Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

Probably the +5 speed mod and Aqua's high growths making it easy for Shino to level

Shino already has a lot of powerful skills at his disposal without a mom---there are a few that has skills he might be interested in as a nice extra, but he's very self-sufficient as is.

It does make Shino pretty glass, though, so not really even his best.

Ah, I see. That makes sense, thanks!

If Azura!Shinonome's glaring problem is his defense, then would giving him a Dracoshield patch that up? Or would that be a waste of resources?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, I see. That makes sense, thanks!

If Azura!Shinonome's glaring problem is his defense, then would giving him a Dracoshield patch that up? Or would that be a waste of resources?

In an optimization sense, it's the -4 def mod. It's not a fatal flaw since postgame optimization focuses on hyperoffense, though in a practicality sense it does dock a lot of shino's natural hp and def from him. He's one of the tankiest kids, so it kinda reverses his niche if you're just looking for ingame.

People usually looking to optimize for Shino often tend to go with Oboro or Camilla.

Edited by Thor Odinson

In an optimization sense, it's the -4 def mod. It's not a fatal flaw since postgame optimization focuses on hyperoffense, though in a practicality sense it does dock a lot of shino's natural hp and def from him. He's one of the tankiest kids, so it kinda reverses his niche if you're just looking for ingame.

People usually looking to optimize for Shino often tend to go with Oboro or Camilla.

Ah, I see. That definitely hurts, haha. Thank you!

Thanks for the reply! I see I did make a lot of mistakes. I'm curious what some better pairings would be? The only ones that are set in stone are the MU pairings, so I'm open to switching them around.

I see Galeforce isn't as broken as it was in Awakening. I thought it could be pretty vicious when combined with warp and copycat, but maybe -faires are better.

Kana, Dark Blood (Dark Blood is a bad class to utilize Kana if you're going for optimal.

How does class inheritance work for 3rd gen Kana? I know she'll get Nohr Princess & Corrin's second class, But Velour will have Wolfskin, Fighter and Knight. Does she just pass down Wolfskin? Because Berserker!Kana looks vicious. And if she just gets Wolfskin, what's a good A+/Corrin's second class for her getting a good physical class? I want her to have Breaking Sky, so I can have Corrin pass down Spellcaster like I said before, but that looks less appealing since tomefaire won't do anything outside of Nohr Noble. But I could also give him Spear Fighter, since Holy Lancer has a better Str cap than Nohr Noble (Though not as good as some others) & Lancefaire could replace GF.

And if Kana is going to be pure physical, would +Str/-Lck be better than +HP/-Lck?

Edit: How about +Str/-Res Or +Str/-Def? (Sorry, maybe I should just ask "What's the best asset/flaw for this Kana?") And also, is Breaking Sky or Dragon Fang the better proc?

marry Shinonome (No, marry Hisame for Line of Death)

Who's a good mother for him?

for their unique weapons. (Sorry, I dont understand what you meant by that)

The Raijinto, Siegfried, Byrnhildr, and the wind god's bow. Do the weapons make up for the fact that they're first gen?

(You'll want a forged brave sword over Yato, but always keep it on you)

I always forget that foraging is a thing. I can see it being much more useful in Fates than previous games, since weapons no longer break.

Xander/Corrin (+luck/-Def, with Dark Mage) (Bad class to utilize in pair up and you'll have wonky growths as a mage with that asset/flaw. Xander doesnt want a magic wife)

I was going to go with vengeance/lifetaker, but since Corrin can get classes from A rank, I take it that the second class should be something for their spouse? What does Xander want?

Also, I was looking at modifiers while coming up with the flaw/asset instead of growth rates. I checked those out and... I didn't realize she was that squishy. Is +str/-HP better?

Edited by Leopard Gal

How is Swordbreaker for a PvP skill? It would crap all over Swordmasters and other annoying Sword classes and also keeps Yato at bay.

It is pretty good, though I've seen some instances of them running Raven Strike so they are still pretty deadly, but way easier to bop on your turn though.

Would Hinata be better off with Serena or Peri?

Peri. Lets him grab Open Assault real quick to patch up the low mt of the quickdraw katana. Selena also works sorta well if Hinata goes Master of Arms since Selena gives a lot of spd.

Peri. Lets him grab Open Assault real quick to patch up the low mt of the quickdraw katana. Selena also works sorta well if Hinata goes Master of Arms since Selena gives a lot of spd.

I think i read that you said Peri was the best. But I planned on making Hinata a Weaponmaster and I hear he uses the Quickdraw the best in that class, so that helps. I'll probably try both and see which one I like more before I make my main file. Thanks though.

Though just curious do any of em hurt/help Hisame at all? I was debating on getting him.

Welp, Peri it is then. At least I'll have a good use for her, thanks. I guess i'll put Selena with Tsubaki since I didn't plan on getting Caeldori or getting an extremely good one.

It's also worth noting that Hisame's personal works great with Peri since her high res and low skill compliment the +SKL/RES it gives him. Minor, but worth bringing up. Not many people want Peri anyway and since Hinata is good with anyone, it's a great pair to slap together.

How does Lodestar!Hinata fare if you ever did it.

It's also worth noting that Hisame's personal works great with Peri since her high res and low skill compliment the +SKL/RES it gives him. Minor, but worth bringing up. Not many people want Peri anyway and since Hinata is good with anyone, it's a great pair to slap together.

How does Lodestar!Hinata fare if you ever did it.

Yeah, not much people use her, but why? She doesn't seems bad by growths for me, really. Maybe she's outclassed by Xander-san and Silas-san?

Yeah, not much people use her, but why? She doesn't seems bad by growths for me, really. Maybe she's outclassed by Xander-san and Silas-san?

She joins late with meh bases, her only saving grace being nice growths and weapon ranks + horse. Her personal is useless without galeforce or Azura refreshing her, generally. She gets outclassed by Xander real soon, and Silas has been more useful and/or of a higher level. She also has a worthless reclass option that many husbands/kids won't like (dark mage). She isn't bad, but completely ignorable outside of pair up/marriage

Is Dark Mage really that worthless? It does carry the Dark Knight class in promotion, which means any Sword user could hop into it for a level if desired, grab Heartseeker (Bind) and give enemies at close range -20 avoid when they're fighting them.

Both her and Laslow join sorta late in Nohr and don't really stand out. Silas has already been around forever and Xander join in just a bit so she finds herself as the awkward middle cav. She does have more going for her than Laslow though who is really just there.

Is Dark Mage really that worthless? It does carry the Dark Knight class in promotion, which means any Sword user could hop into it for a level if desired, grab Heartseeker (Bind) and give enemies at close range -20 avoid when they're fighting them.

Then we are essentially paying 4K for 1 skill since she would need to reclass back to Paladin anyways. She has Weapon Triangle control anyways so it isn't really needed for her. Not really sure why we are talking about Dark Mage though since most of the units in Nohr are physical. Most of them would benefit from the cavalier line.

She joins late with meh bases, her only saving grace being nice growths and weapon ranks + horse. Her personal is useless without galeforce or Azura refreshing her, generally. She gets outclassed by Xander real soon, and Silas has been more useful and/or of a higher level. She also has a worthless reclass option that many husbands/kids won't like (dark mage). She isn't bad, but completely ignorable outside of pair up/marriage

Yeah, wondered how her pesonal works, now this makes sense.

Both her and Laslow join sorta late in Nohr and don't really stand out. Silas has already been around forever and Xander join in just a bit so she finds herself as the awkward middle cav. She does have more going for her than Laslow though who is really just there.

Then we are essentially paying 4K for 1 skill since she would need to reclass back to Paladin anyways. She has Weapon Triangle control anyways so it isn't really needed for her. Not really sure why we are talking about Dark Mage though since most of the units in Nohr are physical. Most of them would benefit from the cavalier line.

I see~

Not really sure why we are talking about Dark Mage though since most of the units in Nohr are physical. Most of them would benefit from the cavalier line.

In the cases of Arthur, Jakob, Xander, and Silas, she gives them and their kids dark mage or nothing, so that already lowers her pairing options. But then again, she's kinda stuck with Laslow anyway.

I'm trying to pair off Kaden with someone who greatly benefits Kinu/Selkie; I want her to be one of my best units long-term. I'm playing Birthright first, so Oboro!Selkie, Hinoka!Selkie and Hana!Selkie all stand out to me as pretty good, though Hana's -4 modifier in Defense scares me a bit. Could anyone speak to Selkie's strengths and sell me on a mother? Doesn't have to be limited to the women I listed.

Edited by Sulwen

In PvP your units will get slaughtered in one turn if they get hit anyways, so don't fear a low Defense modifier. Capping it will be a pain, though.

Without defensive formation pair up, there's no point in playing defense at all.

Alright, thanks! Quick follow-up: should I consider a FeMU!Selkie, would a +Spd/-Lck or even a +Spd/-Mag Asset/Flaw combo be advisable? Or are there better alternatives?

Alright, thanks! Quick follow-up: should I consider a FeMU!Selkie, would a +Spd/-Lck or even a +Spd/-Mag Asset/Flaw combo be advisable? Or are there better alternatives?

I want a good Selkie too (like I said in the previous page)

I'm thinking in Hinoka!Selkie for my Hosido run (and marry her with M!Kana to get Wyvern Rider) and in my main save (Revelations) I'm thinking in Oboro!Selkie marry her with Asugi and get all Post-Fight damage skills!! (Ninja-Snake Venom, Malign Knight-Deadly Breath and Nine-tails-Four Fangs) + her personal skill (Play-time reduce adjacent enemy HP by 5)

and for the other 2 I don't kow if Breaking Sky and buy Miracle are good options because she and her default class (and almost all of her classes) have low Def

I want a good Selkie too (like I said in the previous page)

I'm thinking in Hinoka!Selkie for my Hosido run (and marry her with M!Kana to get Wyvern Rider) and in my main save (Revelations) I'm thinking in Oboro!Selkie marry her with Asugi and get all Post-Fight damage skills!! (Ninja-Snake Venom, Malign Knight-Deadly Breath and Nine-tails-Four Fangs) + her personal skill (Play-time reduce adjacent enemy HP by 5)

and for the other 2 I don't kow if Breaking Sky and buy Miracle are good options because she and her default class (and almost all of her classes) have low Def

Kinu always, always always always wants speed. Speed. Speed. Speed. I mean, she wants some Str, Def, Skl, and Res too (doesn't everyone?) but she can't have all that. She mainly wants Speed and Str, but she wants Speed more. +Spd/-Lck. With this asset/flaw combo, all of her stats will be higher than Kaden. Poor foxboy. Even Hinoka!Kinu would want speed. If you want to be unique, choose +RES. But Kinu will always want speed over anything else. Oboro is a real good mom though, but Kinu still wants speed.

For class, the beasts prefer to stay in their beast class so choose w/e you want. I'm choosing Berserker since while it won't really help Nishiki, it might help him get more strength and Kana could pass it onto Mitama.

I think one of the best classes though would be Myrmidon, because the foxes don't mind Astra, Strength Seal helps, and if you're feeling risky then you could put on Line of Death. Nishiki can already get this class from A+, but if you give it to him he'd be able to A+ Azama and get skills like Renewal (stacks with Even Nap) and Magic Counter (Already has high RES. Maybe take it a step further?)

You could also choose Knight. This sounds weird, but the foxes really benefit from the skills. Diamond Strike is a blessing, Luna is a good proc (but they already have Breaking Sky, so), Pavise may help with their low defense, but neither care for Defensive Formation. Overall, the class for the beasts doesn't really matter because they prefer to stay in their beast class and you can just buy the skills you want on them.

Personally, I'd have to say that Hana makes a real good Kinu. She gives her STR, SKL, SPD, and RES. Only flaw is her defense stat, but because she'd be so speedy she'd dodge everything. You could put Vantage on low defense Kinus, just to be safe. No Kinu is as good as Femu!Kinu though.

Ninja's cool on Kinu because it has lots of speed and she gets Deadly Venom. And yes, you should consider a FeMu!Selkie, because imo it's the best Selkie possible. Miracle may not be that useful because stats are lower in this game compared to Awakening. You could still get it, though.

*rambles on all day about Kinu*

*includes details no one asked about*

TL;DR:FeMu!Kinu is good, choose +SPD/-LCK. Spouse can be anyone that has any benefits (ex. Forrest/Foleo would be bad because he's magic. Hisame would be nice because Kinu could rock Swordmaster. Asugi would be nice because speedy class and Death Venom. Deere would not be nice because he's magic. etc etc)

Hinoka!Kinu would probably want a speedy Male Kana. Oboro!Kinu is fine since she gets the Ninja tree from Gurei. Would want some more speed, but eh. Miracle is meh because stats are lower in this game, but I'd still try it. Breaking Sky is real good and Kinu has innate access to it. I'd get it.

Edited by Pokechu

TL;DR:FeMu!Kinu is good, choose +SPD/-LCK. Spouse can be anyone that has any benefits (ex. Forrest/Foleo would be bad because he's magic. Hisame would be nice because Kinu could rock Swordmaster. Asugi would be nice because speedy class and Death Venom. Deere would not be nice because he's magic. etc etc)

Hinoka!Kinu would probably want a speedy Male Kana. Oboro!Kinu is fine since she gets the Ninja tree from Gurei. Would want some more speed, but eh. Miracle is meh because stats are lower in this game, but I'd still try it. Breaking Sky is real good and Kinu has innate access to it. I'd get it.

Your entire post was everything I was looking for. Thank you so much!! I'm definitely sold on FeMu!Kinu now. :D