Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

I mean, if you really want to, you can let Takumi pick up Tomebreaker from Butler because his RES aren't all that great and Battle Formation from Strategist can work well since Takumi will be doing a lot of supporting anyway due to his Personal Skill.

Personally tho I'd say Hinata or Ryouma for Samurai would be better for Takumi just to get him Flowing Strike and Astra and maybe Strength Seal... And Vantage if you're planning on getting Takumi Proximity Shot whenever that comes out (Takumi Emblem anyone?). Also customized Trueblade costume for Takumi because why not.

Customized Trueblade costume? Takumi keeps his color scheme as a Trueblade?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note with your pairings.Joker cannot A+ Suzukaze.Joker can only A+ Takumi, Silas and Gunter.However Deer can A+ Gurei so that fixes your problem.

Other the that your pairings are pretty well done.Really yo are not missing out on much with Hinata so yeah.

You're right; I just assumed he could since they're both shared characters. Nice to know that Gurei is an option though, thanks!

@Xander x Effie if you don't mind a sucky Seigbert, try Xander x Felicia, it gives him access to Tomebreaker which Xander wants. Also give Xander Speed Drain to patch up his Speed problem.

What about this Ryoma:

Ryoma@Trueblade

-Swordfaire (Obligatory because Str+9 with Raijin Katana)

-Astra (Just couples well with him)

-Deadly Breath (S support Camilla or Belka, activates his personal skill)

-Line of Death/Death Match (I think that's what it roughly translates to) because Trueblades are natural dodgetanks.

-Copycat Puppet (If he can A+ Saizou or Kaze)

I'll have to keep this one in mind when I get around to playing the DLC, thanks!

Ryoma looks solid. I was initially thinking that units with Line of Death should be going all out with offense skills in tandem with it so as to take out the enemy before they even get a chance to counterattack, but on the flip side Ryoma gets reliable 1-2 range so he'll almost never be put in situations where enemies will take advantage of a free +10 to their damage output.

I mean, if you really want to, you can let Takumi pick up Tomebreaker from Butler because his RES aren't all that great and Battle Formation from Strategist can work well since Takumi will be doing a lot of supporting anyway due to his Personal Skill.

Personally tho I'd say Hinata or Ryouma for Samurai would be better for Takumi just to get him Flowing Strike and Astra and maybe Strength Seal... And Vantage if you're planning on getting Takumi Proximity Shot whenever that comes out (Takumi Emblem anyone?). Also customized Trueblade costume for Takumi because why not.

. . . Welp, A+ Ryouma it is!!! That sounds too worth it!

Takumi's Trueblade outfit is based on Sumeragi's outfit

I personally find Takumi's personalized weapon to fall off towards the late game as well. His stats work well for a Trueblade though.

Edited by Aidil

FeMui x Takumi

Subaki x Oboro

Sakura x Saizou

Asama x Setsuna

Ryoma x Kagerou

Hinata x Mozume

Joker x Hinoka

Nishiki x Hana

Aqua x Kaze

Silas x Felicia

These are ones I'm tempted to do. Alternates are:

Sakura x Subaki

Hinata x Oboro

Silas x Mozume

Orochi x Saizou

Whatever sounds better. They're just two pairings I was thinking of for those, otherwise I got em. Rate muh pairings.

Edited by Ebony

Yes actually, some Japanese players have been playing around with supports. Takumi's Trublade armor is black and silver instead of generic blue.

That's pretty interesting. If anyone gets their hands on pictures of that, I'd like to see it.

Takumi's Trueblade outfit is based on Sumeragi's outfit

I personally find Takumi's personalized weapon to fall off towards the late game as well. His stats work well for a Trueblade though.

Does Hinoka get a customized War Priestess outfit based on Queen Mikoto, then?

FeMui x Takumi

Subaki x Oboro

Sakura x Saizou

Asama x Setsuna

Ryoma x Kagerou

Hinata x Mozume

Joker x Hinoka

Nishiki x Hana

Aqua x Kaze

Silas x Sakura

These are ones I'm tempted to do. Alternates are:

Sakura x Subaki

Hinata x Oboro

Silas x Mozume

Orochi x Saizou

Whatever sounds better. They're just two pairings I was thinking of for those, otherwise I got em. Rate muh pairings.

If you are going for Grinding/Postgame/PVPI'd substitute Jakob x Hinoka for Silas x Hinoka.

Hinoka!Sophie@Paladin

Max Stats: 60 HP/34/26/32/32/29/33/33

-Diamond Strike (GK)

-Mirror Strike (FK)

-Aegis (Paladin)

-Pavise/Lancefaire (Marriage with Ignis or Lobster Jr.)

-Sol (Hero)

Between Diamond and Mirror Strike, you have 43 Defense and 53 Resistance when you trigger the battle, a ~1/3 chance to heal yourself, and a ~1/3 chance of halving damage, if you have Pavagis. If you go Lancefaire, you can have what is virtually a respectable 10 Mt Guard Nagitana, not accounting for forging.

If you are going for Grinding/Postgame/PVPI'd substitute Jakob x Hinoka for Silas x Hinoka.

Hinoka!Sophie@Paladin

Max Stats: 60 HP/34/26/32/32/29/33/33

-Diamond Strike (GK)

-Mirror Strike (FK)

-Aegis (Paladin)

-Pavise/Lancefaire (Marriage with Ignis or Lobster Jr.)

-Sol (Hero)

Between Diamond and Mirror Strike, you have 43 Defense and 53 Resistance when you trigger the battle, a ~1/3 chance to heal yourself, and a ~1/3 chance of halving damage, if you have Pavagis. If you go Lancefaire, you can have what is virtually a respectable 10 Mt Guard Nagitana, not accounting for forging.

Then who'd I put with Joker?

Also I messed up. I didn't mean to put Sakura twice the first time. I believe I meant to put Felicia.

Then who'd I put with Joker?

Also I messed up. I didn't mean to put Sakura twice the first time. I believe I meant to put Felicia.

Orochi could work, since she seems to be free. There's a mod clash with magic, but +2 mag isn't terrible, and it means he comes with 3 strength and 5 skill. Deere also gets access to Breaking Sky as a result, which is very useful to him as a more reliable proc than Luna. Felicia and Rinkah both have more severe mod clashes, and Orochi passes down an arguably better class. Access to Tomefaire helps if he wants to go Strategist, and Orochi can pass down a useful Herb Merchant skill - perhaps Extravagance or Household Cure, depending on if you want to grind for the former.

This could lead to something like Felicia/Tsukuyomi and I guess Rinkah alone, mostly because Felicia compliments Tsukuyomi's mods better, and both have more to gain from each other with Marriage Seals. Rinkah like mod clashes with everybody. It's annoying to pair her sometimes because of that.

Edited by HeoandReo

Is Pieri a good mother for someone? I want to know if the only good things she passes are her class and hair color.

IMO, she is a good mother for both Lutz and Hisame(The later being only for IK).Her mods don't really clash with any of them(Though Lutz's Def and Hisame's Skl will take quite the beating)and she gives them a pretty good class in Cavalier and her hair color suits them.

FeMui x Takumi

Subaki x Oboro

Sakura x Saizou

Asama x Setsuna

Ryoma x Kagerou

Hinata x Mozume

Joker x Orochi

Nishiki x Hana

Aqua x Kaze

Silas x Hinoka

Alright, I think I got everyone here done with that I wanted for Hoshido. Now time to start focusing on what skills I"m gonna give each character... this is... gonna take a while... uwu...

Is Pieri a good mother for someone? I want to know if the only good things she passes are her class and hair color.

Aside from Lutz/Hisame as mentioned earlier, Soleil is alright with her, though it's mostly for a little bit more strength and Luna access. The only issue is that Soleil can potentially get Cav by herself with A+ Sophie, so the logic goes why would you give her Pieri if you could give her a mother with better stats/better classes and just let her get Cav via Sophie. (Unless you have Soleil A+ with Mitama or Ophelia, though somehow I doubt that Pieri!Soleil would care for either.)

Nishiki could work, if you want a much more extreme version of Kinu. Pieri's mods compliment Nishiki's a little too much, in that Kinu does get more strength, speed and res, but suffers much worse in skill and defense.

But yeah, there's not too many kids who Pieri would benefit who wouldn't work as well with another parent. Her A+s are very solid(Ninja and Fighter stand out) but they don't hold a candle to others. She does have one of the better personal skills though, so it might be worth trying to optimize a pairing for her own sake. I'm thinking of placing her with Hinata for Samurai access, so that she can pick up a faire, Astra as another proc, and a few other useful skills to boost her offense with Killer Instinct.

Edited by HeoandReo

Question: What would be the best Hoshido x Nohr pairings for each male character in IK?

Tsukuyomi/Nyx, Zero/Oboro and Odin/Orochi all stand out as very competitive choices. Nyx!Shara is arguably the best one possible, from the looks of things.

Leon/Sakura and Ryoma/Camilla are also great pairings involving royals. Takumi/Camilla is OK, but Takumi's speed is always problematic for his child.

Asama/Effie, Nishiki/Charlotte, Saizou/Charlotte and Benoit/Oboro are probably decent, and Setsuna is always a solid mother for any kid, even the ones from Nohr she can parent. (Eponine & Lutz) I'm not sure if Tsubaki or Hinata gain that much from Nohr spouses, but imo they have much bigger problems to be concerned about than spousal choices. (bad mods and unimpressive growths. Tsubaki has personal growths of 20 speed and 5 res so he's the antithesis of most Pegasus knights in the series, and hurts Matoi a lot)

Belka!Gurei is funny. He gets terrible speed balanced with ridiculously high skill and a bunch of neat class skills to work with. Deadly Breath + Snake Venom, physical mods are 1 strength, 6 skill and lol -3 speed so he's the slowest ninja on the planet. At least that means he can proc a lot.

I also have a fondness of Arthur/Kagerou, mostly so that it gives Arthur a great support class in Elite Ninja to use auras with. Lazward/Hana is also worth considering, if you can stomach the low defense. Rinkah could go with Benoit, since she hurts Velour's strength a lot otherwise and Ignis could use the speed + defense boosts.

Edited by HeoandReo

Tsukuyomi/Nyx, Zero/Oboro and Odin/Orochi all stand out as very competitive choices. Nyx!Shara is arguably the best one possible, from the looks of things.

Leon/Sakura and Ryoma/Camilla are also great pairings involving royals. Takumi/Camilla is OK, but Takumi's speed is always problematic for his child.

Asama/Effie, Nishiki/Charlotte, Saizou/Charlotte and Benoit/Oboro are probably decent, and Setsuna is always a solid mother for any kid, even the ones from Nohr she can parent. (Eponine & Lutz) I'm not sure if Tsubaki or Hinata gain that much from Nohr spouses, but imo they have much bigger problems to be concerned about than spousal choices. (bad mods and unimpressive growths. Tsubaki has personal growths of 20 speed and 5 res so he's the antithesis of most Pegasus knights in the series)

Belka!Gurei is funny. He gets terrible speed balanced with ridiculously high skill and a bunch of neat class skills to work with. Deadly Breath + Snake Venom, physical mods are 1 strength, 6 skill and lol -3 speed so he's the slowest ninja on the planet. At least that means he can proc a lot.

I also have a fondness of Arthur/Kagerou, mostly so that it gives Arthur a great support class in Elite Ninja to use auras with. Lazward/Hana is also worth considering, if you can stomach the low defense. Rinkah could go with Benoit, since she hurts Velour's strength a lot otherwise and Ignis could use the speed + defense boosts.

Ah I see well I guess Velour's strength is screwed because Hana will get hitched with Lazward and Oboro will get hitched with Benoit, but thanks for the information.

Asama/Effie, Nishiki/Charlotte, Saizou/Charlotte and Benoit/Oboro are probably decent, and Setsuna is always a solid mother for any kid, even the ones from Nohr she can parent. (Eponine & Lutz) I'm not sure if Tsubaki or Hinata gain that much from Nohr spouses, but imo they have much bigger problems to be concerned about than spousal choices. (bad mods and unimpressive growths. Tsubaki has personal growths of 20 speed and 5 res so he's the antithesis of most Pegasus knights in the series, and hurts Matoi a lot)

The best units for the "HP damage after battle skills" (for lack of a better term) are Velour and Kinu, the latter being the best out of the two. They, along with their fathers, are the only units to get Four Fangs. I believe it's not possible to get Four Fangs on other units or children.

Through log booking or selective pairing, you can put Kinu next to an enemy and knock their HP down over 60% alone should she do over 1 damage. She can have Deadly Breath, Four Fangs, and Snake Venom, all of which drop HP by 20%. Her personal skill also knocks enemies HP down by 5. I believe getting this is build possible via Charlotte x Nishiki. Charlotte A+'s either Camilla or Berka (I don't remember) in order to pass Deadly Breath. Kinu then has to marry Grey.

I still think PvP is going to be based purely on hyper-offense. Based on anecdotes I've heard, people have been facing Extravagance, Copycat, and Aggressor skilled units with Brave Weapons for max offense. Tanking won't be as viable because of the existence of skills that push towards high offense. Defensive Formation can't do much against an Aggressor, Line of Death, Extravagance, Copycat, Brave Axe Midoriko. So Strength/Magic, Skill, and Speed should be the focus when building units.

Edited by Leif

Ah I see well I guess Velour's strength is screwed because Hana will get hitched with Lazward and Oboro will get hitched with Benoit, but thanks for the information.

I wouldn't say that Velour is out-and-out screwed, but she is a bit more underwhelming than she could be. +3 strength, +1 speed and +5 defense is alright as far as Velour goes. (though that -3 skill is brutal)

The best units for the "HP damage after battle skills" (for lack of a better term) are Velour and Kinu, the latter being the best out of the two. They, along with their fathers, are the only units to get Four Fangs. I believe it's not possible to get Four Fangs on other units or children.

Through log booking or selective pairing, you can put Kinu next to an enemy and knock their HP down over 60% alone should she do over 1 damage. She can have Deadly Breath, Four Fangs, and Snake Venom, all of which drop HP by 20%. Her personal skill also knocks enemies HP down by 5. I believe getting this is build possible via Charlotte x Nishiki. Charlotte A+'s either Camilla or Berka (I don't remember) in order to pass Deadly Breath.

I still think PvP is going to be based purely on hyper-offense. Based on anecdotes I've heard, people have been facing Extravagance, Copycat, and Aggressor skilled units with Brave Weapons for max offense. Tanking won't be as viable because of the existence of skills that push towards high offense. Defensive Formation can't do much against an Aggressor, Line of Death, Extravagance, Copycat, Brave Axe Midoriko. So Strength/Magic, Skill, and Speed should be the focus when building units.

Charlotte can A+ with Belka. Oboro and Hinoka can also pull off this set, since they can also A+ to a Wyvern and I'm assuming that Kinu will marry Gurei to pick up Snake Venom, if she isn't doing it via Logbook.

I do agree that attack stat of choice/skill/speed will be the main focus in PvP though, if the Awakening meta was any indication of what a competitive FE might look like. I do see a niche for debuffers as well, though. Maids/Butlers could be useful due to Shuriken/Kunai use as well as the ability to use all of the really nasty staves like Misfortune and Sin and Freeze. High stats, kunais/shurikens, and staffs are my predictions for what the meta is going to look like.

Edited by HeoandReo

Alright, so how would Orochi!Syalla work as a Dark Mage? I'm trying to find an extremely powerful Syalla (in magic). How does Orochi!Syalla compare to Kagerou!Syalla?

Which works better if I want a magical, yet high (or at least not bad skill like Nyx) skill at the same time? This is my copied post from the "I just want to know one thing!" thread:

How does a Dark Mage (Sorceror) Syalla work? Would that be better than spellcaster? How does it compare?

I'm thinking about picking that as a secondary class and having my Kanna marry Syalla for the class, but before I do, I want to make sure there are (if any) advantages for that. I like to have different classes, never having two or more of the same one (unless it's unavoidable).