Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

Baki does pretty well as a Dark Flier. Fixes his speed and he keeps his lance rank going into it. While he will have only have a 30% growth in mag, with the spirit dusts he shouldn't really have a problem orkoing with tomes/spells. Kamui and Hinoka use it better though which is his problem.

Plus, if on the shared route, isn't it a decent idea to give it to Odin?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Nohr Odin makes for a fairly good Dark Flier. But like Baki you have better options like Kamui, Felicia, and Leo. In IK no reason to give it to Odin though since he is just so bad and you have basically every other candidate for it joining before him.

Questions: If FE: if/Fates comes out in the U.S., or the ENG Patch Translation is finshed then, Which of these Best mothers are good for the Invisible Kingdom/Touma route for the Children, I want.?

-Kisaragi

-Siegbert(Any Shit Mom, will work for Siegbert, since I don't plan on to use him, and Benching him, since I don't care for Siegbert that much, and Only use Siegbert to Buddy Seal Shinonome, so Shinonome can get Cavalier from Siegbert in the Touma Route.)

-Soleli

-Velour(Please Do not Reccommend me Camilla for Velour, because I don't really care if she's good mother for Velour, or Not, and I personally don't give a flying Fuck about her, so please don't)

-Kinu

-Eponine

-Ophelia

-Still Deciding if I want Midoriko, Ignis, and Sophie or not, idk I'm still deciding.

Taken:

Jakob x Azura -Dia, and
-Shigure

-Ryouma x Oboro -Shinonome
Note: (Please Do not Reccommend me Camilla for Shinonome, because I don't really care if she's good mother for Shinonome, or Not, and I personally don't give a flying Fuck about her, so please don't, and Oboro will be paired for Ryouma.)

Benoit x Rinka -Ignis(Not sure, if I want him as a character, gotta see if his character is okay in the release)

Asama x Elfie -Mitama

Tsukuyomi x Nyx -Shara

Saizou x Belka -Grey(Will only use this pairing, and Grey for Saizou wanting Deadly Breath skill from Belka to stack his personal skill + Snake Venom + Deadly Breath + Vantage + Line of Death, and using Grey to Buddy Seal Dia, for the Ninja Class that Dia will really want)

I already Picked my pairings for the Kamuis, and it involves RAM Hacking/ROM Hackng for the Kannas in if/Fates.

Edited by Tide of Waves

If you're asking for the best pairings, why are you singling out certain ones? Or why bother asking who should be Siegbert's mom if you're not gonna use him?

From my experimentation, few children really care about who their parents are too much since growths are much more important than stat mods. Just pair who you think would work. Typically Physical/Physical and Magic/Magic, few exceptions being Saizou and Zero.

@Tide of Waves

Oboro is really good for Shinonome (of course you'd do it for the mods and not the class since he already has Lance Fighter); Setsuna helps fix Kisaragi's speed so she's a good mom for him; try Orochi for Ophelia, she's really amazing!

@Tide of Waves

Oboro is really good for Shinonome (of course you'd do it for the mods and not the class since he already has Lance Fighter); Setsuna helps fix Kisaragi's speed so she's a good mom for him; try Orochi for Ophelia, she's really amazing!

I'm not sure about Orochi!Ophelia, since she give -2 Speed Mod for Ophelia..

Is Kagerou x Ryouma, and Takumi x Oboro good for Shinonome, and Kisaragi actually.?

The speed penalty doesn't matter if you use Vantage/Vengeance on her, combined with Awakening, and skills like Flamboyant and Ogre Strike; she's going to crit everything below half health.

Kagerou is good for Shinonome as well (stronger but slower than Oboro!Shinonome).

I don't think Oboro x Takumi is bad but Kisaragi will still be a little slow.

Edited by Shinshia

I'm not sure about Orochi!Ophelia, since she give -2 Speed Mod for Ophelia..

Crit Build Orochi!Ophelia is pretty scary (and my waifu of choice so bias).

Orochi!Ophelia@Witch/Sorcerer (more damage vs. higher durability - however note that for every 1 point of damage you do you do 4 when you Crit)

-Defensive Formation (marriage to Ignis or Knight!Corrin, bypasses crap Speed)

-Vantage (Inherits Samurai from Odin)

-Ogre Strike (Her mom can naturally A+ Rinkah, making this the ideal inheritance)

-Awakening (From Great Lord, +30% Crit and also boosts Avoid significantly)

-Line of Death (boosts damage when you don't crit, gets you to 50% faster, and when you Crit it boosts damage output by 40)

Numbers

Sorc/Witch--10%

Personal--10%

Ogre Strike--20%

Awakening--30%

Personal-- ~15%

Odin's Black-Tome--20%

Grand Total: 105% to Crit

With a Forged Odin's Black-Tome (I use Odin's Black-Tome because it has higher Mt than Mjolnir, and it's infinite because it's one of the found weapons. I think it can be forged, but it would take some luck and work), she could have even more Crit and higher Damage. Even without it, let's take a look at the damage she would put out from a Crit:

(For this example we will be using her stats as a Witch)

Her Magic is 41. Unforged, Odin's Black-Tome has 9 Mt, boosting her Atk to 50. Now add LoD for 60 Atk. Now we Crit, multiplying 60 Atk by 4 for a total of 240 damage. May I remind you that the highest possible Res cap in the game is 42? And the highest HP is 70?

Edited by JothTheConqueror

The speed penalty doesn't matter if you use Vantage/Vengeance on her, combined with Awakening, and skills like Flamboyant and Ogre Strike; she's going to crit everything below half health.

Kagerou is good for Shinonome as well (stronger but slower than Oboro!Shinonome).

I don't think Oboro x Takumi is bad but Kisaragi will still be a little slow.

Ooh, maybe I should put My Castle Speed Statues on Kagerou/Oboro!Shinonome, and Oboro/Setsuna!Kisaragi on them so both of them can double easier.!

Ooh I'll think about it for Orochi!Ophelia if I need to put Speed Statues for her, if I want to.!

Edited by Tide of Waves

Crit Build Orochi!Ophelia is pretty scary (and my waifu of choice so bias).

Orochi!Ophelia@Witch/Sorcerer (more damage vs. higher durability - however note that for every 1 point of damage you do you do 4 when you Crit)

-Defensive Formation (marriage to Ignis or Knight!Corrin, bypasses crap Speed)

-Vantage (Inherits Samurai from Odin)

-Ogre Strike (Her mom can naturally A+ Rinkah, making this the ideal inheritance)

-Awakening (From Great Lord, +30% Crit and also boosts Avoid significantly)

-Line of Death (boosts damage when you don't crit, gets you to 50% faster, and when you Crit it boosts damage output by 40)

Numbers

Sorc/Witch--10%

Personal--10%

Ogre Strike--20%

Awakening--30%

Personal-- ~15%

Odin's Black-Tome--20%

Grand Total: 105% to Crit

With a Forged Odin's Black-Tome (I use Odin's Black-Tome because it has higher Mt than Mjolnir, and it's infinite because it's one of the found weapons. I think it can be forged, but it would take some luck and work), she could have even more Crit and higher Damage. Even without it, let's take a look at the damage she would put out from a Crit:

(For this example we will be using her stats as a Witch)

Her Magic is 41. Unforged, Odin's Black-Tome has 9 Mt, boosting her Atk to 60. Now add LoD for 70 Atk. Now we Crit, multiplying 70 Atk by 4 for a total of 280 damage. May I remind you that the highest possible Res cap in the game is 42? And the highest HP is 70?

Ehh, Defensive Formation is meh for Ophelia, despite that Speed Crap Mods from Orochi..

Ehh, Defensive Formation is meh for Ophelia, despite that Speed Crap Mods from Orochi..

I don't really like this build all that much - keep in mind that the 105% Crit here is before the enemy's Crit Evade - but Defensive Formation is probably required, since she needs to get dropped to half (for Awakening and Vantage) but will have bad Spd and defenses (plus LoD for an extra 10 damage taken), so she'd be pretty easy to double - plus Odin's Black-tome stops the user from doubling anyway. She also seems to rely on Vantage for survival, but needs Ogre Strike for Crit - keep in mind that Ogre Strike only works if you're the aggressor. If she misses a crit on EP, she probably is immediately dead.

Odin's Black-tome also has poor hit (65) and a hefty Crit Evade penalty (-20), so you're likely to die if either your own hit/crit RNG or the enemy crit RNG goes against you.

It's an interesting build with high potential damage, but it's very RNG-dependant.

EDIT: I think Joth also either flubbed his math or left something out of his description, because 41 magic + 9 Mt = 50 Atk, not 60.

Edited by Skarthe

I don't really like this build all that much - keep in mind that the 105% Crit here is before the enemy's Crit Evade - but Defensive Formation is probably required, since she needs to get dropped to half (for Awakening and Vantage) but will have bad Spd and defenses (plus LoD for an extra 10 damage taken), so she'd be pretty easy to double - plus Odin's Black-tome stops the user from doubling anyway. She also seems to rely on Vantage for survival, but needs Ogre Strike for Crit - keep in mind that Ogre Strike only works if you're the aggressor. If she misses a crit on EP, she probably is immediately dead.

Odin's Black-tome also has poor hit (65) and a hefty Crit Evade penalty (-20), so you're likely to die if either your own hit/crit RNG or the enemy crit RNG goes against you.

It's an interesting build with high potential damage, but it's very RNG-dependant.

EDIT: I think Joth also either flubbed his math or left something out of his description, because 41 magic + 9 Mt = 50 Atk, not 60.

Da, I just noticed that. I factored LoD in twice.

@Tide of Waves

Oboro is really good for Shinonome (of course you'd do it for the mods and not the class since he already has Lance Fighter)

She'd pass him Herb Merchant (included: Extravagance and Copycat). And can also throw him Ogre Strike. I did an analysis and feel that despite my own bias towards Rinka x Ryouma as a pair Oboro gives Shino the best skill options.

Edited by Thor Odinson

She'd pass him Herb Merchant (included: Extravagance and Copycat). And can also throw him Ogre Strike. I did an analysis and feel that despite my own bias towards Rinka x Ryouma as a pair Oboro gives Shino the best skill options.

That's looks pretty nice for an Oboro!Shinonome optimization set.! o:

I also like Oboro's mods over Kagerou's for the purposes for Shino. Shino with Kagerou's mods is like his dad without 1-2 range and fairly similar skill options, since Ryouma's +4 on Raijintou even when he's not using it pretty much gives him an honorary +5 str mod anyway and Kagerou dials his speed back down to 1. Oboro has less in the way of str mod, but Extravagance is another +10, even if it's situational, so it potentially outdamages Kagerou!Shino.

As much as strength is my favorite stat, I think I'd have to give speed being Shino's best stat to get, because he's one of the few kids with a positive speed mod attached to them to start with, so doing ruin that, and he has so much damage increasing options native to him even without accounting for whatever his mom brings him. A few points off strength isn't too big of a deal when he's got 2 faires, line of death, breaking sky, astra, all built into him, and luna is just one A+ away (or hell, Ryouma can pass that to him through Marx and let him go get something else). Kid has a lot of options just by existing.

That's looks pretty nice for an Oboro!Shinonome optimization set.! o:

Also, Shino gets access to Line of Death (can get the Weaponmaster class from his dad to grab that skill) and Extravagence (from her mother), which is an OP skill combination since Extravagence will negate the Line of Death taking extra damage penalty, and you end up getting +20 free damage for Shino!

Also, Shino gets access to Line of Death (can get the Weaponmaster class from his dad to grab that skill) and Extravagence (from her mother), which is an OP skill combination since Extravagence will negate the Line of Death taking extra damage penalty, and you end up getting +20 free damage for Shino!

So it's like Lancefaire(+5 Damage) + Line of Death(+10 Damage) + +3 Str Mods from Oboro + Aggressor(+7 Damage) + Extravagance(+10 Damage from coins) = 35 Damage as Holy Lancer|Sentinel Oboro!Shinonome, so Oboro!Shinonome can beat his Dad, or something.?

Edited by Tide of Waves

I also like Oboro's mods over Kagerou's for the purposes for Shino. Shino with Kagerou's mods is like his dad without 1-2 range and fairly similar skill options, since Ryouma's +4 on Raijintou even when he's not using it pretty much gives him an honorary +5 str mod anyway and Kagerou dials his speed back down to 1. Oboro has less in the way of str mod, but Extravagance is another +10, even if it's situational, so it potentially outdamages Kagerou!Shino.

As much as strength is my favorite stat, I think I'd have to give speed being Shino's best stat to get, because he's one of the few kids with a positive speed mod attached to them to start with, so doing ruin that, and he has so much damage increasing options native to him even without accounting for whatever his mom brings him. A few points off strength isn't too big of a deal when he's got 2 faires, line of death, breaking sky, astra, all built into him, and luna is just one A+ away (or hell, Ryouma can pass that to him through Marx and let him go get something else). Kid has a lot of options just by existing.

Seems pretty good will use Oboro!Shinonome for Invisible Kingdom/Touma Path.!

So it's like Lancefaire(+5 Damage) + Line of Death(+10 Damage) + +3 Str Mods from Oboro + Aggressor(+7 Damage) + Extravagance(+10 Damage from coins) = 35 Damage as Holy Lancer|Sentinel Oboro!Shinonome, so Oboro!Shinonome can beat his Dad, or something.?

Yeah, pretty much. Keep in mind that getting Line of Death and Extravagence skill combination is pretty difficult. Most of the time, you can only do this through Marriage/Buddy Sealing, and three characters get the Herb Merchant class either as a secondary class (Oboro, Asama, and Orochi), marriage/inheritance as a tertiary (marrying Orochi to Nishiki) or as a starting class (Midoriko). The only characters that naturally can get these kind of skills are Mozume (she has access to Weaponmaster and Great Merchant classes via her Villager starting class), Izana (has the Samurai and Herb Merchant as secondaries), and Yukimura (starts out as Puppeteer, but can reclass into Great Merchant and has Samurai as one of his secondaries.

Anyways, in regards to reclassing Midoriko, I find reclassing her as either a Falcon Knight or a Basara to be very optimal since those two classes have the highest luck caps. In terms of stats, which class do you think is better for Midoriko and the pros and cons on each of them? Also, tell me if this is a good skill setup for Midoriko if I want to take advantage of her personal skill and make her a combative unit:

Hoshido (skill)

Flamboyant

Renewal

Miracle

Stubborness

Edited by Dark Paladin X

Yeah, pretty much. Keep in mind that getting Line of Death and Extravagence skill combination is pretty difficult. Most of the time, you can only do this through Marriage/Buddy Sealing, and three characters get the Herb Merchant class either as a secondary class (Oboro, Asama, and Orochi), marriage/inheritance as a tertiary (marrying Orochi to Nishiki) or as a starting class (Midoriko). The only characters that naturally can get these kind of skills are Mozume (she has access to Weaponmaster and Great Merchant classes via her Villager starting class), Izana (has the Samurai and Herb Merchant as secondaries), and Yukimura (starts out as Puppeteer, but can reclass into Great Merchant and has Samurai as one of his secondaries.

Anyways, in regards to reclassing Midoriko, I find reclassing her as either a Falcon Knight or a Basara to be very optimal since those two classes have the highest luck caps. In terms of stats, which class do you think is better for Midoriko and the pros and cons on each of them? Also, tell me if this is a good skill setup for Midoriko if I want to take advantage of her personal skill and make her a combative unit:

Hoshido (skill)

Flamboyant

Renewal

Miracle

Stubborness

Lucky Charm works like Lck%+20, not Lck%*1.2.

The difference between "55% Vs 50%" is smaller than "35% Vs 30%", so I don't think Midoriko wants nothing but Lck.

O Oops Edited by Tide of Waves

I do want to mention that Midoriko can actually access the Extravagance/Line of Death combo in a semi-natural manner, in that she doesn't need anyone but her dad to help her get it, considering Suzukaze has access to Samurai and can just toss LoD up to his daughter given a post-game optimization envirionment. Since Midoriko is an Herb Merchant naturally, getting LoD from her dad is all she needs to run that set.

She doesn't have to since she has a bunch of options, but it's also a fairly easily obtained option for her, only requiring some work on the end of dad.

Still have these leftovers for the children that needs a good mom, and do these work for Invisible Kingdom/Touma pairing if for PvP.?

-Kisaragi(Still not sure which mom does Kisaragi want)

I was thinking of Camilla!Soleli(I guess it alright for Soleli rlly), or Pieri!Soleli(Pieri!Hisame is optional, but I really don't care for Hisame already, so please don't even) but idk

-Velour(Please Do not Reccommend me Camilla for Velour, because I don't really care if she's good mother for Velour, or Not, and I personally don't give a flying Fuck about her, so please don't)

-Setsuna!Kinu(My Azura is taken by Jakob already)/Mother!Kinu(Seperate File) idk rlly

-Setsuna!Eponine

-Mozume!Midoriko

-Rinka!Ignis(my Belka is taken by Saizou, so ye, and I'm not sure if I want Ignis yet, since I gotta see if his Character, Supports, and Personality is good already)

So what do you think.?

Edited by Tide of Waves