Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep looking for a good pairing with Ryoma but I always end up with Rinkah!Shiro as she's so good a mother for him while not so for others. Mozu, Oboro, Hana, Setsuna, and Kagero are better used elsewhere and Hinoka cannot marry Ryoma.

Azura and Camilla also make good a good Shiro and in Azura's case, a Shigure as well.

Edited by ShadowStar77

Shiro has like, 5 billion procs and LoD and 2 faires by virtue of existing, he doesn't really miss the <=4 str(4 diff if you use Kag, less anywhere else) all that much. Rinkah's fine and gives Ryoma (note that Ryoma with Raijinto in his inventory has roughly equivalent mods to Kagero!Shiro anyway) things he want--have you tried giving Ryoma a Berserker for a guard stance partner? It's pretty incredible.

Unless you really want alt pairings because you did Rinkah too many times or sth then I agree on Camilla. Azura's +5 spd Shiro so that's good for him (-4 def though) but I always want to optimize for Ryoma too and Azura doesn't really give Ryoma anything he wants, either. If not optimizing Ryoma is fine, then that might be useful to consider.

Edited by Thor Odinson

So I did my revelations pairings and want some advice in how to change them to make them better, I focus mostly around 12-14 kids to have the best mother possible since it appears that there are some of them that have a "best mother" in common.

Avatar x Effie!Velouria (+ STR - LCK )

Azura x Kaze

Selena x Jakob

Silas x Mozu

Rinkah x Ryoma (could do Kagero instead, but is mostly for Ryoma than for Shiro)

Takumi x Hana ( Mostly to patch Takumi's speed, mostly for Takumi than for his son)

Saizo x Sakura ( I am thinking a mixed Asugi Ninja set with Soldier Knife + Leo Iceblade/ Flame Shuriken)

Kaden x Oboro ( I used Oboro instead of Hinoka because of the -SKL mod was more noticeable)

Hinata x Kagero ( I dont care about Hisame but I dont know where to put Kagero)

Azama x Setsuna ( I dont particularly care about Mitama, so if someone makes a better use of Setsuna I can change her)

Subaki x Hinoka ( It was her or Oboro, but Selkie needed Oboro more IMO )

Orochi x Hayato

Xander x Charlotte

Leo x Nyx

Benny x Beruka

Keaton x Effie ( Prefer her instead of Camilla since more STR and Scavenge can procc somewhat more consistently)

Arthur x Peri

Odin x Elise

Laslow x Camilla ( Camilla has overall better mods than Peri and also both of her personal skills synchronize pretty well)

Niles x Felicia

So I want to focus mostly on:

Velouria

Kana

Shiro(that helps him and his father),

Kiragi( mostly the best pair up for Takumi, unlike Shiro I dont care about Kiragi)

Asugi(mixed ninja)

Selkie

Caeldori

Siegbert

Ophelia

Soleil

Nina

Midori

Rhajat

Forrest

Also need help where to put Azura and Kagero, I think Azura is fine where it is but not that sure and Kagero seems wasted on Hisame

So I did my revelations pairings and want some advice in how to change them to make them better, I focus mostly around 12-14 kids to have the best mother possible since it appears that there are some of them that have a "best mother" in common.

Avatar x Effie!Velouria (+ STR - LCK )

Azura x Kaze

Selena x Jakob

Silas x Mozu

Rinkah x Ryoma (could do Kagero instead, but is mostly for Ryoma than for Shiro)

Takumi x Hana ( Mostly to patch Takumi's speed, mostly for Takumi than for his son)

Saizo x Sakura ( I am thinking a mixed Asugi Ninja set with Soldier Knife + Leo Iceblade/ Flame Shuriken)

Kaden x Oboro ( I used Oboro instead of Hinoka because of the -SKL mod was more noticeable)

Hinata x Kagero ( I dont care about Hisame but I dont know where to put Kagero)

Azama x Setsuna ( I dont particularly care about Mitama, so if someone makes a better use of Setsuna I can change her)

Subaki x Hinoka ( It was her or Oboro, but Selkie needed Oboro more IMO )

Orochi x Hayato

Xander x Charlotte

Leo x Nyx

Benny x Beruka

Keaton x Effie ( Prefer her instead of Camilla since more STR and Scavenge can procc somewhat more consistently)

Arthur x Peri

Odin x Elise

Laslow x Camilla ( Camilla has overall better mods than Peri and also both of her personal skills synchronize pretty well)

Niles x Felicia

So I want to focus mostly on:

Velouria

Kana

Shiro(that helps him and his father),

Kiragi( mostly the best pair up for Takumi, unlike Shiro I dont care about Kiragi)

Asugi(mixed ninja)

Selkie

Caeldori

Siegbert

Ophelia

Soleil

Nina

Midori

Rhajat

Forrest

Also need help where to put Azura and Kagero, I think Azura is fine where it is but not that sure and Kagero seems wasted on Hisame

- Azura is fine for Kaze. Her Growths are better for kids you want to be Ranged Physical Classes (Master Ninja, Mechanist, Sniper e.c.t.)

- Kagero has the absolute best Strength Growth in the game, so she can make any kid with a decent (30 or higher) base Strength Growth work. I've found that she helps Takumi (Pair Up Stats are good and Kiragi loves her Str and Spd), Kaden (Selkie likes actually being strong) and Ryoma (Ryoma becomes ludicrously broken and Shiro can always use more Speed.)

- Here's what I would do; Move Kagero to Kaden, Oboro to Baki and Hinoka to Hinata.

Umm, I'm sorry for my questions if they are silly, but even though Kagero's spd growth is so great, her Spd cap is negative, does it matter much?

And and, my Avatar is +Spd -Lck. The boon/bane gives +2 in Skl and +4 in Spd, without the Def negativity, while Azura's mod is one point lesser in both. When I asked for Kana's father, everyone said Kaze is the worst choice and Takumi or Silas or Ryoma would be best, and that Kaze's spd would be overkill on Kana. May I ask for a guidance on why, if Azura works that wonderfully?

I know that Midori hates -Lck, but still, Kana's statue helped a bit, and the Luck+4 Skill still can be bought, not totally inaccessible like how Awakening works. She doesn't need Azura's Pegasi either, and even if she does, she can always get it from Shigure.

Besides, Master Ninja is a good class for Kana with those mods, I.. think. Or Swordmaster.

(I didn't pick Ryoma in the end, and my Kana ended up not having both Swordmaster nor Master Ninja because his father is Takumi. I didn't realize Kana can't buddy seal with Asugi or Hisame >_< Fortunately, Lodestar is okay with those Spd and Skl he inherited, but I still think he can do better as Master Ninja or Swordmaster. Kiragi turned out pretty nice with the boost in Spd and Skl though.

My Talent was Dark Mage just for fun in Birthright, I never intended to use it for Kana nor Avatar, and the second child always inherit Nohr Prince/ss so I didn't really put much thought on it.)

I'm sorry for rambling, but I just want some shed of light in the difference between Azura and a +Spd/-Lck avatar for Kaze that I don't fully understand, one being the best and another the worst, despite the similarity in mods.

Another classic, "help me with my pairings" question for my endgame Revelations file. For the purposes of categorization, I am going for both optimal builds as well as "good support convesation" builds, as I am unlikely to pair two characters together if they have a poor support conversation.

Class: Dark Knight

[spoiler=Main Pairs]

Marcus (Avatar), Dark Knight // All Ophelia // Dragon Fang, Speed Drain, Tomefaire, Nohrian Trust, Bold Stance

Ophelia, Sorceress // ??? Marcus // Aether, Astra, Sol, Tomefaire, Replicate

AN: I am aware that Bold Stance is not yet implemented for player usage, but two of my main builds revolve around usage of this skill. For the sake of builds, I will say that Bold Stance is allowed and present. // The idea for this build is a classic "proc" build, and Replicate!Ophelia can act separately from the main duo and also take advantage of her various skills.

Odin, Swordmaster // ??? Selena // Aether, Astra, Sol, Swordfaire, Bold Stance

Selena, Hero // Setsuna Odin // Swordfaire, Aggressor, Quick Draw, Life or Death, Awakening

AN: I am aware this is not the most optimal pairing for a Sorceress Ophelia, but I am doing this more for personal reasons. This is a locked support. // The main idea is to stack as much damage on Selena as possible, for if Odin crits, Selena should crit as well due to her personal skill. While I could try to build Odin to be more of a crit build, I enjoy my skill procs.

Laslow, Hero // ???, Azura // Aether, Sol, Aggressor, Strengthtaker, Galeforce

Azura, Songstress // ???, Laslow // Inspiring Song, Demoiselle, Inspiration, Amaterasu, Warp

AN: I considered pairing Laslow with Mozu because of their good support chain, but I feel like Azura also has Laslow for "good support conversations". // This also works out well as I want Laslow to use Galeforce and try to mimic his counterpart in Awakening instead of being stuck in Dual Guard all the time. Also, Soleil has blue hair.

Kana, Nohr Noble // ???, Shiro // Dragon Fang, Sol, Draconic Hex, Hoshido, Nohr

Shiro, Swordmaster // Asugi, Kana // Lethality, Astra, Luna, Pavise, Aegis

AN: Another proc build. I would use Shiro as a Spear Master because that is his canon class, but using him as a Swordmaster pairup bot seems like a better choice for a Kana that runs around and kills everything.

Saizo, Master Ninja // ???, Kagero // Ninja, Samurai

Kagero, Master Ninja // ???, Saizo // Lethality, Astra, Kunaifaire, Vantage, Awakening

AN: An incomplete build, but mostly relies on Kagero being in the lead and going crazy with a Vantage + Awakening combo wielding her Shurikens. I enjoy the Saizo and Kagero support, so chances are these characters are locked down. // As a side note, I don't care much for Asugi.

Hayato, Onmyoji // ???, Orochi // Diviner, Oni Savage

Orochi, Onmyoji // ???, Hayato // Diviner, Apothecary

AN: It seems like these characters are practically stuck to each other. For me, it doesn't really matter as I consider both Hayato and Orochi, alongside Rhajat, as "forever benched" units.

Azama, Great Master // ???, Setsuna // Monk, Apothecary

Setsuna, Sniper // Hana, Azama // Astra, Bowfaire, Proximity Shot, Vantage, Awakening

AN: Another case of characters that are benched and that I really do not care for. Setsusa's skill set was originally planned to be an avatar build, but then it got transferred to Mozu if I decide to make her a Sniper in my main file.

[spoiler=Undecided Pairs]

AN: Note that skills here are subject to change, but the main factor for optimization here are marriage pairings. Remember, both "optimal" and "good support conversations" are being used as factors for pairing up units.

Elise, Strategist // ???, Kaze // Rally Defense, Rally Resistance, Demoiselle, Inspiration, Live to Serve

Kaze, Master Ninja // ???, Elise // Lethality, Astra, Poison Strike, Shurikenfaire, ???

AN: I really have no idea who to pair Elise with because Odin is with Selena. I settled down on Kaze because of their supports together.

Camilla, Malig Knight // ???, Silas // Ignis, Aggressor, Savage Blow, Trample, Warp

Silas, Paladin // ???, Camilla // Luna, Sol, Aggressor, Armored Blow, Galeforce

AN: This pairing is subject to change, as Silas and Hinoka seem to have good chemistry and it may be good for Sophie.

Leo, Dark Knight // Odin, Nyx // Astra, Ignis, Aggressor, Heartseeker, Malefic Aura

Nyx, Sorcerer // ???, Leo // Heartseeker, Malefic Aura, Vengeance, Warp, Toxic Brew
AN: This paring seems rather boring, but it seems to make the most sense for efficiency. Although, I hear talk about Leo x Sakura, and it may be nice to have some cross pairings (as my current setup does not have any crossovers).

Xander, Paladin // Ryoma, Mozu // Aether, Astra, Luna, Swordfaire, Strengthtaker

Mozu, Merchant // ???, Xander // Profiteer, Spendthrift, Quickdraw, Certain Blow, Bowfaire

---, Sniper // ---, --- // Astra, Bowfaire, Proximity Shot, Vantage, Awakening

AN: I know this is not the infamous Charlotte and Xander pairing, but I must admit, those stat boosts (Berserker + Charlotte Mods) that make Xander even a more powerful unit is slowly drawing me to the dark side. That, and I would like Mozu to be her own unit on the battlefield instead of a pairup bot, so I may end up swapping Mozu with Charlotee and give Mozu Benny instead.

Benny, General // ???, Charlotte// Knight Fighter

Charlotte, Berserker // Rinkah, Benny// Aggressor, Axefaire, Death Blow, Gamble, Awakening

AN: Thrown here due to the above note. Charlotte may be swapped out for Mozu.

Sakura, Priestess // Elise, Subaki // Miracle, Counter Magic, Demoiselle, Inspiration, Live to Serve

Subaki, Falcon Knight // ???, Sakura // Sky Knight, Samurai

AN: Mostly just thrown together to get a red(ish) hair Caeldori. These characters could probably change.

Hinoka, Falcon Knight // Camilla, Kaden// Rend Heaven, Savage Blow, Trample, Seal Speed, Lancefaire

Kaden, Nine-Tails // ???, Hinoka // Kisune, Diviner

AN: Thrown together for their support conversations, but these characters can be moved around. I thought about Hinoka and Silas being paired up instead.

Takumi, Sniper // Ryoma, Oboro// Aggressor, Bowfaire, Quick Draw, Life or Death, Galeforce

Oboro, Spear Master // ???, Takumi // Aether, Lancefaire, Defense Seal, Speed Seal, Awakening

AN: You know the reasons here folks, but I am considering pairing Takumi up with Hana instead. Oboro's skill set was originally created for an avatar build.

Ryoma, Swordmaster // Xander, Hana // Aether, Astra, Luna, Swordfaire, Strengthtaker

Hana, Trueblade // ???,Ryoma // Astra, Duelist’s Blow, Swordfaire, Vantage, Awakening

AN: Mostly just thrown together due to leftovers and a decent support. However, I would like Hana to be her own unit instead of a pairup bot, but I suppose I could use the two in Attack Stance as separate units instead.

Arthur, Hero // ???, Beruka // Aether, Sol, Heavy Blade, Veteran Intuition, Strengthtaker

Beruka, Wyvern Lord // ???, Arthur // Wyvern Rider, Fighter

AN: Mostly done for support reasons as Beruka could use some positivity in her life. However, I'm not sure how optimal this paring is.

Felicia, Maid // ???, Niles // Demoiselle, Inspiration, Live to Serve, Tomebreaker, Shurikenbreaker

Niles, Adventurer // ???, Felicia // Locktouch, Movement +1, Lucky Seven, Pass, Lifetaker

AN: Honestly a leftover, but the support has its own charm to it. They can probably be changed around.

Jakob, Butler // ???, Peri // Luna, Aegis, Elbow Room, Armored Blow, Tomebreaker

Peri, Great Knight // ???, Jakob // Luna, Vengeance, Heartseeker, Malefic Aura, Lifetaker

AN: Another leftover, I paired up the Butler to the One Who Kills Butlers. Eh, I guess it works.

Keaton, Wolfssegner // ???, Effie // Wolfskin Fighter

Effie, General // ???, Keaton // Luna, Armored Blow, Pavise, Natural Cover, Wary Fighter

AN: I think I was trying to be optimal here, giving the extra STR to Velouria.

Rinkah, Oni Chieftain // ???, Hinata // Oni Savage, Ninja

Hinata, Trueblade // ???, Rinkah // Samurai, Oni Savage

AN: Leftover, but they seem to have good chemistry. (I think you see a pattern where the Hoshido characters I mostly just pass over.)

* * * * * Child Characters * * * * *

For this it's mostly for pairup bonuses for optimization, as well as support conversations.

Siegert, Paladin // Cavalier, Wyvern Rider

Soleil, Hero // ???, ??? // Aether, Sol, Dual Striker, Charm, Awakening

AN: A decent support conversation on two characters I would like to use in battle.

Shigure, Falcon Knight // Sky Knight, Troubadour

Caeldori, Falcon Knight // ???, ??? // Sky Knight, Samurai

AN: Two characters I would like to use, so I pair them together.

Percy, Wyvern Lord // ???, ??? // Wyvern Rider, Fighter

Sophie, Paladin // Cavalier, Mercenary

AN: Read the above.

Dwyer, Butler // Troubadour, Cavalier

Nina, Adventurer // Outlaw, Dark Mage

AN: Leftover, likely benchwarmers.

Forrest, Strategist // Troubadour, Dark Mage

Midori, ??? // Apothecary, Ninja

AN: Mostly in it for the support, but could change around.

Ignatius, General // Knight, Fighter

Velouria, Wolfssegner // Wolfskin, Fighter

AN: I think this makes sense statwise for Velouria, but I'm not sure.

Hisame, Trueblade // ???, ??? // Samurai, Oni Savage

Selkie, Nine Tails // ???, ??? // Kitsune, Diviner

AN: Leftover pairing.

Kiragi, Sniper // ???, ??? // Archer, Spear Fighter

Mitama, Priestess // ???, ??? // Shrine Maiden, Apothecary

AN: A questionable pairing, now that I actually have Kiragi and his optimism is rubbing off on me. I am thinking about giving him a better support partner.

Asugi, Master Ninja // ???, ??? // Ninja, Samurai

Rhajat, Onmyoji // ???, ??? // Diviner, Oni Savage

AN: Both characters are benched, so their fates I care not for.

Hi! I'm trying to make a build for Mitama. I wanted her to be a Kinshi Knight, and had planned for her mother to be Setsuna. I had planned for her to get Amaterasu and Bowfaire, and maybe Bowbreaker if I can find it online. But I'm stuck for her two final skills... If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate it.

Another classic, "help me with my pairings" question for my endgame Revelations file. For the purposes of categorization, I am going for both optimal builds as well as "good support convesation" builds, as I am unlikely to pair two characters together if they have a poor support conversation.

I'd probably switch Ryoma and Hinata's partners, unless you really don't like Hinata/Hana or Ryoma/Rinkah's convos or really want +4 speed -4 Shiro or something. Ryoma and Hana doesn't really care for each other's secondary classes, while if Hana marries Hinata she'll have access to the Oni tree. Rinkah gets Samurai either way, Ryoma will also get the Oni tree, and Hinata will at least get another class to work with (I don't think counter builds are optimal but i t might be fun with counter/countermagic/renewal+hinata's personal since he loses offensively to Ryoma and Hana anyway)

Swordmaster x Oni is pretty powerful as a class set though. You get Death Blow and Lancebreaker. Of course if you skill buy this point is moot.

Anywho guys I have Rinkah and Camilla and Ryoma and Silas, who should go with whom?

Rinkah x Ryoma

Camilla x Silas

Camilla is one of the best moms for Sophie and Shiro is one of the few kids that Rinkah doesn't make bad and Ryoma benefits from her skills such as Lancebreaker.

Edited by Pokechu

What should my Sakura's final class be? She's married to Leo and A+ with Elise. I've run her through priestess, sorcerer, dark knight, and strategist. I mainly use her for magic. Her stats are 25 str/38 mag/24 skill/35 spd/34 lck/22 def/28 res. This is all post-game. She's in strategist right now with her mag and luck capped.

What should my Sakura's final class be? She's married to Leo and A+ with Elise. I've run her through priestess, sorcerer, dark knight, and strategist. I mainly use her for magic. Her stats are 25 str/38 mag/24 skill/35 spd/34 lck/22 def/28 res. This is all post-game. She's in strategist right now with her mag and luck capped.

It depends on what you want her to do honestly. I like her best as a support unit since her personal skill lowers the damage of those around her. In that case I find her best final classes to be Priestess and Onmyoji. Onmyoji is for a bit more power from her magic, while Priestess can use her strength growth, and I find works better as a full out support unit

Onmyoji has the +4mag +4spd base guard stance bonuses that Leo would really like since he's slow as balls. Unless you're doing galeforce Leo, in which case anything with magic (or hell, she uses Shining Bow really well in Priestess) works for her since her mag is super high. There's also witch when that dlc comes out.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Boy it's been a while since I've posted here.

Since I just started optimizing my NA Lunatic Revelations file [i'm on Endgame already] I've been having trouble pairing off some people, so I wanna know everyone's thoughts on what I should do. I have the following pairings sort-of planned out:

F!Kamui x Leon - Already Married

Effie x Keaton

Charlotte x Xander

Setsuna x Kaden

Hinoka x Silas

Azura x Kaze

Mozu x Takumi

Elise x Odin

Felicia x Hayato

Nyx x Niles

Hana x Laslow

Sakura x Jakob

Orochi x Saizo

Kagero x Azama

Beruka x Arthur

Camilla x Ryouma

Rinkah x Benny

Oboro x Tsubaki

I'd like to know if there's any changes I should make on this list, as I want to get the best child stat wise, skills are not much of an issue with my castles, so I'm purely going off of modifiers, but everyone's opinions would be welcomed.

Best ending class for Azura!Nina? Her mods are:

-1 Strength, +1 Magic, +1 Skill, +7 Speed, +1 Luck, -2 Defense, +2 Resistance

Naturally, she gets Bow Knight, Adventurer, Sorcerer, and Dark Knight from her father, and Falcon/Kinshi Knight from her mother. The offensive mods are a bit disappointing, but the speed is unparalleled. Her friendship seal classes can give her Berserker or Hero.

From her husband, my corrin, she can get any sub class... There's also Witch, Dark Flier, and Great Lord for her DLC options. Which class would make the most use out of that +7 Speed mod and +1 Magic mod? Will she simply be good as an Adventurer with a shining bow?

Edited by Lucina's Husband

• 3 weeks later...

I'm stuck with pairing Takumi, Azama and Hinata @n@ I'm down to Rinkah, Kagero, Felicia and Hana for available mothers. Suggestions please? I'm all for screwing one kid over if the other 2 are sorta optimised.

Best ending class for Azura!Nina? Her mods are:

-1 Strength, +1 Magic, +1 Skill, +7 Speed, +1 Luck, -2 Defense, +2 Resistance

Naturally, she gets Bow Knight, Adventurer, Sorcerer, and Dark Knight from her father, and Falcon/Kinshi Knight from her mother. The offensive mods are a bit disappointing, but the speed is unparalleled. Her friendship seal classes can give her Berserker or Hero.

From her husband, my corrin, she can get any sub class... There's also Witch, Dark Flier, and Great Lord for her DLC options. Which class would make the most use out of that +7 Speed mod and +1 Magic mod? Will she simply be good as an Adventurer with a shining bow?

My Nina rocked as a Bow Knight even with a -1 STR mod. Give her a Crescent Bow and she quadruples everything. Bow Knight is better than Adventurer IMO, since the max SKL and STR is higher. Crits everywhere if you have Death Blow as one of her skills.

If you're in want of a really speedy Sorc/Dark Flier/Witch, that'll work too, but that -2 DEF means that she'll KO easily if she runs afoul of any melee fighters, especially since those classes have terrible, terrible HP and DEF growth. For me, the magic mod is too uninspiring to risk that.

MODEDIT: yo don't doublepost

Edited by Integrity

Kaze has a strength modifier of -2, which is obviously not a good thing. So I was thinking of having him marry a magic user. Looking at Orochi thanks to +4 magic and +5 skill, as well as the Future Sight ability.

However, there are skills that activate during certain times to increase his daughter's damage output with certain conditions (holding the right weapon, for example), and there are a few females (Hana, Oboro) that can give the right class for those skills. However, there are some that rely on the luck stat, and her skill gives +20% to any ability that relies on it. So getting Miracle from Sakura can also be of use.

Any thought on any of this?

Edited by jdb1984

So what is the best way to figure out what a certain child character needs on my own?

Despite working better with her Mods, it's pretty darn difficult to make Magic Midori work. I don't think she has any personal Magic Growth and no innate Magic using classes by default. If you really wanna go with a Magic Midori, Elise gives her both a lot of Magic and good Speed, so I guess that's a thing. Really though, unless you really think Merchant Midori with a Shining Bow is absolutely vital to your PvP strats, just have Midori"s mom pass her a decent balance of Strenghth and Speed or some new Bow using classes.

• 1 month later...

Gaaaah. I flubbed up I think in mods to apply to a M!Kanna. Currently, with the conscious not to child kill, chose a female avatar for Conquest. However, chose speed instead of strength for boon but have luck bane for avatar. Want to do the swords master line.

Judging by first gen mods, odin was okayish to supplement for the trashy Kanna but appeared to create garbage Ophelia.

Who would be a better partner for the avatar?

F!Avatar

Samurai

Boon: Speed

Bane Luck

Due to the nature of this topic, I'm going to let this necropost go. You above me, don't do it again.

So, you have three options:

- slam strength (so something like Charlotte!Siegbert as a father)

- make a speed demon (marry Niles!Shigure)

- something in the middle (Jakob, or Charlotte!Dwyer)

I'd probably choose Siegbert, since he'll pick up Swordfaire as a trade. Xander works, if you want serious shenanigans.