Who of the "Est Archetype" would you say is the easiest to level up?

Katie

Ross and Donnel are acquired too early in the game to count as Ests.

I'd definitely agree Est herself is one of the easier Ests to level up in most games she's in. FE11 particularly due to coming with a Ridersbane in a level filled with horses.

Pelleas (I enjoyed training him the most), Est (FE11/12). Nino is a bit hard to train for me, since she joins so late in the game, but the training usually payed off.

You don't even have to use glitches to train Nino. As with Elincia and Pelleas in FE10, Jaffar with an Iron Sword can weaken quite a few of the enemies in Night of Farewells so that Nino can finish them off.

Sure, there's a chance that Jaffar's Silencer might kick in, but not a very big chance if he's armed with an Iron Sword.

With 19 Strength, even an Iron Sword would prove fatal to most anything that isn't either promoted or a wyvern.

So? There isn't a shortage of either of those things on the map. And you can always use a weaker or slower character for the other units.

So? There isn't a shortage of either of those things on the map. And you can always use a weaker or slower character for the other units.

Which does jack to change the fact that Night of Farewells is annoying as all git out and NOT the type of map I'd want to bust my ass trying to train an egregiously underleveled unit on (incidentally, that's the main reason I disagree with Nino being the easiest Est to work with).

Edited by Levant Colthearts

I've played FE5, and that doesn't change the fact that with bexp, Elincia can reach level 20 before she's even fielded on the first map she appears. Paragon may be useful for Sara, but bexp kills that abilities usefulness

Sara is the correct answer, and it's frankly not even close. Not only does she have Elite, but staves give an exceedingly generous amount of experience. The barrier staff gives base 30 experience (60 with elite). The warp staff gives base 50 experience (100 with elite). That's an instant level up for a staff used extensively in FE5 runs.

Anyone listing a character besides Sara has not played FE5. Simple as that.

I just question whether Sara counts as an Est, because her stats aren't particularly better than any mage/staffbot and she's not used for her combat power

I would consider Miranda the true Est of Thracia

Farina

it helps she joins on a chapter with nine million shitter monk enemies

She also doesn't join with terribad bases or after a point where most of whomever you're using is promoted already. If you ask me, that makes her not an Est.

They're not much better than Sara's, and your unit's stats are generally higher in Blazing Sword than in Thracia.

Archetypes are subjective.

I've played FE5, and that doesn't change the fact that with bexp, Elincia can reach level 20 before she's even fielded on the first map she appears. Paragon may be useful for Sara, but bexp kills that abilities usefulness

You have to put them on even playing fields. You can say Kurth is the easiest because you can BEXP spam him. I'm 90% sure that the OP meant by bashing your skull.

That said, Amiti helps her training even without BEXP, but Sara is the only Est I've found truly useful even when under leveled. Hell, she can promote in one chapter with a lv 10 promo, 2 for level 20!

I stand by Astrid if she counts.

I wouldn't consider Farina an Est. If you did, you could make the case that Rath is sort of an Est. She comes at a point that she can instapromote and be more-or-less on par with the rest of your units. She'll be somewhat weaker if you've been training a lot, but her stats will be comparable to some of the better prepromotes, not the best, but ones that still function perfectly well, and she has very good growths. It's iffy, but I'm more inclined to say she's not.

Probably Sara or Corple. Both have access to staves in games where staff EXP is incredibly generous.

Corple with a Wind/Elwind tome, leadership stats and castle bonuses wrecks an entire wyvern squadron by himself. I didn't know it was possible!

Corple with a Wind/Elwind tome, leadership stats and castle bonuses wrecks an entire wyvern squadron by himself. I didn't know it was possible!

Anybody can, Wind magic is broken as hell, not just Corple.

Sara is not an Est though. The whole point of an Est is hard to level unit that sucks when you recruit them but grows a lot. Sara is amazing from the moment you get her and leveling her is trivial.

Sara is not an Est though. The whole point of an Est is hard to level unit that sucks when you recruit them but grows a lot. Sara is amazing from the moment you get her and leveling her is trivial.

no, it's a unit that joins underleveled but had good potential. She fits that. Technically Tormod is an Est too.