ignatius, to make up for his terrible speed? If not what would be the best Asset/flaw? And what are good class options that compliment each other? Is wyvern lord + berserker still a thing?

+Spd/-Def will make Ignatius more balance.. and yeah Wyvern Lord + Berserker is still a thing, Benny can A+ Keaton for Berserker and your female Avatar just need A support Camilla.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, so I'm shooting to make a Miracle Midori (tank).

I'm looking at exactly what supports she needs before I start my revelations campaign. (Doing all the research ahead of time before I start.)

So I'm looking at:

Kaze + F-Avatar (Lancer Talent)

or

Kaze + Mozu

----

I want her final skill set to look like:

Quixotic

Hoshidan Unity

Luck+4

Miracle

Shadowgift

I was wondering, who is her best potential Marriage partner? Siegfriedchicken?

Also, If I was to use my Avatar as the potential mother for her, what would be the best Boon/Bane/Talent to pass to her?

I was thinking maybe +luck/-Def or +Speed/-Def (since miracle makes DEF null, and it stops her from losing points in speed?)

Additionally, is it better to put miracle and Vantage on her partner, and focus on more +rate skills on her?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by TTUguy

Does Dwyer's personal (+20 hit/avoid, +2/-2 damage given/recieved in My Castle) count for PvP? If so that could be pretty boss for Charlotte!Dwyer, allowing him to use the Great Club at 65% effective base Accuracy. If he got Heartseeker that would bump it up even more. This guy seems pretty boss: +6/-1/+3/+3/0/-1/-2 mods. He dies to Mag but that is remedied through Tomebreaker which he has natural access to. His personal would make this even better. Also Blonde L looks awesome.

I'm thinking about a skillset of:

-Death Blow (+20 Crit)

-Heartseeker (+20 Hit)

-Axefaire (+20 damage on a Crit)

-Tomebreaker (Protects him from being dead from mages)

-Gamble (-5 Hit is negligible, especially if his Personal works, but dat +10 Crit)

That seems deadly

So I'm about to start my first lunatic run ever (hold me, I'm scared) and I'm trying to plan out my supports. I'm fine grinding in castles to get the kids and grinding exp of off castles whenever I can but I'm not buying any dlc. I know there is probably a post addressing this already but... This is page 110. That's a lot of pages to wade through. (I'm playing Nohr)

So could I get some advice? I'd like to know what I should change, if it's not to much trouble.

For my avatar I'm going fast/dull/samurai, I love dodgetanks.

I'm going to pair Kaze and Peri for the sole purpose of having a Midori with a +8 speed +2 strength pair up boost (when reclassed to a samurai) to guard stance with whoever needs the boost at the time. I'm planning on pairing her up with Corrin to boost his dodgetanking and to give her access to the convoy so she can grab gold bars whenever she needs them, if I can figure out how/when to reclass her so she can have spendthrift and give the pair up stat boosts.

Other then that here are my planned pairs:

Silas:Mozu

Xander:Charlotte

Keaton:Azura

Aurthur:Effie

Odin:Elise

Leo:Nyx

Felica:Flame Shuriken

I dont plan on using Nyx, Mozu and possibly Keaton or Peri for anything for their children. I'm also missing Camila as I have no idea where to put her even though I know she's one of the best mothers.

I'm also missing Laslow, Niles, Benny and some other women because I'm not sure what to do with them, or I don't know if they are any good.

Please Ignore any spelling mistakes. I could use the excuse that I'm typing this up on my phone, but to be honest I just can't spell.

Edited by KingOfWhales

I think asking this here is relevant?

I'm trying Laslow x Hana in my revelation file. Should I even go for laslow's ninja skills? And what skill should I even give Soleil? I was thinking of making Hana pass astra or renewal but soleil is going to sol anyway so maybe astra from hana but what skill should laslow give soleil?

Hey guys, which mother for Percy and Mitama is more efficient?

I was thinking Kagero!Percy and Effie!Mitama for my Revelations run, but I don't know whether I want to swap the two or not. I'm spoiled by Percy resembling Bucky with Kagero as his mother haha but I can't decide which is better for him.

Is Selena a better mother for Sophie or Soleil?

Does she really screw over Caeldori's mods or is there a way to make Selena!Caeldori good with all that defense, since that is like my OTP right now?

Is Hard better than Min-Maxing/Grinding than Lunatic because you can reset for stat procs?

I have a +str-def Mamui and a Lancer for 2nd class so far I havent done any partnering aside from luna!matoi since I really like that pair
here is a list of what I think my problem is for the other children that I havent paired yet. Should I change some of pair except for the luna!matoi??

Luna!Matoi

Luna!Matoi!Kana

Setsuna!Selkie

Charlotte!Seigbert

Mozu!Midori

Beruka!Percy

Azura!Asugi

Elise!Ophelia

Kagerou!Shiro

Orochi!Rhajat

Effie!Velour

Camilla!Soleil

Peri!Sophie

Sakura!Forrest

Oboro!Ignatius

Hinoka!Sophie

Felicia!Nina

Hana!Mitama

Nyx!dwyer

So I'm about to start my first lunatic run ever (hold me, I'm scared) and I'm trying to plan out my supports. I'm fine grinding in castles to get the kids and grinding exp of off castles whenever I can but I'm not buying any dlc. I know there is probably a post addressing this already but... This is page 110. That's a lot of pages to wade through. (I'm playing Nohr)

So could I get some advice? I'd like to know what I should change, if it's not to much trouble.

For my avatar I'm going fast/dull/samurai, I love dodgetanks.

I'm going to pair Kaze and Peri for the sole purpose of having a Midori with a +8 speed +2 strength pair up boost (when reclassed to a samurai) to guard stance with whoever needs the boost at the time. I'm planning on pairing her up with Corrin to boost his dodgetanking and to give her access to the convoy so she can grab gold bars whenever she needs them, if I can figure out how/when to reclass her so she can have spendthrift and give the pair up stat boosts.

Other then that here are my planned pairs:

Silas:Mozu

Xander:Charlotte

Keaton:Azura

Aurthur:Effie

Odin:Elise

Leo:Nyx

Felica:Flame Shuriken

I dont plan on using Nyx, Mozu and possibly Keaton or Peri for anything for their children. I'm also missing Camila as I have no idea where to put her even though I know she's one of the best mothers.

I'm also missing Laslow, Niles, Benny and some other women because I'm not sure what to do with them, or I don't know if they are any good.

Please Ignore any spelling mistakes. I could use the excuse that I'm typing this up on my phone, but to be honest I just can't spell.

Hey, if you need a Camilla, you can put her on either Niles or Laslow. Personally I like her on Laslow, but if you put her on Niles, then you can give Selena to Laslow.

Hey guys I need some help optimizing for Lunatic mode(DLC allowed). my Avatar is FeMU +STR -LUK but I'm struggling trying to figure out the most optimal pairings in the game. I guess I'll first start off with talking about my avatar, Silas, Ryoma, and Camila. I just can't decide on what would be better as a whole.

FeMu!Shiro or Camila!Shiro
FeMu!Sophie or Camila!Sophie

and to throw a wrench in there, maybe

Camila!Kiragi

I'm also struggling on what character I should give Niles and Xander to be a fully optimized team. For some reason, Niles always gets the left overs because his +4 speed and the classes his daughter gets seem crazy sometimes.

What makes a good Sophie and Caeldori? I kind of want to optimize them as much as possible because I really like them, should I use the Avatar for their (and Subaki/Silas) sake, since I can customize the Avatar? I'm currently running a +Spd -Lck Avatar and Ninja as secondary class, but I can always reset!

Also, if possible, would anyone recommend me which skills or combos are useful in PvP? And which for PvE?

Thank you very much!

+Spd/-Def will make Ignatius more balance.. and yeah Wyvern Lord + Berserker is still a thing, Benny can A+ Keaton for Berserker and your female Avatar just need A support Camilla.

Sorry, just wanted to ask a quick question on this, because I don't know if I've seen it anywhere:

If a character has an A+ Support, does it give the same Pair Up bonuses as an S-Support? i.e. Would Wyvern Lord Beruka be able to A+ Berserker Charlotte and benefit from her silly +8 Str / +5 Spd support bonuses?

Sorry, just wanted to ask a quick question on this, because I don't know if I've seen it anywhere:

If a character has an A+ Support, does it give the same Pair Up bonuses as an S-Support? i.e. Would Wyvern Lord Beruka be able to A+ Berserker Charlotte and benefit from her silly +8 Str / +5 Spd support bonuses?

no, only A support bonuses will be applied

I think asking this here is relevant?

I'm trying Laslow x Hana in my revelation file. Should I even go for laslow's ninja skills? And what skill should I even give Soleil? I was thinking of making Hana pass astra or renewal but soleil is going to sol anyway so maybe astra from hana but what skill should laslow give soleil?

(Yay, someone is trying out my OTP)

It is best for Hana to pass renewal because believe me, Soleil will need it. Hana's mods are so glassy that she will need healing. It's not that Sol isn't unreliable, but constant healing from renewal is much better. Besides, you could level up to get Astra anyway.

For Laslow, I recommend an A+ skill or buying from other My Castles. Soleil will already inherit his Ninja class and Hana's Samurai class, so it would be much better to branch out and find a different skill for her. I would recommend Vengeance for a Vengeance+Vantage set. But you should pretty much pass any skill on her that isn't the Ninja or Samurai class.

Edited by TanatatKnight

• 2 weeks later...

Excoos me, but will Kagerou!Shinonome will be good with using the Skill called Swallow Strike|Darting Blow go cover up his Speed and Doubling.?

Well his speed isn't that bad at all. The skill is a good choice if you want. But there might be better options for him.

Well his speed isn't that bad at all. The skill is a good choice if you want. But there might be better options for him.

What kind of better options does Kagerou!Shinonome have as Holy Lancer + Swallow Strike|Darting Blow Skill.? Edited by Tide of Waves

I cannot decide if to pair do Hana!Selkie + Charlotte!Dwyer or Charlotte!Selkie + Hana!Selkie. I am trying to optimize Dwyer and Selkie for online battles. It seems like Dwyer would make an insane dodge tank Swordmaster with Hana as his mother.
Basically looking to make one of them a Berserker and the other a Swordmaster.
Hana!Dwyer (Swordmaster w/ +20 Hit & +30 Avo)

HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res 35 50 (4) 20 (-1) 32.5 (4) 42.5 (3) 27.5 (-1) 25 (-2) 32.5 (1)

Charlotte!Selkie (Berserker)

HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res 50 42.5 (5) 7.5 (1) 35 (-2) 52.5 (5) 52.5 (2) 25 (-3) 27.5 (1

or

Charlotte!Dwyer(Berserker w/ +20 Hit & +20 Avo)

HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res 55 50 (6) 15 (-1) 27.5 (3) 40 (3) 37.5 (0) 25 (-1) 20 (-2)

Hana!Selkie (Swordmaster)

HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res 30 42.5 (3) 12.5 (1) 40 (-1) 55 (5) 42.5 (1) 25 (-4) 40 (4)

Since im still pretty new to all the class changes in terms of max stat caps and skills I would be curious to see what skills and end game classes you guys would put for these pairings. Granted I figured most of them would be -Faire+Trigger skills(Aether/Sol+Luna,Astra,Lethality with Hoshidian Unity) I would still like to see what skills would actually work with magic weapons and what skills would proc with Unity like Spendthrift.

Dwyer!Kana (MU is +Str -Def)

Azura!Midori

Kagero!Dwyer

Hinoka!Sophie

Rinkah!Shiro

Hana!Kiragi

Sakura!Asugi

Mozu!Selkie

Oboro!Hisame

Setsuna!Mitama

Orochi!Caeldori

Felicia!Rhajat

For postgame and online matches, should I do Mozu!Sophie & Kagero!Shiro or Kagero!Sophie & Rinkah!Shiro?

I have a feeling that Mozu!Sophie & Kagero!Shiro is the better pair, but I'm more bias to Kagero!Sophie & Rinkah!Shiro due to the extra speed on Shiro, making him a better Spearmaster end unit. The Speed loss on Sophie can be a thing, but I plan for her to be a backrow Paladin anyway (or Master Ninja if she gets that from Kagero). Despite being a great class, Shiro doesn't need Ninja, and even if he does he can always grab it from Asugi (Sophie belongs to Kiragi). Besides, it leaves Mozu open for Kaze, although I don't plan to use Midori, but still...

Hinoka is available too for Silas, but I don't actually like Hinoka's hair on Sophie, unless Silas really really wants the warrior princess.

Not taking growth rates and skills into consideration, only classes and mods matter, which pairings should I do?

I originally posted this as a separate thread, and then I realized that was a terrible idea because this thread exists!

For my optimized Revelation file, I'm likely going to use a Female Avatar, and then have her marry Shiro (for personal reasons... lol). So, unless Kagero is needed elsewhere, I'm going to pair her with Ryoma to give him solid mods and a perfect hair color.

I'd really appreciate some advice for my avatar's Boon/Bane with Kana's inheritance (and her own combat) in mind. Right now, I'm looking at +Str, +Skl, or +Spd for the Boon, and -Def for the bane. For the talent, I'm considering Oni Savage.

Any input is welcomed. Thank you! :)

Edited by prettyprincess

So I was really bored at work today, so I wrote up an entire excel file to calculate a lot of information on my Revelations File. This involves max stats, possible classes, children classes, etc. After working on it for so long, I figured that I might as well share what I got, and get suggestions on fixes. I got all the data from Serenes Forest, such as class information, max stats, etc.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/df5rodxxs3hrhnd/Fates.xlsx?dl=0

The biggest pain while doing this was determining classes for S Class and A+ Supports. All you need to do is input your Bane, Boon, Gender, and Talent to input your main character, then you can pair up any characters together to calculate the children max stats. You can also check a character's possible classes and the maximum stats for each class. This calculates everything, even if you pair up two characters who can't actually pair up. I'll figure out how to fix that eventually.

You shouldn't have to edit anything on the excel file, except enter your character information in the Yellow boxes. I'm not sure if I completely understood the concept of parallel classing, but I think I got the logic correct. Spelling has to be correct. I've coded the main character in as My_Unit.

Take note, I'm not a programmer, just a bored Fire Emblem fan. If anyone gets a chance to use this, please let me know if there are any obvious errors when pairing up characters.

I want a +7 spd kid. Which route should I go with?

KazexSetsuna (Merchant, Sniper, Ninja) -1 STR 1 MAG, 4 SKL, 7 SPD, -2 LUK, -1 DEF, 1 RES

KazexAzura (Pegasus, Merchant, Ninja) -1 STR, 1 MAG, 4 SKL, 7 SPD, -1 LUK, -3 DEF, 2 RES Also comes with another +7 Kid

AzuraxNiles (Outlaw, Pegasus, Dark mage) -1 STR, 1 MAG, 1 SKL, 7 SPD, 1 LUK, -2 DEF, 2 RES Also comes with another +7 Kid

NilesxSetsuna (Outlaw, Sniper, Dark mage) -1 STR, 1 MAG, 1 SKL, 7 SPD, 0 LUK, 0 DEF, 1 RES

Edited by Duke of Dozel

I want a +7 spd kid. Which route should I go with?

KazexSetsuna (Merchant, Sniper, Ninja) -1 STR 1 MAG, 4 SKL, 7 SPD, -2 LUK, -1 DEF, 1 RES

KazexAzura (Pegasus, Merchant, Ninja) -1 STR, 1 MAG, 4 SKL, 7 SPD, -1 LUK, -3 DEF, 2 RES Also comes with another +7 Kid

AzuraxNiles (Outlaw, Pegasus, Dark mage) -1 STR, 1 MAG, 1 SKL, 7 SPD, 1 LUK, -2 DEF, 2 RES Also comes with another +7 Kid

NilesxSetsuna (Outlaw, Sniper, Dark mage) -1 STR, 1 MAG, 1 SKL, 7 SPD, 0 LUK, 0 DEF, 1 RES

Kaze x Azura

Niles works out alright with Setsuna but Nina prefers Mods from Nyx or Felicia.

Setsuna works very well on Selkie, though. One of the few reliable dodge-tanks with -breaker skills.