Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, and to be a bit unorthodox, how do people think Matoi would preform as a Weapons Master?

You see, regardless of her parentage, she'll always have access to to Pegasus and Samurai thanks to her own class and Tsubaki. This means her promoted class options are Falcon Warrior, Golden Kite Warrior, Trueblade, and Weapons Master (before parentage of course).

Of course, if she's mothered by Hinoka or Oboro she'll also have Lance Fighter, which goes into Holy Lancer and Basara, which are valuable classes… still, I was just thinking about Weapons Master Matoi, as its something she's guaranteed even if you go for different parentages than these….

Base stats:

Falcon Warrior:

18 HP, 5 Str, 4 Mag, 6 Skl, 10 Spd, 5 Lck, 5 Def, 9 Res, 8 Move [ A rank lances, B-rank staves]

Weapons Master:

20 HP, 8 Str, 0 Mag, 6 Skl, 9 Spd, 3 Lck, 7 Def, 3 Res, 6 Move [A rank swords, B-rank lances, B-rank axes]

Oh, and I'll also compare Holy Lancer:

18 HP, 9 Str, 0 Mag, 8 Skl, 8 Spd, 3 Lck, 7 Def, 3 Res, 6 Move [+10 crit and +10 crit evade; S-rank lances]

What interests me here is:

a.) Matoi has naturally high HP growths, at 55% default (less due to mothers, I'm guessing maybe 50% with Hinoka) and Weapons Master (as well as Basara) stack on 20%… she'd have a 70% HP growth…

b.) It retains lance rank when transferring from a promoted class.

c.) It lets her learn Flowing Strike after 1 level and then combine this for the potential of weapon triangle control.

d.) Effective weaponry only requires a D-rank.. she already has that from lances and her initial Swordslayer… you could even toss her an Arms Scroll and she'd be able to use a wide variety of slayer and effective weapons…

And even if you didn't stick with the class, you could use it as a platform to import Astra, Vantage, or even Strength Seal into her other classes all whle retaining Lance rank…

Honestly I like this idea with an in character thing. The perfectionist's daughter gets a class that uses all weapons.

Thank you ! =)

Another question... Is Kanna really bad or it's just me ? I did 2-3 files and every time Kanna is really ( really ) bad

I don't have the game yet, but

A) What was your asset and flaw

B) Who did you marry

My avatar has + str - mag

i married jakob

i reclassed him in wyvern and look :

lvl 17

hp : 30

str : 14 ( !!!! )

mag : 8

skill : 19

spd : 16

luck : 16

def : 14 ( !!!! )

res : 8

yes he has a nice skill and spd, but not enough to double and really bad str

My Asama at the same level has better stats lol

maybe i will make him butler just to support...

Edited by CompteSecours

My avatar has + str - mag

i married jakob

i reclassed him in wyvern and look :

lvl 17

hp : 30

str : 14 ( !!!! )

mag : 8

skill : 19

spd : 16

luck : 16

def : 14 ( !!!! )

res : 8

My Asama at the same level has better stats lol

maybe i will make him butler just to support...

Jesus, i've heard that Kanna isn't normally that bad, seems like Anna the RNGgoddes hates your Kanna (though in all seriousness, 14 strength in a Kanna with a F!Kamui that has a +str modifier with THAT low strength, yikes).

SECOND EDIT: Oops, I misread this and didn't see that you had gone to Wyvern Kanna…. in that case, the magic makes sense, you actually have 1 less base STR and equal growths (so you're actually STR blessed), etc.

EDIT:

Responding to #1756, CompteSecours

Actually, that's not too far off from what I'd expect based on my own guesses of how things work, STR wise….

Jakob has a 30% STR growth and Kanna has a 35% personal growth…. The class has a base of 7, Kanna has a personal base of 3, and the class has a 15% growth…

Nohr Prince bases; 17 HP, 7 Str, 3 Mag, 4 Skl, 5 Spd, 2 Lck, 5 Def, 2 Res

Kanna personal base: 7 HP, 3 Str, 6 Mag, 8 Skl, 8 Spd, 9 Lck, 5 Def, 5 Res

Jakob growths: 50% HP, 30% Str, 15% Mag, 40% Skl, 35% Spd, 45% Lck, 25% Def, 25% Res

Kanna growths: 30% HP, 35% Str, 30% Mag, 40% Skl, 45% Spd, 45% Lck, 25% Def, 25% Res

Nohr Prince growth: 15% HP, 15% Str, 10% Mag, 10% Skl, 10% Spd, 10% Lck, 10% Def, 5% Res

Expectation under my averaged variable + kid hypothesis:

My prediction: 27.85 HP, 13.325 Str, 11.275 Mag, 15.5 Skl, 16.5 Spd, 14.85 Lck, 12.45 Def, 9.1 Res

Your results: 30 HP, 14 Str, 8 Mag, 19 Skl, 16 Spd, 16 Lck, 14 Def, 9 Res

The only thing that bothers me here is that Kanna's magic stat, 8, is less than the sum of her personal and class bases, so that suggests that her bases can be subtracted from, something I haven't seen before….

From bases, she'd start with 24 HP… its possible to gain 6 HP levels, so that's fine. Str is fine… Bases would start at level 10 with 12 SKl, so getting blessed in SKL could definitely account for 19 Skl (get it every level by chance)… speed is near expectation…. luck seems plausibly blessed…. DEF is actually blessed according to my predictions [i expected a base of 10 and then gaining 2.45 due to a predicted 35% growth over 7 levels]…. RES is slightly screwed [i expected a base of 7 and then a gain of two points to 9, but you might have missed one and only gotten 8].

But yeah, except for having less magic than I thought was even possible in the first place [showing something is wrong with my predictions], everything seems reasonable enough or something that could come from a stat bless or screw…

Actually, even if the Avatar was involved, (60%+35%+30%)/3+15% = 13.9666, so actually 14 Str is perfectly reasonable… its actually pretty much near the expectation.

Original post:

Final boss discussion, assumed 20/15 levels, 3rd route; using Avatar x Matoi

And either red-hair Matoi (Luna!Matoi, Hinoka!Matoi) would give +3 SPD at S-rank (+2 class, +1 personal), give at least +4 DEF (+2 class, +3 personal for Luna, +2 personal for Hinoka), and at least the +2 STR of the class [+3 (+2+1) for Luna]. And +2 SKL….

Looking at a 20/15 Avatar, +MAG/-LCK (start level 1 Nohr Prince, gain 19 Nohr Prince, promote to White Blood, 8 levels White Blood, 2 Dark Blood, 4 Trueblade), we have averages [which of course, vary in actual runs] of 40 HP, 28 Str, 25 Mag, 24 Skl, 27 Spd, 16 Lck, 22 Def, and 14 Res…..

So with either of them, we'd be hitting an average of 60[Hinoka!Matoi]-61[Luna!Matoi] ATK power [after +damage effects] due to 28 STR + 16 Might + 4 Yato STR + 3 A-rank weapon + 2 tonic + 2 minimum Str pair [+3 for Luna!Matoi] + 5 from Swordfaire = 60. After that, just plopping Camilla down onto the square next to use gives us 63 attack, which should, if I understand Dragonskin's interaction with Swordfaire and the like correctly, result in 20 damage even against the 36 DEF final form.

27 SPD (27.1 on average, the SPD from Trueblade helps) plus the +3 speed either gives, plus five from Yato (possession + katana boost) plus a speed tonic puts us at 37 SPD, more than enough to double….

22 DEF + 4 Yato -1 Katanna +4 or 5 [Hinoka!Matoi/Luna!Matoi] = 29 or 30 DEF… Camilla's bewitching flower pushes up to 30 or 31 effectively… the prior form has 66 PHY attack, so that could be a 35 or 36 damage expectation… on average its survivable… with pair-up, its even survivable without Camilla…

14 RES +4 -1 +0 for Luna!Matoi or +1 for Hinoka Matoi, and +1 effective from Camilal, gives us 18 or 19 effective RES…. 30 or 29 damage…. survivable….

Oh, and since we're in Guard stance, the basic pattern of Kamui attack - boss attack - Kamui attack builds up 6 shield gauge… and an Astra generates 10…. So if Kamui went into the first battle with 2 shield already built up, it would go: 2 --> (Kamui attack) 4 --> boss attack (6) --> Kamui attack (8) ---> Kamui gets danced for [and doesn't even need to be healed] ---> Kamui attacks [get 10 shield meter] ---> boss attacks and support partner dual guards the attack, no damage --> Kamui attacks.

For hit: +2 SKL from pair, +2 SKL and +4 Lck from tonics, 24 SKL and 16 LCK from average stats ,Bind, and Yato brings us up to a starting value of 87% hit…. being next to Camilla would give our guard stance about +4 hit from the generic bonuses, so 91%…. Consuming two Goddess icons during the game (to help deal with our LCK flaw) would give +4 hit [one in Ch. 4, one from I think Ch.10]… so that's 95% hit. Put ourselves next to another unit standing to our side and that's 99%. A secret book and that's a 101.5% hit rate. If we are below our average skill or luck, someone can rally skill or luck for us….

As for attack we haven't assumed Energy Drops and only used Camilla's boost, we also have safety margin of using Energy drops, Hinoka, Elise, Rally Strength, etc. if our damage falls below the predicted average, so we have safety margins….

Same with HP/DEF/RES/SPD (stat boosters\rally if needed]

Edited by astrophys

Out of curiosity, and to be a bit unorthodox, how do people think Matoi would preform as a Weapons Master?

You see, regardless of her parentage, she'll always have access to to Pegasus and Samurai thanks to her own class and Tsubaki. This means her promoted class options are Falcon Warrior, Golden Kite Warrior, Trueblade, and Weapons Master (before parentage of course).

Of course, if she's mothered by Hinoka or Oboro she'll also have Lance Fighter, which goes into Holy Lancer and Basara, which are valuable classes… still, I was just thinking about Weapons Master Matoi, as its something she's guaranteed even if you go for different parentages than these….

Base stats:

Falcon Warrior:

18 HP, 5 Str, 4 Mag, 6 Skl, 10 Spd, 5 Lck, 5 Def, 9 Res, 8 Move [ A rank lances, B-rank staves]

Weapons Master:

20 HP, 8 Str, 0 Mag, 6 Skl, 9 Spd, 3 Lck, 7 Def, 3 Res, 6 Move [A rank swords, B-rank lances, B-rank axes]

Oh, and I'll also compare Holy Lancer:

18 HP, 9 Str, 0 Mag, 8 Skl, 8 Spd, 3 Lck, 7 Def, 3 Res, 6 Move [+10 crit and +10 crit evade; S-rank lances]

What interests me here is:

a.) Matoi has naturally high HP growths, at 55% default (less due to mothers, I'm guessing maybe 50% with Hinoka) and Weapons Master (as well as Basara) stack on 20%… she'd have a 70% HP growth…

b.) It retains lance rank when transferring from a promoted class.

c.) It lets her learn Flowing Strike after 1 level and then combine this for the potential of weapon triangle control.

d.) Effective weaponry only requires a D-rank.. she already has that from lances and her initial Swordslayer… you could even toss her an Arms Scroll and she'd be able to use a wide variety of slayer and effective weapons…

And even if you didn't stick with the class, you could use it as a platform to import Astra, Vantage, or even Strength Seal into her other classes all whle retaining Lance rank…

And what about her father, Subaki, as a Weapon Master? Would it work too?

I think Weapon Master is one of the "bulkiest" classes that Subaki has access naturally and giving him access to all 3 weapon triangle parts would beneffit his poor STR? The problem maybe would be SPD then, as he has low SPD and the class is not brilliant in this stat tbh, I was thinking maybe in this build:

-Astra

-Swallow Strike (to fix the SPD issue)

-Speed Seal (not sure about this one, but also to fix his SPD) [s-rank Hinoka/Oboro]

-Renewal (to help his Personal Skill) [A+ Asama]

-Breaking Sky [s-rank Hinoka/Oboro]

Other interesting skills he can get are (considering I want him to marry Hinoka or Oboro): Vantage (but I don't see it like fitting in this set), Defence Seal, Strenght Seal (but he is suposed to be bulky...), Flamboyant (idk how to feel about this one xD), LoD.

I suspect that making him a Holy Lancer sound better in this case, but I like the Weapon Master class and its weapon triangle obvious advantages.

I really like Subaki so I really want to optimize him and use him as much as I can. It's the first time I think about an "optimal set" for a character so I'm not a pro here, you can all say what you think xD

And what about her father, Subaki, as a Weapon Master? Would it work too?

I think Weapon Master is one of the "bulkiest" classes that Subaki has access naturally and giving him access to all 3 weapon triangle parts would beneffit his poor STR? The problem maybe would be SPD then, as he has low SPD and the class is not brilliant in this stat tbh, I was thinking maybe in this build:

-Astra

-Swallow Strike (to fix the SPD issue)

-Speed Seal (not sure about this one, but also to fix his SPD) [s-rank Hinoka/Oboro]

-Renewal (to help his Personal Skill) [A+ Asama]

-Breaking Sky [s-rank Hinoka/Oboro]

Other interesting skills he can get are (considering I want him to marry Hinoka or Oboro): Vantage (but I don't see it like fitting in this set), Defence Seal, Strenght Seal (but he is suposed to be bulky...), Flamboyant (idk how to feel about this one xD), LoD.

I suspect that making him a Holy Lancer sound better in this case, but I like the Weapon Master class and its weapon triangle obvious advantages.

I really like Subaki so I really want to optimize him and use him as much as I can. It's the first time I think about an "optimal set" for a character so I'm not a pro here, you can all say what you think xD

Weapon Master TsuBAKA

65HP 32STR 25MAG 32SKL 28SPD 30LUK 34DEF 27RES

Outside of being doubled often and having a meh speed growth (40 from Samurai, 30 on weapon master), it's probably his best non flier go to class at default.But having a 30 DEF pegasus just sounds appealing to me. idk He'll have to be more offensive if you use this class.

You'll want to invest in Line of Death. Having a low STR growth and -1 mod means any added damage is wanted. Unless marrying Hinoka or Oboro, his best weapon is swords, thanks to S rank from Trueblade and Swordfaire.

Don't bother with seals unless youre a kunai user. Astra's low proc rate isn't really good, so I'd aim for Breaking Sky if possible. If not, it's not like he's having any better skills to put there.

Edited by Duke of Dozel

I was discussing Tsubaki pairings for Matoi on reddit, and Shephen offered some commentary….

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/3oe9zf/how_would_you_ranktier_these_variants_of_this/

He recommended Oboro and Setsuna as topic picks for in-game efficiency… Hinoka was placed a bit lower because:

Worse pair up stats unless Hinoka goes Lancer, and you have to basically cut the number of fliers you have in half since you gain support points faster together which hurts. But Baki and Matoi both get the Lancer Line and their skills which is all they really need.

It doesn't matter since Hinoka's gonna stay as a lancer anyway. Seals aren't an issue buying online, or upgrading your castle. They all get the great skills and classes from Lancer, and though it's not a big deal, Matoi has Dragon's Vein. Balanced growths that essentially make Matio Hinoka 2.0, and you get to keep your precious red hair. Win win.

Though he's right that Oboro, Hana and Setsuna are good choices. Also a magic based Matoi sounds fun.

Well, I do confess a bias for wanting Hinoka!Matoi (for the hair), although there is the awkwardness that that makes her my [character's] niece & wife simultaneously

, or rather, to be more accurate, my [character's] step-neice & wife

, so that pairing does carry incestuous vibes. I'd probably go ahead with it anyways, but that's how it is….

As for upgrading your castle, keep in mind that you only get infinite seals after Ch. 20 or so…. Hinoka is joining you in 8. You get 3 purchasable parallel seals before then (1, then 2). So, yes, I can indeed re-class her, but it also shuts down other character's early reclass options, so there is a real cost there. Also, there would be the cost of only having Tsubaki as my flier for a few chapters… this can be worked around, but it is a cost nonetheless.

Yes, you can visit other castles, but my internet connection here is kind of temperamental, so its not something I want to assume…. I'd rather assume in-game resources.

But yes, I do like Hinoka!Matoi's growths better; Hinoka has 305% and Oboro has 280%, while Matoi has 285% by default; Oboro will drag her down ever so slightly on the net, while Hinoka will lift her up…

If my growth hypthoses is correct, Hinoka!Matoi vs. Hinoka have these growths:

Totals:

Hinoka!Matoi: 295%

Hinoka: 305% [she wins, although she elevates Hinoka to halve the gap from a 20% lead (vs. 285%) to only a 10% lead (vs. 295%)]

HP: 50% vs. 45% [Matoi wins, +5%]

Str: 40% vs. 45% {Hinoka wins, +5%]

Mag: 15% vs 15% [identical]

Skl: 40% vs. 40% [identical]

Spd: 42.5% vs. 45% [Hinoka wins, +2.5%]

Lck: 42.5% vs. 40% [Matoi wins, +2.5%]

Def: 35% vs. 35% [identical]

Res: 30% vs. 40% [Hinoka wins, +10%]

A 10% RES difference is the largest divergence that they have, in Hinoka's favor.

I believe that Hinoka might also have better default bases than Matoi does, which will give her a bit of a league. But I'm not exactly sure how parents enhance kid's bases, so these enhancements might or might not make up for it.

As for Mods:

Hinoka: +1 Str, -1 Mag, -1 Skl, +1 Spd, +0 Lck, -1 Def, +2 Res

Matoi: +1 Str, +0 Mag, +2 Skl, +0 Spd, +0 Lck, +3 Def, +2 Res

Matoi wins in Mag, Skl, and Def. She ties in Str, Lck, and Res. She loses in Spd.

But yes, for most things that matter she'd be Hinoka 2.0.

Although their personal skills would differentiate them some more…. Encouragement and Prodigy have very different functions.

I also agree that a MAG Matoi might also be interesting, particular considering a MAG avatar that I'm planning…. Granted, the highest MAG matoi, Orochi Matoi (who also gets +2 MAG) also has an awful SPD mod and subpar growth, but SPD caps won't come into play in the main game, so its just the growth that could be the issue… although its still better than what Tsubaki has and should give her something like twice his MAG growth rate…. 40% Mag growth if my hypothesis is right as a Pegasus and 50% as a Falcon Warrior…. even 60% as an Excorcist [not idea, but its only 10% less than what Sakura would do]. Although there is also the matter of bases.

I know a lot of people just pair spare benoit, but if you really wanted to optimalize him and Ingis, what should I go with

I'd like to double this question and also ask about Flannel. It is kinda obvious that a Str asset Kamui/Corrin would be a best wife but would a Speed asset also be good and also any opinions on what Secondary to give him? Oni? Lancer? Samurai?

While waiting for the western release, I have a hard time deciding on my theoretical 5-man team for PvP purposes and feel kinda dumb registering to ask for advice here, but maybe someone is willing to give me some, as I failed to get help on reddit. What I try to achieve is to not screw up entirely. I don't intend to abuse the most possible in general nor do I find it particularly entertaining to go for cheesy puppet, lethality, extravagance, etc. builds, but I still want to put up a noteworthy fight, you know. My preferences for pairings, that do not aim at the best possible combination of classes or skill/stat-inheritance, also deny me the possibility of even reaching the summit, so I'd already be satisfied if facing me doesn't induce yawning for my enemies.

Here is my current line-up:

Kamui (Speed+/Mag-) as Holy Lancer: One of these Dragon Fang/Luna/Breaking Sky/Astra + Nohr (mostly for the synergy with Effie) + Axebreaker + Counter + Unknown 5th skill,

Effie (Waifu) as General: Luna + Flamboyant + Pavise + Aegis + Defense Formation
Rinkah!Velour as Managarmr: Counter + Beastbane + Renewal + Odd Cry or Four Fangs + Lancebreaker
Hinoka!Siegbert as Falcon Rider: Is Rescue or Sun God any good? + Luna + Diamond Strike + Lancefaire + Unspecified 5th skill (Overbearing?)
5th char is undetermined due to my doubts about having an already garbo idea for the rest. Thought about a Basara, but that would be ANOTHER lance user, even if I would gain the magic aspect. The wish to have the entire family requires to add Kanna, but I've heard she kinda sucks. Otherwise a Holy Bowman for ranged attacks (Takumi?) or a Trueblade Kagerou!Shinonome all came to mind...

Here my planned pairings for IK if someone sees any good possible unit out of my shippings.

MU/Effie - Kanna
Jacob/Camilla - Deere
Silas/Azura - Sophie, Shigure
Kaze/Felicia - Midoriko
Ryoma/Kagerou - Shinonome

Takumi/Setsuna - Kisaragi
Saizou/Charlotte - Gurei

Asama/Oboro - Mitama

Hinata/Hana - Hisame

Subaki/Orochi - Matoi

Nishiki/Mozume - Kinu

Xander/Hinoka - Siegbert

Leo/Sakura - Foleo

Lazward/Luna - Soleil

Odin/Elise - Ophelia

Zero/Nyx - Eponine

Arthur/Pieri - Lutz

Benoit/Belka - Ignis

Flannel/Rinkah - Velour

Pairings on the other routes (for skills) are still interchangeable, even partially on the third route. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

More of a general question about boots -

would it be really pointless if I just gave them all to holy lancer!Oboro ?

I was trying to decide between her and Takumi, and at first I was thinking the latter; but I don't really use his Fuujin bow anymore, so it wouldn't be as useful for him without the bow's terrain negation effects;

Who do people usually give the boots to anyways ? Mounted units ?

I don't really use any in my main file, so there's not too much of an option there (mounted units are either mostly benched or have been reclassed) and I don't think giving it to my f!Kamui would be a good idea since she's a dark blood class with magic flaw (silly mistake on my end and I am full of forever regret).

But yeah, any advice would be great ~ ; U ;

I just don't want to hoard them forever and have them waste away like they did in my other games ><

Also on a side note, HOW does everyone level up their units so quickly ??

I'm seeing capped level 99 units everywhere when I visit castles and HOW lol

I grind so much on the DLC maps (I have all of them, I do a combo of the weapons, exp, and gold ones)

and have been using eternal seals but...it's...really slow... ; A ;

leveling is under unit optimization right lol

Edited by mimasho

More of a general question about boots -

would it be really pointless if I just gave them all to holy lancer!Oboro ?

I was trying to decide between her and Takumi, and at first I was thinking the latter; but I don't really use his Fuujin bow anymore, so it wouldn't be as useful for him without the bow's terrain negation effects;

Who do people usually give the boots to anyways ? Mounted units ?

I don't really use any in my main file, so there's not too much of an option there (mounted units are either mostly benched or have been reclassed) and I don't think giving it to my f!Kamui would be a good idea since she's a dark blood class with magic flaw (silly mistake on my end and I am full of forever regret).

But yeah, any advice would be great ~ ; U ;

I just don't want to hoard them forever and have them waste away like they did in my other games ><

Also on a side note, HOW does everyone level up their units so quickly ??

I'm seeing capped level 99 units everywhere when I visit castles and HOW lol

I grind so much on the DLC maps (I have all of them, I do a combo of the weapons, exp, and gold ones)

and have been using eternal seals but...it's...really slow... ; A ;

leveling is under unit optimization right lol

It depends from the route. On Hoshido and on IK I think you can give the Boots to Oboro and not have any problem. On Nohr it'd be best to give it to either Camilla or Xander, since that +1 Mov can really help them. I don't have the game though, so take this with a grain of salt.

I think that EXP gain varies based on difficulty. Maybe you're playing on Hard or Lunatic while others are playing on Easy/Phoenix.

It depends from the route. On Hoshido and on IK I think you can give the Boots to Oboro and not have any problem. On Nohr it'd be best to give it to either Camilla or Xander, since that +1 Mov can really help them. I don't have the game though, so take this with a grain of salt.

I think that EXP gain varies based on difficulty. Maybe you're playing on Hard or Lunatic while others are playing on Easy/Phoenix.

aah totally got caught up with rl but thanks for the answer !

I deleted my Nohr file and filled it up with all IK runs, plus Camilla and Xander are usually unfortunately benched (ugh so many good characters I can't decide which ones to use) -so I guess I'll split them between Oboro and Takumi (just because I'd hate the latter to be left behind since i always have them in attack formation lol)

and ooh I totally didn't think about that !!

I've been playing both hard and lunatic, so that may be the reason ><

It's a bit hard to believe that THAT many people are playing on easy though ?? (and I always reset if more than one of my units die on any map, so kind of like pheonix mode so I'm taking that out of account) None of my characters got close to cap on normal either, but I didn't grind much there.

A good handful of players I've encountered through wifi have capped teams ~

and ooh I totally didn't think about that !!

I've been playing both hard and lunatic, so that may be the reason ><

It's a bit hard to believe that THAT many people are playing on easy though ?? (and I always reset if more than one of my units die on any map, so kind of like pheonix mode so I'm taking that out of account) None of my characters got close to cap on normal either, but I didn't grind much there.

A good handful of players I've encountered through wifi have capped teams ~

My guess is that several of them were simply hacked, where the stats where maximized without too much grinding? I mean, I read quite a bit on reddit that a lot of Wifi teams are manipulated (I read "Action Replay", I believe?). Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they actually grinded the conventional way.

My guess is that several of them were simply hacked, where the stats where maximized without too much grinding? I mean, I read quite a bit on reddit that a lot of Wifi teams are manipulated (I read "Action Replay", I believe?). Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they actually grinded the conventional way.

RIGHT totally forgot to take that into consideration.

That makes a lot of sense, considering how many hacked teams I've seen in PvP and just in general.

I feel a bit better about my slow grinding now xD

on a more on topic note, which is a better parent for Matoi, Aqua, Sakura, Kazahana, Felicia, Rinka, or Kagerou ?

I'm pretty much sprinting into my lunatic run blindly and have no plans for anything -would any kind of Matoi potentially be a good witch ?

*I've been going Aqua!Matoi for all my runs so far, but tbh I'm not too fond of their supports, so just seeing my other options ; u ;