I have a question regarding this line:

The total cost of all units played during this phase may not exceed the cards in your bond area (1 card means one cost 1 unit, 2 cards mean two cost 1s or one cost 2, 5 cards means one cost 5, five cost 1s, a cost 2 and a cost 3, etc.)

Does that count only the top cards or all cards in the stack? (In the vanguard and rearguard area of course)

...I don't know how to answer this question, the way your wording it sounds weird.

The deployment limit applies wherever you deploy a unit, so if you place a cost1 unit down while you have 3 bonds, you can only deploy either two cost1 units or a cost 2 unit that turn (or promote a unit into (Level 3 / 2). If you deploy a unit via another card effect like Trueblade of Roaring Thunder, Ryoma, it wouldn't count towards your deployment limit for that turn.

When you deploy a unit, then perform a class change or level up, both deployment costs are used -> The cost of the unit being deployed + the cost of the unit Class Change / Level Up (1 from Cynthia1 and 2 from Cynthia3, when you class change Cynthia).

If I didn't answer your question properly, sorry about that. I'm a bit confused about the question to begin with.

Edited by TheVinceKnight

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to play them both in 1 turn it will require 5 bonds (deploying the cost 2, then promoting). If the cost 2 is already on the field you only need 3 (just promoting).

Edited by Foodies

Would it be potentially more favorable to promote from cost 1 to cost 5/3 (total cost of 4) than to deploy the latter directly (total cost of 5).

Compare deploying 4/3 (total cost of 4) and promoting from cost 2 to 4/3 (total cost of 5). At least there's an incentive for paying additional cost.

I think of master classes as something that would be fair to deploy if you have something on the field already (ie elincia1+5/3), but their effects are so good that you have to suck it up with the higher immediate cost (5).

• 2 weeks later...

Heya, I've played a few matches now with a friend. We are still learning our cards and ironing out some details but doing pretty good so far. I wanted to clear up a question we had. When a card has an ability like Lucina's (cost 2) Royal Bloodline ability. Can she activate that while an attack is going on? Like after supports come up and I realize I need 10 more attack, activate it then? Or does it have to be activated before you initiate your attack? Also can it be activated during a defence as you need it?

Also a little detail but, is the translation off on the Shiro and Siegbert 1 cost cards a bit? It say they gain 20 attack, but I see 30 on the card. Just clarifying. Since when we play I have the translations printed on a sheet and I don't always double check the actual text on the card. Since I can't read it. :p

Last question for now, is it possible to make a decent deck from a booster box alone?

I'm sure I'll have more questions. I have just forgotten them at the moment. Loving the game so far. :)

You need to activate it before initiating the attack. You can't use it on defense because you can only use ACT skill on your turn.

Shiro/Siegbert should be 30 yes, the wiki is incorrect. I don't have access to changing that so someone else who does will need to fix that :v

And nope. One booster box isn't going to give you enough copies of anything you can use as a MC, and you won't have the proper support cards either.

Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought, for all the questions. Kinda stinks about the deck thing. I was hoping I could make a purple deck from the booster box alone. But that's okay, I'll figure something out.