Anyone else having trouble deciding on a waifu/husbando? (spoilers)

Giga Man

In reality, I could just play the game, analyze their personalities, and decide who I really want based on experience. However, I've already spoiled the support conversations of the ladies I was most interested in. ;_; I could also, in reality, make multiple files and marry a different waifu in each one, but... there are so MANY GOOD CHOICES!

Now, in Nohr, it's pretty easy to decide, as I'm not a fan of most of the women there. I only really like Nyx and Ophelia. Nyx is the most interesting character with a cool design. Ophelia is Odin's daughter, and Owain is the GOAT, and she seems just as fun.

Hoshido... is much MUCH tougher... There's Rinka, Oboro, Setsuna, Kinu, Crimson, and possibly Orochi. They're at the top. So many of the gals at Hoshido have such attractive designs and great personalities to boot! Even after reading their support conversations, I still can't decide! I can't wed 'em all! Arrrgh!

*Ahem!*

So, how about y'all?

Edited by eclipse

Should I put the details of a character under a spoiler or put the characters' names under a spoiler?

Or, should I add another tag to the title warning about character details?

It's not really that difficult.

..Sort of.

Then again I am a girl so technically I'm trying to pick a HUSBANDO ...lol that sounds weird.

Very weird.

In any case, for me it's "too easy" because it's "obviously" Ryoma and Xander

You can skip this if you want to see me just talk about the real WAIFUS

Nah I lied, it's not actually that easy. Xander is a bit of a ....how do I say this, the fact that he

(Minor Spoilers)

goes along with Garon's actions in both routes (though he does change later in Nohr, and "with his imminent death" in Hoshido)

Makes it a bit difficult to fully 100% support him.

Unlike others, I don't actually like Leo that much. Well, I like him a bit more after watching him in Nohr, he's pretty nice. I always felt that he was kind of a jerkass of sorts, though he can be pretty kind. It's ironic since...

Takumi actually is kind of, to very jerkassy, the times you meet him while playing as Nohr come off with a pretty er..sour taste?

I actually like Takumi a fair amount.

The funny thing is that Ryoma is also kinda odd, though he's pretty nice. Though a little bit too cool maybe, though the streamer never actually used him, so all I saw were the story related events, no action, no supports, etc. So who knows.

Now on to the REAL WAIFU talk (why am I doing this?), Sakura and Elise steal the show, though how do I say this.

For Sakura, her main "problem" seems to be kind of lack of screentime, and the fact that in Hoshido (in my opinion anyway) you're not that desperate for healers actually. In Nohr Elise is kinda mandatory since you lack healers of sorts (not seriously but....well what can I say)

In a sense, Sakura also kind of feels like she gets not a lot of screentime. Sakura's main advantage over Elise is that in my opinion, she's a bit more well behaved than Elise, though I find myself "reversing opinions" (or at least changing a bit) after watching Nohr, since Elise is not nearly as outspoken as I make her sound like.

And with that I apparently covered Elise as well. Elise is more outspoken, so she gains and also loses some points in that regard, but what can I say

Slightly off tangent is that I'm still trying to figure out how her hair works. Oh well

Not gonna talk about Hinoka and Camilla for odd reasons, hohoho

In Nohr side I actually prefer Effie. It's a bit funny because Effie's voice actor sounds very, very boyish at times (Besides the fact that I know her voice actor's debut role in a certain...series. Hohohoho). So it can be a bit dissonant, at times. Plus the fact that Effie isn't very, you know, girly. No further comments on Nohr, rip. It may change in the future

For Hoshido, it's pretty obvious that I'm extremely biased towards Hana, she's just..awesome, of sorts. Her only real downfall is her poor defense, she gets like 1HKO'd by ....ok why am I talking about gameplay here, nevermind all that.

Hana is pretty good, her victory lines are actually some of the best I've heard (though in your defense I didn't actually hear that many victory lines, or remember them anyway). Hana and well, her connection to Sakura also make it even better. I can't say much more because I don't understand japanese and hence know very little about everything else, so hohoho, I hope you had fun reading this. Maybe

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

You're silly. XD (In a good way.)

I just used "waifu" and "husbando" cuz they're funny to say. You don't have to say them if you don't like them.

I like Hana. She seems like a cool chick. I found her really cute back in the first trailer when she was first shown with her eyes closed. She's not particularly high on my radar, though. Effie seems cool, but not all that interesting to me. I like that sweet look on her face, though. It makes her look like a really caring person.

On a side note, I'm gonna try and hope to forget all the support conversations I've read by the time the game comes out next year. I can't read any more until then. It probably won't work...

Edited by Giga Man

I understand the problem too many potential waifu's however I have already decided my two are mozume (Hosido) and flora (Nohr).

But in Nohr there are so many potential waifus there's; pieri, Nyx, Sophie (though I tend to avoid 2nd gen cause I find it a bit weird), Elfie and felicia.

For Hoshido though all I can say is thank god mozume is in both routes because I do not like a single girl, hell a single character that is exclusive to hoshido

Edited by Mackc2

For me, I didn't really have a problem picking at all. xD I really only like Takumi and Marx. What makes it hard is that I only plan to get one english version if we don't get a special edition (because I already have the Japanese dual one) and I was going to get the one with the guy I like more. But...they're on opposite sides and I can't pick and to make it even harder, both die in the opposing route. :(

Edited by Hatsuoki

I am just going to go with Azura, since none of the options have really grabbed me (at least, not as much as Lucina did in Awakening), so I might as well go with the one the game seems to be trying to push.

When experimenting on my first run through Nohr, I went with Lazward and so had Soleil as my daughter, mostly to check where the babies come from in this game (how silly sounding) I didn't get married on the Hoshido one, partially because I was trying to get through the main story faster to avoid spoilers, and because there were not many men on there to really hold my interest xD

Edited by Kirokan

I definitely have a problem. Probably going to play as female Kamui first, and for Nohr I'm just straight up gunning for Marx. On the Hoshido side, Ryouma, Takumi, Tsubaki, and Asama. I really don't know much about Asama but he looks really interesting. And then for a male Kamui run... For Nohr: Velour, Elfie, and Zero. I just love them all, okay, I can't decide who I like best. For Hoshido, Matoi, and maaybe Mitama and Kagerou? Possibly Crimson? Like her dad, I know all of nothing about Mitama but she talks in haiku, how could I not?

That's not even getting into the neutral characters. I adore Aqua, Felicia, and Suzukaze. So, yeah. So much trouble.

Oh my OH MY, I can't even...

Yes! I have a problem because no I CAN'T FREAKING CHOOSE!

I managed to round down my choices to 2 for each route but aaaaah.

Of course, out of the choices, all the siblings are there. XD I will only do my first-runs of all routes as a female, so at least I don't have a headache about waifus.

So in Hoshido, I'm struggling between Takumi and Ryoma. Somehow I seem to prefer Takumi but then I read Ryoma's Amie lines and.... ugh. In Nohr, of course, there's Leo and Xander. The struggle is real :/. Both are so great and I just can't choose (although I think I'll go with Xander because he's, well... Xander). As for the 3rd route, I'm struggling with Jakob and Silas. Jakob's antics are adorable, what with him being so flustered every time you give him attention. As for Silas, I've always had a soft spot for the best friend type.

Who the heck do I choose?! aaaaah

Yeah, I have trouble because as I'm a male I cannot marry any 1st gen girl in order not to miss any child... so that's my problem. I can just marry the 4 girl characters that have only support with Kamui (which I find a bit useless with the new Attack Stance in battles) or a child character which I find pretty strange in my opinion... (but I supose I'll end up doing...)

I chose a female Avatar in my Hoshido playthrough because I was dead-set on choosing the gay option every time.

Then I realized Tsukuyomi sucks didn't really have a place on my team, so I planned to marry Nishiki.

...but fate has other plans. I saw Shigure's face for the first time when I played his paralogue, and I knew he was the one. He was just too beautiful...

He would be my avatar if he wasn't a spoiler.

Edited by gayserbeam

Well yeah, Hinoka was my first choice. But Rinka.... oh Rinka, I swear our marriage will come soon!

And hey... the Choice Awards.... I'll get around to it, I promise. Eventually. Probably today.

Nope.I have all my waifus and husbandos.

Yuugiri

Asyura

Zero

Aqua

All the siblings

Shinonome

Nishiki

Flannel

Kinu

Velour

I have many waifus and husbandos and I shall marry them all.

So many great characters. Hana, Felicia, Flora, Yuugiri, Sophie, Charlotte and Ophelia for waifus, Kaze, Silas, Asyura, Hinata, Benoit and Flannel for husbandos. I don't know what to do... And those are just the top choices, I sure as hell wouldn't kick any of the others out of bed either.

Not really I'm goung with aqua in every route. First the support especially nohr are great. Second she is my favourite fe character ever. At lesst from what I've senn so far. And thrid it help for unit optimization

Hmmmmmm sounds like fun. I think I am all set with my potential waifus.......

Hoshido

Yuuguri: Bless IS for finally giving me a gorgeous older woman unit and potential S-rank. :wub:

Rinkah: A lovely amazon goddess with a fiery fighting spirit and a cute one at that.

Kagerou: A mature and stoic woman but man I hope to learn more about her soon.

Nohr

Felicia: What can I can say a bundle of pure adorkable energy!

Nyx is growing on me despite well her circumstances.

Regardless of route

Aqua: I just really like this character in both design and personality. Kind, wise, and yet so mysterious as well. For the third route this is the only path.

Originally I wanted Leo before I found out he was my brother~ XD Now it's between Kaze and Flannel. Since I'm avoiding spoilers, I'm still gonna wait till I get the game to make a decision on who I like better as a character, including all options, but those are the two I'm leaning towards based on design.

As for the Hoshido route, I hadn't really thought about it as a female, though when playing as a male, I'm leaning towards Rinkah and Orochi~

Hmm, well, since we have 3 Save files for each route, meaning we get 9(?) save files...

I have to consult with my inner girl to see which Husbandos to choose when it comes down to it.

But for now, this is what I have based on bios and appearances. Matoi is the only one I chose out of everyone in this list that is an absolute must to S-Support at some point.

Hoshido

Waifus
-Matoi

-Sakura

-Kinu

Husbandos

-Shinonome

-Gurei

Nohr

Waifus

-Ophelia

-Velour

Husbandos

-Leon

-Lazward

Neutral

Waifus

-Anna

-Felicia

Husbandos

-Kaze

Edited by Chibizayoi

For the longest time I was stuck between Hinata and Silas. Hinata for his design and cheeky personality, or Silas for the backstory and sweeter personality. I was going to settle with Hinata because no one else seemed to like him. But then I saw his son and just :P. Sophie was SO cute so I settled for Silas and that's who I'm planning to marry on my main file.

Should I put the details of a character under a spoiler or put the characters' names under a spoiler?

Or, should I add another tag to the title warning about character details?

I strongly suggest putting it in the thread title, because that's what people read first. I did it for you because I need to leave soon, and I'd rather not have this thread float around for the next 8+ hours without one.

As for the subject. . .the only place where it becomes a problem is Hoshido, because of the fact that Saizou has an equally attractive twin.

Oh man... I am definitely on the "too many candidates to pick" train.

M!Kamui Hoshido: Mitama, Setsuna, and the ever-popular Rinkah.

F!Kamui Hoshido: Sexy beasts Shinonome, Asama, Nishiki, or Yukimura, or adorable Takumi or Kisaragi.

M!Kamui Both: Midoriko.

F!Kamui Both: Jakob <3

M!Kamui Nohr: Camilla, Effie, Nyx, maybe even Ophelia or Velour. And definitely Zero at least once.

F!Kamui Nohr: Odin, Flannel, Siegbert, and, much to my own surprise, Foleo.

At least I can concretely say my first playthrough will be M!Kamui marrying Zero. I managed to make that decision at least. But then I haven't the faintest idea about Hoshido, nor about whom I would marry next in Nohr, and as for the Independent path... @_@