Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

What would be the best secondary class for marrying a Nyx!Shara? Also, with who should I buddy seal her?

Shara should definitely buddy with Matoi for Shallow Strike. Combined with her already amazing speed she will double everything. As for secondary, anything hat provides a decent proc. I like Samurai as Astra, IMO, is good with magic. Cavalier can work too though for Luna (Knight can also work if you want DF to do a Sorc tank)

Nyx should buddy Charlotte for Sol if you go Sorc tank and Tsukuyomi should buddy Fuuga for Astra/Line of Death.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: Does Azura!Dia can function a healing staff with Azura's Stat mod on Dia when he goes in Butler.?

Also are these a good equipment items for him, when I make him into a Support Staff Butler for PvP.?

-Suzukaze's Gale-darts

-Fortify, or Physic/Autumn, or Great Festival

-Wind Summon

-Freeze

-Weakness/All the World's that Evil

Edited by Tide of Waves

I know a lot of people recommended that I should use Corrin as a hybrid character... but I really want to try using other characters as hybrids (I probably will have a +Mag Corrin on one of my playthroughs though).

Regarding that, how would Anna function as a hybrid? She has 30% Str and 55% Mag natural growths... as a Shura she'd have 50/70, as a Basara she'd have 40/65, as a Revenant Knight she'd have 45/70, as a Dark Knight she'd have 50/65, and as a Dark Falcon she'd have 40/70.

She also starts out with 9 Str and 11 Mag as an unpromoted, Lv. 10 unit... so she looks like she could easily master the hybrid role.

I know I'd have to marry Corrin to her for those classes (aside from Dark Falcon), but I was planning on marrying Anna on one of my playthroughs anyways, so that won't be much of a problem.

Edited by Minischew

Okay so how valid is this?

Orochi!Ophelia!Kanna (+Spd -Def daddy)@Exorcist

1/5/6/2/1/-4/0

-Vantage

-Vengeance

-Line of Death

-Flamboyant

-Hoshido

Just give her Lightning and away they go.

The First Thing you need to know is that Kanna will inherit the Dark Mage Tree from Ophelia (or the Samurai Tree if the Avatar picked Dark Mage as his Secondary Tree), so unless the Avatar has the Spellcaster Tree as his Secondary she might need to make a good use of her Support with Kinu to reclass as an Exorcist.

The Second Thing relies on what Kanna needs to do in order to get the Vantage + Line of Death skill combo:

If you're not willing to make her spent Four Level Ups from Lv. 11 and up as a Weapon Master or she didn't inherit the Samurai Tree from either of her parents (nor married Hisame), those Two have to be her inherited skills, which means both the Avatar (via Secondary or Buddy Seal with A-rank Support with Ryouma or Hinata) and Ophelia (Father Inheritance) have to spent time in the Samurai Tree (to which case I say make the Avatar a Weapon Master for LoD and Ophelia a Trueblade for Vantage along with Astra, as I've heard the latter skill plays nice with Magic Users).

If Kanna can spent some time as a Weapon Master, then you can pick two skills between Vengeance, Flamboyant and Hoshido to have her inherit from her parents and make her work to learn the remaining third (preferably one that makes her stay in a magic-focused tree) before and/or after getting the "Vantage over Death" combo.

The rest is up to you.

Edited by AstraSage

Is this good?

Takumi/Holy Bowman

-Magic Counter

-Counter

-Roundhouse

-Ogre Strike

-Bowfaire

Takumi would need to buy Magic Counter and Roundhouse from a logbook with entries where he got married to a Priestess!Avatar and a Fighter!Avatar respectively. That said, it's easy for him to spent some time as a Shura for Counter & Ogre Strike (the latter skill still pairs well with his personal skill) if he marries Rinkah or an Oni-Savage!Avatar and use Prescient Victory (from his Starting Class) and Tomebreaker (from his Support with Jakob) as substitutes for the logbook-only skills.

Likewise, a (maybe Rinkah!)Kisaragi inheriting the Shura skills has an easier time getting this skill composition if he marries either Velour or Mitama for Roundhouse or Magic Counter respectively and uses the logbook to get the remaining skill from a Kisaragi who married the other girl.

Edited by AstraSage

Is this good?

Takumi/Holy Bowman

-Magic Counter

-Counter

-Roundhouse

-Ogre Strike

-Bowfaire

Don't count out Proximity Shot from DLC. Also he wants something to boost his speed, so Swallow Strike (which he can get naturally by leveling as a GKW) or Speed Drain would be to his liking. Note that he also gets Breaking Sky naturally, which is never a bad thing to have. Also Counter skills were super nerfed so if I were you I'd just hold out for Proximity Shot to avoid putting forth all of the work it would take to get him two sucky skills that are outclassed by far.

Don't count out Proximity Shot from DLC. Also he wants something to boost his speed, so Swallow Strike (which he can get naturally by leveling as a GKW) or Speed Drain would be to his liking. Note that he also gets Breaking Sky naturally, which is never a bad thing to have. Also Counter skills were super nerfed so if I were you I'd just hold out for Proximity Shot to avoid putting forth all of the work it would take to get him two sucky skills that are outclassed by far.

I actually have to point out Takumi can only learn Swallow Strike from promoting into GKW if he also has access to the Pegasus Warrior tree, which means marrying Azura and adding Ogre Strike to the list of skills to get from the Logbook.

I agree Speed Drain is a good alternative to cover his shortcomings, but let me point out Counter's Nerf only affected those times Melee attackers used it to boost damage during the Player Phase so it's a change that Bow-wielders don't care and are free to still use the Skill (especially when you're forced to get it before Ogre Strike) even when Proximity Shot gets released somewhere in the next DLC Batch.

Edited by AstraSage

I kinda posted this in the wrong thread, but I want to hear your thoughts on this one:

How does Mozume, Hana, Azura!Midoriko, Elise, Charlotte, Sakura, Female Kanna (mother is Mozume with Luck+/Skill- from Avatar), and Effie fair as Maids in terms of growth rates and maximum stats? And assume that you level all of them up to level 20 at their starting class, use Buddy/Second/Marriage Seal, then use Master Seal and level them up to 20 (or in Midoriko's case, use the Child Seal after getting her around chapter 20ish or so, then use Eternal Seals and level her up to 30).

I kinda posted this in the wrong thread, but I want to hear your thoughts on this one:

How does Mozume, Hana, Azura!Midoriko, Elise, Charlotte, Sakura, Female Kanna (mother is Mozume with Luck+/Skill- from Avatar), and Effie fair as Maids in terms of growth rates and maximum stats? And assume that you level all of them up to level 20 at their starting class, use Buddy/Second/Marriage Seal, then use Master Seal and level them up to 20 (or in Midoriko's case, use the Child Seal after getting her around chapter 20ish or so, then use Eternal Seals and level her up to 30).

I know that Sakura would most likely make a good Maid. She has a surprisingly high strength growth which is a good hybrid for the class. She just needs to buddy with someone or marry to the appropriate spouse to get it.

I know that Sakura would most likely make a good Maid. She has a surprisingly high strength growth which is a good hybrid for the class. She just needs to buddy with someone or marry to the appropriate spouse to get it.

And what about the rest, I know Midoriko (if her mother is Felicia, or Azura and Midoriko Buddy Support with female!Kanna!RodKnight) can make a good Maid since she mostly benefit from having high luck caps and if you want Midoriko to use Hidden Weapons, then the Maid is a better option for her (although Basara and Pegasus Knight are usually way better options for Midoriko). Also, what about Charlotte and Elfie reclassed as maids.

And what about the rest, I know Midoriko (if her mother is Felicia, or Azura and Midoriko Buddy Support with female!Kanna!RodKnight) can make a good Maid since she mostly benefit from having high luck caps and if you want Midoriko to use Hidden Weapons, then the Maid is a better option for her (although Basara and Pegasus Knight are usually way better options for Midoriko). Also, what about Charlotte and Elfie reclassed as maids.

Charlotte and Elfie I don't know, but I think the rest can be decent at them. I would assume Charlotte and Elfie bring in some strength at the very least, though its most certainly not their best class to -stay- in.

If I were to make a flying-only team on IK, would Ryouma rather be a Pegasus or a Wyvern Lord (marry Camilla)?

Wyvern Lord. Pegasi have bad max stats in this game compared to other games, especially Golden-Kite.

I know -HP is a really bad idea for a practical runthrough, but is it a decent choice for optimization? For starters, it doesn't carry a -3 penalty that really shafts one stat.

Also, PvP is highly focused on Player Phase-- you have to attack and leave the enemy incapable of striking back-- so it seems good that -HP doesn't detract from Skl or Spd. After all, you need to accurately hit the enemy and preferably double in order to make a significant impact during Player Phase.

(And similarly, since PvP is focused more on PP, I imagine losing a bit on the defensive side doesn't hurt as much.)

Edited by Minischew

What class should Elfie end up as and what skills should she get?

Either General or Great Knight. If you want a Kunai user for the Nohr route, Maid is viable, but she's better as a General or a Great Knight. As for skills, you might want to consider grabbing Luna, as it does add a lot of damage to Elfie's kit.

Edited by Dark Paladin X

Okay so before I was talking about how Charlotte!Dia was the best Berserker; I finally got off my ass and did some calcs.

Dia's Crit (35 Skl)---------15.5

Berserker's Crit (+20)----35.5

Ogre Strike-----------------55.5

Great Club------------------110.5

Damn, son.

For accuracy, get him Bind. I know Raven Strike seems more suited, but I'd rather have +20 all the time rather than +40 half the time, and a weapon with 65% accuracy (after Bind) coming off of 35 Skill (not factoring in the wonky caps that My Castle gives you) isn't too shabby anyhow.

Okay, I'm planning on trying to get every single Luck% skill for Midoriko (EXCEPT for Fortune, since it's probably the most useless Luck% skill) and I'm planning to use Logbook to buy all these skills for Midoriko (and not counting the DLC Witch’s Cauldron). I also want to grab Hoshido, Flamboyant, Draconic Shield, Line of Death (since Midoriko has Extravagence via her Herb Merchant class line) and Renewal (don't ask why I want Renewal on Midoriko, since I thought this along with Stubborness would give Midoriko a lot of free self-healing per turn) in some of my playthroughs as well. Midoriko will be one of the characters I'll be using in my all-Maid Revelations playthrough for My Castle battles (and yeah, she, along with Mitama, Velour, and Kinu, will be getting the Maid class via Female!Kanna!Rod Knight A+ support in the said playthrough). I also plan on making Azura Midoriko's mother and inherit the Luck +4 skill in that said playthrough as well. I was wondering if this kind of setup is possible with Logbooking and how many playthroughs I may need to achieve this.

In addition, I also want to set up Mozume as a Maid with these skills: Kunaifaire, Extravagence, Line of Death, Easy Life, and Prescient Victory or Aggressor. And yeah, I may need to get the Kunaifaire via Logbook in one of my playthroughs since I plan to make Mozume as a Maid via marriage through male Avatar!Rod Knight

Are there any classes that Oboro would really like?

She would like Peg for Swallow Strike. That and Cav are also pretty good for permanent classes since they have more move and Oboro keeps her lance rank.

Okay, I'm planning on trying to get every single Luck% skill for Midoriko (EXCEPT for Fortune, since it's probably the most useless Luck% skill) and I'm planning to use Logbook to buy all these skills for Midoriko (and not counting the DLC Witch’s Cauldron). I also want to grab Hoshido, Flamboyant, Draconic Shield, Line of Death (since Midoriko has Extravagence via her Herb Merchant class line) and Renewal (don't ask why I want Renewal on Midoriko, since I thought this along with Stubborness would give Midoriko a lot of free self-healing per turn) in some of my playthroughs as well. Midoriko will be one of the characters I'll be using in my all-Maid Revelations playthrough for My Castle battles (and yeah, she, along with Mitama, Velour, and Kinu, will be getting the Maid class via Female!Kanna!Rod Knight A+ support in the said playthrough). I also plan on making Azura Midoriko's mother and inherit the Luck +4 skill in that said playthrough as well. I was wondering if this kind of setup is possible with Logbooking and how many playthroughs I may need to achieve this.

In addition, I also want to set up Mozume as a Maid with these skills: Kunaifaire, Extravagence, Line of Death, Easy Life, and Prescient Victory or Aggressor. And yeah, I may need to get the Kunaifaire via Logbook in one of my playthroughs since I plan to make Mozume as a Maid via marriage through male Avatar!Rod Knight

Modoriko always has Ninja class tree for getting Kunaifaire.

Baki does pretty well as a Dark Flier. Fixes his speed and he keeps his lance rank going into it. While he will have only have a 30% growth in mag, with the spirit dusts he shouldn't really have a problem orkoing with tomes/spells. Kamui and Hinoka use it better though which is his problem.